As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Parliament/[CHAT]adelic

PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
edited July 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
WE WANT THE [CHAT]! GOTTA HAVE THAT [CHAT]!

(SING IT!)

image.php?i=670052.jpg

Funk_Gets_Ready_To_Roll.jpg

Parliament and Funkadelic were two bands that were in many ways the same band that performed under different names for different legal reasons. Headed by Dr. Funkenstein aka the Long Haired Sucka aka George Clinton, Parliament and Funkadelic synthesized both black and white music from the late sixties and early seventies into a funkisphere wholly its own. Combining the spaced out sound of Jimi Hendrix, Sly Stone, and the rock pioneers of the 60's with the hard hitting, brassily percussive syncopated soul of James Brown, George Clinton (along with the main collaborators, Bernie Worrell (RIP) and Bootsy Collins) created a sound that would be imitated, sampled, and outright stolen for the next 20 years.

GENERALLY the division goes as such: Funkadelic is a little more guitar based and features legendary Eddie Hazel much more prominently

Funkadelic

Whereas Parliament is more Soul/R&B oriented and emphasizes the horn arrangements of the brilliant Maceo Parker

Is there funk after death? 7 up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTh8BQ4oVU

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
9pr1GIh.jpg?1
Podly on

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Making smoked meat sandwiches tonight.

Authentic Montreal style.

Except I forgot the mustard. :(

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Sorry but I only listen to bands that have performed at the RNC.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    So being on a corner between a railroad track and a cemetery probably won't effect resale value right?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Redondo-Beach/1306-Firmona-Ave-90278/home/6573828

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    good chat

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

What bands :rotate:

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Bogart for best closing [chat] post 2016

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I love George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic's appearance in the movie "PCU". :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

This is a quality post.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I love George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic's appearance in the movie "PCU". :D

Would you blow me where the pampers is?

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I always really want to like funk. It seems cool and there are some parts of some songs that I like, but man

i just don't have the soul

too much the white devil

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm gonna go home and have sex with my pizza

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

Nicole Tindall, who was one of George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic's backup dancers (the blonde one), was Luci Luv in Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I want a pizza

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I ate ramen

I was supposed to go meet a lady for a drink but uhh this thunderstorm soooo yeahhhh

poo
  • Options
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i'm gonna go home and have sex with my pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SEv7v8kCqg

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I always really want to like funk. It seems cool and there are some parts of some songs that I like, but man

i just don't have the soul

too much the white devil

that's unfortunate

in the pfunk universe you would most likely have been tampered with by "Sir Nose D'VoidofFunk"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sir Nose D'VoidofFunk

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    osPm4xyl.jpg
    Suuuurrrre
    No cops would be that dumb on the job.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Leftover spaghetti with italian sausage and chopped beef.

Awww sheeeeit

• Options
    That was sarcasm. By the by.

• Options
    So, @Arch, @Orphane, and I, along with other folks on PA, have been playing the latest Monster Hunter game. There is a feature where you can send your friends' characters on missions to hunt monsters offscreen for you, called Hunters for Hire.

The first job that shows up when Arch's character is in rotation? It's a giant bug monster called Seltas. Typical. :p

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm

I had wanted to make thai noodles, but maybe should save veggies for curry

What pasta sauces have basil in them? I have a can of crushed tomatos, but it is basil'd apparently.

• Options
    Also, you can assign custom titles for yourself. One of them is Entomologist.
    I'm pretty sure Arch would be interested in that...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Arch's hunter for hire is not wearing any armor

I have not approached him about hunting for me because honestly, that scares me

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    So, @Arch, @Orphane, and I, along with other folks on PA, have been playing the latest Monster Hunter game. There is a feature where you can send your friends' characters on missions to hunt monsters offscreen for you, called Hunters for Hire.

The first job that shows up when Arch's character is in rotation? It's a giant bug monster called Seltas. Typical. :p

....yes...."catch" the seltas....

• Options
    edited July 2016

Ah, the Study of Ents.

Drez on
  • Options

FYI currently I have "Well-Known Bug Catcher"
    because I didn't see/unlock that one yet....

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hmm

What pasta sauces have basil in them? I have a can of crushed tomatos, but it is basil'd apparently.

Are you allergic?

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    If I ended up with that house I would have a real deep desire to try to turn it into a Adams Family style victorian home.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Because if youre not allergic, anyone who destroys a perfectly good tomato sauce with oregano should be tried for war crimes.

Marjoram is acceptable!

• Options
    Hmm

Are you allergic?

No, I just don't have plain crushed tomatoes, so I'm forced to do a sauce with basil in it rather than what I'd normally do.

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    So, Arch, Orphane, and I, along with other folks on PA, have been playing the latest Monster Hunter game. There is a feature where you can send your friends' characters on missions to hunt monsters offscreen for you, called Hunters for Hire.

Arch

Listen to me

Arch

Focus!

We hunt monsters, got it? Hunt.

Arch!

• Options
    Hmm

Are you allergic?

No, I just don't have plain crushed tomatoes, so I'm forced to do a sauce with basil in it rather than what I'd normally do.

Most canned sauces come pre-basil'd and pre-garlic'd.

• Options
    Hmm

Are you allergic?

Most canned sauces come pre-basil'd and pre-garlic'd.

This isn't a sauce, it's just a can of crushed tomatoes with basil in it. I don't know what direction to go in with this.

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    So, Arch, Orphane, and I, along with other folks on PA, have been playing the latest Monster Hunter game. There is a feature where you can send your friends' characters on missions to hunt monsters offscreen for you, called Hunters for Hire.

Arch

Listen to me

Arch

Focus!

We hunt monsters, got it? Hunt.

Arch!

As much as I love my dual Chainswords, I keep using my Insecticutters because A. farming them was a bitch, B. they have hella green sharpness, and C. I need bugs even if I'm not using the insect glaive i'm sorry i abandoned you my babieeessssss

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    So being on a corner between a railroad track and a cemetery probably won't effect resale value right?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Redondo-Beach/1306-Firmona-Ave-90278/home/6573828

You honestly get used to it.

Trains have speed limits in towns.

My aunt lived pretty much as close as you do to a track and you'd never really notice unless you were a light sleeper.

I'd avoid it if you had kids though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I want a pizza

Who doesn't?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I want a lightning pizza.

This discussion has been closed.