As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [steam] thread: Enter at your backlog's risk!

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Who was it that was saying they weren't really able to accept any gifts because their PC was too slow to run anything?

@JaysonFour Also, @Big Classy

@heenato has a bud that can't play anything with physics and is a casual gamer.

Whatever the hell that means.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Yep, Hero Defense is great. If you like tower defense games, check it out. If you don't... check it out, because it's unlike typical tower defense games.

Speaking of Tower Defense games, I've found that the Kingdom Rush games are the pinnacle of the Tower Defense genre. Outside of Hero Defense, is there anything that even comes close to replicating that KR goodness?

I am a big fan of Deathtrap the VanHelsing spin-off TD game.
    of course there is always Defense Grid or Defenders Quest

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Here I am, minding my own business, when out of nowhere comes a gift bomb.

mutMpBH.jpg

Thanks for taking this off my wishlist @Antoshka! I'm really looking forward to trying this one. I'm not the best at roguelike games but I really enjoy them a lot.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Ah, new thread. Don't let these go to waste. Post haste, enter now!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

There is one person looking to get a lot of points for a backlog challenge right now.

Late crowd, you know you want free games? Right!

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Question for the backlog challenge, if I start the game on pc and get around 30% through it. Then restart it on ps4 and finish it there, is it counted as beaten? I'm not going to go back to it on pc since I've beaten it, so technically it's off the backlog. @CorriganX

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Hello, Steam thread! It's my birthday and the past week has been utterly depressing for a variety of political and personal reasons, so to spread some cheer I'm going to be dropping random games into the thread all day.

First up, Metal Slug 2.

Loading...?

• Options
    The Binding of Isaac & Wrath of the Lamb

Loading...?

• Options
    PimsyPimsy Registered User regular
    Thanks @Burnage for Metal Slug 2!

• Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    @CorriganX Can I be added to a backlog team since i have now donated :D

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Warhammer 40,000; Dawn of War

Loading...?

• Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    Hey, so I played and beat Half-Life for the first time. It was pretty good. I think this Valve company might be going places.

Also,
    yfM7RBS.jpg
    Daww.

• Options
    Hey, so I played and beat Half-Life for the first time. It was pretty good. I think this Valve company might be going places.

Also,
    yfM7RBS.jpg
    Daww.

Oh Jesus, Half-Life does not look as good as I remember it.

I wonder if Killing Floor looks as good as I remember?

Loading...?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So they apparently updated Ms Splosion Man to Steamworks and also let you import GFWL saves to Steam some time ago.

I just wish the game felt tighter. She runs very slow and the art is so cluttered that it's often hard to see where she is, which is kind of a bad sign for a rhythmic precision platformer like this.

Also the checkpoints are far enough apart that you're repeating long platforming sequences over and over again.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    UseR2006 wrote: »
    CorriganX Can I be added to a backlog team since i have now donated :D

@UseR2006, you're a Gladiator. Get to backlogging!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    vNOcMT9.png

Woo! Thanks to @JMan711 for some cool new hairstyles! And I know they're cool, too, because it says so right there in the name.

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    The Walking Dead: Season 1

Loading...?

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Played a couple of my new games briefly last night.

Machina of the Planet Tree -Planet Ruler-, and The Marvellous Miss Take.

Machina of the Planet Tree seems to be a bit grindy. I spent like 25 minutes in what I think is the same dungeon and started getting a little bored. Doesn't help that it just throws you into the game without really telling you what the controls are. I'm going to try to finish it though, since it looks like it could pay off. If not, well I only payed $3.24 for it so no huge loss.

Marvellous Miss Take is fun from the get go. Really like what I've played so far, even though I've only played for 13 minutes. Will probably keep doing short sessions of it in between other games.

I'm going to try Subnautica next and then Xcom 2 either later tonight or start fresh tomorrow. Somewhere during the week I'll also try Learn Japanese To Survive - Hiragana Battle, as it would be really great if I could watch anime without subtitles. :P

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Titan Quest

Loading...?

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So they apparently updated Ms Splosion Man to Steamworks and also let you import GFWL saves to Steam some time ago.

I just wish the game felt tighter. She runs very slow and the art is so cluttered that it's often hard to see where she is, which is kind of a bad sign for a rhythmic precision platformer like this.

Also the checkpoints are far enough apart that you're repeating long platforming sequences over and over again.

I found Ms. Splosion Man to be a bit disappointing compared to the original Splosion Man. It just felt a lot more unfair to me, probably for the reasons you said. It's been a long time since I tried it.

