As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel] Strange Things Are Afoot

EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes UpRegistered User regular
edited September 2016 in Social Entropy++
Hey ya'll! Let's talk about how great the first MUA was!

Did you know they made movies and comics based on it? It's true!

Etchwarts on

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i enjoyed MUA

but it was no x-men legends 2

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Rocket Raccoon and Groot shorts from the director of some of Gorillaz' music videos

Season....4? Of Avengers is adapting Secret Wars

CYpGAPn.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I did volunteer beta testing on the Wii version of MUA 1, it was pretty sick. Best part was getting to play with the Wii a few months before it was out, it was still dev hardware at that point. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone back then, but you know, you can't trust a 16 year old to hold on to that stuff :P I actually got interviewed by MTV's gaming news site about it, but nothing ever got published. The producer I was working with told me about the Nintendo characters (Samus and Link) that they had planned on putting in the game before those got cut, but they weren't available for me to actually play.
    I also tested MUA 2, but that wasn't as neat since there was no fancy new hardware to see. There was a fun bug where if you switched characters in a multiplayer game the camera would infinitely pan out letting you see pretty much the entire level, luckily that got fixed.

I wonder if my name will still be in the credits of MUA 1 on this version.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    i enjoyed MUA

but it was no x-men legends 2

Yes, it was better because it had Beta Ray Bill

edited July 2016
    Huh

I'm skeptical it will be any good

But they are seemingly replacing the Avengers roster on the cartoon

The new team is Captain Marvel, Jane Foster Thor, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp and Vision

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    been meaning to do this yesterday but

#WardLives #LMD #Redemption
    How would an LMD who believes him self to be Ward react to finding out that he is not just a AI copy but a copy with all of the traumatic crap that made Ward a Hydra Agent removed/deleted.
    Think Angel/Angelus relationship from Buffy & Angel, maybe LMD Ward trying to redeem himself in the eye of the world.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

inhumans-vs-x-men-1-cover-by-leinil-yu-191804.jpg
    By Soule, Lemire and Yu

Also announced, Civil War 2: The Oath, an epilogue by Nick Spencer which features Hydra Steve Rogers as the mediator at the peace table between Carol and Tony

CYpGAPn.png
    I will say Black Bolt vs. Magneto is a throw down and also just character interaction I am super down for

CYpGAPn.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Is there any more SDCC stuff related to the upcoming MCU films to look forward to? Panels or something? I haven't really looked into the event schedule that closely.

Is there any more SDCC stuff related to the upcoming MCU films to look forward to? Panels or something? I haven't really looked into the event schedule that closely.
    The MCU panel is later today

CYpGAPn.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll get a Capt. Marvel casting announcement.

Marvel is expanding its line of Young Adult novels, with books coming starring Miles Morales, Captain Marvel, Black Widow and Squirrel Girl as well as a children's book titled Good Night Groot.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    i'm just hoping Marvel takes a page out of WB's book this year and actually uploads whatever they show online

i'm just hoping Marvel takes a page out of WB's book this year and actually uploads whatever they show online
    Yeah, there's really no point of keeping that shit under wraps nowadays

CYpGAPn.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    By Soule, Lemire and Yu

Also announced, Civil War 2: The Oath, an epilogue by Nick Spencer which features Hydra Steve Rogers as the mediator at the peace table between Carol and Tony

Let me check...

Yes, I am giving the exact minimum level of fucks about another hero versus hero showdown to still post about it on a forum. Uncanny.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

How would an LMD who believes him self to be Ward react to finding out that he is not just a AI copy but a copy with all of the traumatic crap that made Ward a Hydra Agent removed/deleted.
    Think Angel/Angelus relationship from Buffy & Angel, maybe LMD Ward trying to redeem himself in the eye of the world.

But him being super creepy in new an interesting ways was like half the point of the character

steam_sig.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    By Soule, Lemire and Yu

Considering how Logan tries his best to stay outside of everything he features quite a bit in CW2 and now this

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It sure is feeling like they're running out of ideas

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Legion looks great great great

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm kind of torn because on the one hand it does look great

but on the other hand it really bugs me that it has basically zero resemblance to the source material

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Is that Moon Girl on the Inhumans' side? That's a bit weird seeing from what I've heard, she doesn't want anything to do with Inhuman stuff. Plus where's Devil Dinosaur then if she's involved? They couldn't squeeze him somewhere on the left-side of the cover?

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

But him being super creepy in new an interesting ways was like half the point of the character

Oh no I agree, so the stuff isn't removed so much as suppressed, or restricted.

Hence the comparison I made about Angel/Angelus

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Is that Moon Girl on the Inhumans' side? That's a bit weird seeing from what I've heard, she doesn't want anything to do with Inhuman stuff. Plus where's Devil Dinosaur then if she's involved? They couldn't squeeze him somewhere on the left-side of the cover?

Are you implying that these big events might not take the characters and their current status in their own books all that serious?

edited July 2016
    Moon Girl went through Terrigenesis and has come to terms with being an Inhuman

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    this isn't really marvel but I'm lookin for quick input: do people like the first trades of paper girls and/or monstress? I've found myself wandering a barnes and noble and lookin at em

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    this isn't really marvel but I'm lookin for quick input: do people like the first trades of paper girls and/or monstress? I've found myself wandering a barnes and noble and lookin at em
    Paper Girls was good! I only read the first arc but it's worth getting

CYpGAPn.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    That CW2 epilogue plot synopsis does give me hope they're building to Hydra Steve vs Marvel, which is sounding better and better to me the more I think about it.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Hydra Steve vs. The Marvel Universe is a story I have no interest in and I am gonna be bummed when it is the event next year

I don't think it is an inherently bad story or ruining the character or anything now that everything is out there

But I don't really have any desire to read Steve Rogers: Marvel's Biggest Supervillain fighting all of the heroes

CYpGAPn.png

I've heard good things about Monstress, and Marjorie Liu is a pretty good writer

• Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    Lupita Nyong'o is playing Nakia in Black Panther, Michael B Jordan is playing Erik Killmonger

Kevin Fiege referred to Hulk and Bruce Banner as two distinct roles in Ragnarok which is pretty interesting

CYpGAPn.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Is there a version of that Legion trailer that I can watch? Not available in Australia because reasons. God I hate region locking content, it's so goddamn frustrating. It's a trailer!

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Taika Watititi had a goofy little fake vlog entry from Thor where he moved to Australia to take a break and got help from his roommate Darryl to write Tony and Steve an email about their "relationship problems"

Yeah that's probably gonna be a good movie

CYpGAPn.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Is there a version of that Legion trailer that I can watch? Not available in Australia because reasons. God I hate region locking content, it's so goddamn frustrating. It's a trailer!

Is twitter region-locked?

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    hmm they had teasers for daredevil 3, iron fist, and the defenders but no jessica jones 2

PNk1Ml4.png
    Surtur confirmed for Ragnarok

CYpGAPn.png
    oh hey this just popped up on my Twitter feed

This discussion has been closed.