As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Feral Cats - Still ruining my backyard

2»

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    My suggestion would be to begin dumping the accumulated feces into your neighbours backyard and if she complains point out to her that you are done dealing with her zoo.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    I would go back and try the Critter Ridder again, the hot peppers in it can't physically hurt any animals, but will make it unpleasant enough to scare em away.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So, I went back and cleaned the backyard area up again today. I used the spray version of Critter Ridder instead of the powder. I sprayed the stairs but I just didn't have it in me to shovel/sweep the stairwell out. In any event, while I was shoveling the reason why dumping the feces into my neighbor's backyard is a terrible idea happened: my neighbor heard the noise and came to her window.

She asked me about the spray I was using. I... don't know if she saw me spray at one of the cats as it started to sneak towards me. But yeah, I mentioned I was just cleaning the poop out and she for some reason mentioned that she takes care of the cats and takes the kittens to the SPCA, etc. So, she likely does the "community cats" thing.

In any case, I'll see how the liquid fares in the alley and side.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I call bullshit on her doing anything with the SPCA. At this point, just don't bother engaging with her and try to take care of your own property. Don't dump anything into her property - just dispose of it like anything else (if you have a compost bin, even better) and try to protect your own property.

I don't know how helpful this information is for you, but in some places it is actually illegal to feed stray/feral cats. I'm the kind of person who would absolutely not give a shit on calling my neighbor out on something like this and getting the authorities involved, especially since dealing with angry stares or other passive-aggressive behavior is miles better than having to literally deal with actual piles of shit. But maybe that's just me.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    As someone who has been dealing with goddamn squirrel nests under my grill because crazy neighbor decided to start feeding them, I agree!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    It's not illegal to feed feral cats here; they're referred to as "community cats," and there are programs to help manage them. If you are old and/or low income, you get access to those services for cheaper too. The only way that the humane services would get involved in an ordinance-type capacity would be if the environment that she generated by feeding the cats was unsanitary/unsafe. For her part, since she feeds the cats on plates and removes said plates whenever they're done eating, she's fine as far as that goes.

Given my observations and hearing of her feeding the cats, it's more likely that such a thing is true than not.

It's going to rain tomorrow though so all that spraying may have been for naught. :\

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”