As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior Online] The fix for that Stompy Bot craving.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Everyone let Viking_Lass on Twitter know how much we like the Oosik emblem cameo

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yo I bought Resistance 1 pack...

and the Enforcers aren't as great as I thought they'd be. Great hitboxes let down by disappointing, Black-Knight-like hardpoint mounts. Probably a great brawler, but the long-mid range stuff comes up real short against Clan-style weapons.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

and the Enforcers aren't as great as I thought they'd be. Great hitboxes let down by disappointing, Black-Knight-like hardpoint mounts. Probably a great brawler, but the long-mid range stuff comes up real short against Clan-style weapons.

Triple large laser or triple LPL is pretty good at range.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

I can not begin to tell you just how horribly wrong you are.

Every enforcer is a power house in its own right, has great hitboxes that make it very XL safe, and its hardpoints let it take on a variety of roles.

ENF-4R 3xLL 2xML 250XL 3xJJ is my prime time Enforcer. This is very much an energy sniper, I run it with MLas range and LLas cooldown modules, 3 jumpjets let you get on top of anything and rain death upon those who dare sully your good name.

ENF-5D 1xAC10 3xML xl300 1xJJ A nasty little piece of work, It can do work at close range but you generally want to stay at the far edge of your Mlas range and be a close in support mech, AC10 Cooldown and Mlas Range modules open up your range bracket and increase your damage significantly. Elited with AC10 cooldown the AC10 can fire disgustingly fast. With good piloting this thing can take down even clan assaults one on one (disclaimer. Kodiak isn't a clan assault, its the physical embodiment of fuck you and thus not covered under the previous statement)

But if you want to be on the front line thick of things, well, then you want to bring big daddy hand cannon

ENF-4P 1xAC20 4xMlas 250XL This chassis doesn't have jump jets, then again you aren't going to be sniper coward shitball in this mech. This mech is about bringing the big boom and enemy doom. AC20 cooldown and Mlas cooldown for maximum DPS.

Enforcers are the best medium IS has. Even with the rescale its still a decent size (though far far less nice than it used to be), capable of hitting targets in many range brackets depending on build, and is overall just a completely superior centurion. Does everything the venerable centurion does, but in a smaller package with better backup weapon potential and longevity.

and I know what you're thinking.

"But Buttcleft, MechLord of my Dreams, you haven't mentioned the 5P, Clearly you think its shit then!"

Oh no, My son, no no no. I don't mention the 5P because there is no need to mention its magnificent majesty. Throw in dual UAC5, UAC5 Modules, and many tons of ammo, and you have a swift, nasty little shit that is fully capable of soloing direwolves in a face tank off. (I'm a shit pilot and even I've managed it, on multiple occasions)

Enforcers are love, life, liberty and the MechWarrior way. Embrace them and they will wrap their cold endosteel bones around you in a protective coffin that only grows stronger at the lamentations of the clans.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    There is some allure to the notion of a Centurion-like loadout that is not on a mech wider than a Marauder is long.

-

And my frothy love affair with the Arctic Cheetah continues. I am always happy when I roll damage such that I'm trotting around at 50% armor or lesss. A bit of timely flanking goes a long way, at that point. Now I understand why I'd sometimes see a Cheetah in a skirmish that just refuses to lie down and die.

My latest and greatest last mech standing blaze of glory saw me three kills. I cored another Cheetah, a King Crab, and an Ebon Jaguar before I got put down by their buddies.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I don't disagree with what's on paper, tbh. My main gripe atm is the EN4-P's left arm mounts feel disgustingly low, and I'm not a jump jets kind of guy. It feels like it has the same problems as the Black Knight. 3xLL is a killer combo and I'm really feeling it but the amount of time I spend scraping the ground with them in non-ideal terrain situations is frustrating as hell, and I feel like I'll come across the same problems in a non-brawling situation with the other variants.

Mostly my main gripe is that I currently feel I could achieve very similar ballistic and laser things with a Shadowhawk. I am warming up to it as a dedicated brawling platform, though, but I don't feel like its the all-rounder platform that it was hyped up to be lol

• Options
    I don't disagree with what's on paper, tbh. My main gripe atm is the EN4-P's left arm mounts feel disgustingly low, and I'm not a jump jets kind of guy. It feels like it has the same problems as the Black Knight. 3xLL is a killer combo and I'm really feeling it but the amount of time I spend scraping the ground with them in non-ideal terrain situations is frustrating as hell, and I feel like I'll come across the same problems in a non-brawling situation with the other variants.

Mostly my main gripe is that I currently feel I could achieve very similar ballistic and laser things with a Shadowhawk. I am warming up to it as a dedicated brawling platform, though, but I don't feel like its the all-rounder platform that it was hyped up to be lol

I think I can see words here, but all jumbled up like that..they just make no sense to my humble brain. :rotate:

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Wait... Did the Enforcer get up sized during the rescaleing?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    It looks to be the same size or taller than a Timberwolf. I noticed that last night as well.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Wait... Did the Enforcer get up sized during the rescaleing?

Yes, but its still the best medium mech IS has.

• Options
    6 kills 800 damage with dual UAC5s, can confirm.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    zBwC6Qq.jpg?1

Just threw this build together. 5 srm 4s + 3 MPLAS in a Goldenboy.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the only enforcer I really liked in the long run was the 4R

the rescale made it a little bigger, but not so much that it really matters

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    So I managed to get my KMDD on a Cyclopse and complete the event.

