As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcast]s are still blood. Do you have enough of them in you to live?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    is a wrap a sandwich?

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I would place that in the Burrito family before the sandwich order

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    right but what if you're at like subway and you get like a blt but can you make it a wrap? and they will because they charge an extra dollar or something for it. is that abomination a sandwich, a burrito, or the destroyer of mankind lord to the unbaptized?

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Well here I am. Making an account for my mum to play Pokemon GO in just a short while. Oh boy.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Get her some sweet Pokemom license plates next.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    right but what if you're at like subway and you get like a blt but can you make it a wrap? and they will because they charge an extra dollar or something for it. is that abomination a sandwich, a burrito, or the destroyer of mankind lord to the unbaptized?

I dunno that anything at subway is technically a sandwich. Or food.

• Options
    that is clearly a wrap, any attempt to fool me into admitting it's a burger or pizza or something won't work

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Listen, as someone who has watched an episode of cake boss and that show with the angry english guy who bullies restaurant owners i think i am in a position to make definitive judgments on what food is and isn't another type of food.

I'm just trying to collect data on the general consciousnesses of this here thread.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Well here I am. Making an account for my mum to play Pokemon GO in just a short while. Oh boy.

Poke'mom

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Subway is fine.

Just maybe don't eat a six or twelve inch sandwich and convince yourself you are really eating healthy.

Still better than most fried foods though imo.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

I dunno that anything at subway is technically a sandwich. Or food.

subway sandwiches are as much a sandwich as a McDondald's burger, or an arby's pile of congealed hate.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    subway's fine, food snobbery is boring

• Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    that is clearly a wrap, any attempt to fool me into admitting it's a burger or pizza or something won't work

right but you said you'd include wraps in burritos, that's why i am asking using a specific example. There is no trap here, just an establishing baseline.

• Options
    subway's fine, food snobbery is boring

subway tastes fine for the price but every time I go there I get extremely sick to my stomach, which doesn't even happen at like taco bell or mcdonalds for me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    most chain restaurants and fast food places are fine. they aren't going to be high cuisine, and they're almost definitely not going to be good for you, in the long run, but, you know, they're fine.

except for applebees, that place is trash

• Options
    I see it as a sort of evolutionary process. Humans and the first true mammal a million years ago are technically in the same category, but both are wildly different.

the wrap is part of the same family as burrito, as defined by me as ingredients wrapped up in a tortilla. But the Burrito carries specific expectations for ingredients, where the wrap just takes anything

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I see it as a sort of evolutionary process. Humans and the first true mammal a million years ago are technically in the same category, but both are wildly different.

the wrap is part of the same family as burrito, as defined by me as ingredients wrapped up in a tortilla. But the Burrito carries specific expectations for ingredients, where the wrap just takes anything

so the wrap is like the cross over point between sandwich and burrito as some kind of hybrid, like a mule, or a liger?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    most chain restaurants and fast food places are fine. they aren't going to be high cuisine, and they're almost definitely not going to be good for you, in the long run, but, you know, they're fine.

except for applebees, that place is trash

Fuck Applebee's.

We went there for my brother's birthday last month and got burgers.

How they fucked up two burgers so badly is beyond me but I was very disappointed and kinda upset that my I took my claw there for his birthday.

They were cold salt patties on stale buns that got toasted to cardboard consistency.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

Poke'mom

I made this joke yesterday

You trying to steal my thunder, Chincy?

• Options

so the wrap is like the cross over point between sandwich and burrito as some kind of hybrid, like a mule, or a liger?

more that the Sandwhich family includes the sub-categories of Burrito, burger, etc, that also includes True Sandwhich for actual sandwhiches

so technically it's all ingredients contained using baked grain material, but there are some foods contained by baked grain material that follow specific rules of ingredients/presentation/method of consumption

which crazy exceptions like the Double Down which is the animal kingdom equivalent of the platypus or octopus where we just don't know what the fuck

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options

more that the Sandwhich family includes the sub-categories of Burrito, burger, etc, that also includes True Sandwhich for actual sandwhiches

so technically it's all ingredients contained using baked grain material, but there are some foods contained by baked grain material that follow specific rules of ingredients/presentation/method of consumption

which crazy exceptions like the Double Down which is the animal kingdom equivalent of the platypus or octopus where we just don't know what the fuck

i find this all acceptable.

though i do find it hard to agree that say a hotdog is a sandwich. something about that seems wrong on a visceral level. but it could be an semi closed openface sandwich.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Dan Harmon and Joel McHale are both writers for the new Mystery Science Theater 3000

So Elliot Kalan is Dan Harmon's boss

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Perhaps this well lead to a harmonquest adventuzone crossover, then griffin will mention friends at the table to Harmon, and boom Austin Waklker has an anime

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular

Poke'mom

This deserves way more credit than it got

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options

Poke'mom

This deserves way more credit than it got

Good job on your completely original joke Chincy!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I ran my first game of Shadowrun yesterday and my team ended up at a McHugh's, which is their in universe version of a McDonald's.

To keep the story short, shit hit the fan and the automated defense turrets of the fast food chain activated from behind the counters (this is Shadowrun after all) and one of my players without missing a beat said "They've got McChineguns hit the deck!"

This is my contribution to the fast food discussion.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I virtually never get digestive issues from fast food.

So either I'm very lucky or have a naturally high Fortitude save.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

MacDonald's just makes me feel bad on like a spiritual level. it's like the food equivalent of finding out Santa isn't real. Which is why it's probably my least favourite fast food burger.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

We recorded for 90 minutes. This was one of the most fun and bizarre experiences I've had lately.

• Options
    This Demo Derby has reminded me that Stewart Copeland is super cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i08gE5EVKmM

and the Spyro soundtrack is kinda rad?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

I get stomach trubs way more often from conventional restaurants than fast food places.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The thing that trips me up about the Australian nomenclature is, by their definition, if I cook up a ham steak and put it on a burger bun, I've created a ham burger.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mine is that a hot ham and cheese sandwhich would be a burger

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    you guys

we've been wrong about power rangers airing five days a week

it was on for six days a week

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Looks like Cara Ellison has been consulting with Kojima Productions re: their logo narrative if her Giant Bomb E3 stuff is to be taken seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atqBhyqq6xE
    space whales! put whales in everything!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    This Demo Derby starts off strong.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Commercial Kimberly is wayyyyyy more of a stereotypical Girl Character than actual Kimberly is

• Options
    Commercial Kimberly is wayyyyyy more of a stereotypical Girl Character than actual Kimberly is

Yeah the tone of kimberly in promotional materials is way different that she is in the show

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm listening to Episode 5 of Counter/Weight

Austin is way, way too good at playing a Silicon Valley douchebag

"It's easy to be terrible!"

• Options
    This Demo Derby shows that Giant Bomb seems to be completely unaware of how huge the Crash Bandicoot nostalgia crowd is

The announcement of the remaster collection was the second-most popular thing at E3 behind Zelda

They crazy for Crash

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.