As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mobius FF] The Other, Other F2P Final Fantasy Mobile Game

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    That's an awesome lineup.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Having an x1.2 multiplier for Fusion success and an "Exploration Ruin bonus double up", whatever that is, and double recovery from Elixirs (huhwhat) and increased chance to unlock Extra Skills on cards, all on one day, three times a month... that's pretty awesome.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, I think what that is trying to say is x2 seeds in exploration, x2 your max stamina from elixirs. I'm glad there is so much new content coming, this content is getting a bit boring.

Are you guys maxing one of each ifrit just in case?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    farming MP is so boring.

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Would I be best served to farm up aerith the or vanille?

I'm leaning towards aerith first.

@Rius where is the dream? I need water seeds.

In the exploration area, basically the last stage before the final stage. Hallway 11, or something? 8 stamina for 6 levels, 5th fight is the water turtle, 6th fight the golem.

It might be more efficient to run the earlier area in that loop that's only 6 stamina, but I appreciate draining my energy bar faster.

edited September 2016
    Ok, I'm not strong enough for hard mode there, so I'm following the red dragon around. Managing 200k scores auto

My ice abilities are only lvl 3 though. Working on them

Feldorn on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I feel like the content is being released at a really nice pace. You don't need to grind any mode all day every day to get most of the value out of it.

It gets tedious when I start doing future grinding, like getting extra skillup mats in case I'm gonna augment the FFRK cards. But just getting the first set isn't too bad.
    I farmed out all 3 Ifrit cards to 6 ability, partially because it was a much more interesting fight than Tyro so it was more fun. Tyro is a snoozefest though.
    Also no Growstars needed for the 9999 break is really great for f2p like me.

Having some time to max out my other job classes is nice too, just need a metric ton of fire orbs to max out my thief now, but I managed to get through my Warrior and Ranger(really can't wait for that panel 5-8 upgrade).

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: Β»
    In the exploration area, basically the last stage before the final stage. Hallway 11, or something? 8 stamina for 6 levels, 5th fight is the water turtle, 6th fight the golem.

It might be more efficient to run the earlier area in that loop that's only 6 stamina, but I appreciate draining my energy bar faster.

I can't get over 250,000. Weird.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: Β»

What's yout set up? I do 600-900k normally.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Is the Ifrit you all are talking about the one you buy from the Moogle for claws or whatever it is?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Yes

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: Β»

Are you on Hard Mode?

38thDoE on steam

I am not.

Thief, level 90 something. Fire, earth and wind ST cards and Hades. On my third panel for skills.

Got to 400k before the golem outlasted me.

Yeah, you just need to upgrade some more panels.

Seems like it's gonna take forever considering the cost vs seed drop ratio.

Honestly, I used five Silver openers for the 4th panel of Hunter and I'm going to do the same for Black Mage. Got em with purchased Magicite, but you have enough extra Magicite even as F2P to get em.

Still takes a ton of seeds, and you can't use a silver opener on the last weapon so I usually just grind that 60k. The Exploration Area is a godsend.

Getting your first job to 4 panel definitely takes some time, gets a little better in the future. You can just try to tailor your cards to the wind and fire seeds you need and make sure you have the skillseeds maxed on them. Fire Pupus are really great for you to farm with if you have them.

Though I think i get a large amount of seeds from MP nowadays.

Honestly, I used five Silver openers for the 4th panel of Hunter and I'm going to do the same for Black Mage. Got em with purchased Magicite, but you have enough extra Magicite even as F2P to get em.

Still takes a ton of seeds, and you can't use a silver opener on the last weapon so I usually just grind that 60k. The Exploration Area is a godsend.

Saving up for that box but I'll keep the openers in mind.

I wouldn't waste magicite on openers personally. Save it for extra job pulls or buying grow stars which are your limited items. Seeds only get easier and easier to get. Aside from the mΓΆbius day bonus apparently each new exploration zone has a higher bonus.

38thDoE on steam

I have like 3 bronze ones, though.

Also don't forget you need magicite/tickets for event card packs. Like the FFRK ones right now are going to be strong for a long time.

Bronze openers are not a big deal, just pop them whenever on 3rd panel.

Should I have spent tickets on the event rather than a new job?

Hard to say, depends if you liked your first job since the packs have cards or certain jobs, like vanille for mage in pack 1 and jecht for warriors in pack 2. They're not a necessity, just really nice to have.

I'm skipping them in favor of more jobs down the line. Its all preference. The pictologica cards coming next month actually look weak so that's one thing off the list.

38thDoE on steam

The brave/boost support card looks decent

So, feeling salty about my job pulls I decided I was too impatient to wait to see if we get the job ticket from that twitter event at the end of the month.
    Did a 5 ticket, 500 magicite job pull(for my 5th job) and got White Mage! Whoo exactly what I wanted. Now time to augment Aerith/Tifa!

