As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guardians of the [Fragged Empire PbP]

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Putting the results here so someone can verify I didn't screw this up.

3d6 -> 6, 1, 4 total (11)
    6 means strong hit, which means reroll 1 die for Effort (right?)
    reroll of a 1 -> 2
    total (12) + 1 physical gives me 13
    Did I do it right?

Vulcan watched his companions all ready to make a break for it. They all seemed to gravitate to the same end result, running was the option, fighting was. And so, the time for hesitating was behind them, their window for escape was closing. "Run." the command was simple and short, and he didn't hesitate to see if it was understood. He sprinted off to their right, trying to put as much of the crowd between him and the security group as he drove towards one of the back exits. He attempted to glance back and see if him compatriots were following, but kept running.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Thank you, FFG Dice App!

First roll is 6,4,4. The 6 is a strong hit, but the only Strong Hit result I have for non-combat rolls at the moment is Effort, which lets you reroll one of the other dice. Since they're both above average, I'll keep them.

Total: 6,4,4 = 14 + 4 (Tac 1, Ref 3) = 18

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    alright, Murphy's pulling the pin and running. What exactly do I need to roll?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    3d6 + Stealth to slink off via hiding in the crowd, or 3d6 + Physical to focus more on running away.

Unless you have a special ability that gives you other options, a natural 6 lets you reroll one other die. This is called the Effort strong hit.

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Well here's hoping smoke will take care of stealth and Murphy will focus on running.
    Oil can! Oil can!
    Geth roll 3d6-2

3d6-2 5 [3d6=1, 4, 2]

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I am going to make an attempt to do a Stealth Roll. From what I can tell, my Tactical Skill (Stealth) gives me +1 to the roll, but other than that there's nothing really relevant so I just give it a go! Depending on the outcome I'll write a description. Also thanks for helping with the weapons! I think I'm going to go less for the wide explosion one and for the more precise option. The explosion stuff was more just descriptive anyway, I just wanted it to be pretty damn messy!

Geth roll 3d6+1

3d6+1 11 [3d6=5, 1, 4]

• Options
    Sek stepped to the left, out from the cover, and the guards seeing this raised their weapons slightly in anticipation... but then the Emissary dropped his right shoulder and slipped into a smooth roll back fully behind concealment again, heading towards the exit with his comrades in a fighting crouch. He decided against revealing his weaponry, now was not the time to try and draw any more heat upon them.
    Dear sweet AB, any chance of me making a Survival roll to try and find us a quick way to our destination?

• Options
    the new mission: bust Murphy out of jail

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @Solar

You add your Reflexes ability plus your Tactics skill together to get your Stealth modifier; it's calculated at the top of the character sheet for you.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Okay, well thanks to a certain robot who shant be named this'll be going to combat. Which between it being my day to go be a lazy asshole playing real board games (and probably alot of Monster Hunter) and still missing one sheet means we'll likely not be starting till tommorow for that. Just so people are appraised of the situation.

• Options
    Damn you robot...

• Options
    I don't know who that robot is, but e sounds like a real jerk

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Okay, well thanks to a certain robot who shant be named this'll be going to combat. Which between it being my day to go be a lazy asshole playing real board games (and probably alot of Monster Hunter) and still missing one sheet means we'll likely not be starting till tommorow for that. Just so people are appraised of the situation.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that the robot is going to combat? :D I mean, it might actually be easier to let him stand there gabbing with the cops for a bit while we sneak around and hotwire the cop's ride or something.

• Options
    @DaMoonRulz

So, your Stealth bonus is +3, making you pretty good at sneaking off through the smoke (you've got high Reflexes), vs. your Physical skill, which is -2. Just in case you missed that on your character sheet ...

