As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Thread's dead, baby; thread's dead.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Fuck those Nightmare Gargoyles and their stupid Fusion/Stone Heart bullshit. First time I've ever had to retreat and retool a + level fight. I actually had to swap out Pecil for Edge, and I didn't even land Stop (ended up just synchronizing Hallowed Bolt and Inferno to land close enough to prevent a rezz).

Darklyre on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    The FFT bosses were hilariously easy for their difficulty level - I killed the +++ boss before Pecil even finished charging his first SB bar.

They may have been tuned that way on purpose. We're not exactly sitting on piles of FFT synergy yet.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I had fun doing a complete FFT party for the + through +++ battles. I only have relics for Ramza, Agrias and Delita, but it was plenty. I did have to S/L a few times on the +++ because I didn't get a Wall RW to show up on the list and didn't feel like fishing for one, so I used HotE instead. If I had Wall as the RW the fight would have been completely trivial (with native Shout and the other SBs of course). The Black Mage actually hit a lot harder than I was expecting, and Milleuda's physical AOE was pretty strong too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Fuck those Nightmare Gargoyles and their stupid Fusion/Stone Heart bullshit. First time I've ever had to retreat and retool a + level fight. I actually had to swap out Pecil for Edge, and I didn't even land Stop (ended up just synchronizing Hallowed Bolt and Inferno to land close enough to prevent a rezz).

I just stop danced them all day. Stop Dance is amazing. I wish there was a slow aoe for the stupid ff7 whatever they are fight.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    That Celerity Nightmare was a bit of a pain in the ass. It took a few resets to get it right. Ended up with -1 damage, actions and KOs because I ran out of Shout about 50% into Tonberry King's lifebar, and then Wall dropped while he had a magic pixel left and he used Junk for 2.5k on everyone. Dead Thancred and Edge.

Still, mastery's mastered.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    This "What villain do you want in your party" survey seems a little pointless, since the next 6 months' worth of character additions are known.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    This "What villain do you want in your party" survey seems a little pointless, since the next 6 months' worth of character additions are known.

I want Marche.

• Options
    [argument about TA's cosmology goes here]

Anyway, zilch on the 100-gem pull.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Irrationally annoyed that the last two bosses force you to break villain synergy unless you specifically use the 3* power break ability

E: and I see that this event has Bartz as an ultimate, is this THE dreaded Bartz fight or is there a harder version down the line? I've read horror stories of him triple aoe kicking for 3-4k before you get to move

Beasteh on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

I want Marche.

I want a new Tactics game.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Irrationally annoyed that the last two bosses force you to break villain synergy unless you specifically use the 3* power break ability

E: and I see that this event has Bartz as an ultimate, is this THE dreaded Bartz fight or is there a harder version down the line? I've read horror stories of him triple aoe kicking for 3-4k before you get to move

Celes, Terra, Faris, Ramza, and Y'shtola had a ball killing Bartz, Lightning, Cloud, and all the rest. ;)

Edit: Kefka has Dancer 4, so there's the breakdown.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Beasteh wrote: »

Nah. Bartz is just the U here. He's the U+ in the Gilgamesh event coming up and much nastier. Partially because he's not weak to dark, but mostly just because he's fast and a bastard.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Hey, Dorgann and Stella married and were quite happy together.

• Options
    Hmmmm
    UYR76UY.jpg

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    You never do see under Garland's armor...