In case anyone is wondering, the bosses on the last stage of Chaos Vortex are fixed,
    Cockatrice, Adamanterrapin, Some Lich, ???

38thDoE on steam

Finished off BLM's 4th panel and unlocked Archmage, am now at 0 magicite with 16 days left on my current gift box. Gonna hafta buy some Magicite in two weeks =)

I also spent 2 of my 3 growstars on Goblin King and finished him out at 8/8 with my remaining banked Adamanterrapins. A comparison of level 138 Hunter vs 138 Archmage shows that Hunter has more Attack and Break (as expected) but Archmage has over 200% more Magic, making Archmage's cards do double the damage that Hunter's does. That's pretty insane.

So I have a question regarding summoning cards. When I click on the "buy" button it shows that I have to use up both summon tickets and magicite which I'm guessing is because it takes 6 tickets to pull cards and I only have 4? After seeing some of these FFRK cards I sorta want to pull and grab them before they're gone (and so I can buff them up with the MP event)... but I'm really on the fence here and was hoping to get some opinions on them before I actually waste summon cards on them.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: Β»
    So I have a question regarding summoning cards. When I click on the "buy" button it shows that I have to use up both summon tickets and magicite which I'm guessing is because it takes 6 tickets to pull cards and I only have 4?
    Yes
    After seeing some of these FFRK cards I sorta want to pull and grab them before they're gone (and so I can buff them up with the MP event)... but I'm really on the fence here and was hoping to get some opinions on them before I actually waste summon cards on them.

They aren't nearly as attractive now as they were pre Sep 13 when you got them for half price.
    Before you could get both batches for a job summon. Now its two job summons worth. Not worth it to me. You can get the Tyro card from the multiplayer shop now, and the scroll card 4 warriors of light is pretty good for a breaker. In chapter 3 we are getting the best single player haste card apparently. I'm not buying them at this point. On the other hand the attack cards are pretty powerful for some time to come.

38thDoE on steam

The four Taunt cards (two per pack) are only good if you've got a Defender class for MP and no other roles. The attack cards (Ice for Mages in pack 1, Ice for Warriors in pack 2) are strong, especially at 4*, but they have basically zero Break Power so you're more likely to use them in multiplayer also.

The buff cards (Hearts for Faith + Haste in the first pack, Wind for Boost + Haste in the second pack) are pretty good, though not irreplaceable. The Tyro card can be gotten for Tyro mats from MP drops.

All in all, they're good cards but mostly situational and definitely not uniquely useful. I'm sure we'll get more Taunt cards at some point, and we'll definitely get more multi-buff cards in the future.

edited September 2016
    I was thinking that the attacker cards could help my poor dark knight who I have left to keep leveling my hunter.

Ok this is sort of funny... I went to go look at my job classes I have and discovered I have a Knight. Never noticed that before and now feel silly leveling my DK over that.

Edit: Sorry forgot to say thanks for answering my questions.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah, just max out the knight, put the game on hard and click auto and game is won apparently.

38thDoE on steam

Knight is that strong?

People were pushing to the top ranks of the last Battle Tower by stacking resistance and healing and just auto-attacking forever. If they ever implemented a time limit for single player fights the class would be much less relevant.

edited September 2016
    The four Taunt cards (two per pack) are only good if you've got a Defender class for MP and no other roles. The attack cards (Ice for Mages in pack 1, Ice for Warriors in pack 2) are strong, especially at 4*, but they have basically zero Break Power so you're more likely to use them in multiplayer also.

The buff cards (Hearts for Faith + Haste in the first pack, Wind for Boost + Haste in the second pack) are pretty good, though not irreplaceable. The Tyro card can be gotten for Tyro mats from MP drops.

All in all, they're good cards but mostly situational and definitely not uniquely useful. I'm sure we'll get more Taunt cards at some point, and we'll definitely get more multi-buff cards in the future.

The 4 taunt cards are fine to use on any maxed class right now. They do good break damage, have great seeds and dispel an enemy buff. The damage is inconsequential in Tyro but could be a little trouble in Ifrit if you don't have a strong team.
    Also, they're pretty nice to stack in SP for farming those elements. But there will definitely be more coming out.

The Faith/Haste buff is unique in japan and still recommended in some WHM and BLM loadouts(not sure you can trust altema for that though). But it can also be replaced later with 2 triple buffs cards, Knights of the Round(7)(brave, boost, faith) and Naru(12)(haste, crit, drain). I think those two are much later though.

I wish I had the tickets/magicite when the tickets were on sale so I could have gotten the second pack as well.

Elementalor on
  • FlairWolfFlairWolf Registered User regular
    I just got enough magicite for my first gift box ... are the FFRK cards worth the cost? I know they are a limited time thing, so I will get them instead of the box if it's a good idea. Thoughts?