As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ergodex Programmable Keypad

setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/77ba/

Does anyone have any experience with this? My sister is thinking of getting it for my birthday, but she wasn't sure if it was the kind of thing I wanted. It seems like a nifty piece of kit from the description, but I'd like to hear some feedback on it before I tell her to spend money.

setrajonas on

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Siblings should not spend $140 on each others' birthdays.

Unless she is rich? Is she rich?

jackal on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    She's not "rich", but she's well-off enough that she can spend money.

setrajonas on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    jackal wrote: »
    Siblings should not spend $140 on each others' birthdays.

Unless she is rich? Is she rich?

$140 is really not a lot of money to spend on a family member assuming one is gainfully employed. I realize a lot of people around here plateau with a $12/hour job and then dump it all into games, but there is another shore you know.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    In my experience, the simplest solution is often the best one. Have you considered the Speed Pad?

FreddyD on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    I dunno about those things, they always seem gimmicky to me. Have you considered just asking for a really top of the line keyboard, like one of the magical BenQ x Series boards? They're the keyboards BMW designed, and I have the X700 and it is without a doubt the best, most responsive, all around well designed keyboard I've ever used, and it's pretty, too.

And it's the bottom end model.

EDIT:
    Oh, only the X700 and X900 are the BMW designed ones.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well, I don't really need a specific keyboard right now (also pheezer: I searched a couple of places online and can't seem to that BenQ X board anywhere). Also to FreddyD, I believe this is programmable for any program, not just games. Thanks for the input from both of you though.

setrajonas on