As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SMT/Persona: My Neighbor Morgana (P5 out 4/4, if you hold on life will change)

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    YaYa: the Human Cautionary Tale

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I preordered the PS3 version of Persona 5 because it was cheaper and I only borrowed a PS3 and not a PS4.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    YaYa: the Human Cautionary Tale

best totp ever

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    HOW WOULD YOU NOT THINK THE ARTBOOK WOULD HAVE SPOILERS

I WAS BEING CAREFUL AND IT SNUCK UP ON ME

look i don't care how careful you are with knife games you have to accept that at some point you're going to stab yourself

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Knives are dangerous. They'll cut your fuckin' throat wide open!

Don't fuckin' touch knives!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Knives are dangerous. They'll cut your fuckin' throat wide open!

Don't fuckin' touch knives!

With your avatar now all I can think about is Frank's toe knife

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So after having listened to the SE Persona threads rave about it in the past, I finally checked out the Persona 4 Let's Play by Giant Bomb. It's so damn entertaining! Especially once they actually start getting into it and get attached to the characters. That was fun.

Also their characterization of Fox and running jokes they do throughout the Let's Play is great.

never die on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Persona 5 is out one month from today

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Persona 5 is out one month from today

it came out in 2014

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Too soon, I still need to beat Yakuza 0, Zelda and Persona 4, and Nier Automata maybe?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Too soon, I still need to beat Yakuza 0, Zelda and Persona 4, and Nier Automata maybe?

I'm trying to figure out how to beat Horizon, Nier, and Mass Effect all in the span of a month.

Chances are I won't.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    YO

4 WEEKS YO

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Mass Effect is going to have to wait, I don't want to start it and then have to put it on hold

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

In the comments he states he got review codes in early February. Atlus pls

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »

They're likely still ironing out some kinks which will probably be fixed through a day 1 patch, but felt the game was close enough to complete to send out review codes. Typically in a game as long as this you want to get that shit sent out ASAP so critics can spend enough time with it to review it honestly.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I'm really concerned I won't have enough time to beat Horizon and Nier before Persona. I've already given up on playing Mass Effect until the inevitable GOTY edition.

• Options
    I've yet to see anything bad written about this game, so I can't help the hype at this point

Gonna take the day off work and plan a marathon out

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular

They're likely still ironing out some kinks which will probably be fixed through a day 1 patch, but felt the game was close enough to complete to send out review codes. Typically in a game as long as this you want to get that shit sent out ASAP so critics can spend enough time with it to review it honestly.

The game was finished in September. Unless the version they've sent to reviewers has some bits that are missing localisation/voiced text I'm not sure what there is to iron out, and if it is then it's a bit burdensome for the reviewer to have to stick a stonking great disclaimer at the bottom of their review.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Using this to find a name for my MC

Konosuke is kinda cool sounding

• Options
    Chuck Tunoku, full stop

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    All my male MC's are named Nigel Megatron.

I have no idea why.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Chuck Tunoku, full stop

I'm going with Chester

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I may actually save this for after I beat Mass Effect.

Which is weird. I never thought I'd say that. This is tied with ME for my current most anticipated game. But the hype factor is lower. So while I know when I actually start I'm gonna lose my mind I'm not frothing now. And that is almost certainly due to it being out in japan for so long and getting delayed. It's like I already went through the entire hype cycle and learned all the details that I can safely learn without being spoiled... and then after that waited SO FUCKING LONG that it's not killing me.

But then ME I'm still getting info dripped to me and it's just around the corner.

• Options
    I'm thinking I'm gonna skip Mass Effect at launch cause I know I will drop it immediately once P5 hits

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I know I'm gonna play ME constantly so I'm pretty confident I can finish it before this comes out

The question is can I finish Zelda before ME

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I know I'm gonna play ME constantly so I'm pretty confident I can finish it before this comes out

The question is can I finish Zelda before ME

Haha. See mine is flipped. I can def beat Zelda before ME. But I will not be able to beat ME before this because I won't be able to stop ME until I have done every last thing possible.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I took the week off to play ME:A so hopefully I'll be able to finish my first playthrough before P5.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    ph blake wrote: »
    All my male MC's are named Nigel Megatron.

I have no idea why.

I somehow thought up Oniko Jigoku decades ago and thought I was just so damn clever.

Now I reuse it as a badge of shame.

Magic Pink on
  • Options

The game was finished in September. Unless the version they've sent to reviewers has some bits that are missing localisation/voiced text I'm not sure what there is to iron out, and if it is then it's a bit burdensome for the reviewer to have to stick a stonking great disclaimer at the bottom of their review.

Release probably was them wanting something on their 2017 financial record.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I usually give every SMT protagonist a different first name.

Makenai for Nocturne, Gemini for P4.
    I kept Minato for P3 because I like that name, P4's official ones are stupid.

I named SJ's protagonist Derek Roland since he's Mega America Space Marine and all that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    For anyone wanting the canonical name, the P5 manga reveals it to be Akira Kurusu

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Not a fan, Akira doesn't fit him. I'll think of something better.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Charles Bluefin

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Kuroneko.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Husbando.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    going to name him xXgogittoSSJ5Xx

This discussion has been closed.