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    All these AoE battles this week are making me think Laguna's Desperado SB was one of the best relics I've ever pulled

It's usually instrumental in annihilating those battles

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Hmmmm
    UYR76UY.jpg

Just coming here to post that.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    QC on this event's text in general is pretty awful.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Also yes the mandragora fight is butts

Stop missed eight times in a row wtf

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited August 2016
    W0Np9yf.pngkiR5aNt.png

Wasn't too bad. I screwed up my Halting Rumba uses on the first set of three tonberries, which let one take way too many extra turns, so the king was doing 2222. Shout also ran off at the end, and I was too conservative with Full Charge, so I was using it without the Shout boost for the last use or two. Things could've been better at any rate, but mostly smooth sailing. Zidane was the MVP at the very end despite having to auto attack at least one turn. His ability to self-boost let that second Rumble Rush do solid burst damage to cross the finish line because I'm pretty sure SG was about to wear off (used Celeb Grimoire as a mini-medica), and an unmitigated Junk would've hurt. Tyro might've had the meter to refresh it though. It would've been close.

SBs: Crushing Blow, Air Strike, SG, Celeb Grimoire, Rumble Rush

Stats/Setup
    jk5NxbU.pngMtEh9Bv.png

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    This is the winning argument on the Marche situation. Marche isn't allowed to leave and go home alone. It was not his wish to go. You don't get to wish other people into situations/magic realms/whatevers they don't want to be in. That's just kidnapping. Marche was kidnapped by a magic book and paved a path of blood to go back home. If there was a way to allow his friend to stay and he CHOSE not to do that, maybe there'd be something there. But I'm pretty convinced the Queen lady was a Lich anyway, so it really wasn't in the other kid's best interest to stay.

And no, being kidnapped to a really cool magic place doesn't mean it's okay!

"But wait Jeddy, I don't think he was technically transported anywhere. I think the whole world was actually TRANSFORMED into Ivalice."

This is better? Now Mewt's wish has magically effed with either everyone in the world or everyone in that small town at least. He has even less of a right to keep the results in that case, especially if people are dying in the No Judges area and are actually still dead after the place reverts.

• Options
    Indeed. That book is evil.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    This is the winning argument on the Marche situation. Marche isn't allowed to leave and go home alone. It was not his wish to go. You don't get to wish other people into situations/magic realms/whatevers they don't want to be in. That's just kidnapping. Marche was kidnapped by a magic book and paved a path of blood to go back home. If there was a way to allow his friend to stay and he CHOSE not to do that, maybe there'd be something there. But I'm pretty convinced the Queen lady was a Lich anyway, so it really wasn't in the other kid's best interest to stay.

And no, being kidnapped to a really cool magic place doesn't mean it's okay!

"But wait Jeddy, I don't think he was technically transported anywhere. I think the whole world was actually TRANSFORMED into Ivalice."

This is better? Now Mewt's wish has magically effed with either everyone in the world or everyone in that small town at least. He has even less of a right to keep the results in that case, especially if people are dying in the No Judges area and are actually still dead after the place reverts.

At some point then, democracy should kick in. Put it to a vote. Who wants to stay, who wants to go, majority wins. But even going by what you said, Marche wants to go. There's no way for just him to go. Therefore fuck y'all, we're going.

It reminds me of Stargate SG1... Continuum I think? The last movie I believe. Standard time travel, alternate timeline, right what went wrong schtick you've seen a million times before. But they did one great lampshade on the whole thing. They're talking to their alternate commanding officer, explaining the situation. And he believes them. But then goes off on them. "Who the fuck says you're right? The arrogance, trying to destroy my timeline!". And in a way he's right. It's Universe B to the heroes, but to him it's Universe A, and they're saying fuck your universe? He's got every right to tell them to suck an egg. ...And then they fix the timeline anyways, because fuck Universe B, and it's a movie, we knew it was gonna happen anyways.

Either way, I don't think you're wrong. I think there's a fascinating debate regarding the whole idea that I don't think the writers considered when writing it. Marche is the good guy so we're supposed to agree with him. But it's not that black and white when you ponder it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I think we can all agree that the book was super evil for forcing this kind of decision on everyone, though. "Which universe worth of people should cease to exist" isn't a question anyone should have to answer.

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    I for one am glad orbfest is over. I need to do a inventory list of what I got and see what are the best skills I should create. Now I can try to tackle the core dungeons and get as much stamina as I can, having 82 stamina really sucks.

