As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Ryders on the Tempest

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Truck!

I know!

Truck!

I know!

Head-On Collision!!

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »
    It still happens even if the earpiece is supposed to be hidden and they are trying to be surreptitious about being in communication with an outside entity. Oh i'm in disguise at this party while i'm casing the joint oh wait let me put my finger to my ear and talk under my breath that's not suspicious at all. It's audience shorthand to tell us that the character is talking to someone through a radio, but we already know that because we can hear the other person being talked to. It's dumb.

Yes thank you.

Also, when the spy agency is tailing somebody, and every single field agent, although dressed like random civilians, has one of those earsets with the curly cord going down into their collar.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I've always wanted one of those for kicks!

But then I saw how much a legit one costs and I was all like "naaaaaahhh"

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I have worn them before and wholly they are not comfortable to wear for any lengthy period.

My ear hurt after a good day of wearing it.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

First video of the andromeda initiative is up.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    paint jobs for the Nomad, you say?

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Durinia wrote: »
    paint jobs for the Nomad, you say?

Yeah I perked up at that. and the ones they showed were pretty cool.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Now we're talking! That has me more psyched for this game than any of the other reveal stuff yet. Can't wait to start exploring.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    "The Pathfinder's quarters, off-limit, unless invited of course."

In my head: "For fucking."

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Forar wrote: »
    "The Pathfinder's quarters, off-limit, unless invited of course."

In my head: "For fucking."

Some of us call it... The Love-nasium.

Shampagan?

Though to be truthful, yeah, I totally want to be a Captain Kirk Pathfinder and just pelvic thrust my way across the new galaxy.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Its just a dumb convention that continues and it shouldn't at all.

Nah I like people not looking like amoral psychopaths.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    There are sure a lot of windows (or viewscreens?) on that ship. Gonna be awkward if you're in there banging and some poor crewmate is out washing the windows. Also I hope the view changes a lot based on where you are.

LEGION GREATLY DISAPPROVES.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    There are sure a lot of windows (or viewscreens?) on that ship. Gonna be awkward if you're in there banging and some poor crewmate is out washing the windows. Also I hope the view changes a lot based on where you are.

Awkward? I think you mean AMAZING.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Also, yes.

I suppose that is one way to get an invitation.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That was an annoying voice in that clip, I hope that's not your salarian pilot.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »

I liked it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I cannot disagree enough with this statement.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Can we get a descendent of Khalisah al-Jilani in Andromeda somewhere... just so I can punch her in the face again?

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Can we get a descendent of Khalisah al-Jilani in Andromeda somewhere... just so I can punch her in the face again?

Why would it be a descendant, doesn't the game start soon after the human expeditions comes out of cryo sleep?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

I liked it.

My only complaint is that it isn't Joker. :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    I'm not a fan of switching classes on the fly because it means by default you're a biotic.

No.

I am noble. I am pure. I am soldier. Gene therapy only, no tech or eezo shall Sully me.

Your guns and shields are tech though. See also: your entire body past part 2.
    One of the things I liked in ME3 were some rather subtle nods of just how transhuman Shep had become. IIRC, you had a couple times where Shephard just heaved some incredibly heavy stuff out of the way, shoved open jammed doors, or shrugged off a big drop that you might not have really thought about at the time, but in hindsight, was way out of the range of standard human capabilities. Gogo all those Cerberus enhancements.

After Citadel, it dawned on me that...
    CloneShep spends pretty much the entire scenario fleeing from Shepard. CloneShep was, of course, a clone of human Shepard, but Shepard herself was by then a zombie cyborg death machine. CloneShep knew from the start that she was badly outmatched by the real thing, and her best plan was to hijack the Normandy and escape into the chaos of the Reaper invasion.

Anyway, my head canon is that Shep always did the Clark Kent thing outside of combat, just to avoid hurting her crew's feelings. She could have done an infinite number of pull-ups, but why crush Vega's ego?

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Strikor wrote: »

Awkward? I think you mean AMAZING.

If you look closely at the Pathfinder's cabin in that video, you'll note that the Tempest's long range communication console (i.e the equivalent to the thing on the Normandy that Shep used to talk to the Council and TIM) is right beside the bed.

Maybe Ryder will "accidentally" leave it on, so she can show the Andromeda Initiative's equivalent of the Council exactly how many fucks she gives.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I liked it.

My only complaint is that it isn't Joker. :P

One reason I'm glad new pilot is not only not human, but doesn't sound like joker at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of switching classes on the fly because it means by default you're a biotic.

No.

I am noble. I am pure. I am soldier. Gene therapy only, no tech or eezo shall Sully me.

Your guns and shields are tech though. See also: your entire body past part 2.
    One of the things I liked in ME3 were some rather subtle nods of just how transhuman Shep had become. IIRC, you had a couple times where Shephard just heaved some incredibly heavy stuff out of the way, shoved open jammed doors, or shrugged off a big drop that you might not have really thought about at the time, but in hindsight, was way out of the range of standard human capabilities. Gogo all those Cerberus enhancements.

After Citadel, it dawned on me that...
    CloneShep spends pretty much the entire scenario fleeing from Shepard. CloneShep was, of course, a clone of human Shepard, but Shepard herself was by then a zombie cyborg death machine. CloneShep knew from the start that she was badly outmatched by the real thing, and her best plan was to hijack the Normandy and escape into the chaos of the Reaper invasion.

Anyway, my head canon is that Shep always did the Clark Kent thing outside of combat, just to avoid hurting her crew's feelings. She could have done an infinite number of pull-ups, but why crush Vega's ego?

There's a mod for that!
    MassEffect3-2015-11-03-20-54-44-71_zpsdlkbyep8.png

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    He said clark kent not barely hiding it serial killer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Do all human ships get to have the Shepard VI installed?

butts
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

Why would it be a descendant, doesn't the game start soon after the human expeditions comes out of cryo sleep?

The Andromeda ships leave before the events of ME3. Khalisah is in ME3.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options

But how would she be a descendant if everyone is in cryo the whole time is the issue. To have a descendant there would have to be banging.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    He said clark kent not hipster.

Yeah that shepard wants to show me this free range tea shop he totally loves down by the whole foods.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

But how would she be a descendant if everyone is in cryo the whole time is the issue. To have a descendant there would have to be banging.

You don't have to be born on the trip to be a descendant. Khalisah could've had a son or daughter that goes on the trip.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Descendant normally means like further down the line than son or daughter. Ignoring that its a really gross thing to want.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    glimmungglimmung Registered User regular

She died horribly in a reaper attack if I remember correctly. Doing something mildly heroic, which made me feel bad.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    glimmung wrote: »

She died horribly in a reaper attack if I remember correctly. Doing something mildly heroic, which made me feel bad.

That was Emily Wong. Khalisah al-Jilani shows up in ME3.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    why crush Vega's ego?
    To see him driven before you.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Fuck Emily Wong was so great

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    She was the one that was actually on your side, right?

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    She could have done an infinite number of pull-ups, but why crush Vega's ego?
    Because you can fight like a Krogan

Run like a leopard

But you'll never be better

Than Commander Shepard
    Wz1XN.png

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Just have Emily Wong on board. She faked her death and peaced out of the Milky Way.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    Just have Emily Wong on board. She faked her death and peaced out of the Milky Way.

I love the idea of Emily Wong heading to Andromeda.

Fuck some promotional Twitter account, that shit ain't canon.