As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

but no seriously jake, this [chat] op is all yours

19495969798100»

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    "hurray" i am going to go to a conference on SAS in october

I think you're sassy enough already.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I haven't had any serious problems building a PC since, like, 2004.

Not that I do it that often.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Skippy what kind of tea are you drinking?

I used to drink only tea and then switched to pretty much only coffee, but I liked tea more.

Or...I like most teas better than I like coffee from a big pot, but not as much as I like a nice espresso, maybe?

so the other day I was complaining to some friends about the egregious number of poops I take during a typical workday

and they sleuthed out that this may be related to the fact that I was drinking like, 1x 4-shot latte + 1x 20oz coffee + 1x diet coke before lunch

so yesterday I had 1x 20oz coffee + 1x 20oz chai tea

today I am having 1x 20oz coffee + 1x 20oz earl grey

after I get used to that for a few days I will look at continuing to walk the total caffeine amount down

years ago I used to do periodic caffeine resets where I'd go cold turkey (with 2 week headache) and then be off it for a while

idk if that is my end goal or not here

I think tea does not make you poop even if it has as much caffeine as the coffee.

..huh, I wonder if that's true.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Oh ugh i guess i will have to get a version of windows too won't i

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    bowen wrote: »
    I feel like a lot of you are using knowledge of "how to build a computer from scratch in 2001" and are reminiscing about zipzoomfly and tigerdirect and then panicking because you forgot arctic silver and need to run to CompUSA or Fry's to finish your build.

naw you're having trouble breaking out of your own lifestyle and perceiving the general case

Nope.

I build, on average, 20 computers a year.

I'd say the other cases are edge and outliers.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I don't really see VR taking off because of how closed off it makes you and how goofy it is. I especially don't see the room-scale stuff taking off because of how it asks you to blindly walk around a room you can't see. But who knows.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My last pc, the compact VR build with a 980Ti in it, included a closed loop cooling system installed in a space scarcely large enough to contain the radiator alone. It's impossible to service in under 3 hours. If it has any problem, I'm just putting the whole thing in the trash.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Maybe more like 15 I guess. Eh, same diff.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Imposter syndrome is a myth.

It assumes that your feelings of inadequacy are undeserved.

Let me assure you: you are human, which means you are terrible. Your feelings of inadequacy are entirely deserved.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    You're all Imposters!

What did you do with my real friends!?

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I've been on hold with my bank for like 25min

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Imposter syndrome is a myth.

It assumes that your feelings of inadequacy are undeserved.

Let me assure you: you are human, which means you are terrible. Your feelings of inadequacy are entirely deserved.

*cries snottily*

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    You aren't adequate enough to tell me that!

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Whoa those connector things are cool. Do want.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Winky wrote: »
    You're all Imposters!

What did you do with my real friends!?

you smoked, snorted, or otherwise ingested them

• Options
    I've been on hold with my bank for like 25min

who calls banks?

nudie millennials, what will you do next?

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    omg whatever I'll just call back later they're probably at lunch

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    I feel you are all very adequate. Like, the most adequate people I know!

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    You aren't adequate enough to tell me that!

Pfft, any dim-witted nincompoop can see that humanity is loathsome, people are stupid both as individuals and in groups, and anybody who believes themselves to have worth is suffering from delusions, possibly a form of psychosis.

eat at arby's

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    the front panel connectors are a weirdly antiquated standard. You'd think by now some MB manufacturer would have some sort of quick-connect plug carrying all those wires, with an adapter to the standard pin header for cases without the plug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q-Connector

It's beautiful. Asus 5 lyfe.

yeah that's what ends up happening (and what I've had on my last two PCs) but I want them to take it a step further.

Replace the pin header on the mobo with an actual socket, give the standard out to all the case manufacturers, provide a little socket->pin header adapter.

Meh, the Q connector itself is fine. I only ever hook up power & reset anyway (and these days reset is getting pointless, can't remember when I used it last). I dislike having the lights so I keep them disconnected

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I volunteered at a 60k (like a marathon and a half) once and one guy ran it in linen shorts, a dress shirt with rolled up sleeves, and flip flops and he did sub-8:30 miles straight through.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Life is a form of psychosis.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

So is sobriety.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    we should abolish phone calls and make everyone and every business uses texts instead

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I forgot to bring lunch today, so I'm starting a diet/calorie counting again.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Whenever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown,
    And things seem hard or tough,
    And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft,

And you feel that you've had quite eno-o-o-o-o-ough,

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
    And revolving at 900 miles an hour.
    It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
    The sun that is the source of all our power.
    Now the sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
    Are moving at a million miles a day,
    In the outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour,
    Of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars;
    It's a hundred thousand light-years side to side;
    It bulges in the middle sixteen thousand light-years thick,
    But out by us it's just three thousand light-years wide.
    We're thirty thousand light-years from Galactic Central Point,
    We go 'round every two hundred million years;
    And our galaxy itself is one of millions of billions
    In this amazing and expanding universe.

• Options
    Speaking of terrible humans

There's a new senior employee in my department and he keeps getting my name wrong.

Fine, whatever. Except that he keeps getting my name mixed up with a certain other employee who is particularly useless. Every time he does it, I feel like he is directly insulting me.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »

So is sobriety.

can confirm

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Speaking of terrible humans

There's a new senior employee in my department and he keeps getting my name wrong.

Fine, whatever. Except that he keeps getting my name mixed up with a certain other employee who is particularly useless. Every time he does it, I feel like he is directly insulting me.

call him the wrong name

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 3.8

@wandering will create the new thread
    @Feral is backup

This discussion has been closed.