I have enough orbs to create saint's cross, banishing strike and some other skills I have read about on the thread. I did manage to create shellga and protectga and honing them once, I also created power breakdown, armor breakdown and magic breakdown; is it enough for now? What other skills should I look forward to?

Did a 15 mythril pull and got Jecht's bandana; looks like the game wants me to unlock FFX characters, got Lighting Steel from the Celerity Banner and now this. Is it worth unlocking Jecht?

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    Jecht is solid, and I'm pretty sure the bandanna has a 100% stun soul break on it, which is quite nice. I would certainly unlock him, since otherwise it will be months until he is featured in an event.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Counter tackle is a pretty sweet SB, I'm glad I pulled it. FFT's lackluster SSBs are a strange situation. Delita and Agrias are cool in AE fights, though.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    PSA: level Exdeath, Kefka and Sephiroth for the Cosmos bonus battle CMs

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    FFT event done and dusted up to the Ultimates. I do wonder why we're killing Oogy Boogy on this one, but the character model is grotesque fun at least. I'd like a Record Materia from FFT called "Milksop Rabble's Rebellion" or something like that because that phrase amuses me.

• Options
    I for one am glad orbfest is over. I need to do a inventory list of what I got and see what are the best skills I should create. Now I can try to tackle the core dungeons and get as much stamina as I can, having 82 stamina really sucks.

I have enough orbs to create saint's cross, banishing strike and some other skills I have read about on the thread. I did manage to create shellga and protectga and honing them once, I also created power breakdown, armor breakdown and magic breakdown; is it enough for now? What other skills should I look forward to?

Did a 15 mythril pull and got Jecht's bandana; looks like the game wants me to unlock FFX characters, got Lighting Steel from the Celerity Banner and now this. Is it worth unlocking Jecht?

I didn't see it mentioned, but if you can make it, Full Break is the priority 5* skill.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    FFT event done and dusted up to the Ultimates. I do wonder why we're killing Oogy Boogy on this one, but the character model is grotesque fun at least. I'd like a Record Materia from FFT called "Milksop Rabble's Rebellion" or something like that because that phrase amuses me.

Yeah, that is exactly what I think of when I see that sprite, too. :P One of the things driving the plot of FFT is that there exist these Zodiac Stones that have the power to transform an individual with a strong enough spirit into a grotesque sort of demigod. If you were around for the previous FFT event, you already saw Wiegraf use the Aries stone to transform into Belias (it's a little disconcerting that we're using it as a +30 ATK accessory now). Cuchulainn holds the Scorpio stone, I don't remember if we met the person holding it before their transformation.

BTW, here is a dad joke I came up with last night:
    Q: What is a FFI villain's favorite battle in FFT?
    A:
    Magic City GAR(i)LAND!

Fry on
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I didn't see it mentioned, but if you can make it, Full Break is the priority 5* skill.

I lack a good amount of 5* power orbs to craft it. I need to look at my power orbs and see if I can exchange them. Is it worth sacrificing skills that require power orbs to get full break?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Fry wrote: »
    Cuchulainn holds the Scorpio stone, I don't remember if we met the person holding it before their transformation.

He was Delacroix, that one priest who offered to take in Ovelia, but SHOCKINGLY, betrayed her. Because betraying Ovelia is like a national pasttime there or something.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Also, those zodiac demons (Lucavi, I think they're called) are some of the Espers who can be summoned in FFXII.

Cuchulainn looks... a little different, though.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Also, those zodiac demons (Lucavi, I think they're called) are some of the Espers who can be summoned in FFXII.

Cuchulainn looks... a little different, though.

True, but the looks are similar in spirit, and the actual fights are similar (heavy on the status effects).

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I lack a good amount of 5* power orbs to craft it. I need to look at my power orbs and see if I can exchange them. Is it worth sacrificing skills that require power orbs to get full break?

