Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

2456719

Posts

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Elizabeth's smile didn't fade at the bitch's comment. Making friends where ever we go. Seeing that she would be stuck here for awhile, Lizzy decided to see what the deal was with the other Malk who seemed lost.

    "Hey, Danny, that is your name.
    It would seem that our clan is the same.
    So what happens to be your major malfunction?
    And do you know why you are here for this function?"

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex's smile doesn't shift from his face, even during the rebuking of the Malkavian he had walked upon. It didn't take any amount of seering skills to see that Elizabeth had chosen the wrong vampire to mouth off to.

    Still, Alex was Acknowledged, something he was familiar enough with from his Sire's teachings to know that he had formally been accepted into the city's little club. Sure there were strings tha would be attached, but when weren't there? The trick was to enjoy finding a way out of them.

    He took another sip of his glass as Sybil walked away. Best not to acquaint with the troublemaker. Instead, he turned to the other Toreador who had joined them. "Max, was it? Alexander Jones." He extended his hand cordially to the other vampire who had join d the small group.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    'Can be' as in not yet... usually. This one was annoying to deal with.
    And here's one who rhymes. Probably genuine. Ill-advised to try and fake it. Might be the closest thing to trustworthy in the building...

    "I... don't trust her. I don't trust any of these people. I...
    If she's being truthful, then this is Elysium and probably mostly safe. If.
    I should not have come. Here. Tonight. Or I should have checked with...
    I'm pretty sure I read about the Acknowledging thing, but I'm trying to think where."
    Let's try rolling some dice! Could be Academics (3) Law (2) or Occult(1). Lets split the diff and call it Law, I can always reroll if you want something else. Plus Int 3, so
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Putting the Pieces Together

    Putting the Pieces Together:
    5d10o10h8 3 [5d10o10h8=8, 8, 8, 4, 5]

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Elizabeth places her arm around Danny's shoulder and moves him towards a more private spot in the lobby, before he raises too many eyes with is babbling.

    "That's the perfect way to be.
    Don't trust them, don't trust me.
    Trust your instincts and you'll see beyond the lies.
    Listen close to the insanity and never question why.
    It's our clan's greatest gift, our power over theirs.
    We can see the secrets they try to hide under the stairs."

    "As far as Elysium, sure, this place is that.
    As long as the beasts remember to wear the hats.
    But it would take but one person to step off the path,
    to turn this fucking place into a blood bath.
    So don't do as I do, pissing bitches off for the fun,
    or you might become ashes in the morning sun."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @Maclay
    Intelligence + Academics would also be appropriate, but it's a success regardless.

    It means your character is recognized as a member of the Camarilla, and while subject to its laws, means he is also under its protection.
    Someone who is not acknowledged, such as Elizabeth, has no such rights or promise of safety.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Yeah, okay, great. I think I'm just gonna stop talking, stay out of the way and hope she wasn't serious about me having to be in charge of... you."

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy giggled.
    "Don't worry, you are not responsible for me,
    no more than you are responsible for the tides of the sea.
    She just knows of the last time I was at such an event.
    And wishes not for the past to be reascent."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    "Nice to meet you Alex. I don't suppose you have any idea what's going on tonight? I got a weird Nos invitation to this little shindig, apparently wasn't allowed to tell anyone about it, as far as I can tell, and end up at an Elysium. 'What's the purpose?', and 'why us?' are the obvious questions. Also, how badly is that Malk... Lizzie? going to get wrecked? The other one seems at least able to keep balance when needed" Max says the last part quietly enough that neither of the Malkavians should be able to hear him.

    Max watches for the entrance of the big guns, and also keeps an eye on Lizzie and Danny [do you still want to be mouse?] because with Malkavians, you just never know.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Deke finally approaches the Harpy, offering an incline of his head to indicate his lower position.

    "Deacon Braithwaite, Childe of Magdalena of Toreador," he says. He waits as the Harpy considers him, managing not to fidget.

    When he's certain he's been dismissed, he turns and heads back into the crowd, having heard a couple of Toreador neonates introduce themselves. A couple of the Cackling Clowns, too, but one had managed to offend already and he had no interest in finding out how much the Harpy was offended.

    He slowly worms through the crowd, offering polite greetings when intercepted, eventually reaching Max and Alex. He hovers a bit, letting them continue their conversation before stepping in to introduce himself.

    "Good evening, gentlemen. Deacon Braithwaite. Call me Deke," he says, flashing a smile. "Acknowledgment is the Harpy extending the rights and privileges of the Camarilla to you. Without it, you are not guaranteed safety here."
    Geth, roll 5d10o10h8 for Academics + Int = Vampire Lore

    Academics + Int = Vampire Lore:
    5d10o10h8 2 [5d10o10h8=3, 1, 5, 6, [10, 8]]

    Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex nods in agreement with Max. There were certainly a good number of questions surrounding the event, part of which was why would it be disguised on an invitation that not everyone would be able to even see. Before he could respond, Deke walked up an introduced himself, expounding on what Acknowledgement meant for the duo.

    "Pleasure to meet you, Deke. And yes, Max, I agree that there are questions abound. But, if Deke here is right, the three of us have all been put in a relative bubble of saftey, so why not enjoy it while the calm lasts?" Another broad smile flashed across his face. There was probably sound reasoning behind being reserved, but it wasn't a trait he held much interest in unfortunately. "Don't think I caught your clan there Deke? Based on other other two, pretty sure you aren't a Malk."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Thanks, Sybil." Bulldog said to the Harpy. It wasn't the first time he had heard comments about his attitude, his Sire thought the same way. But to Bulldog, it was pretty simple, after being... Embraced he was back to being a Prospect, only a couple steps above any asshole off the street.

    Making it as a Prospect wasn't easy, but it was possible if you got your head out of your ass. You kept your mouth shut and you came to all events. Everything you said or did was being noticed. You learned everyone's names and titles. You did what you were told, and you backed your brothers up, no matter what.

    No point in talking shit about the Club you wanted in on. All of them had accepted the invite for one of two reasons. Either they wanted to get in, or they were too scared to say no. Either way, mouthing off wasn't doing you any favors, and neither was spilling your guts.

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke nods. "I am Toreador," he acknowledges. "Although I would not be so quick to admit that in mixed company."

    He glances over at the retreating Malkavians. "It also means we're bound by the Camarilla's laws, so it's best to think of it as a double-edged sword. It cuts both ways."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Another florist. Good think she didn't pick a museum for the affair... I suppose you're come to the right city, though. Well met, Deacon. You're acknowledged as well. Someone's going to have his hands full tonight..." She trails off with a knowing grin. As if he didn't always.

    With the event apparently no longer requiring her services, Sybil(along with a near-emptied glass) retreats to an alcove near the stairs, half-observant from a distance. She needed to be in the know, but not an eavesdropper.

    Then an attention-getting sound of a man clearing his throat can be heard from the top of the stairs, and Sybil makes a point of rolling her eyes before wandering further away still. So much for a peaceful gathering.

    A man of regal bearing, wearing a three-piece suit complete with a handkerchief and the usage of a black walking stick(seeming to be more for show than any sort of practical use), is well on his way down the stairs towards the assembly.

    "Kindred of New York, faces new and old, welcome one and all." He extends his arms skyward with a warm, almost gleaming smile.
    "Those who have long been in residence may wonder why you have been summoned. Those who have only recently arrived most assuredly do. All in due time, dear friends, all in due time. For now, drink and be merry. I ask that in half an hour's time, those of you who are new to our Elysium shall gather upstairs in the Executive Hall. Most sovereign Prince and Regentia Julia wishes to speak with you all at your earliest convenience. Please be sure to attend. Thank you. I look forward to your prolonged health and support within our dear city." The man then offers a deep bow, straightens, and takes a glass of his own. "Kenneth, Seneschal and Primogen of Clan Toreador, shall be ever at your service."


    Elsewhere, Sybil opts to exit the building entirely, in dire need of a smoke.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Bulldog kept his ears open for any interesting conversations, since it seemed that the other Clans were keeping to themselves.

    Once the half hour was up, he headed upstairs to the Executive Hall.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Seeing that she still had thirty minutes of this hell, she figured she might as well try to smooth things out with Sybil before the show began. She poetically excused herself from Danny and made her way to the side door that The Harpy left out of.

    Outside, she looked around until she saw her, leaning up against a wall with a cigarette lit in her hand. She made a slow approach to not freak the Harpy out.

    "I feel as we got off on the wrong foot and wish to apologize.
    My name and past are things I wish not to be recognized.
    But the last time I was at such an event, I was ordered to kill my sire.
    I didn't mean to offend you or your Prince, that was not my desire.
    I've struggled to trust anyone ever since.
    Especially the Camarilla and the Prince.
    But if you would allow, it's time that I try to get involved in the world around me.
    I need to accept that I'm not human, but more than I could ever be."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max continues speaking to Deke and Alex, keeping an eye on the time. "I've never actually met the primogen. I didn't think I ever would, really. This must be pretty big if he and the Prince are both here. Have either of you heard anything big in the works? Because I'm completely in the dark."

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "You worry too much Max." Alex laughed as he took another sip from his glass. "Besides, if something bad was going to happen here, what can we do to stop it!" He slapped the other man on the back, cracked a wide smile, and downed the remainer of his glass. "Now then, probably best to head on up soon, don't want to keep them waiting."

    Alex slid his now empty glass back onto a tray of a passing servant. In truth, he was as excited as he was anxious. He had just been addressed by the Primogen of his clan, who also happened to be the second in command of city. To say that they were into something bigger than them would probably be an understatement. Whether it was confidence or arrogance, however, that drew the blonde man up to the Executive Hall without restraint, he wouldn't know. The vampire saw his chance to improve his standing, however, and relished the things that could come with that.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    On his own again, Danny tries to stay unobstrusive. He keeps an eye on the various attendees, hoping they don't show any interest in him, until he sees the others start moving toward the stairs and follows suit.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max watched Alex go up the stairs, and noted how much time he had left. He debated with himself about approaching Kenneth, and started to slowly head in his direction as he made his decision.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke seemed content to wait for the meeting with the Regentia to find out what was going on, but didn't begrudge Max his interest. He moved slowly towards the place Kenneth had indicated, greeting anyone who approached him and glad-handing, just like dad had taught him.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Outside of the Music Hall, Sybil nurses a half-finished cigarette that she knows full well does no real good or ill. The act is cathartic, though.

    If she is bothered by the Malkavian's approach, she makes no show of it. "I hope that rhyming shit is something you can't help, otherwise that act will get old quick. Christ, hard enough to understand you quacks when you don't have verbal quirks..."

    After watching a car pass, blare its horn at a loitering vehicle, and tear off into the distance shortly before a loud crash is heard, she flings the last remains of the cigarette into the road.

    "For the evening, you may be Accepted. Behave, and I see no reason for you to not be Acknowledged by the night's end." She then turns, motioning past the woman to the door.

    "I imagine your Prince awaits you." Sybil makes no attempt to hide her disdain with the emphasis on the Tremere's title. "Try not to indulge her deviant sidekick's theatrics."


    The path to the upstairs hall is clearly designed to cater for visitors that happen to be famous, rich, or ideally, both. It is lavishly furnished with a bright red carpet, candlelit illumination along the walls, as well as assorted paintings and portraits(from both classic and local sources) placed for added decor. The hall in question proves easy to find, since the plague-emblazoned door is also the only one that has a woman waiting outside of it. She's anything but dressed for the occasion. The pale figure looks more like she got lost on the way to a metal concert, judging by the multitude of piercings and her leather studded outfit.

    She makes no effort to halt anyone's approach, but her eyes never leave a single figure until they have already entered, putting them out of her sphere of influence.

    Within the room itself, a perfectly rounded table awaits, with a candelabra at its center, and nine empty chairs.


    A tenth is occupied by a woman of Hispanic descent. She sits, waiting with her hands folded, the hood of a crimson robe left downcast around her neckline. The chair in which she sits is perfectly opposite the door through which you enter. And once joined, she smiles, a genuine display of welcome. "Please, do take a seat. There is much to discuss."

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max eyes the table. hmmm, between the visitors and our hosts, that's still one seat extra. I wonder who else is coming?. Max slides into the seat on the sitting woman's right.

    Max makes a mental note to speak to Kenneth afterwards, if he can. Always pays to know the people in charge. And the people who answer to them.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy the Rebel takes notice of Sybil's dislike for the new Prince. The Harpy was just the kind of woman that could take down the power... no, Elizabeth had to remind herself, we aren't in Seattle, we haven't even met the new Prince. Maybe figure out what kind of person the Prince was first before plotting their downfall.

    The metal woman at the door seemed more of Elizabeth's kind of people; moody, rebellious, rocker. She gave the woman a nod as she when pass.

