As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] BY FIRE BE PURGED

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    anyone gonna mention how johanna topped her team in hero damage?

my guess is one person can only win one award so li-ming got the kills one and alarak got the siege one which left jo to get the last one

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Go to Hotslogs, sort your heroes by win percentage and post your top 5

My results honestly surprised me -- I did not expect Raynor and Murky to be up there as high as they are. Or Gall, for that matter, since I never play CG. But if I had to guess I'd say that comes down to @Dibby being a legit Cho more than anything I'm doing as his hat.

14066430_10154589432545864_149532894017243569_o.jpg

milk ducks on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    jqaNSf1.png

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Okay so mine is pretty weird tho

u8NpOyR.png

Cho and Tyrael I totally get, right. I'm Best Cho NA afterall, and Tyrael's my boy. But then, Brightwing/Rehgar/Malf???

I played a bunch of BW back before her initial nerfs (removal of Gust of Healing), played a whole shitton of Rehgar after his buffs/talent rework. And then I guess I just GOT LUCKY with the 6 games of Malf I played.

So that's the weird thing, I don't play Support. It's not that I can't, it's just that it's not my preferred role. Which is why it's weird, because apparently I'm pretty good at Support?

But anyway, below Tyrael is Leoric, Li Li, Arthas, Tyrande, and then MY BOY THE BUTCHER. Noticing a trend here maybe.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited August 2016
    ehh unless you are uploading all your games those are not going to be correct. I know mine aren't, I checked the 3 that I can see on my profile and they were all off

Jars on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Jars wrote: »
    ehh unless you are uploading all your games those are not going to be correct. I know mine aren't, I checked the 3 that I can see on my profile and they were all off

we've been uploading games to hotslogs for years now jars, I think we got it :P

also I suggest y'all set some standard for minimum sample size (for me ~20 seems to be the amount I've played my middling heroes so I chose that) so that the fact that you won 3 of your 5 games of gall doesn't soil the top 5

edit: actually is it multiple years or like one and a half? I forget

edit2: actually, now that I look at it, it seems to be missing a jaina game I won with some of y'all a few days ago. Resynched and it still didn't show up. Huh. Ah well, first time I've noticed a match not get uploaded (and jaina would be far out my top 5 anyway)

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Yeah, the small sample size on Gall for me throws off the list a bit, for sure. Just checked again, and my next highest is Johanna at level 9 with 62.1%.

Anyway, I just think it's interesting to check out my numbers because I learned that I'm a lot more effective on Murky and Raynor than I thought I was.

somehow free butcher week is even worse than guldan. they treat his charge as a "give enemy kill now" button

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    You really do have to sort those numbers by recency as well. Like, some heroes I haven't touched in months, and in that span of time they've been reworked significantly, not to mention all the surrounding meta shifts.

I'm also the kind of person who gets bored very quickly, so I will swap from hero to hero on a pretty consistent basis. It's what makes my hero pool really wide but also really shallow (20+ at over 50 games played). I have no doubt that I'd be at a much higher MMR if I bothered to stick to a smaller stable of some kind, but it's just not my idea of fun. Unless it's Murky. Because I'm always down for more Murky.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    You really do have to sort those numbers by recency as well. Like, some heroes I haven't touched in months, and in that span of time they've been reworked significantly, not to mention all the surrounding meta shifts.

I'm also the kind of person who gets bored very quickly, so I will swap from hero to hero on a pretty consistent basis. It's what makes my hero pool really wide but also really shallow (20+ at over 50 games played). I have no doubt that I'd be at a much higher MMR if I bothered to stick to a smaller stable of some kind, but it's just not my idea of fun. Unless it's Murky. Because I'm always down for more Murky.

How far back do the Hotslogs records go? Like, I know it doesn't have my entire history, I've uploaded more games than just what it has for sure.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    My top 5 heroes, in order, 20+ games played:

ETC
    Xul
    Nova
    Tychus
    Rexxar

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
    kime wrote: »

How far back do the Hotslogs records go? Like, I know it doesn't have my entire history, I've uploaded more games than just what it has for sure.

I think it varies depending on where you're looking. "hero overview" tab seemed to only have the past year, but on "my profile" it looked consistent with what I've seen before.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I won a towers of doom game 40-0. I have never done that before

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Also something else that's fun to look at, what's your winrate on your top 5 non-meta Heroes? Let's go with a margin of say, about 20 games and Heroes that you've played, yknow, somewhat recently (so that it's not skewed by you playing a Hero a whole bunch pre-nerfs or w/e).

So for me that looks like this:
    IRJ9Rmi.png

Which is pretty interesting, but also somewhat expected. Azmo's a bit of a surprise, I don't play him super often but I'm pretty good with him, I guess. Everything below Azmo was either all meta shit, stuff I hadn't played in forever, or awful winrates, so I guess that's the cut off.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited August 2016
    can you guys get on and play with me?

I just lost a game because we go in, take a fort with the dragon, I ping retreat like 3 separate times, hammer doesn't budge, we try and fight around her but of course things go tits up.

And this is at level 22 so they just push clear through a fort, a keep, and then the core.

EDIT: OH YEAH.

So like ten seconds into the game, four people show up bot and kill zag. They go up mid and kill Tyrande. I say "hey guys, watch out, they're ganking aggressively".

Hammer stands in the middle of the lane, I try and blizzard around her, we both die. Tyrande says "no duh they're ganking hard, mr. obvious"

and I'm just like "well hammer didn't notice nor did she heed my warning, so"

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    one panda to 10, 1.4m left to go on lili

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I think the announcements have brought people in or back. Cause my match quality has gone completely to shit these last 2 days or so.

