As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This ain't no task force. Welcome to the [Suicide Squad]

StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice,To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
Hi everyone and welcome to my Floyd Lawton Appreciation Thread.
Wikipedia wrote:
Deadshot (real name Floyd Lawton) is a fictional character who appears in American comic books published by DC Comics, commonly as an adversary of Batman. He has traditionally been portrayed as a supervillain, but has more recently taken the role of an antihero. The character first appears in Batman #59 (June/July 1950) and was created by Bob Kane, David Vern Reed and Lew Schwartz. As the world's deadliest and most accurate marksman, Deadshot has become a staple member of both the Suicide Squad and Secret Six.

What Wikipedia fails to mention there is that he is the best character DC comics has in their whole stable, but they keep reverting my edits.

Let's look at some of Floyd Lawton's greatest hits:

rVirdkk.jpg?1

jnTRYSF.jpg

09MPZJ8.jpg

PUyyM0D.jpg

TTN5CWq.jpg

Oh also he is being played by Will Smith in a movie that comes out this week.

I guess you might be interested in that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvzhfI4SuM

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I hated Bvs but really was looking forward to this, early reviews are bumming me out. I had a feeling it would be editing and pacing that screwed the pooch

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Rolling Stone used the phrase "limp-dick" in their review

Which would seem crass and immature, but then, it was about David Ayer

Also who the fuck cast Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang because I'll throw that person into the sun

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    casting an Aussie to play an Aussie isn't a bad idea

and most impressions i've seen say he's fine, mostly just underutilized

• Options
    Jai Courtney is never fine

Stop trying to make Jai Courtney happen

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Man, seems like the mid credit scene is pretty disappointing
    Waller gives Bruce dossiers on Flash and Aquaman.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Jai Courtney is on screen in Jack Reacher and during the entire time he is, it was quite tolerable.

That is the nicest thing I will ever say about Jai Courtney.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Hey dog

Spoiler that shit

It should go without saying for a movie that is not even out yet and which at least some people on this forum are looking forward to

I don't care if you don't think it's important, or if you don't think it matters because you don't think the movie is good

Spoiler your spoilers

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    When I'm reminded that this opens soon I feel myself being interested in catching it. But then I remember that Jared Leto is the Joker and boy am I ever conflicted about seeing it.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

I know I pretty constantly dog on the guy. But Sam Worthington as Captain Boomerang has been super fun in all the trailers.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I didn't care about any of the casting decisions, the make up, costuming, design, any of that. None of that would have bothered me if it was a good film. Unfortunately based on the reviews, it's not a matter of taste, it's just a poorly edited, paced and written film, and for me that's what I was worried about, because i liked the look of it and the casting personally

Super bummed. Get your shit together DC

Prohass on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Kyougu wrote: »
    "ARTHUR!? WHERE DID YOU GET THAT NAME?"

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

I know I pretty constantly dog on the guy. But Sam Worthington as Captain Boomerang has been super fun in all the trailers.
    Jai Courtney as Boomer was actually one of the things I was really liking about the movie, he looked like a perfect scummy drunken asshole, and it's a bummer to see he is barely used.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I just bought the first four Suicide Squad trades the other day.

3zruqspma81v.jpg

80's as fuck.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ostrander (and Yale) Suicide Squad is one of the best comics

I can't hold too much ill will towards this movie, as it is responsible for those trades finally getting reprinted

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

3zruqspma81v.jpg

80's as fuck.

Oh my god

He's got a bow and he's named William Hell?

God damn I love comic books

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

3zruqspma81v.jpg

80's as fuck.

Oh my god

You'll never guess what his real name is...

William Heller

• Options

3zruqspma81v.jpg

80's as fuck.

Oh my god

His real name is William Heller

William Hell is just a pseudonym

He's a weird white supermacist vigilante who goes out and fights crime

But while he turns over people of color that he takes down to the cops, he will try to get the white ones to join up with a white supremacist organization instead

• Options

3zruqspma81v.jpg

80's as fuck.

Oh my god

You'll never guess what his real name is...

William Heller

Does he have a piece of equipment or a method of transport or a secret hideout he calls the Overture

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    HEUH...HEUHK

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Well... Jeremy Jahns posted a pretty positive review of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKaLy54AbWs

I watch him because I find I have pretty similar taste in movies, so hopefully that means I'll enjoy it.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    34% on Rotten Tomatoes currently.

Someone has started an online petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes for obvious prejudice against DC movies.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    guess we're just posting open spoilers in tweets in here

cool

cooool

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited August 2016
    guess we're just posting open spoilers in tweets in here

cool

cooool

@Blankzilla
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hey dog

Spoiler that shit

It should go without saying for a movie that is not even out yet and which at least some people on this forum are looking forward to

I don't care if you don't think it's important, or if you don't think it matters because you don't think the movie is good

Spoiler your spoilers

Straightzi on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Sorry, I figured they were general and vague enough that it wouldn't be an issue, edited

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Screw it, I'll still see this Friday.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'll still go see it, since my brother and I were looking forward to it, but man.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm disappointed it's not even fun. I could handle "bad" if it was at least enjoyable

Should've gotten Michael Bay to direct with Will Smith as Deadshot and have it be basically Bad Boys 3

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I'm tempted to see this anyway, because it wouldn't be the first time this summer that a movie ended up getting skewered by critics and I enjoyed every second of it despite that.

But having said that, it's a DC movie, which makes me think the critics might have a point.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    can just one DC movie please be good? I really wanted this to be good. I even liked the costumes and character designs and ideas! Very 90s punky silly. Just all you had to do was make an ok movie around it and not be assholes

Also David Ayer is awful, the more i read about him. Apparently he did Fury I think? I really liked that, weird.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I mean you haven't seen it yet

Maybe you'll like it

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to see this anyway, because it wouldn't be the first time this summer that a movie ended up getting skewered by critics and I enjoyed every second of it despite that.

But having said that, it's a DC movie, which makes me think the critics might have a point.

What movie got screwed by critics?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    People shit all over Warcraft and I wound up liking that one, so I'm not going to flat out refuse to watch this. Not optimistic, though.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    can just one DC movie please be good? I really wanted this to be good. I even liked the costumes and character designs and ideas! Very 90s punky silly. Just all you had to do was make an ok movie around it and not be assholes

Also David Ayer is awful, the more i read about him. Apparently he did Fury I think? I really liked that, weird.

The cast did a press junket recently, and all they could talk about in regards to David Ayer is how the dude is fucking bonkers.

As in he would try to inspire actors by slapping them, telling them to call each other names, bringing up traumatizing memories that were shared in confidence, and in one case, tried to get Will Smith into character by telling him to pretend that someone had just dropped a fetus onto a table.

What the fuck, DC?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I mean you haven't seen it yet

Maybe you'll like it

I like your positivity vow, I will cross my fingers as I do like a lot of awful crap unironically

EDIT:
    Prohass wrote: »

The cast did a press junket recently, and all they could talk about in regards to David Ayer is how the dude is fucking bonkers.

As in he would try to inspire actors by slapping them, telling them to call each other names, bringing up traumatizing memories that were shared in confidence, and in one case, tried to get Will Smith into character by telling him to pretend that someone had just dropped a fetus onto a table.
    yeeesh

Prohass on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    the Perth SE++ forumers are going as a group to see it; we booked tix before reviews came out

but fuck it, at least we get to see it with a group of mates, should be a good time regardless

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER