Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

11314151618

Posts

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke accepts the burner and dials through to his friend, letting them know the meet location was made.
    If I need a roll here, let me know.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 16
    "We were too loose discussing next steps. We have to start assuming that conversations aren't private. Too many sharp ears around, especially in Elysium. We'll meet you there soon." Bulldog said to Liz over the speakerphone.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "No, do what it is that you need to do.
    I can get a cab to get to you.
    I'll talk to someone here and see what I can find.
    We'll meet up some other time."

    Lizzy hangs up the phone before Bulldog can argue the point. She needed to talk to Sybil and she knew how to do it. Lizzy had the cap driver drop her off about a block from the RCMH. From there, Lizzy slipped into the alleyways behind the buildings and make her way to the alley that she and Sybil had talked when Sybil when for a smoke break. If Lizzy knew anything about smokers, she would come out, even out of habit, to enjoy the taste of nicotine. All Lizzy needed to do was wait. And keep an eye out for anything odd.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Hiding in the Alleyway

    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Keeping an Eye Out for Anything Off.

    Hiding in the Alleyway:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=3, 4, 2, [10, 1], 8, 1]
    Keeping an Eye Out for Anything:
    6d10o10h8 1 [6d10o10h8=1, 4, 9, 5, 2, 2]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @Ardent
    The phone rings twice, then goes to a generic voicemail recording.


    It doesn't take long to figure out that the bayfront is a popular destination, as two police cars with their lights off are headed in the same area, not to mention that the radio alert is met with an eventual response from nearby officers who plan on investigating.


    @Grunt's Ghosts
    Sure enough, you eventually catch sight of the former Harpy nursing what's left of a cigarette before flicking it off into the street. "Fucking rats." Judging by her tone, she's almost certainly speaking in the metaphorical sense. "You're god damned right you fucked up. I'd love to know how you're going to fix it." There's an unusual pause between her remarks, though it's unclear whether she's talking to someone who isn't there, or possibly someone who is.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke tosses the burner back to Danny.

    "Unsurprisingly, no dice on the phone call. We'll have to convince the police to leave."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy pulls on her vampiric powers to Heighten her Senses, to see if she can hear what Sybil is hearing...
    Using Auspex 1 power "Heighten Senses" to listen in on the conversation, if possible, since I doubt that there is a Nos talking to her right there that Lizzy would be able to pierce the veil of Obfuscate on.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    You pick up on an unpleasant muttering from the darkness in reply. "One step at a time, sweetheart. Don't lose your pretty little head. We have bigger problems than your petty ass political shitstorm." "And I give a damn." The woman lights up another cigarette. "Stop stirring shit up and start making some progress, or you'll wish that thing had eaten you all."

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "I got an idea. We need to get the cops to respond to a bigger threat. Something more serious that a gun buy. Far enough away that they have to leave, but close enough that the cops near us are the ones to go. Maybe one of you call in an anonymous tip about seeing someone waving around a gun nearby, or threatening suicide?" Bulldog said, watching the cop cars roll by.

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Well I was going to get rid of this phone anyway." Danny holds up the phone he had shared with Deke. "We planning on giving them a show or would we benefit from playing up their innate distrust of unfamiliar races and religions?

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    "I was thinking a tip about a shooter from one of our better actors here might be enough for the cops to go without exposing any of us." Bulldog said.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Absolutely. Phone's available if someone more skilled at lying than I wants to give it a shot."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    After a few moments, a bored officer comes over the radio. "Dispatch, this is Unit 482. Bayfront appears clear, over. Will keep an eye out for a few minutes then we're resuming patrol."
    "Ten-four."

    @Grunt's Ghosts
    "You know better than to rush me. Keep your head down until the hail goes away, or you might get it snapped off. And don't you know that shit will get you killed?" There's a guttural snickering, before the low voice trails off, leaving the woman alone with her cigarette.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex had been about to dial to make the fake report when the radio kicked up. He frowned, "I'm not the only one who finds the suspicious right?" Something felt off that there would be concern and then suddenly the patrol would give up that easily. "I still would recommend that we be careful here."

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    "Our contact this evening is police," Deke says by way of warning, adjusting his tie. "If we have unexpected guests, the Braithwaite Group is exploring a new development."

    "But we should not reveal our whole hand here," he concedes. "It seems there were too many prying ears who think their interests supersede the Regentia's."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "The timing of all of this sucks. Anyone could be setting us up, or everyone. We need to know what's going on, but going deeper is more likely to get us dead. Let's see if the appointment will be kept, but let's be careful, alright?"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Yeah, once the cops leave the bayfront, we'll head to the meet. We'll just have to be prepared for trouble." Bulldog said. "Not much we can figure out without more info."

