As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Which Ernest Do You Prefer [chat]?

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Wedges for life, tho

omg walking up a hill in wedges is so hilariously great

feels like level ground

oddly excellent walking shoes for this reason

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I thought the purpose of heels was self harm.

So many ladies I've know have taken falls because of them.

they're bad for your health too

fuckin up your spine and legs and shit

ughh yes this is why my husband is anti-heels so I basically never wear them

they look super-cool though so who cares

all sorts of shit is bad for you and we do it anyway so whatever

sitting for long periods of time is bad for you but here I am with my butt in a chair for a million hours at work and another million hours at home

might as well wear cool shoes

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Just another aspect to the controversy.

How many people did she kill and bury in the back lawn of the white house to confuse the public about her actual age +/- 2 years?

Probably literally thousands.

I'm actually taking this vote between Ernests as a declaration of Republican vs Democrat. Red vs. Blue.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    Ludious wrote: »
    I think you guys are being a bit dramatic. I've seen a woman in heels outrun a dinosaur

I AM a dinosaur running in heels

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    2sgls7vmea8z.jpg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Fuck. Spent all day trying to get hold of my solicitor. Gave up, went for a beer and to jump off a big tower onto a huge cushion, now I've got five missed calls and he's once again not picking up

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    i'm 6'3" when well rested

probably like 6'1" when i'm sleepy

I'm 6'3" when I get out of bed. My spine stretches almost a full inch when I sleep. Used to have a lamp I'd bump my head on in the morning but not later in the day.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    credeiki wrote: »

sitting for long periods of time is bad for you but here I am with my butt in a chair for a million hours at work and another million hours at home

also heels probably aren't that bad for you if you're sitting

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Day off father/son fallout pretend sess hour 5:

We went to the wasteland to forage lunch. Found nutrient pouches. Banana l, carrot, mango, orange, wheatgrass, turmeric.

What even is this? I'd rather eat radroaches

Deebaser on
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Hmmm...

Shaz you doing grad school thinking?

My thoughts on grad school is make sure you go for something either tied to moving up the ladder making the cost worth it or something you actually like and care about a lot.

I did the latter. And the two years of grad school were amazing for developing skills, building friendships, and learning about stuff I am interested in. Also gave me the pass to get a job in that field basically. Before that I would of had a lot of issues.

For MBA though the networking is more important than the degree. MBAs are super common and more generalized than MA/MS in specific areas of study.

yeah

i've been doing the thinking for 5 years now

Like I know you get a bit of shiftlessness feeling from your work and that you don't get a drive unless the people around you kind of drive you like your last job.

Maybe sit with some of your really close friends and think out the things that really interest and drive you.

Not the things others expect of you.

And then poke around see if there is a program to study that stuff is out there that is more interesting than an MBA just because you think that will be what work and stuff will expect.

Über, Lyft, and taxi drivers probably have the most drive in their careers.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ernest P. Worrell
    zepherin wrote: »
    override367 and bowen have the most hateful coworkers.

nah 99% of teachers are great and patient, but there's a 1% that's shitty

earlier one called, he made sure to emphasize that he's a senior lecturer with two phds

and then he did this pathetic helpless routine about signing into the new login for the first time, and said "I'd like to make an appointment for me and my wife to come in and have this all explained to us and set up for us"

I told him he could just stop in the help desk and he said "how long are you there today?" and I said "we're open till 4:30" and he was like "no, how long are YOU there, and what is your first and last name please" and then he asked about my coworkers when I told him I was leaving at 12:30, and he's like "okay so we'll schedule the appointment for noon, with you" despite me repeating multiple times we don't do appointments and there's not really anything to set up

he literally just has to log in and pick his timezone and shit
    Yeah but 99% of the people don't call you because they aren't shit heals. That 1% are just hateful pricks. The worst is, this shit is going to start calling your boss, and his/her boss, he's going to be obscene about just being ignorant.

I see his type when I deal with the government, especially GSA. Since we are awarded lowest price technically acceptable contracts a lot. I'll shine em on and send the CO a delay claim with their name on it for extended overhead, and billable time. Do it once you'll get a nasty call, do it again and bill the time you got the nasty call, and they will never talk to you again.

zepherin on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    Ok, can I get off work yet?

...It's like 9:20 here. Effffffffff.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Ernest P. Worrell
    And Ryan Gosling.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    I tried to walk in heels one time. A friend with bigass lady feet helpfully supplied the shoes. I think I made it about 5 wobbly steps before falling over. Lucky I didn't sprain my ankle.

You can keep them.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I own these

angelica-whitetalco-jpeg-1.jpg

/covets

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell

/teeters sexily

I mean.. I'm not really complaining or anything.

big boobs are probably way worse for a back than heels imo

not that I'm complaining about those either

Less the back than the toes worry me! My poor mom got some danged nerve-fuckery after she hit 50-something and had to drop heels to a special occasion thing.

Although honestly I've heard "boobs hurt your back" from people but never people I know with big boobs. It seems like the sort of thing where compensatory muscle development is fine usually? I mean it has to come from somewhere but like my danged back hurts all the time and I'm flat as a board.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    this is like

the only collection of women that I've heard be enthusiastic about heels

everyone else I know loathes them and would rather wear flats or boots or something

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    credeiki wrote: »

also heels probably aren't that bad for you if you're sitting

Right, I also don't wear heels to work or anything cause I go for menswear or a menswear-inspired style. For occasionally going out or just wanting to be tall or have a striking outfit though, it's good.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    I DO covet those, SiG! Those are rad!

