As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Tooth Hurts

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Tooth Hurts

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Maybe he might do better with less insults. Or letting Tycho do it. Tycho's is use to being insulted.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Everyone's terrified of the dentist. I haven't been to one in years because I aint letting those tooth demons poke around in my mouth. My brother had to get a root canal recently, and I had to drive him because he needed to pop some xanax in order to go. He was still so nervous he spoke in a British accent the entire drive there...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "Hogwarts"?

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Everyone's terrified of the dentist. I haven't been to one in years because I aint letting those tooth demons poke around in my mouth. My brother had to get a root canal recently, and I had to drive him because he needed to pop some xanax in order to go. He was still so nervous he spoke in a British accent the entire drive there...

I talked to my hygienist about this. People with good dental hygiene supposedly often enjoy going to the dentist. The cleanings don't really hurt them, and they get complimented instead of chastised. And while I don't like it, once I started flossing regularly and my gums got healthier, I found hate the trips a lot less.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    He just needs to go to a dentist that knows how to relieve some of that anxiety.

Like these lovely ladies!

kD8xqnN.jpg

uP9Lhzx.jpg

In their office which isn't horrifying at all!

Dentist-Waiting-room.jpg

• Options
    kitenzkitenz Registered User new member
    I grew up with a terrible dentist who didn't believe in Novocaine, and then I moved 1000 miles, immediately broke a tooth and had to pick a dentist out of a phone book. The choice was bad, and she managed to destroy several of my teeth. I eventually found an awesome woman who is super-gentle, but best of all, *has the gas*. Makes all the difference in the world. I really can't stress enough to anyone reading this who has denti-anxiety; it may take a little work to find one, but somewhere out there is your gassy dental savior.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    I'm not afraid of the dentist because he tells me the same thing every time for years and I know exactly what's a head of me. My dentist is a grumpy old man who rarely speaks and sometimes just does things to my mouth without first informing me. The last time I was like "The hell are you doing?" And he said he was preparing to fill a cavity which he forgot to mention the previous time I went for a checkup so I thought I was just there for a regular clean. He's horrible. :(

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    He just needs to go to a dentist that knows how to relieve some of that anxiety.

Like these lovely ladies!

kD8xqnN.jpg

uP9Lhzx.jpg

nooo
    In their office which isn't horrifying at all!

Dentist-Waiting-room.jpg

NOOOO!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I think the proper response is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I actually don't!

• Options
    lawragatajarlawragatajar Registered User regular
    I like my dentist. I've been seeing him since I was a kid, and very rarely has my appointment been delayed. I would argue that he schedules too much time per patient (30 minutes each); he never spends that much time for a routine visit. The main reason my family like him, is that he doesn't push for excessive dental work. 25 to 30 years ago some other dentist told my dad he needed gum surgery. He went to my current dentist for a second opinion and was told everything was fine. Considering how much time has passed, I would say everything was fine.

• Options
    The Ninth GuardianThe Ninth Guardian Registered User regular
    Can't comment on the newspost, but I just have to be a pedant and say that's not a falcon on Ryan's wrist, it's a Harris's hawk.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    You're a harris's hawk

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is it safe?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Is it safe?

"Is he-quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a dentist"..."Safe?" said Mr Beaver ..."Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the dentist, I tell you.”

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    I guess I'm the only person who's never been afraid of the dentist or hated going to the dentist.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    The scariest moment in going to the dentist is getting the bill afterwards.

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    The random button sent me to another dentist comic. What are the odds? :)

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2000/07/24/i-havent-slept-in-three-days

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    man that shading is bad. almost looks like a reverse 5 o clock shadow.

shadowysea07 on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I never really got the thing about being afraid of the dentist. But then, I've been having various orthodontic treatments seince I was like nine years old. It's just another doctor. The only scary part is the bill afterwards.

Steam ID: Right here.