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Once it seems like the invisible guest has left, Lizzy appears and types out a quick message on her phone, but doesn't send it to anyone.

    "We need to talk somewhere private."

    She walks over Sybil and shows her the message, waiting for a response.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "A couple of us approach on foot while the rest monitor the perimeter? Y'know, assuming the whole thing isn't already blown completely to hell." Danny glances out the window. "Be good if our ride was close by for a quick getaway, but it wouldn't be very stealthy."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Dispatch, no sign of trouble here, moving on. Over."

    It doesn't take much longer after that for Deke's phone to ring.

    @Grunt's Ghosts
    Sybil appears surprised for a moment at the message, then stares at you as if trying to gauge your intentions. "I hope that this conversation entails someone minding their own business."

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    "Sounds good Danny. Up to you who joins you Deke, you know your contact best."

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    "I think you and I should be visible, Bulldog. Danny and Max can watch the perimeter. Alex, you're the wheelman," Deke says, looking around the SUV's interior. "Anyone uncomfortable with that?" He pulls his phone out, but doesn't answer immediately in case someone does object.

    But he does answer before it goes to the fifth ring. "This is Deke."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy had a brief flashback to Seattle, in a dark alleyway just like this, with another vampire, both unsure about the other's intentions, motives, and worst of all, loyalties. One wrong word and you might be dealing with a raging Brujah or a spy for the Prince. Since she was now talking to the Prince's right hand woman, Lizzy kinda wished for a hungry Brujah on a bad day. At least she knew how to deal with that.

    "We both know what I heard would, at least, cast doubt on your loyalty in the Prince's mind tonight.
    However, you also knew I would be sympathetic to your plight.
    'Your Prince', that is what you said to me the other night in this alleyway
    And just like that, I saw the Prince's castle crack as clear as day.
    Not 'Ours' but 'Yours', the first time I saw the mask of yours dip.
    But I think you are smarter than to just drop such a Freudian slip.
    So we need to speak where there are less eyes and ears around
    Somewhere where our words wouldn't be repeated to those with ears in the ground."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    Bulldog nods. "Alex, give Danny the revolver. Max should still have my Glock and that shotgun."
    I'm assuming we all still have the weapons from before plus the shotgun from the goon at the club.

    The idea is that eveyone out of the SUV is armed with concealable guns except Alex. I'm assuming Max and Deke are wearing coats big enough to conceal their weapons.


    Here's the new list of weapons assuming folks trade as I indicated.

    Kevlar vest - rating 1/2 - Bulldog & Liz & Alex & Deke
    Handcuffs- Bulldog & Liz
    Bulldog's knives (2) - 1(L), size 1 - Bulldog & Danny
    Bulldog's Hvy Pistol - 3, size 1 - Bulldog
    Bulldog's Axe - 3(L) 9again, size 3 - Bulldog (left in duffel bag)
    Scoped Rifle - 5, size 3 - Alex
    Liz's bat - 2(B), size 2 - Liz
    Silenced Beretta - 2, size 1 - Liz
    Switchblade - 1(L), size 1 - Liz
    Hvy Revolver - 3, size 1 - Danny
    Bulldog's Lt Pistol - 2, size 1 - Max
    submachine gun - 3, size 2 - Deke
    telephoto camera and directional microphone - Max
    Shotgun - 4 9again, size 2- Max
    Stakes - 1(L) size 1 - Bulldog, Danny, Liz

    Updated stats based on V:tR
    Size 1 can be hidden in your hand
    Size 2 can be hidden in a coat
    Size 3 can't be hidden

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    Alex hands over the revolver with one hand as he drives with the other. "Fine, but be careful." He places extra emphasis on those words. What he leaves unsaid is that this is still a giant mess and something is still not right. They don't have many options, though, so he really doesn't have an alternative to suggest as an objection.

    AustinP0027 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @Ardent
    "If you got a good explanation for what brought the heat on, I'd love to hear it." It's your contact, not sounding very pleased.

    @Grunt's Ghosts
    "...If you know of a place, I'm listening. If you're trying to play me, this will be the last night you ever witness, on that you can rely."

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy hands Sybil one of her business cards, which has the address to her workplace on it.

    "My office since I check it often for bugs and stuff.
    I wouldn't try to play you, my status isn't quite up enough.
    Please see me when you have the chance.
    Hopefully it will be a conversation that will lead to both our advance."

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    "I'm forced to presume someone who shouldn't have overheard. They will be dealt with," Deke says into the phone. "We'll be there momentarily. Some of my associates will be searching the area."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    "Very well. Now off with you, I have business to attend to." Sybil pockets the card, and heads back into the building.

