As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Silent [chat] Restless Dreams

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Texas is the star shaped buckle on america's Bible Belt

Americans bible pants would probably fall down without it

I know what's getting 'lost' next time we do Texas' laundry from them

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    simonwolf wrote: »

http://www.sexwax.com/category/

i would assume

(then again it's kind of weird for a surf company to make heavy jackets)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Ah it'd be fun if Texas split up into five states. Also California. And add statehood to Puerto Rico and DC. We should just bump it up to 75 states.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Isn't Shakespeare's Sister where the radical feminist hate fest shakesville's owner/whatever gets her name?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    A/s/l ?

14/f/fl

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Empty [chat] is empty.

fixed

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    I can't believe the independence day sequel is bad and didn't release on the 4th of July, how do you fuck up both things?

It isn't, that is odd, and they didn't

The original ID4 is an incredibly stupid, somewhat crass film that I saw in the theater three times over the course of two weeks when I was twelve (maybe thirteen), and then immediately found to be dumb as hell on home video less than a year later

This sequel might actually be a slightly more intelligent, somewhat less crass movie! But nerds are gonna nerd, and I'm starting to believe that The Internet is a special place where people want to be disappointed no matter their claims to the contrary
    It has a 33 on Metacritic. I'm sorry if this is a hurtful comment, but....

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    But I mean if Texas just said they were their own country now would the Federal government really stop them with force?

Yes. Texas is a net contributor to the federal budget and runs an essential (and independant) component of the national power grid, not to mention the natural resources (fossil fuels if all types in abundance).

Most of Texas' infrastructure was paid for by the Fed.

• Options
    i would just like to point out that things suddenly changing to Silent Hill at 2AM is not a thing I was prepared for when I pressed the back button.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    2hodnkidn78q.png

this comment is a reply to
    the episode "the tale of the dangerous soup" from are you afraid of the dark

the internet!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I can't believe the independence day sequel is bad and didn't release on the 4th of July, how do you fuck up both things?

The original ID4 is an incredibly stupid, somewhat crass film that I saw in the theater three times over the course of two weeks when I was twelve (maybe thirteen), and then immediately found to be dumb as hell on home video less than a year later

This sequel might actually be a slightly more intelligent, somewhat less crass movie! But nerds are gonna nerd, and I'm starting to believe that The Internet is a special place where people want to be disappointed no matter their claims to the contrary

The main thing I remember about Independence Day is that they hack the alien mothership with their macbook

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Apo you joke but Texas has its own special brand of sovereign citizen, the Republic of Texas people.

I think I remember hearing about these guys

What a country

By which I mean The Republic of Texas, ofc

• Options
    i would just like to point out that things suddenly changing to Silent Hill at 2AM is not a thing I was prepared for when I pressed the back button.

...changed?

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I have never needed a drink more than tonight.

Hello everyone.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Isn't Shakespeare's Sister where the radical feminist hate fest shakesville's owner/whatever gets her name?

I don't understand your words

• Options

Will Smith Punching Aliens in the Face ☐
    Other People Who Aren't Will Smith Doing Things ☑

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Right but even if the thing about splitting up into several states is in the Texas state constitution, it's still preempted by the Feds.

Just because they say in the text that they can split up without congressional approval, doesn't make it have any force in law.

Kind of like how they can't write a law that makes every single word severable in order to avoid judicial review striking down the entire law.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Gim wrote: »

Hello everyone.

GIM!!

You're back!

...and you need a drink...I'm sorry. :(

I am glad you're back though!

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »

There is a feminist blarg called Shakesville

So named, I think because its author goes by Shakespeare's Sister as her internet handle

Maybe

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »

Hello everyone.

GIM!!

You're back!

...and you need a drink...I'm sorry. :(

I am glad you're back though!

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

It has a 33 on Metacritic. I'm sorry if this is a hurtful comment, but....

No, that's fine!

I'm just saying that it's of equal-or-greater quality to ID4, and that ID4 is a basically not-good movie that should also not be reviewed well

• Options
    I don't know, I always assumed
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Shakespeare

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    from the same episode

istnxh0b7kc1.png

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

So named, I think because its author goes by Shakespeare's Sister as her internet handle

Maybe

blargoweb

(never heard o that one)

• Options
    Podly wrote: »
    2hodnkidn78q.png

this comment is a reply to
    the episode "the tale of the dangerous soup" from are you afraid of the dark

the internet!

i want to know what it's like in that life

to be compelled to make a comment that displays a cursory knowledge of cuisine that was most probably cobbled together from the dregs of a netflix queue.

a day in the life, if you will.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Listen,

we can all definitively agree, and nobody has produced any evidence to the contrary, that Texas is capable of and might even desire to break apart from the United States of America. We all agree to that and it's well known and nobody repeatedly states otherwise.

But we all know that Abraham Lincoln was sealed a thousand miles beneath the surface and he can only be kept in his tomb by the preservation of the Union. If the country is cast into chaos once more, he will rise to the surface and destroy the world.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    being afraid of them is wise

sig.gif
  • Options

Maybe

blargoweb

(never heard o that one)
    It was a pretty popular thing to complain about around here during the 2008 primary, for obvious reasons.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    being afraid of them is wise

What if the bird is a good boy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKVjS9Gppqs

Edited for sound

jungleroomx on
  • Options

Maybe

blargoweb

(never heard o that one)

It's come up in the forums a few times, I think.

In particular after a forumer tried to respond to something about video games and got shut down for mansplaining

• Options
    edited June 2016
    "hey waiter, there's a scare in my soup!"

A+ Comment, would subscribe to future comments.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Maybe

blargoweb

(never heard o that one)

It's come up in the forums a few times, I think.

In particular after a forumer tried to respond to something about video games and got shut down for mansplaining

he probably shouldn't have mansplained then.

ANYWAY SO SILENT HILL

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    my people elected a slug man to be leader of my space elf theocratic republic

I enacted the calm and reasonable response of having his entire race purged

override367 on
  • Options
    I don't know, I always assumed
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Shakespeare

Well that was a bit poorly phrased, I wasn't imagining that it was the band that inspired such things.

• Options
    my people elected a slug man to be leader of my space elf theocratic republic

I enacted the calm and reasonable response of having his entire race purged

there's nothing calm and reasonable about purging, space Donald Trump

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    efdY6ual.jpg

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Does uh

Does jacobkosh know there's a new chat or is he just sitting in there by himself wondering why it's so quiet.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    the episode is awesome for so many reasons (even as a kid i was like "ok this one's ridiculous)

but also again because it stars another kid with parental issues, this what seems to be a teenager that's just on his fucking own no biggie

so obviously he needs a job badly but during the interview he tells the boss "I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU!"

and a young neve campbell!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    gim

Where were you

I was scared and alone

Never leave again

• Options
    The first four Silent Hill games were so good.

After that, the only good one they made again was Shattered Memories which was a Wii game.

PT was wonderful, but then the rest of the game got canceled. Abolish Konami. Oh wait, they already abolished themselves.

This discussion has been closed.