As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Netflix and chill thread (also other streaming services I suppose)

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Or Atlanta

Both are great

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Is Atlanta on any streaming services yet?

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I binge watched Santa Clarita Diet......... anyone interested should watch izombie instead. (I zombie is really good you guys, if campier)

It was ok, but I am done with netflix's thing of "have 25% filler, don't really have a full arc, end with a cliff hanger that may or may not get answered in 12 months+" I'm looking at you, Travelers.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I feel like they've got these enormous budgets for originals, but most of their fucking writing is.... mediocre at best.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I binge watched Santa Clarita Diet......... anyone interested should watch izombie instead. (I zombie is really good you guys, if campier)

It was ok, but I am done with netflix's thing of "have 25% filler, don't really have a full arc, end with a cliff hanger that may or may not get answered in 12 months+" I'm looking at you, Travelers.
    I thought the pacing on Travelers was mostly very good, unlike any other Netflix show I've watched, probably because it was originally developed for terrestrial TV.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    Coinage wrote: »

I thought the pacing on Travelers was mostly very good, unlike any other Netflix show I've watched, probably because it was originally developed for terrestrial TV.

Pacing was better than I let on I guess when I really think about it. Like I do want more. I was super confused when the season finale finished, thinking "thats really weird to do a midseason break in a netflix show. wait wheres the next episode?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Is Atlanta on any streaming services yet?

Oh right good point I don't think so

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I watching the first episode of Santa Clarita Diet right now, and I'm friggin loving it. Olyphant is incredible in this so far!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Aaaaand I just finished Santa Clarita. Very good show, lame finale.

Timothy Olyphant is the absolute best part of the show. His character and the reactions to the fucked up situations were so great.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Crazy Ex Girlfriend S2 just hit Netflix. It's still fun so far but I'm not liking the songs as much as last year.

Tapped that is awesome, though and definitely up to par.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Edit: wrong thred

override367 on
  • Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    Crazy Ex Girlfriend S2 just hit Netflix. It's still fun so far but I'm not liking the songs as much as last year.

Tapped that is awesome, though and definitely up to par.

Yeah, season 2 songs took a pretty serious dive in quality compared to season 1. The writing feels like it got better, though.

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    (Crazy ex-girlfriend)
    Greatest loss for season 2 is
    Losing Greg. He's my favourite character on the show

Still there was lot of great songs:

We tapped that ass
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBz8wobOaoc

Santa-ana winds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5XdQ5q2PIA

Greg's drinking song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuTYrcnm_i4

also bonus for heshers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24mhi4FaUX8

Can't wait for season 3!

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    That freaking Santa Anna song just gets randomly stuck in my head all the time

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Like a Santa Ana WiiiIIIIIIiiiIIIIIIiiiiiind?

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    For some reason, that Santa Ana Winds song fucking terrifies my kid. (she's like one and half)

I flip it on and she runs over to me and just yanks on my pants and whines like crazy well glancing nervously over her shoulder at the screen.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of disappointed that Longmire is not being renewed beyond this next season. This series Gomorrah was added recently and I'm digging it so far.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    I'm kind of disappointed that Longmire is not being renewed beyond this next season. This series Gomorrah was added recently and I'm digging it so far.

I really enjoyed Longmire until the most recent season when Walt went all bugfuck obsessed with Jacob Nighthorse.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

I kind of appreciated the Ed Sheeran spoof.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    it seems they fell into the trap of having to continually escalate the situation. it's sad because they had so far struck a fine balance between mystery and reveals.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The best part of Longmire is anything to do with the tribe.

The worst part of Longmire is Walt Longmire.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    When they revealed the solution to The Big Mystery and it was exactly what we all knew it was, and they took the tension out of his deputies because of it, that really ruined the show imo.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    The best part of Longmire is anything to do with the tribe.

The worst part of Longmire is Walt Longmire.

I like Walt Longmire, but yeah the most enjoyable part for me is when he's not at the center of the episode. I prefer to watch Henry, Jacob, Malachi, and rez issues. The revenge story was super interesting. But I think after they did that it would have been best to start focusing primarily on the rez.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    If you don't want to Netflix and chill, how about we Hulu and hang instead?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    crackle and spackle

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Youtube and lube?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Screen and scream

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I watched this Michael Bolton special but I really can't remember anything about it. He brandished a gun and there were some funny people like Maya Rudolph doing things, and then some not funny people like Sarah Silverman doing things, and Bob Saget was behind the phone for a telethon but this wasn't the Full House episode Our Very First Telethon. Bolton also seemed to always look like a deer in the headlights.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Prime and crime?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Crunchyroll and sad lonely masturbation

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    There has to be some hierarchy to this whole streaming innuendo thing:
    HBO NOW is like, super classy sex
    Netflix and chill is bad mistake sex
    Prime is like people trying to have time alone but wacky hijinks keep getting in the way like your boss is coming over for dinner and so are your parents but this is the only time you have alone
    Hulu is sort of on a lower level maybe you just get to third base
    Crackle is like second base at best, maybe Youtube is ahead of them
    Crunchyroll is tissue time

MEGA REKT HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYBODY! :heartbeat:

• Options
    Yahoo Screen doesn't even deserve a mention :(

I mean it shut down year ago, but I haven't noticed any difference in useage.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'd mention CraveTV but I don't want Bell to get the idea that it should still exist.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Crunchyroll and sad lonely masturbation

That'll make them cry like an anime fan on prom night. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I've been watching Voltron on Netflix, and when watching the 5 lion bots turn into 1 super robot... it looks like they are flying backwards pointing their butts at the robot during the transformation, and now all I have in my head is the image of how normal cats like to show their butts to people.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Looks like the studio behind Adventure Time is making a Costume Quest show for Amazon? I really enjoyed that game, so this could be interesting. Especially since my hype for Castlevania is kinda dwindling...

• Options
    Watched the first two episodes of Westworld on HBO. I know there's a thread here but first impression is it's good, I like the general through line of power corrupting the people who visit, it just really feels like it doesn't need to be so long. It feels like a Netflix show in that sense, long not because it warrants it, long just to show hey man, we're HBO, it's totes reflective of our mad skillz.

Really don't care about any of the humans who operate the park/fix the robots. That is the anchor on this show so far. But we'll see. It would be nice if the show sort of comes out and says it's a place for robot hookers, I mean come on, that seems to be main reason it exists.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    My only issue with Westworld is that there aren't more episodes.

Keep watching and you'll probably feel the same way.

emp123 on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've been watching Voltron on Netflix, and when watching the 5 lion bots turn into 1 super robot... it looks like they are flying backwards pointing their butts at the robot during the transformation, and now all I have in my head is the image of how normal cats like to show their butts to people.

Next time I watch I'm going to be staring at the lions looking for their puckered cat anus.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Watched the first two episodes of Westworld on HBO. I know there's a thread here but first impression is it's good, I like the general through line of power corrupting the people who visit, it just really feels like it doesn't need to be so long. It feels like a Netflix show in that sense, long not because it warrants it, long just to show hey man, we're HBO, it's totes reflective of our mad skillz.

Really don't care about any of the humans who operate the park/fix the robots. That is the anchor on this show so far. But we'll see. It would be nice if the show sort of comes out and says it's a place for robot hookers, I mean come on, that seems to be main reason it exists.

That's the entire basis of the park. Rich assholes shooting and fucking. Pretty sure they state that episode 1.

This discussion has been closed.