While I like that they tried to link the Mech the event is for to the event, doing so by painting a giant target on the people trying to do a learder board event is kinda mean.

Though I guess this gives the forum warriors a reason for why the Kodiak had much higher scores than the IS Assault.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    They don't need an excuse. The kodiak is simply that much stronger.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    The KDK-1 really is just an AS7-D but better in every way.

• Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »

And the KDK-3 is pretty much a King Crab, but better in every way. The fact they gave any of them quirks at launch is either pandering, or incompetence.

• Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »

And the KDK-3 is pretty much a King Crab, but better in every way. The fact they gave any of them quirks at launch is either pandering, or incompetence.

Why not both? Though it fits the over quirked at release, and eventual nerf*.

* - for various levels of nerf, especially if it is a clan mech.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    Well, the Cyclops tournament is over and puts the Slepnir(4.1k) and 10-Q(4k) as the standout variants operating somewhere around Stalker/Banshee/King Crab levels if you use the Epic Assault Event as a measure. The rest of the variants cap out around 3,200ish which is Highlander level. I'd probably attribute that to just lack of players, since I'm not sure how well the Cyclops packs sold, and the Hero variant has Meta-Mauler style hardpoints and a CBill bonus that was probably hard to turn down while grinding out points. However, both the S and Q have a 2k point gulf between the bottom and top, whereas the KDK-3 and other variants only had a 1300-1400 split between top and bottom performers, its likely the Cyclops is a less popular and less consistent mech.

It appears to be a solid IS Assault overall.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Today's saddest thing: Over riding a shut down and firing an alpha instead of a pair. My Cheetah popped a moment after I realised the depth of my mistake.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Today's saddest thing: Over riding a shut down and firing and alpha anyway. My Cheetah popped a moment after I realised the depth of my mistake.

That was not a mistake. It is the Oosik way.

In the immortal words of The B33f, "Only The B33f kills The B33f".

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Today's saddest thing: Over riding a shut down and firing and alpha anyway. My Cheetah popped a moment after I realised the depth of my mistake.

I wish my heroic saving of b33f ended up in a video.

• Options
    Today's saddest thing: Over riding a shut down and firing an alpha instead of a pair. My Cheetah popped a moment after I realised the depth of my mistake.

Eh, beats me in my fresh Battlemaster overriding shutdown to take a shot of opportunity on Boreal and immediately headshotting myself with heat at an irresponsible 102ish%. That PTS change needed to go live when they fixed Artillery Strikes.

Sometimes I think, "man I wish I could be playing MWO right now" and then I remember stuff like that, or my SRMs warping through an entire Dire Wolf and just immediately give up before I even get to my computer.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

Eh, beats me in my fresh Battlemaster overriding shutdown to take a shot of opportunity on Boreal and immediately headshotting myself with heat at an irresponsible 102ish%. That PTS change needed to go live when they fixed Artillery Strikes.

Sometimes I think, "man I wish I could be playing MWO right now" and then I remember stuff like that, or my SRMs warping through an entire Dire Wolf and just immediately give up before I even get to my computer.

Yea. I have no where near the enthusiasm i had 2 years ago. Now it's play a couple rounds very rarely and log off mostly unsatisfied. But those occasions where the rounds are good... By God it's some of the best moments in gaming.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

Yea. I have no where near the enthusiasm i had 2 years ago. Now it's play a couple rounds very rarely and log off mostly unsatisfied. But those occasions where the rounds are good... By God it's some of the best moments in gaming.

Very rarely do those moments exist without other oosiks involved.

• Options
    4f0UISO.jpg?1

My first time hitting four digits!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    4f0UISO.jpg?1

My first time hitting four digits!

Welcome to the 1k club.

• Options
    I am so pleased. It was a great match, too, not just a roll from start to finish.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I am so pleased. It was a great match, too, not just a roll from start to finish.

What mech did you hit it in?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I cashed my Arctic Cheetah winnings on a Hellbringer A, I figured that being used to the stupid stuff I can do with ecm would carry over.

Did it ever.

Slapped a UAC20 and some medium lasers on and went to work. This was game two with the thing. A slugfest on both sides, by the numbers.
    8PhWuJT.jpg

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I cashed my Arctic Cheetah winnings on a Hellbringer A, I figured that being used to the stupid stuff I can do with ecm would carry over.

Did it ever.

Slapped a UAC20 and some medium lasers on and went to work. This was game two with the thing.
    8PhWuJT.jpg

Hellbringers are certainly stronk.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I figured that a quick ecm heavy with a torso mounted UAC20 would be good, but I did not expect to club seals with it.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    hellbringer is one of my favorite heavies to drive; I like the cockpit, having a shield side is fun, etc

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »

Did someone invoke The B33f? 'Cause he dropped a new vid.

https://youtu.be/o6stxR2U5L8

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I love the B33F videos. They always make me laugh.

That is exactly what the FRR did the night I was on. We'd have a group of mediums clump up and run into their ranks. They (being the savage clanners that they are) started the famous "squirrel" formation and everybody would collapse on the mediums. The Long Tom would activate and decimate their ranks. Think the best we did was 6 of them with 4 of us.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Squirrel Formation! Gosh, that's just great.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

I hope that sells millions of copies, and lay the foundation for maybe getting another MechCommander game.

I love me some mech commanding.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    I've just come out of the caul of 3 consecutive 90-hour work weeks, when do we play megamek next?

fwKS7.png?1