I can't remember if Ms. Splosion Man has anything as amusing/dumb as the doughnuts song that plays when you pick up the guy you use as a meat shield against turrets:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zz30HFFNDI

• Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    So after reviewing my budget I have decided that I had just enough money left over this month to buy someone a shovel.

signature.png

Giveaway is open to members of the PA G&T Adventure Team group on Steam.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    The winner of Shadow of Mordor is ldx86 whose forum name I can't determine because I am dumb. Game sent to your linked email - let me know if it doesn't work!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    SteevL wrote: »

I found Ms. Splosion Man to be a bit disappointing compared to the original Splosion Man. It just felt a lot more unfair to me, probably for the reasons you said. It's been a long time since I tried it.

I can't remember if Ms. Splosion Man has anything as amusing/dumb as the doughnuts song that plays when you pick up the guy you use as a meat shield against turrets:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zz30HFFNDI

It's a large woman suit a la the Two Weeks lady from Total Recall in this one.

And it's some surf rock love song in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKy44_pYPXU

edit: Also yeah, totally unfair as shit. You can't even see what you're gonna land on cause it's off screen.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »
    The winner of Shadow of Mordor is ldx86 whose forum name I can't determine because I am dumb. Game sent to your linked email - let me know if it doesn't work!

@Idx86

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Thanks to @an_alt for the copy of Hacknet.
    I've had this one on the wishlist for a while. I never quite pulled the trigger on it worrying I wouldn't find the time for it right away. But it's a game I definitely want to play soon.
    Q7K5NfO.jpg

Do it. Just load it up and let it suck you in. You'll know within the first 15 minutes whether you'll like the game or not. Also it's pretty short so It should be easy to fit in to your regular gaming routine. I just finished it yesterday and rather enjoyed it.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    @JMan711 struck while I was sleeping!

r5zoll1umc9s.png

Thank you!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Cave Story+

Loading...?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

@Idx86

Damn it that's what I thought at first and the @ auto-fill in never auto-detected on that name. :(

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Cave Story+

Loading...?

Thanks heaps! had my eye on this one for quite some time.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

Loading...?

Thanks a million! So how miserable will this game make me? :?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Loading...?

It won't make you miserable at all! It's a heart warming tale of how to care for the next generation with no negative emotions at all.

Honest.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Loading...?

It won't make you miserable at all! It's a heart warming tale of how to care for the next generation with no negative emotions at all.

Honest.

This would be perfect for the 'lovely day' reaction. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    g2PhG1x.png
    @CorriganX @Iolo @Karoz

As a long time lurker I'm always amazed by the generosity and class everyone here displays year round but especially around the big steam sales.

Probably have time to knock a few games off the backlog before the sale ends. I was on Pixies team last year for the steam battle and if possible would like to be on the same team again (Pink is such a wonderful color, how could anyone resist?) but if the teams are uneven feel free to put me wherever evens it up.

Thanks for always being awesome throughout the years and always being able to make me feel a little better just hoping in here and seeing the amazing displays of class you guys constantly do.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Samorost 2

Loading...?

• Options
    Ghlinn wrote: »
    g2PhG1x.png
    CorriganX Iolo Karoz

As a long time lurker I'm always amazed by the generosity and class everyone here displays year round but especially around the big steam sales.

Probably have time to knock a few games off the backlog before the sale ends. I was on Pixies team last year for the steam battle and if possible would like to be on the same team again (Pink is such a wonderful color, how could anyone resist?) but if the teams are uneven feel free to put me wherever evens it up.

Thanks for always being awesome throughout the years and always being able to make me feel a little better just hoping in here and seeing the amazing displays of class you guys constantly do.

A crewmember remaining loyal to the One True Color after all this time despite victory being snatched from our ever-so-deserving hands by rascals and scoundrels?

*sniffle*

<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Nice, @Ghlinn! Pink Team go - get to backlogging! :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    I've got some belated but upcoming wallet funds, and so I go through my wishlist to see what I'm going to get. I've managed to prune it down to a dozen games, but I still don't know if I'll get anything this sale, because RimWorld and We Happy Few aren't out yet...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So, Beyond Good & Evil... the on-foot adventure-y and puzzle-y parts are lots fun, and Jade and Peyj (and now head-ramming-dude) are just awesome.

But the boat racing bits can just fuck right off and die. Maybe it was fine on a console but with KBAM ... no. Tried eleventy times last night to beat one of those looter caverns and couldn't quite do it. It's frustrating enough to make me reconsider playing the rest of the game.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Pixie do you not have a controller?

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    If only there was a customizable controller that worked with Steam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    f3rret wrote: »
    If only there was a customizable controller that worked with Steam.

Yeah, I started off using the Steam controller but the fact that the game has no native controller support (wtf) meant that all the menu and game prompts were KB buttons and it just kept messing with my head. I need prompts to match what I'm doing. :razz:

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.