    Inside, Elizabeth takes one of the chairs to the left of the woman but back towards the door, so she isn't in direct sight of the woman nor too far from the door. It's not perfect but hopefully it makes her more forgettable.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    He briefly considered waiting for everyone else to sit so he wouldn't have to choose, but Danny realized that would just draw attention to him. Instead (as long as there are at least two available seats between them) Danny chose to sit between their host and Lizzy, though closer to Lizzy for the sake of clan unity. He sat quietly with hands clasped and waited.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex enters the room and glances around, taking in the sights a bit before choosing a seat. The others had chosen seats tithe right or left of their host, so Alex chose the seat directly across the table from her. This way, she was looking directly at him. He relaxed into his seat and waited for the final places to be filled.

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke files in and takes a seat without comment, his attention firmly on the candelabra, knowing that a lapse in concentration could find him examining the art around him. He doesn't place any particular importance on where he sits, sliding into an empty chair.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog nodded at the woman at the door, before taking a seat at the table, making sure not to put his back to the open door.

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    @Ardent: (and @Fencingsax / @AustinP0027 )
    Nothing on display is of high enough Performance to drive you to distraction. The most masterful works are clearly reproductions, likely by intention.

    "Have all gathered? Yes, I believe this accounts for those who are needed. Sandra, the door, if you would." The robed woman motions to the doorway, and it can be heard being firmly shut, likely a bit louder than was necessary. She pauses, then resumes in an apologetic tone. "You'll have to excuse my Sheriff. She can be a bit... brusque in regards to security, but such is her role. Do not hesitate to introduce yourselves at some point, just do so with tact. As you may know, I am Julia, one is currently tasked with the rule of this domain. I also remain the Regent who oversees the New York Chantry, as I was prior to my appointment as Prince, but fortunately, you needn't concern yourselves with those troubles. Now, then..."

    Julia's gaze searches the room, moving from face to face before focusing on the group in general. "Since each of you are, in some form or another, new to the politics of our city, I don't know how aware you may be of recent events. You do seem to understand our respect for traditions, and the need to keep our presence understated, so those traits paired with your relative inexperience marks you as ideal for the task at hand. I suspect none of you favor having your time wasted, so I will get right to it."

    The Prince takes a measured pause as she raises her hands before her face in a steeple position, her elongated nails brought to bear against one another.

    "Are any of you knowledgeable in regards to the Nosferatu of this city? I suspect not, seeing as how we've neither seen nor heard from any of their ilk in many months. And, for once, it does not appear deliberate. Most of the locals try to act as if they have adjusted to my rule, but it is clear that many of them long for the... hands-off rule that the former Prince was known for. Calebros rarely took an active role in events of the city, much less Elysium. He acted through his many, many shadow puppets." She does not sound particularly fond of that system of government.

    "I believe our city is better for the active influence that my presence allows. This is not a sentiment shared, sadly. I hope that each of you, being uninfluenced by that bygone era, may find our current state of politics more appealing. Regardless... the disappearance of an entire clan is not something I can overlook. Nor can I trust the established rabble of this city to take a direct hand, since I suspect that they would be all too eager to bring the Rats back into power." Julia lowers her hands, returning them to her earlier placement to look to each of you in turn, as if gauging your natures.

    "Therefore, I would like each of you to investigate a lead we have as to their whereabouts. An associate of our clan happens to operate an occult store within Chinatown, and claims to have knowledge of the Nosferatu. As neither myself nor those of House and Clan are particularly welcome there... I would ask for you all to go in my stead, and report to me, directly, of your findings. I am trusting you all with this task, one I consider of great import. Should this prove true, perhaps the Nosferatu can return to their appointed roles of information gathering and observation." Though it goes unsaid, it is clear that is all she wishes them to be known for. "Should it prove false... this source is clearly not worthy of our trust, and is not deserving of further attention." Her dismissive tone makes it clear she doesn't seem particular about what may happen as a result of that.

    "That is all I have to ask of you. Should you accept, my Seneschal will give you further details. Should you decline, you may return to your domains and spend the nights how you choose... but I would trust each of you to act as a group, and not make this task more difficult for those who seek to show their appreciation for the Camarilla's protection and sanctuary." The candelabra begins to flicker, and the room clearly darkens as the flames dim. "I believe each of you has the character worthy of taking an active role in our city, not that of a leech who seeks merely to prolong their unlives without contribution."

