As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

d.va is officially a dew-guzzling trash child in [overwatch]

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    just had a beautiful potg, where we were getting steamrolled on numbani by a team of all tracers, and then at the last push i under the bridge i switched to junkrat and spammed the way to sweet sweet victory

potg of course focused on me shooting two enemies on the stairwell, then blowing myself up instantly with my rip tire

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    Is there a mute button in this game? I haven't had anyone toxic enough to warrant looking for it yet.

Player menu (it's P on PC, dunno about console) then click the icons next to their names to mute them.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Is there a mute button in this game? I haven't had anyone toxic enough to warrant looking for it yet.
    On Console I go to the Social menu, then via right top trigger to the second tab, where you can see the players of your group and the opposing group, and if you select the name, you can inspect career, inspect profile and mute player.

I only had to do this once because someone was playing with and open mic and sitting next to a washing machine or something, but never said a word...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    PC can also just right click their name in chat and mute from there.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Or you can turn off all voice chat that isn't group or party specific.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    On Console I go to the Social menu, then via right top trigger to the second tab, where you can see the players of your group and the opposing group, and if you select the name, you can inspect career, inspect profile and mute player.

I only had to do this once because someone was playing with and open mic and sitting next to a washing machine or something, but never said a word...

Is there not a mute button in the score menu? Most people don't talk on Xbox anyway.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

Player menu (it's P on PC, dunno about console) then click the icons next to their names to mute them.

I do that from the start of the game as I am tired of hearing people yell and scream get off DVA or get on the point or something else so now it's a force of habit

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Went from integrated graphics to gtx 1060 today. It's beautiful now. And my aim is no frames fault but mine own.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Went from integrated graphics to gtx 1060 today. It's beautiful now. And my aim is no frames fault but mine own.

Get ready to improve possibly, I remember when I played pvz1 on an awful machine laggy and stuttery, then did a massive upgrade.

You suddenly realize " so this must be what training in weighted clothing is like for athletes"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Now get an appropriate no lag monitor to go with it such as:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MSOND8C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    TheStig wrote: »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MSOND8C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But only use it for competitive, get a CRT to practice with, more "weighted clothes"

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    no that's the opposite, CRT is the only true no-lag. That's what you use for competitive.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I really like the Zeppelin style

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    If you run a two D.Va comp, I do not want to be your friend.

It is entirely possible that I hate you.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    rocket sniping

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's kinda fun with Ana to be able to fire into a mixed crowd and still do something helpful one way or the other.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

My team did this tonight

It was, indeed, very mean

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the double zarya army is the strongest

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I played a few games with Tina Dayton and Ray Narvaez (formerly of Achievement Hunter) tonight. That was pretty cool. Got 2 potgs as Roadhog.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    No I don't.
  • Options

I like how the soldier 76 hopped in on his own just before it.

• Options
    He knew what was coming.

No I don't.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    what about that lucio who tried to skate out

• Options
    Oh, he got out. He got out and then quickly got smacked down by someone else.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Ok I got a few good chuckles from this new video on the patcher
    https://youtu.be/dYt7vByulVQ
    The Mei slow lineup for the snipe shot, the miss hitting and killing someone, then the slow lineup for the shot on Zenny killed me

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I've been that Zenyatta and that Widow.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    TheStig wrote: »

Don't buy this. They're really nice, then heaps of them just break in some way or another.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Is the failure rate higher than other monitors? Also do they fail within the 1 year warranty period or after? Anyway most of the complaints seem to be from 2014/15, I wonder if they fixed the issues.

TheStig on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I am so sick and fucking tired of Sudden Death. I cannot wait to be rid of it entirely.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Stilts wrote: »

My team did this tonight

It was, indeed, very mean

We did a 3 D'va comp on all KOTH maps

We flew together in a wing and ran around screaming

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Goose! wrote: »
    I played a few games with Tina Dayton and Ray Narvaez (formerly of Achievement Hunter) tonight. That was pretty cool. Got 2 potgs as Roadhog.

I am extremely jealous. Most of AH sucks at games but seem fun to play with. Ray is one of the former Achievement Hunters that is great at games and seems fun to play with.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Speaking of AH, their latest LP is them getting fucking rolled over and over in this game.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hahaha I'm watching a stream and the guy convinced his team to be all Genjis and he's blaring the Naruto theme song and everyone is using the dragon blade at the same time and this is the dumbest thing.

• Options
    edited July 2016

I am extremely jealous. Most of AH sucks at games but seem fun to play with. Ray is one of the former Achievement Hunters that is great at games and seems fun to play with.

It was funny, I had Tina's stream on in the b/g at half volume and I could hear her (on a 20-second delay) go "ugh, Goose" when I had killed her. I was doing quite well and had great healing help. Ray twice unleashed his ult just for me (as Pharah) so I must've been doing something right.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

It was funny, I had Tina's stream on in the b/g at half volume and I could hear her (on a 20-second delay) go "ugh, Goose" when I had killed her. I was doing quite well and had great healing help. Ray twice unleashed his ult just for me (as Pharah) so I must've been doing something right.

You're doing the Lord's work, son.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

In quick play, sure, but I'd also mention if you're trying your hand in competitive and wanting to improve your probably want to be in on the team chat--coordination wins games. You'll have to mute the geese individually, but they should still be the minority of the people you run into.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DedpuppyDedpuppy Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

In quick play, sure, but I'd also mention if you're trying your hand in competitive and wanting to improve your probably want to be in on the team chat--coordination wins games. You'll have to mute the geese individually, but they should still be the minority of the people you run into.

Honestly all the geese that I have run into have been via text, in both quick play and competitive. I've never had to mute anyone that didn't have a cold+open mic. But I do play 75% or more of my games in PA groups so that may have something to do with it.

f9uosTq.png

Battle.net:Ritalynn#1974
    XBL: Tranewrek
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Working on improving my Genji game, trying to get it from being hit or miss on pretty good to consistantly great.

I had a Genji on the other team last night respond to my chasing him down with a "wtf are you?"

I was sorely tempted to respond with "I'm Batman," because I sure as hell felt like it.

• Options
    DedpuppyDedpuppy Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Working on improving my Genji game, trying to get it from being hit or miss on pretty good to consistantly great.

I had a Genji on the other team last night respond to my chasing him down with a "wtf are you?"

I was sorely tempted to respond with "I'm Batman," because I sure as hell felt like it.

It is the only correct response to that question, no matter the context.

f9uosTq.png

Battle.net:Ritalynn#1974
    XBL: Tranewrek
This discussion has been closed.