As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Thread's dead, baby; thread's dead.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I actually didn't know powerchain worked on SBs! Thank you.

It even works on RWs!

best use of it imo.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    So now that Orbfest is winding down, I took a look at the characters I leveled who have upcoming MC3s. I did pretty good.

Those left to level:
    Shantotto
    Rosa
    Krile
    Kuja
    Serah
    Papalymo
    Delita
    Mustadio
    Garland

Most of them are casters, since my Orbfest team was three characters with melee weapons and the EXP up RM auto-attacking everything to death. I allowed in casters only occasionally, to farm RMs, since they reduced the overall efficiency of the leveling. Fortunately, some casters, like Ashe, can carry melee weapons, so they were able to join in the fun.

The last three are only just now being released, but they'll be leveled in short order.

I also have a max level 5* Support and 5* WHM available in every realm (where applicable), as well as at least three other max level characters, for Cid's Missions.

I do sort of wonder how many refreshes were needed to get everyone to max level. Since I did 50 last Orbfest, and 50 this time, and I'm nowhere close.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I thought Dissidia part 2 was tonight. Even made sure to finish up FFT early enough to have stamina. Whoops, it's tomorrow.

What the Fuck am I supposed to do with the rest of the night? :rotate:

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Blast, I didn't realize orbfest was ending tonight.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Blast, I didn't realize orbfest was ending tonight.
    I knew it did but I forgot to take the 9:00 time into account when planning my play times, so I lost like 80 stamina's worth of farming anyway.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Re: Lifesiphon hones. IMO R3 is enough for most fights: that gives you 6 Lifesiphons, at least 2 SBs if not 3, plus a couple uses of whatever your other ability is, which is already 10-11 turns. R4 Lifesiphon can be handy if you have a paladin type character that's going to be carrying something like Protectga/Shellga in the other slot that you only want to cast once. Some people will run four or even five characters with Lifesiphon in some party builds, but I've never been able to find ability slots for more than two Lifesiphons on my team. My general recommendation is two R3 Lifesiphons to start with, then hone or create another if you think you'll get use out of it.

I'll probably stick a R4 Lifesiphon on Ramza to go along with his R2 Full Break, in order to keep both Shout/Tailwind up even in long fights. Added to that will probably be two R3 Lifesiphons, one of which will be wedded to Pecil along with Saint Cross. The other will go on whatever DPS or breakdown SB character I feel like using, which will likely be Gabranth (or Basch, if the boss is Dark-resistant and/or deals a ton of physical damage).

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Argh... 4x Silence shells on the time mage in the Gafgarion fight, none of them stuck, causing me to lose medals and not get the mastery bonus. >:(

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I am just sad that I did not get everyone up to 80. I still have all 3 new FFT characters between 50 and 80.

edit: and I didn't meet my goal of having less than 50 mythril as I have 62

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Non-elemental: 35.5 -> 81.75 (+46.25)
    Lightning: 98.7 -> 135.6 (+36.9)
    Holy: 88.5 -> 123.7 (+35.2)

those numbers weren't excluding any rewards from events or cid missions.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Saturdaily has dropped four majors for me already today. :)

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    God, this nightmare mandragora fight is utter dogshit

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    The mandragora fight went smoothly for me. The FF7 Four were a massive fucking pain in the ass though. I brought only Slowga, so it took fucking FOUR S/Ls before they didn't cast reflect on one of the ones you needed to slow for a target score before I could get to them.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Worth record diving Ramza? He only gains stats from it, is it better to go deep on characters that unlock new ability sets?

I haven't dived anyone yet, have every available mote so far

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Worth record diving Ramza? He only gains stats from it, is it better to go deep on characters that unlock new ability sets?

I haven't dived anyone yet, have every available mote so far
    I'm definitely holding out for people who get important new weapons or abilities, personally. But then I get the impression that you get many times more 3* motes than 4*, so maybe it doesn't matter that much what you do with those.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    If Ramza's on your A team, I'd say the stat boosts are with getting.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ramza's stats are so redic though that he kinda doesn't need any more help. I haven't spent any motes yet, but I'm planning on trying to unlock stuff like Gilgamesh 5* dragoon mostly.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I plan on using motes on my most used characters

basically

Pecil w/ BSB
    Ramza w/ all SBs minus BSB
    Faris for Dancer/Bard
    Quistis
    Yuffie

And eventually Firion/Onion Knight

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Right now my A-Team is 3 BSBs (Paladin Cecil, Sephiroth, Zidane), Lenna (Minishout and AE Healing), and Faris (Support).

It works.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I've got both of Ramza's +10 atk SB's mastered, completed his warrior record dive, and got up to lv4 in the knight bubble.

The asshole is now tied for highest base atk with Cloud at 193 (Cloud also has I think every possible +atk SB mastered plus some dives in him). Following them are Seph at 186, and Agrias at 183.

And he still has +5 atk waiting in the 3* dives. And an additional 19 in the 4* dives.

It may just be stats. But dem stats.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I started dumping motes into Tyro a month or two back since he needs the most help and I have wall, but I haven't done anything recently. Celes's boosts are all centered on Spellblade power, so I could get a huge boost there to go with Indom Blade... except that if you're bringing a spellblade, you're probably already getting the elemental boost bonus so are reaching the cap pretty easily. They also don't have much of anything that can go particularly deep on hones that's multiple hits to really take advantage of that either. She does get Knight+ too, but she also has an extra 5* Record Sphere compared to others.

PCecil's a good candidate too, I guess. His stuff's spread out, but it'll all overlap in general usage; Sword+, Knight+, Holy+. Agrias gets all +Sword and +Knight, but she conflicts pretty hard with PCecil and he's the clear winner with Pally Force. For raw power and tanking, she's still out there as an option though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Spellblade boost would also apply to Drain Strike, which has its moments.

