As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SMT/Persona: My Neighbor Morgana (P5 out 4/4, if you hold on life will change)

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I reserve the right to be annoyed that demon negotiation is often completely random

In SMT that randomness can easily get you killed

It's not fun to me to throw in a few dice rolls that mean you get to spend time reloading a save if the rolls don't go your way just for "flavor"

In Nocturne hard mode I'm pretty sure you could lose the tutorial fight by the enemy getting some crits off. Criticals in general can be life or death there and then there's hama and mudo, the SMT games have always had a strong emphasis on risk management and being forced to roll the dice if things go bad over repetitious perfect strategy

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I forgot exactly how as the article was from forever ago but the negotiation in P5 is a bit more forgiving than it is in normal SMT games.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    persona in general is a much more..."casual"? i guess i would say experience than smt

i can't imagine demon negotiation being some huge flow-breaking thing

liEt3nH.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The best demon negotiations were the "Please spare my life!" join or die negotiation and the "I'm sorry for being a dick" when re-encountering a previous asshole demon.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say Persona is casual, but SMT is definitely a series that seeks to punish its players more (as a guy who's played only one of each)

I liked the negotiation in SMT4, though. Once you got the rhythm down you could get through 90% of negotiations successfully, and woe betide the ones who tried to stiff you.

dN0T6ur.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I've never dealt with these demon negotiations before

Hopefully they are cool

The ones in Persona 5 seem more like shakedowns than they do the ones in SMT4

In SMT4 you tried to convince demons to join you by bribing them, flattering them, threatening them, or stonewalling them (among other things)

P5 sounds almost like you're mugging them

dN0T6ur.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    The P5 version seems more like a thematic wrapper for what used to be shuffle time than what is present in SMT.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!

Persona 5 massive spoilers and true endings/etc. images are already out in the internet wilds.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Well none of you guys are going to post that shit in here, right?

Fuckin' right?

dN0T6ur.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Unless they've datamined somehow I probably won't even believe they're the real deal at this point

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Street date probably broke days ago a person coulda beat it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Right but did they get the true ending or just AN ending

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so the P5 soundtrack is out there now

I...

I don't think I like the battle theme

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it begins

liEt3nH.png
    it begins

shut up dammit, if I hold on life will change

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Better spoil yourself on the final boss theme just to make sure you like it.

I didn't like the final boss theme in P4

Final boss opinion spoilers for Persona 4
    If they had used the regular battle theme, transitioning right into the chorus, it would have been something like ten times more exciting

dN0T6ur.png
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Better spoil yourself on the final boss theme just to make sure you like it.

I'm pretty sure it's not on the soundtr-

oh

oh you're being flip

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Really dig the battle theme

Got some real nice bass guitar in it

I like Life Will Change way more as a battle theme but that might be the boss theme

I also wonder if they're gonna do the P4G thing of split battle themes if you get an Advantage on attack

The most important thing leaked (nothing that wasn't in the pre-release stuff, but double layering it just in case)
    JhhyYko.png

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Unless they've datamined somehow I probably won't even believe they're the real deal at this point

People were also playing review copies even before the broken street date copies went out.

Sometimes review copies end up in the hands of assholes.

This is nothing new.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Really dig the battle theme

Got some real nice bass guitar in it

It's no Babybabybaby but I like it.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    name your own Phantom Thief team, you say?

All of Tokyo shall fear- THE ASSBUTTS!

I saw this and immediately thought, "Oh, The Gullwings, obviously."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, everything I could find with a cursory search was all YouTube fakes of the battle theme

maybe you folks could just link to the actual stuff cause I'd rather not look for it and probably get spoiled

6F32U1X.png
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I didn't like the final boss theme in P4

Final boss opinion spoilers for Persona 4
    If they had used the regular battle theme, transitioning right into the chorus, it would have been something like ten times more exciting

How great would it have been if
    when you got the boss down to, like, half health it transitioned to that trumpet version of Reach Out to the Truth for the rest of the battle

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    If for any reason someone wants to see, it seems people have started streaming it on twitch.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Alright, I've taken a cursory glance at the soundtrack, since I think that's the least spoilery spoiler thing in history

It's rad

Later trailers had me worry they were gonna go for that extra downtuned guitar thing, but the music is all very much in the style of the opening song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVW63kF15vM

It's all got that heavy funk influence, like some of these tracks I would actually love to hear mashed up with James Brown

It's got its own flavor while still feeling very much in line with the past two games

6F32U1X.png
    Oh whoa this comes out next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPN8JPcUyUA

Persona 5 is now available in Japan

Moth 13 wrote: »
    Oh whoa this comes out next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPN8JPcUyUA

Looks like they're keeping the bad angel and Lucifer designs but I think I saw new Kaneko demons in there which is exciting

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I skimmed the spoilers for an ending and it got me pretty hyped about finding out how things got there

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Persona 5 is now available in Japan

He typed from a plane to Tokyo

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i think the worst thing to happen to @yaya in recent memory is me playing tokyo mirage sessions, because i keep drunk texting him about how mad i am that itsuki and maiko ain't boned down yet

(I AM ONLY JUST DONE WITH CHAPTER 4 PLEASE DON'T SPOIL ANYTHING)

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    the P5 protagonist now has a Canon name as per the just-published P5 manga
    Chester Tunoku
    nah just playin' it's Akira Kurusu

i think the worst thing to happen to @yaya in recent memory is me playing tokyo mirage sessions, because i keep drunk texting him about how mad i am that itsuki and maiko ain't boned down yet

(I AM ONLY JUST DONE WITH CHAPTER 4 PLEASE DON'T SPOIL ANYTHING)

Itsuki has the sexual awareness and charisma of a wet sponge, that dude's dick is the perma-Sahara

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    the P5 protagonist now has a Canon name as per the just-published P5 manga
    Chester Tunoku
    nah just playin' it's Akira Kurusu

Calling him Lord McNasty regardless

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of P5's battle theme, it's real cocky compared to the jobial upbeat tune P4 had.

But ROtTT is still the best.

This discussion has been closed.