Full Break is pretty darn good, but obviously only useful if you have a Support 5 character that you feel comfortable bringing to battles. Since you're at 82 total stamina (or thereabouts) you can probably hold off a little bit on making Full Break. As a point of reference, I beat several ultimate and ultimate+ fights without it, though they were of course harder than they would have been if I had it at the time. So I would say you can put it off for a little while, at least.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also I don't know if the Dissidia part 2 bosses are easier than the ones in part 1; but I manage to beat everyone with only two synergy characters: Sephiroth (65) and Gabranth (62), no relics for them too; while I had four Synergy characters Pecil 65, Cloud 65, Squall 65 and WoL 50 with some good relics and had trouble finishing Sephiroth.

I only completed Lighting and Tidus though. I got Golbez's, Kefka's and Garland's MC2s. Are they any good? I am currently leveling Shantotto because she was my first MC2 and I read she was the current strongest magic user. Guess I can level them up during the weekends in order to make good use of any MC2 I can get my hands on; unless they aren't any good and I can instead use that stamina finishing core dungeons.

• Options
    They can be good. Both of them can use the Dark spells Memento Mori and Dark Zone, which are really strong magic, but expensive to make and hone.

• Options
    I wouldn't prioritize leveling Golbez, Kefka and Garland at the moment. They are solid characters, and as stated above can use Darkness abilities (the magic ones are strong, the physical ones are what I call aggressively mediocre), but you're unlikely to be able to make good use of those abilities for a while yet. After orbfest you should have a decent stock of reasonably high level characters, so you could definitely use Sunday for getting more stamina shards without too much worry. Most people will suggest never skipping the experience daily, but I think for relatively new accounts it isn't so critical since you won't have a huge number of characters unlocked and you should focus your efforts on ones you have relics for. There are very few characters that are useful without their specific relics, though mages can do reasonably well without a relic I suppose.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I wouldn't prioritize leveling Golbez, Kefka and Garland at the moment. They are solid characters, and as stated above can use Darkness abilities (the magic ones are strong, the physical ones are what I call aggressively mediocre), but you're unlikely to be able to make good use of those abilities for a while yet. After orbfest you should have a decent stock of reasonably high level characters, so you could definitely use Sunday for getting more stamina shards without too much worry. Most people will suggest never skipping the experience daily, but I think for relatively new accounts it isn't so critical since you won't have a huge number of characters unlocked and you should focus your efforts on ones you have relics for. There are very few characters that are useful without their specific relics, though mages can do reasonably well without a relic I suppose.

My current "leveling" group consists of Gabranth (62), which , no relics though, Basch (61) he has a small default wall so why not, Lenna (50) I have her Mace of Zeus which is a good medica, Shantotto (48) as my "new" magic user and Seifer (36), because I was hoping he was going to get Synergy during the event.

As for my current leveled characters I have: Paladin Cecil 65, Rydia 65, Cloud 65, Aerith 65, Sephiroth 65, Cid 65, Squall 65, Tyro 65, Kain 63, White Mage 53, Warrior of Light 50 (Need his MC1), Rosa 50 (Unlocked), Red XIII 50 (Need his MC1), Vivi 50 (Need his MC1), Snow 50 (Need his MC1), Black Mage 50 (Need his MC1)... After these guys I have a couple of 30s, some 20s, some 10s and a bunch of level 1s.

My "A-Team" is Pecil with his BSB, Tyro with breakdowns, Cloud with Climhazzard, Aerith as a Healer, Rydia as a Black Mage; I swap Tyro with Cid in order to use the Dragon SB + Climhazzard combo.

The way I see it, I can't wait to get a new FFIV or FFVII event, hahaha, maybe in a couple of months?

This is why I want to tackle as many core dungeons as I can, in order to unlock character specific free MC1s instead of using the few blanks I have, saving them for a random character if I get a good relic in a draw.

This discussion has been closed.