    @Ardent
    "I hope so." The line goes silent.

    Upon arrival, the usual vehicle is waiting by the bayfront, though the contact is not to be seen, possibly due to being in hiding.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex parks the car and shuts off the lights, leaving the engine running, but going as far to turn down the dimmer that controls the internal lights so that there wasn't any light inside the vehicle, even when the others opened the doors to get out. "Be careful. And text or call me immediately if you run into trouble." He pauses for a second. "Actually, call me either way. I'm not sure I'm all that comfortable with just sitting the car here, so I'll probably move it to somewhere a little ways off so if someone spots it, they don't find you, and vice versa. I'll stand watch with the rifle though, so if you see trouble and can't get a call off, run back to this spot and I'll see you."

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy walks away, back into the main street and hails down another cab. She sends a text to Danny,

    "No Dice on Mole. I'm going to keep digging. Keep Me Updated."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Bulldog nods at Alex. "Sounds good, let us know if you notice anything," the biker says, glancing towards Max and Danny.

    "If the shit pops off, get back to the SUV. We don't leave anyone, but if Alex has to bounce, we meet back with Liz. We're not endangering our lives or our secrets over some ammo," Bulldog says, stepping out of the vehicle.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke nods his agreement, moving towards the abandoned vehicle. He doesn't make any obvious inspection of the scene, but he does let his supernatural senses perk up a bit.
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Auspex + Perception + Alertness

    Auspex + Perception + Alertness:
    5d10o10h8 0 [5d10o10h8=6, 5, 4, 4, 7]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Bulldog takes in the situation as well, though he's more obvious about it.
    Geth roll 4d10o10h8 for Wits + Alertness

    Edit- Deke and Bulldog place form before function, and refuse to take their sunglasses off at night.

    Wits + Alertness:
    4d10o10h8 0 [4d10o10h8=7, 3, 2, 2]

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The vehicle's interior and exterior is completely dim. There is also a man at the wheel.

    A dead man, with his throat torn open. What's left of Deke's contact.

    "Looks like you boys were kind enough to order some nice hors d'oeuvres for the party." Two plain-faced men in jet black clothes appear from the darkness, each offering a smile as they approach at a distance. "You weren't going to keep it all to yourselves, now were you?" As one of them readies a pump-action shotgun, the other lets his mask drop as he cracks his knuckles. "This doesn't have to get violent, sweethearts. Leave the shit and go." Even beneath the hood, there's enough signs of eroding flesh to make the beast's nature apparent.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny didn't have a chance to reply to Lizzy before everyone was piling out of the vehicle. Keeping to the shadows, he moved quickly towards the edge of the property, scanning for oddities as he went.
    Timing-wise, I imagine he covered a fair distance before whatever happened at the vehicle started happening.
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Dex Stealth Obfuscate
    Geth roll 8d10o10h8 for Per Alert Auspex

    Dex Stealth Obfuscate:
    5d10o10h8 2 [5d10o10h8=6, 9, [10, 1], 2, 5]
    Per Alert Auspex:
    8d10o10h8 2 [8d10o10h8=8, [10, 2], 3, 6, 4, 7, 6, 4]

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max goes to the other side of ground, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious, but keeps an eye on Deke, Bulldog, and Danny
    I am stealing Danny's process, because they sound like a good idea.
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Dex+ Stealth
    Geth roll 7d10o10h8 for Per +Auspex+streetwise

    Dex+ Stealth:
    5d10o10h8 2 [5d10o10h8=3, [10, 2], 4, 2, 8]
    Per +Auspex+streetwise:
    7d10o10h8 1 [7d10o10h8=4, 7, 1, 9, 1, 3, 1]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    That didn't take long. When he noticed the interlopers Danny circled around until he was behind them. His options amounted to attack or distract and he figured best odds were on the latter. Remaining at a distance and out of sight, he shot off a text to Alex: "Alert on B&D. Will give them a distraction if it goes pearshape. Stand by."

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "Looks like you boys were kind enough to order some nice hors d'oeuvres for the party." Two plain-faced men in jet black clothes appear from the darkness, each offering a smile as they approach at a distance. "You weren't going to keep it all to yourselves, now were you?" As one of them readies a pump-action shotgun, the other lets his mask drop as he cracks his knuckles. "This doesn't have to get violent, sweethearts. Leave the shit and go." Even beneath the hood, there's enough signs of eroding flesh to make the beast's nature apparent.
    "You've made a terrible mistake," is the only thing Deke says.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "And what are you going to do about it, pretty boy? Go write a poem?" The empty handed man takes another step closer. "Last chance, tower club. Get back to the penthouse or go in a urn."

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
Sign In or Register to comment.