Ernest P. Worrell

/teeters sexily

Less the back than the toes worry me! My poor mom got some danged nerve-fuckery after she hit 50-something and had to drop heels to a special occasion thing.

Although honestly I've heard "boobs hurt your back" from people but never people I know with big boobs. It seems like the sort of thing where compensatory muscle development is fine usually? I mean it has to come from somewhere but like my danged back hurts all the time and I'm flat as a board.

i have more than one friend who had big boobs and decided to get reductions because they messed up their back so much

/teeters sexily

It's just that you're more likely to have back issues. Of course it depends on your body and build, etc.

Personally I thank zeus every day for my smallies.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    ex tells me i should just apply to stanford and MIT for b school and see what happens

i don't even know why i would go to b school or what i'd get from it

but i'm taking the gmat in 3 weeks apparently tho i haven't studied

careers are dumb and i don't know

take it from a guy who never finished a 2-year degree because obv my advice is best but my understanding is never go back to school without a plan

in 28 years of my life i have never been able to think further than 2 months ahead in my life

this is why i have gotten nowhere in life

On the other hand I made a plan for how to spend ~5 years of my life and it fell apart in the final 2 months.

So I'm not sure this whole planning-ahead thing is all that great.

Man makes plans and doge laughs

this is why doge has buddha nature

Ernest P. Worrell
    this is like

everyone else I know loathes them and would rather wear flats or boots or something

I ask the models I work with all the time and they all seem to prefer heels, even while not working.

this is like

Boots with heels!

It's probably because we all (?) only wear heels by choice/when we feel like it instead of feeling pressured by work* or societal standards.

*maybe SIG has to wear heels to work?

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Day off father/son fallout pretend sess hour 5:

We went to the wasteland to forage lunch. Found nutrient pouches. Banana l, carrot, mango, orange, wheatgrass, turmeric.

What even is this? I'd rather eat radroaches

Those pouches are pretty good.

When uh... when you have a "I drink because you cry" hangover they're like living in the future.

nibXTE7.png
    this is like

I'm not required to wear them every day so they are fine for me. I mostly wear flats and wedges to work. They hurt when I do wear them but they are also p sexy.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    This is another day of [chat] where I want to do one of those breathless posts where I post my (and the correct) opinion on everything being discussed but apparently I either do not possess the confidence or possess too much self-awareness today for that to happen

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I'm really curious as to why the crash occurred at the same point in the game. When it switched from the menu to actually load the game. What goes on behind the scenes at that point which would cause the system to stop detecting the video card?

Seems a bit too coincidental for it to happen twice in a row at the same point.

Your video card needed more power to load in art/graphics/assets and it drew from the PSU, which promptly caused it to arc on those bottom PCIe connectors and killed your video card since it was not promptly snug in the PCIe slot.

Which completely explains the marks on it.

steam_sig.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I am working slowly today because it is telework day thanks to the heat.

Getting some stuff done but not a tone.

Also watching a streamer play some NMS.

The floating pieces of rocks that sometimes happen when mining makes me laugh.

Like seriously dudes?

u7stthr17eud.png
    Neco wrote: »
    I DO covet those, SiG! Those are rad!

Most expensive shoe purchase ever

Worth

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    J6S68iW.jpg

For when you need to walk through rivers and muck... in style.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Ty @ Bowen

I'm just going to take the whole thing apart when I have the time and see if I can come up with something stable.

steam_sig.png
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell

/teeters sexily

It's just that you're more likely to have back issues. Of course it depends on your body and build, etc.

Personally I thank zeus every day for my smallies.

That makes sense, I guess similar to how flat feet are not always directly causal for my back shit but definitely influence how I move and make it more likely I'll get issues if I don't spend time avoiding it.

Also I think I like that "smallies" can be applied across a range of physical features and it still works.

"I gotta say they get in the way sometimes, but I'm thankful for my smallies".

"I know they don't do that much to help with my balance, but my smallies are really cute."

"They're not doing the hard work of gripping things, but I think my smallies are the ones I like the best!"

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    learned helplessness about technology in otherwise intelligent adults is frustrating

like some of these people literally won't even read the screen in front of them because it's a screen they haven't seen before so it might as well be sorcery

override367 on
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

/teeters sexily

I've definitely heard that from people with large breasts. I have a distant friend who's been trying to get her insurance to pay for a reduction surgery for years. First it was that they wouldn't until she lost 15lbs.... then it was until she lost a total of 20... now it's until she loses another 5... basically I think they won't do it unless she stops looking "fat" because they somehow blame that for the boob size even though it's not like they've been shrinking as she has, and she lifts and sings professionally so I don't think it's a strength issue. She has sever back pain from them and nobody but her immediate family and friends (and her GP) seems to take her seriously about it.

I know other people for whom it isn't such a serious problem, but it still definitely effects them

I'm glad my breasts are on the small side of the large half of the graph because I really do not want to deal with that

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I had an ex-gf who was upset with her Bs

I'm not entirely sure why she was upset, I guess societal standards that women should have big knockers or something?

I wasn't upset with them anyways.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    i am going to a cloud study class tomorrow

my friend was gonna come but he is a dumb and didn't sign up

but 2 other ppl i know are going tho

i like clouds

poo
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Hav you tried jsut being less short?

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I had an ex-gf who was upset with her Bs

I'm not entirely sure why she was upset, I guess societal standards that women should have big knockers or something?

I wasn't upset with them anyways.
    I thought you were talking about grades for a second.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    this is like

It turns out they are just kinda hard to wear and people who can't hack it are angry and bitter that they are missing out on free extra fake height (which is universally coveted by both sexes, or else cowboy boots wouldn't exist).

This discussion has been closed.