• Options
    Yeah, I saw, but Albino said Physical first and I kinda wanted to test how things would go when they fell apart...I wasn't expecting to test it so thoroughly. @Albino Bunny have I had a chance to drop that smoke/shroud/whatever grenade?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    the smoke was included in making the test super easy at a 10, I wouldn't bother tracking it's expediture because you'll get to restock soon

• Options
    I dunno, ten's not THAT easy :redface:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    10.5 is the average for 3d6. Not including cases of using strong hits to drag yourself up. So it's the easiest check in the game (with things that are lower being the sort of things you don't need to roll for). :P

• Options
    fine with turning it into a combat, but if you want to skip, it just so happens that a stealth roll would have been 10 exactly

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    What would we roll against if we wanted this combat to be nonlethal? Can we just knock them out?

• Options
    The only non lethal weapons you have are your fists or any blunt objects you can grab nearby

• Options
    The only non lethal weapons you have are your fists or any blunt objects you can grab nearby
    Ok, @AustinP0027 , swing Murphy like a bat

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    giant gambling hall would have tables and chairs right? What's the equivalent of knocking them out? Reduce HP but with blunt objects?

Not saying we have to but if we can get in close without too much effort, might be better than killing the local security force

• Options
    any blunt/non lethal damage that takes a character's attributes below zero KO's them

• Options
    alright so get in close if we can but probably not take any risks

• Options
    Beytan doesn't really do non-lethal

Just, like, psychologically speaking it's hard for him to restrain in a combat situation. Conditioned to kill and all that, even if he has overcome it to a degree it's still. That's something that his comrades would likely know, is why I mention.

• Options
    Is a tactical retreat an option on the way to Ransom? Just firing to keep their heads down while we go cover to cover?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    So is there a Roll Initiative?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    So is there a Roll Initiative?

Straight Intelligence comparison, with Reflex breaking ties, and Rock-Paper-Scissors breaking Ref ties. So, I'm pretty sure I'm going first, since I am a SUPER GENIUS.

• Options
    Sorry, sorry, sorry! Things got a tad hectic with parents away and the whole menagerie of animals to care for, plus maybe a little too much FFXIV as I push to 60.

Currently steamroling through getting tokens and a map up and then we'll be off

• Options
    Okay, and table is all set up. You can go look at it and tell me how it's an un-interpretable mess. General idea is a bar area dominated by gambling tables and a foutain in the middle with guard rails around it to keep undesirables away from the installation. The thin red line is an alternative, but locked, door to get out. You can try busting it down, hacking the security panel next to it or even finding a staff member among the crowd and sweet talking/bribing/intimidating him. Whatever you can come up with. Otherwise it's about getting out onto the street past the guards. The railing, bar and tables all give medium cover, the bar chairs only give light. The fountain is difficult terrain.

Murphy starts off in a terrible position after an ill advised, but stylish, attempt at escaping by dramatically running over the bar top. Our two sensible stealthy individuals slinked off the stairs to blend in at a game of craps (and as such aren't actually on the security guys radar till they move) and Vulcan is trying to bash in that damn door.

Combat order will be established once I have all four character sheets available.

https://app.roll20.net/join/1524700/vjDHnA is the game link in case anyone lost track.

• Options
    Murphy is huffing and puffing from the exertion. He's really gotta stop smoking.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Murphy really regrets his attempts to fit in more by installing that stamina module.

I kinda have to assume that for Palantor physical checks are much more about your chasis's limit and your processing power to handle those sort of movements more than running out of breath.

• Options
    Murphy really regrets his attempts to fit in more by installing that stamina module.

I kinda have to assume that for Palantor physical checks are much more about your chasis's limit and your processing power to handle those sort of movements more than running out of breath.
    He's hoping the others will buy the act

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @Solar @DaMoonRulz @Elvenshae @AustinP0027 @Fuselage

You folks there or it just a busy weekend?

• Options
    I'm here! What's the turn order

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Still waiting on Solar's sheet. Was mostly just checking you folks were still about :P

• Options
    also here just waiting for the action to start

• Options
    I'm here! Logged into the game yesterday, checked out the map, approved of my icon, and ... waited because we're still waiting on Solar. :D