As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Presidential Election 2016! (NO posting Onion or other satirical articles)

AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whateverRegistered User regular
edited August 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
8lmhnecy5d3j.jpg

maaaaaaayybe

here's our boy Newt on the issue:

“The current race is which of these two is the more unacceptable, because right now neither of them is acceptable,” Gingrich said in a Wednesday morning telephone interview. “Trump is helping her to win by proving he is more unacceptable than she is.”

Gingrich said Trump has only a matter of weeks to reverse course. “Anybody who is horrified by Hillary should hope that Trump will take a deep breath and learn some new skills,” he said. “He cannot win the presidency operating the way he is now. She can’t be bad enough to elect him if he’s determined to make this many mistakes.”

Shameless Plug? Boffo Snark Surplus? PA Solidarity? You be the judge!

What. The Fuck. Has. TRUMP. Done?

ElJeffe on

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Worth noting: Fox News polling is actually reasonable, they're not Rasmussen.

Which is why Fox News often reports more about Rasmussen polls than their own.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Trump is the existential horror Lovecraft wrote about.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    Trump is the existential horror Lovecraft wrote about.

Doubtful. Given ol HP's worldview, he would have loved Trump.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co9_XqkWAAAk4tx.jpg
    About 77% said they had heard of the Khan controversy, and those percentages are for the people who had heard about it.

It isn't going over well with any group.

• Options
    The Fox crosstabs also showcase that it's Gen X that sucks, not the Boomers.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Has Trump even hinted at gun control of any flavour?

Trump is the Rorschach candidate. Or no, I think someone in the last thread said it better by calling him the quantum candidate: he simultaneously supports every position.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

About 77% said they had heard of the Khan controversy, and those percentages are for the people who had heard about it.

Faith in Humanity temporarily restored!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    A 40/41% split on Republicans vs a 2/93% split on Democrats

Jesus

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Said that for years.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

See, even Obama's former chief speech writer thinks the idea of Trump's campaign being poor is overblown!!1!

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Said that for years.

Get off my flannel!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I have to wonder what the polls would be like in a situation where a democratic presidential candidate made this kind of response

Isn't the republican party the one that prides itself on supporting the armed forces? How about that mental gymnastics going on

• Options
    edited August 2016

The Iran thing is such nonsense that even RON FOURNIER is making fun of just one party.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options

Said that for years.

Get off my flannel!

Oh look its the least interested generation who made Pearl Jam a thing. GET FUCKED GEN X!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

The response to Trump being an absolute empathy void to the Khan's is quite possibly the most bipartisan thing I've seen in the past 8 years.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

Said that for years.

Get off my flannel!

Oh look its the least interested generation who made Pearl Jam a thing. GET FUCKED GEN X!

Yeah, but us millennials looking back realize Siouxsie and the Banshees were the best thing during that period! Clearly we're the best generation.

Crayon on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So Fox News apparently didn't poll any black people?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Said that for years.

Get off my flannel!

If I could be bothered to argue against that point...

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Honestly, Trumps feud with the Kahns reminds me of nothing so much as The tar baby from songs of the south; the more you fight it the worse you are going to get ensnared in an unwinnable situation.

For reference:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e90PKN74hLk

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Via a tweet from Cher

Yes I follow her

Co-Iw0QVIAA7vB-.jpg

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular

Said that for years.

Get off my flannel!

Screw you needy millennials right back! :P

• Options

The Iran thing is such nonsense that even RON FOURNIER is making fun of just one party.

Oh god conflicted, if Ron Fournier thinks it sucks maybe its real?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

Said that for years.

Get off my flannel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

• Options

I signed up for Romney's list last time so I could see what he was sending out

I didn't this time to save my sanity, thank you reporters for bringing it to us

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Trump is actually managing to destroy the myth about liberal media bias among certain groups

He's the hero we deserve

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Trump is the Rorschach candidate. Or no, I think someone in the last thread said it better by calling him the quantum candidate: he simultaneously supports every position.

Maybe the more you know Trump's position on an issue is, the less you can know Trump's momentum on the issue. There is a fundamental limit to the precision those two variables can be known.

Is he going to build a wall on the Florida border?

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

Not enough to be sufficiently confident in their responses with five different questions, at least.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

See, even Obama's former chief speech writer thinks the idea of Trump's campaign being poor is overblown!!1!

I was really confused for a minute there. TIL there is more than one famous Jon Favreau.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Via a tweet from Cher

Yes I follow her

Co-Iw0QVIAA7vB-.jpg

How many toilet emojis referring to Trump in the tweet tho

I ate an engineer
  • Options

Maybe the more you know Trump's position on an issue is, the less you can know Trump's momentum on the issue. There is a fundamental limit to the precision those two variables can be known.

Nope he's sending in the Busey family.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

He'll dig a ditch. A Ditch of Freedom!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

are you really surprised by that?

• Options
    milski wrote: »
    Via a tweet from Cher

Yes I follow her

Co-Iw0QVIAA7vB-.jpg

How many toilet emojis referring to Trump in the tweet tho

Just one haha

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I heard Fox News had lots of Black friends?

• Options

They have it listed as 87-4 with a 9.5% margin of error. Hispanics aren't listed though.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Via a tweet from Cher

Yes I follow her

Co-Iw0QVIAA7vB-.jpg

Hehehehehe the tiny hands!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Because of course.
    ALEX JONES: And then of course we’ve got the other controversy. Somebody’s got a screaming baby, probably a plant, right up in the front, howling like it’s the end of the world. And Trump’s just real. He says “hey, get that screaming baby out of here,” just like when they say we’re not doing the Star-Spangled Banner, he says we’re doing it. Or when somebody starts a fight to distract everything he says, “Take them outta here, stop being so easy on ‘em, when somebody’s punching people.” That’s why they’re scared of Trump, he’s real.

• Options
    Stop linking onion stories without marking them like that!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Given Trump's cadence when speaking, I can only assume his plan for the cocaine is to snort all of it.

Because jesus christ, every speech he gives is like being trapped next to a coke-fiend who had many opinions about things and wishes to share all of them via stacking them on top of each other.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Given Trump's cadence when speaking, I can only assume his plan for the cocaine is to snort all of it.

Because jesus christ, every speech he gives is like being trapped next to a coke-fiend who had many opinions about things and wishes to share all of them via stacking them on top of each other.

would certainly fit with his '80s business man villain' aesthetic.

This discussion has been closed.