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "I'm in." Bulldog said, after a pause to take in the information.

    "I'm Bobby Lenko, Brujah Clan. My Sire is Nathaniel Vonner. I'm no leech, thanks for the chance to prove it, Prince Julia."

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "I will admit that I am curious to why the Nosferatu decided to slip.
    They say when trouble exist, the rats are the first to leave the ship.
    Whatever it was that scared them to give up the power of a whole city,
    Will soon effect us all and it can't be pretty."

    The rocker looked up at the Prince.

    "Elizabeth Hailion, Malkavian Clan.
    I am more than willing to go with this plan."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex kept his hand carefully folded in front of him as the Prince was talking. From his end, he didn't quite have the level of interest that others might in regards to where the Nosferatu had went, it seemed like the kind of thing people in charge cared about while the people they ruled were largely unaffected by. Still, the Prince had made a request to them, in person, and had asked them to track this down. That kind of request wasn't something you could refuse, and it was sure to bring potential other benefits if it was fulfilled satisfactorily.

    "Alexander Jones, Clan Toreador. I also accept this task."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "Max Smart. Toreador. If something is happening, we need to know what it is. Are we acting as your investigators officially, or is this line of questioning... disconnected from the Principality and the Primogeneity?

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The second Toreador receives Julia's renewed attention. "A good question. In regards to our contact... officially, yes. Otherwise... keeping a low profile would be advisable."

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny wasn't gonna be the sole voice to reject the request of the head honcho, even if it was allegedly an option. Plus, a good mystery to occupy his mind seemed like a healthy distraction for his issues.
    "Danny Whelan, Malkavian, confirming yes."

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    "I am," Deacon finally says. "Knowledgeable of at least one, that is. If it pleases the Prince, I will provide a report. But I suppose I shall also accept this task."

    He glances around the table. "Deacon Braithwaite, Toreador," he adds.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "A Nosferatu? Intriguing... yes, we should speak much of this. There have been no traces that our own network could find, though it is admittedly their specialty. We shall speak of this shortly, unless you wish to share your knowledge with your newfound Coterie." An indicative gesture made to the other five.

    "Your show of devotion to our city will not go unappreciated, or unrewarded. You all go with the blessing and support of the Camarilla, to whatever boon it may offer. If you all have further questions or concerns, speak of them at your leisure. Otherwise, you may retire to enjoy the evening's festivities, or whatever other plans you have. Speak with Kenneth before you depart. Although I do not expect your destination to prove a threat, suffice it to say... you are headed to Chinatown. I trust some of you can prepare accordingly. Though we do not know of an immediate Kuei-Jin threat, they are bound to have some variety of presence there. To say we have a delicate alliance is a great understatement. Do not start any trouble unless your very existences depend on it... or at very least, keep it subtle." Julia allows herself a thin smile on that note, and rises to her feet. A moment later, the door is unlatched.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    "This Coterie will learn of this soon enough: Calebros is gone, the Warren deserted, and all that remain are those without the means to leave. Or the will," Deacon says. "Whatever threat Calebros perceived caused them to depart quickly. He, of course, is still using the eyes and ears of those that remain. You will forgive me for not sharing the name of the Nosferatu of my acquaintance, my Prince. I would also appreciate it if it was not mentioned to anyone outside of this room save the Primogen. They were to remain completely hidden and your court not to learn of their observation."

    He rises after Julia and moves to depart the room. He pauses at the door. "I suggest we separate and leave individually. You can find me at my apartments at the Opticon. Ask at the reception desk for 'Deke'. Unless someone else has a more convenient haven?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Unfortunate, but expected. Venturing into their domicile is known to be dangerous without proper escort." There is a pause of discontent at mention of the source's secrecy, but the woman seems to concede defeat. "Very well. Your words carry the weight of truth to them. I should expect you know better than to feign otherwise. However, if your source comes across news of greater import to the city's well being... it will be expected to reveal itself, or be wrenched out of the shadows by force."

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke inclines his head at Julia's command. "I will relay your command, my Prince."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Bulldog nods at Deke's suggestion to leave separately. "Opticon sounds fine to me."

    "Anyone know how to prepare for these uh... Kuei-Jin, if they are a threat?" Bulldog asks, after giving out his cell number to the rest of the crew.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
Sign In or Register to comment.