As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this [Love]?

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Song cycles are songs that are wholly separate and yet still designed to be performed in sequence, generally arranged around a theme

Like, you wouldn't call a standard musical or an opera a song cycle, as they are supposed to be woven together

Arguably a modern concept album could be considered a song cycle though, but the term predates such things by probably a good hundred years

What was the one she told you and did she give a reason for it being a favorite?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    ITT Bagel's worldview is brutally shattered.

This is what I get for believing in people on the Internet.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Its an 18thC dress actually.

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »

Ah, I am sorry, I do not know the fashion eras of England very well. Or the fashion eras of the United States, come to think of it. I'm pretty fashion ignorant all around.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    ITT Bagel's worldview is brutally shattered.

This is what I get for believing in people on the Internet.

You're right. We should have stuck with believing in people on TV.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options

Ah, I am sorry, I do not know the fashion eras of England very well. Or the fashion eras of the United States, come to think of it. I'm pretty fashion ignorant all around.
    qle47499i3uq.png
    j00r83n6dfq9.jpg

• Options

qle47499i3uq.png
    j00r83n6dfq9.jpg

Well, whenever it's from, it's a very nice dress.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

18 marjiuana????

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    I would just like to say to @Liiya that I think you should totally show up in a dress such as that on your first day at work and act as if everything is totally normal. If pressed about it, you can say "What are you talking about?" "Of course I wore clothes to the interview. Are you trying to say some sort of stupid pick-up line?"

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I need to go running but I'm still in bed and so comfy. Also lazy. So very lazy.

• Options
    I went running, it was awful! My lungs seems to be struggling to adjust to the change in air.

I just got all my rent deposit back! The cleaning was worth it! I need to buy glasses today thanks to my old eye person doing a typo on my prescription, so that makes me feel less panic about spending money.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Fun fact, Sheffield drug dealers are not like the idyllic dealers of Manchester and such

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Fun fact, Sheffield drug dealers are not like the idyllic dealers of Manchester and such

This fact doesn't seem very fun.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

Well I'd be all bold and stern if I knew that out of shot there are several police officers with SMG's backing me up.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Are you allowed to walk down downing street?

Because, I would like to pat Larry.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

Alas no.

There is a big metal gate at the entrance.

And behind metal gate are said SMG equipped members of the Metropolitan Police service.

I think you can stand outside and take pictures?

Not sure what the rules are on that.

I'm British asian, so I just assumed brown people taking photos are just shot on sight.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Is Larry allowed to come out and visit people?

• Options
    I have no idea.

He's a cat, I bet he does what he wants because that's what cats do.

• Options
    Sometimes people at the gates are angry and holding signs.

I too would like to give Larry a pat and cuddle.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Karl wrote: »

Alas no.

And behind metal gate are said SMG equipped members of the Metropolitan Police service.

I'm British asian, so I just assumed brown people taking photos are just shot on sight.

Funny story, while on holiday in London during the days of me being a dirtbag teenager who read a lot of military fiction, my well-meaning mum asked me if I knew what guns the guards were carrying. I just shrugged and she started walking over to ask the Downing Street guards what weapons they were carrying.

My step-dad, older sister, and I all had to grab hold of her to stop that.

I don't think they would've appreciated that from anyone, let alone a random Chinese person.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

Alas no.

Funny story, while on holiday in London during the days of me being a dirtbag teenager who read a lot of military fiction, my well-meaning mum asked me if I knew what guns the guards were carrying. I just shrugged and she started walking over to ask the Downing Street guards what weapons they were carrying.

My step-dad, older sister, and I all had to grab hold of her to stop that.

I don't think they would've appreciated that from anyone, let alone a random Chinese person.

The standard police issue SMG for AFO's (authorised firearms officers) is the H&K MP5.

My dissertation was about the Met's counter terrorism procedures so I actually had to research that kind of stuff.

I don't think they've upgraded to the MP7 like the MOD Police have, but in their defence I don't think CO19 (the Met's armed response unit) need it yet.

• Options
    The above base of knowledge has been highly useful in my current career as an IT Project Coordinator.

• Options
    Can I grumble about packing and moving? I'm tentatively excited to move, despite my worries of being rubbish at the job, but by far packing is the most annoying thing. Because I'm going to have to chuck out things I no longer use or will again probably, but it feels wasteful!

• Options
    Recycle as much as possible @Liiya

My charity shop loved me for all the clothes I brought them

• Options
    Recycle as much as possible @Liiya

My charity shop loved me for all the clothes I brought them

Good idea! Some stuff I'm leaving for my housemates (not clothes), but stuff like flour, which cost 30p and I'll donate to my current housemates but still, and a pair of boots which are ruined have a hole in them thrown out. I've got hoarding issues probs.

• Options
    ALSO why do I own so much tracing paper.

• Options

51VXM1TVT6L._AC_UL320_SR236,320_.jpg

• Options
    JoeUser wrote: »

51VXM1TVT6L._AC_UL320_SR236,320_.jpg

well I know what I'm doing tonight now.

• Options
    Can I grumble about packing and moving? I'm tentatively excited to move, despite my worries of being rubbish at the job, but by far packing is the most annoying thing. Because I'm going to have to chuck out things I no longer use or will again probably, but it feels wasteful!

Grumble away. I was in a very similar situation about a year and a half ago. It was a great opportunity and my new apartment was way better than my old one in just about every way and yet I still put off packing as long as possible because packing sucks.

It's good to go through from time-to-time and re-evaluate whether you need all the things you have collected and what better opportunity than a big move?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Grumble away. I was in a very similar situation about a year and a half ago. It was a great opportunity and my new apartment was way better than my old one in just about every way and yet I still put off packing as long as possible because packing sucks.

It's good to go through from time-to-time and re-evaluate whether you need all the things you have collected and what better opportunity than a big move?

Very true, very true. I hope my pot plant makes the journey in one piece!

• Options
    Having just moved, and knowing I'll be moving again soon, I have been brutal about what to keep and what to get rid of. Trouble is, whatever I throw away mum then hoards. It's not in my room any more though so I try to ignore it.

• Options
    The reason why people but houses is so they no longer have to move.

• Options

Very true, very true. I hope my pot plant makes the journey in one piece!

Now we see how she knows all the drug dealers!

• Options
    The reason why people but houses is so they no longer have to move.

A house doesn't really make much of a difference when you're moving to a different city for school or work, though. Can't speak for anyone else, but for my part, a house is on the long-term plan but stability in my life has to come first.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The above base of knowledge has been highly useful in my current career as an IT Project Coordinator.

I really want them to upgrade to the MP7

Because that gun is the sexy

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

I really want them to upgrade to the MP7

Because that gun is the sexy

Is it any good though?

• Options
    1) who cares, looks bossin

2) in rpgs it tends to be sick good and that is the standard I care about

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Song cycles are songs that are wholly separate and yet still designed to be performed in sequence, generally arranged around a theme

Like, you wouldn't call a standard musical or an opera a song cycle, as they are supposed to be woven together

Arguably a modern concept album could be considered a song cycle though, but the term predates such things by probably a good hundred years

What was the one she told you and did she give a reason for it being a favorite?

It was Craigslistlieder

And I don't think she gave a reason, she just explained what the general pitch was

Which is like, a funny idea I guess (I feel like it's a mine that's been fairly thoroughly tapped), and that's probably what I'll say if I respond to her

But man I got nothing else to go on to continue a conversation

This discussion has been closed.