As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Risk of Rain

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Risk of Rain

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Risk of Rain.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    kraughmarkraughmar Kingston, ONRegistered User regular
    Initially I was confused why this showed up now, since the game has been out for years already, but the April launch on PS4 must be the reason. RoR is one of my most played games since its release. It'd be great to see their reactions when they locate an artifact for the first time, or unlock a character.

• Options
    swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    Anytime I see the video length is over 16 minutes I get pretty pumped because it usually means the game hooked them pretty good. This one was fun!

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    swaylow wrote: »
    Anytime I see the video length is over 16 minutes I get pretty pumped because it usually means the game hooked them pretty good. This one was fun!

Or Jerry figured out a different way to mess up the timer. X)

• Options
    Bobart RobskyBobart Robsky Registered User regular
    C'mon boys you have guns but you're constantly running into the enemies instead of putting distance between you.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    ButterBeanButterBean Registered User regular
    I got this game in a HumbleBundle a few years back, and I've probably put more time into it than any other game in my library. Tons, tons, tons of fun. Gets hectic.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    C'mon boys you have guns but you're constantly running into the enemies instead of putting distance between you.

A lot of what they were doing confused me, until Jerry said "I thought I was you." I can see how these tiny identical characters would make it SUPER easy to get confused on a regular basis. It's kind of baffling to me how there's absolutely nothing to tell them apart. I guess they thought the problem would be solved as soon as you unlock other characters, but that seems kind of weak.

• Options
    ObstreperousObstreperous Registered User regular
    This game starts good and gets better. You just need to learn how it works (like don't stand on golems), get some new characters, unlock some stuff, etc. Even solo, it's a ton of fun.

• Options
    wizbizwizbiz Registered User new member
    First 15 is the Greatest Idea. Were there one of these, like, every day, I would love that. That whole scenario. Thank you.

• Options
    squidgetsquidget Registered User regular
    I wonder how they pick the games they play? This has been out for a bit but yeah, new to PSN.

"Work is the curse of the drinking class." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    It seems like Josh is the one in charge of providing them with the options - I'd bet he selects a good range of "I bet they'll love this" and "I bet they'll hate this" games to keep things even.

I'd really love to see this game Risk of Rain on XB1. Always down for more couch co-op options.

swaylow on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Josh is the king of PATV

• Options
    EmmetRyanEmmetRyan Registered User regular
    Wow looks awesome, love discovering games like this on First 15 :D

• Options
    squidgetsquidget Registered User regular
    sweet! I should send Josh some suggestions. ;)

Oh the fun that could be had.

"Work is the curse of the drinking class." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    DrogeistDrogeist Registered User regular

Very cool, thanks!