Holy crap are so many of these people awful.

Just had a Tyrande as our solo healer who had 6k healing at like the 10 minute mark.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    We had a jaina last night who culminated a 20ish min game at 15k hero dmg.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Everyone posting those hotslogs stats made me curious. I don't upload there so I assumed the only USA account was mine.

427 games on anub'arak

Yup that's probably mine (57.9% win rate, most of my highest Winrate are heroes I have sub 10 games on)

WingedWeasel on
  • SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    it turns out that free butcher week is far worse than free murky week

Holy shit I was going to post this morning and ask what was up. Yes. Yes it is. I had 2 horrible games with butchers on my team. In one of them the Butcher's thought process was "See Enemy. Press E."

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
    edited August 2016
    It's prob better to sort by games played for the hero and see the winrates for those.

Basically, this is a more general statement of how your games go with your favourite heroes.
    I haven't picked up Diablo in months so I'm surprised he's so low.

I'm also surprised Aba is so low but then again, team mates -_-'
    58% Gazlowe is correct though. I need to raise that percentage now that he's semi back though.

rt7ksi3yy2e2.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    edited August 2016
    Oh also note that the passive range buff on Hammer was very noticeable yesterday.

Basically it allows better laning vs another hero in just poking them away from a lane.
    A quick cloak siege for the huge damage boost and the other hero has to go lick their wounds. Pop the minions once or twice and the wave is cleared, then unsiege to keep mobile. Rinse / repeat.

It almost forces 2 enemies to try and keep you off unless they have someone that can outrange / gank you.
    And if you get a quick second on their wall a fast siege and two pops do a lot of tower damage. You can do this from so far away at low levels now that it's a lot safer to do it.

Hammer is a much stronger early game laner now because of the range.
    Can't wait for more of her rework!!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Hammer seems almost oppressive in QM. She may need a nerf soon if the rework doesn't come soon.

edited August 2016
    jxjxljlcahlu.png

My top 5 by most played. What surprised me was that I've got 54 games with Malf at a 59% win rate... I haven't played him in forever... Those were probably from another time when he was better.

Supagoat on
    Anyway, looks like 3 price reductions next week.

Thrall, Uther and Tyrande all going down to 4k gold.

Almost certainly related to the free hero giveaway. So Uther is probably one of the 6 on that list too, along with Anub'arak, Tyrande and Thrall.

edited August 2016
    Supagoat wrote: »
    jxjxljlcahlu.png

My top 5 by most played. What surprised me was that I've got 54 games with Malf at a 59% win rate... I haven't played him in forever... Those were probably from another time when he was better.

Wow, your Nova and ETC stats are impressive with how many games you have on each.

Dibby's 66% on Tyrael with 100+ games is also legit sick.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    64.3% with Xul over 56 games, and 75% with LiLi over 16 games. Nova is 61.9% over 21 games. Not sure why it's not counting all my games with these guys, I've got all my games uploaded and it's set to "all days". Weird. I know Nova is my top played hero with 89 games, followed by Raynor and Illidan with 79 each from the in game stats tab.

Oh, and I average 10.6 deaths per game as Lunara, lol. God I'm bad at Lunara.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Literally 99% of my Nova games are from when she was OP with GP, and I just wanted to get her to 9. I don't think I've played a single game with her since. =P

I love playing Nova so I've played her all throughout my time.

I know you hate Nova, but playing her well is an exercise in patience, positioning, and map awareness. It's a lot of fun to wait for the prime opportunity to strike. And of course she punishes bad play, so that's fun, too. As much as I hate Nova mirror matches, they require immense discipline because the second nova to decloak can easily dispatch the first so you need to be really careful about when you attack.

I know you hate Nova, but playing her well is an exercise in patience, positioning, and map awareness. It's a lot of fun to wait for the prime opportunity to strike. And of course she punishes bad play, so that's fun, too. As much as I hate Nova mirror matches, they require immense discipline because the second nova to decloak can easily dispatch the first so you need to be really careful about when you attack.

Nova apologist.

Nova apologist.

Novapologist*

#notallnovas

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    This is my top 5 heroes with more than a few games played, and then the other ones just interspersed.
    GtD06Dx.jpg

Anub'arak and Tracer are the only ones I still play consistently. Murky is a sometimes food that I used to love, but with so many ultra high attack speed heroes, pufferfish is really hard to make work and when it does the game doesn't reward you enough vs the ease of chucking flamestrikes/arcane orbs.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    For those of you who thought Maelstrom Shells wouldn't help... Hammer has gone up 1.6% so far, with only around 3 days of data. (Meaning half of Friday and Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesday's data is still diluting her increase in win rate)

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    You can sort by last 7 days current build. Wherein Hammer is up 7.3% winrate and is the best hero in the game.

lol blizzard.

edit: (yes I know Zag is still better, same winrate except a scorching 75% popularity vs Hammer's 10%. but jokes)

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    I wouldn't be at all surprised by that. The combination of extra range and an extra talent at one of her most powerful tiers will do that. I was noticing this last night right away, which is why I mentioned earlier she may eat some nerfs very soon.

What I find is that she can just siege up now, especially after lvl 4, and you basically need a coordinated effort with a specific comp to dislodge her.

solo tassadar vs double support. cool, cool, nothing like losing right at the loading screen

Yeah I can't even use QM to practice anymore. I think I'm done with it.

we ran some dubs support games today, was fun. I bit people and fed as rhegar while @Toothy actually healed people as Auriel.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg