As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] World. PS4 Beta on 12/9. Welcome new Hunters!

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Now if we could just get MH Stores over here.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    ugh, ive been doing the arena missions when i have time, and thought i had done all of them, but there is another one to kill 2 dromes. I havent done the hub cat quests to unlock it yet, so i have to do those 3 quests. I hate playing as a cat, and now it's making me play more if it. At least most of the other ones were really easy to A rank.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    The jewelled GS (final boss) in action with some sweet Valfalk times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnIOWBhi5v0&app=desktop

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Now if we could just get MH Stores over here.

i am seriously consdering dropping cash on a jpn 3ds for early XX and to play Mh Stories (which didnt seem to do well enough to bring over)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Been out of the loop. Status of XX coming to the states yet?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Who knows

• Options

nada

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

nada

North America December Announced? Awesome!
    :razz:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    I have a feeling itll be announced around e3 for either a summer release or oct/nov

but who knows tbh

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    i wish XX was already here so i could at least do the charm roulette thing while i'm also charm farming... ive done pretty much nothing but coal hearted since i finished A ranking all the arena quests, and don't really have jack to show for it. I dont really mind farming for charms, but honestly some of the bad ones should just be removed from the game. getting +1 to something with zero slots or two skills that work with completely different weapons is infuriating. Trying to get this normal up 3 slot is going to be the death of me.

• Options
    99% sure sakura method was removed from XX

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    charms are by far no question the worst part of monster hunter and i wish wish wish they would be made to not be random trash garbage in some game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I really dont need sakura method, i just did volcano gathering tours in 3u and the guild missions were like the only way to get top tier ones in 4u. I just dont feel like its necessary for me to hit the zenny limit and not have the charm i want...

• Options
    Really I find them holding back MH stories from NA/Europe silly because it's a poor seller in Japan but it maybe a bigger hit here than Japan as stranger things have happened

• Options
    I think i really just want the mh stories amiibo lol. But the cost to localize it will probably keep it from being released on the 3ds. Who knows, maybe they will release it for the switch though.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I think i really just want the mh stories amiibo lol.

So import them? You can find them on ebay for approximately retail. I got my Megaman and Shiek amiibos this way.

Looking at them now I am seriously tempted by the Barioth rider...

In fact, just ordered it. $17.50 w/free shipping. Should be a nice surprise at the end of April.

• Options
    Play asia wants like 300 bones for a jpn n3ds

maybe ill check ebay

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I got mine for $50 on ebay so it's worth looking
    It did not have plates so it was really annoying to wait 6 more weeks to get plates for it

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    charms are by far no question the worst part of monster hunter and i wish wish wish they would be made to not be random trash garbage in some game.

I'm wondering if it would make sense to just have charms be crafted like other equipment.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    It did not have plates so it was really annoying to wait 6 more weeks to get plates for it

dude link me up in PMS

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

That's the Desire Sensor in action.

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    The jewelled GS (final boss) in action with some sweet Valfalk times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnIOWBhi5v0&app=desktop

Looks like they decided to get some more use out of that skeleton. I don't mind.

• Options
    it looks like a really fun monster to fight

and

that head is excellent for sheath sniping

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    God i hate everything about GS. Its just that the playstyle isnt interesting to me. I made a set for it in 4u because it was the easiest way to kill rajang and break his horns, but thought it was super boring. Doing the arena quests last week had me use it a couple times because i just have zero experience with some of the other weapons. Its certainly effective, i just cant get into it.

• Options
    Its also

the best

im gonna try to make make a crit draw punish draw focus set to get all striker GS like that vid

i love lions maw

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Personally i like the feel of just unloading with bowguns. Recently ive even taken a liking to bows. The IG in gen just seems off. The buffs last so little time that i feel like i spend more time getting them than actually attacking. I do like the safety net of the blademaster armor, but most of the melee weapons just seem cumbersome. In regards to melee weapons I really only have experience with LS from 3u, IG and CB from 4u, and a small amount of GS.

• Options
    melee fo lyfe

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I've spent the evening just flipping through the manual and the guide in Toukiden 2's demo. Not bad, there's vidyagames here. Like ten gauges. Somehow missed that there's a summoner-style when I tried the first game, don't know if it's new.

• Options
    I hate all armor that requires tails to craft, especially gunner armor. Always a pain to get them.

• Options
    I've been playing through Monster Hunter 4U again lately, and I've reached the start of high rank singleplayer.

I need lightcrystals for an upgrade, so I decided to try out the Conga/Gyp dual hunt. I used food to get Explorer, and managed to dig up a lightcrystal from the secret area.

The Gypceros stole it.

• Options
    Well yeah, when monsters steal items they 100% of the time take the last thing you want stolen.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I've had Gypceros collectively steal dozens of pitfall traps and zero paralyze traps. I swear, they KNOW.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wow, got into a Devil Jho room because I needed a couple of tails. We had a horn user with the teostra horn that buffed the hell out of us. I dont think Ive ever seen a group destroy a DJ so fast. I stuck around for a few kills and got some extra tails for my trouble. It made me want to mess around with the horn, because it was like godmode. I still havent got a charm that works for my sets though :(

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Anyone willing to throw a discord invite my way? Trying to get back into gen with Frawrst's encouragement

Grape Ape on
  • Options
  • Options
    Omg... i finally get a +5 fast charge 3 slot for my bow set, it has loading -3. There is no god

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Omg... i finally get a +5 fast charge 3 slot for my bow set, it has loading -3. There is no god

man =[

i have a +4 3 slot

i need that +5 =[

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I did manage an ammo saver +5 with 3 slots last night. it probably wouldnt be so annoying if more of the timeworn charms turned into the red ones on the appraise screen. As it is now ill have like 3 rows of them and 90% turn into blues which dont seem to be able to have 3 slots.

• Options
    46A18C46-CAD4-4621-8D2F-E85BD56C3861_zpsqsf3los6.jpg

J3qcnBP.png