As for Pecil and Agrias, I have her soul breaks, so she spends most of the time lifesiphoning, while Pecil sticks to pure damage.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I've completed all of Tyro's 3* record spheres, I'm not sure if I'll do the 4* spheres or not since it takes so very many. I'll probably invest into Ramza's 3* spheres as well, though he has a tough time taking advantage of the extra stats because he doesn't have access to many multi-hit abilities, though I do have his Nu Khai Armband for Hail of Stones. I'm mostly saving the 4* motes just in case I get an Onion Knight relic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Honestly, I will probably never spend a mote. Collect them all, like Elixirs, and never use them.

E: Big (and bad) news: no more datamining. DeNa will be encrypting their JSON files going forward. This means we won't know enemy stats and AI, as well as ability multipliers, what RMs do, what relics do, etc.

The end of FFRK as we know it.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    There's little point hanging onto the 3* ones. They're now regular rewards for bonus fights, and I assume they'll be regular gysahl rewards. Still kinda rare-ish, but also common enough I don't feel like I'm wasting them. Still mostly a case where you should only use them on your main guys.

The 4*'s though. Probably the equivalent of 5* orbs. This is the shit that gets saved for the A+++ team. The group you bring to beat the U+ when you have shit for synergy and need raw skill.

I guess the real kicker is whoever is in that A+++ team can change at the drop of a relic. Spend all that time nurturing and building Paladin Cecil. And then TG Cid's sword drops? Go eat dirt, you purple lipstick wearing weirdo.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Yeah the biggest worry for me about the 4* orbs is that pretty much everybody's position on the A-Team is reliant on not getting any of the upcoming uber-relics. Like if I get Onion Knight's BSB, I would very strongly consider going all-in on mages. Which then leaves Ramza, Pecil, Agrias etc. sitting on the sidelines.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Honestly, I will probably never spend a mote. Collect them all, like Elixirs, and never use them.

E: Big (and bad) news: no more datamining. DeNa will be encrypting their JSON files going forward. This means we won't know enemy stats and AI, as well as ability multipliers, what RMs do, what relics do, etc.

My dearest hope is that they're doing this to stop cheaters, and will provide ingame the information that we've been getting from datamining.

It makes me glad I'm not a whale, though.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Rius wrote: »

My dearest hope is that they're doing this to stop cheaters, and will provide ingame the information that we've been getting from datamining.

It makes me glad I'm not a whale, though.

People were apparently intercepting the JSON files and sending data that basically told the game every attack by the player should do 9999 damage per hit, which, besides making the actual game trivial, ruins multiplayer in a big way.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I'm not surprised, and I can't blame DeNa for stopping that nonsense, I just hope they recognize that their information ingame is terrible and desperately needs improvement.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    The FFT bosses were hilariously easy for their difficulty level - I killed the +++ boss before Pecil even finished charging his first SB bar.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    ugh, I hate it when Slow refuses to stick.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Yeah the biggest worry for me about the 4* orbs is that pretty much everybody's position on the A-Team is reliant on not getting any of the upcoming uber-relics. Like if I get Onion Knight's BSB, I would very strongly consider going all-in on mages. Which then leaves Ramza, Pecil, Agrias etc. sitting on the sidelines.

I'm saving them for after I get Badass Relic. I have shout and tailwind, so Ramza got every 3* mastered. I have Cleansing Strike, so now I'm saving up for Agrias whenever she gets record dives unlocked.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    100 gem pull gets me... Ovelia's staff! Ok so now I have 3 main line healers. Bring on the next White Mage Nightmare Dungeon! My ass ain't ever going to die! I will survive anything and just keep plinking away with simple attacks while 3+ Curaga level heals, heavy regen, and Wall laugh at your pathetic damage!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    pff, the +++ fights are never usually hard, but I also generally don't bring Ramza and Agrias to them. Barely got to use 3 rounds worth of abilities.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Shout plus Hallowed Bolt made literal mincemeat of all the FFT content

And Gafgarion / Millueda had almost no health

Super easy

• Options
    Man.

All this dialogue from FFT in these battles makes me really want to break out my copy of the game and see what the story's all about. Where did I put my PSP?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Man.

All this dialogue from FFT in these battles makes me really want to break out my copy of the game and see what the story's all about. Where did I put my PSP?

FF Tactics may be the game I've played the most, out of any game I've played in my life (like hundreds of hours). It is such a fond part of my childhood, and the music from the outstanding soundtrack is basically woven into my soul at this point. Hearing the songs again after so long is making me look up videos from Let's Plays on Youtube, just to reminisce in some of the great moments (which were themselves heightened in greatness by the always spot on background music to set the tone for the scenes).

• Options
    I put up with the slowdown the first time through the PSP version. I tried it again later on the PS TV, and couldn't take it.

If there were a way to patch it on the Vita/TV, I'd be all over it. I never updated past that henkaku homebrew stuff, so it's potentially possible, but all I can find is stuff for PSP's, not Vita's.

• Options
    Hrm I should at least spend 3* motes on Ramza, since he's one of the cornerstones of my team and 3* motes are rather plentiful. I'd probably be fine spending 4* motes on him as well, but they're such a limited resource that I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dang it. I flubbed the +++ fight. Having Planet Protector instead of Shout for RW didn't help, nor did packing Protectgs instead of Shellga.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

We have so much information it will be like the fall of Rome.
    Is heal a small amount when hit PCecil better than heal small amount when hit Vanilla?
    How do SB/SSB/BSB/OSB relate to eachother in terms of damage?
    How much do abilities do?
    As well as AI, lord knows Dr. Mog is the most useless thing in the universe.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

This discussion has been closed.