As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Deus Ex] It's not cancelled yet, but you can see it from here

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I'm at the end of GC on I Never Asked For This

But it keeps crashing during the cutscene when you fly away :/

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Rami wrote: »
    I'm at the end of GC on I Never Asked For This

But it keeps crashing during the cutscene when you fly away :/

Try to skip the cutscene and see if that works. Press Escape during the cutscene and there should be a Skip option.
    That particular scene might be a loading screen though, so not sure if the option will be there.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Yeah I can't, it's a loading screen cutscene and it doesn't finish loading before the crash happens.

I've tried windowed, fullscreen, all graphics on low etc.

It's not like this is the first time I've played through the game either, never had this crash before.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    edit: OK, I didn't lose as much progress as I thought, but holy shit there's so many bugs. How do you fuck up something as fundamental as saving the game?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    My main issue has been loading the bigger section of prague. Takes way longer to load than anything else, then often runs like shit til I save/reload. Especially going from the smaller section to the palislade station.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I've seen tons of bugs, probably because I'm exploring everything.

Another major bug, though beneficial to the player, is that sometimes using a code on a computer or terminal will yield way more experience than it should. Like it just spams you with overlapping bonuses - I've gotten over 500xp for using a code on a level 1 terminal. Like 5x "Free Admission" and a slew of other bonuses. That's fun, but definitely a bug.

The whole save system is a complete disaster, and I blame Steam as much as I blame Square/Eidos, since it is Steam's API that they are using. Something is fucked up either with Steam's API, or SE's/Eidos's implementation. Either way, it's crap.

Then there's the vendors that continuously treat you like they've never met you before. That is immersion breaking. At least you can skip dialogue.

There's the possibility that when you go back to Prague (2nd visit), Tars won't have his properly-refreshed stock for sale (DemonStacey brought this up in the last thread). You have to take a train trip North and then back South to get him to refresh his stock.

Maybe these are small items, I dunno, but they should really not be in the game and I'm surprised they haven't been addressed yet. Except for Saves. That's a major fuckup. Not a minor item.

• Options
    Oh and there's also a major exploit (major mid-to-late game spoilers):
    That lets you do mission 11 and mission 12. Definitely not intended - you have to go out of bounds to do it. And I confirmed it myself - 100% possible. I reloaded an earlier save because I wanted to do a proper, non-exploitative playthrough).

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    DX12 is on the way also save caps have a fix http://steamcommunity.com/games/337000/announcements/detail/917995046550733178
    Today, we’re pleased to announce that we’re releasing the first preview version of DirectX 12 for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. If you already own Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, you will notice that the DX12 preview version has been launched as a separate branch, which can be activated in the ‘Betas’ tab within the Steam properties of the main game. We are doing this because we want to have the full involvement of the community as we push towards our final DX12 release, occurring on the week of September 19th, 2016, which will include DX12 multi-GPU support. We know that the preview version may have some minor hiccups, so your feedback will be critical to make sure that the final release is as good as it can possibly be. If you run into any issues, or have any comments, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know!

You'll find below the full notes for our latest patch. Thanks for all your support, and we hope you’re enjoying the game!

PC Patch notes for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patch build 545.4

We have just released another PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.4 build 545.4_P5. This patch focusses on critical issues that were reported by users during the last weeks after release.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

The following fixes are in this patch:

Fixed a freeze that happened for some players during the subway loading scene.
    Fix for issue where massive stalls would occur in Prague.
    Fixed issue where players could no longer save when they ran out of Steam Cloud space. (When the player runs out of space, the oldest saves will now be removed from the Steam Cloud. They will NOT be deleted and are still available from disk. They will remain present in your in-game ‘load game’ list.)
    Improved shadow behaviour in the distance when Contact Hardening Shadows is turned on.
    Fixed issue where tutorial messages could stay/re-appear on-screen after completing the tutorial.
    Fixed an issue where players could lose input control when hacking certain computers.
    Fixed various UI issues.

Release of DirectX 12 support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
    As of today, users are also able to utilize the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API. To activate this you are required to do the following:

Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
    Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
    From the dropdown menu, select dx12_preview then close the window.

After the game has downloaded the DirectX 12 supported build you can then toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
    Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided game session.

WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all.
    Multi-GPU is not yet supported in this patch.
    If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.
    As always, make sure that your drivers are up to date:
    DX12-supporting driver for AMD graphics cards: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16-9-1-Release-Notes.aspx
    DX12-supporting driver for NVIDIA graphics cards: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/107012/en-us

Known DirectX 12 issue:
    - There is a known bug that causes some very high end cards to regress relative to DirectX 11. This bug is being addressed by the development team.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on older versions, we have made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0_build524.6, v1.0_build524.7, v1.1_build524.10, v1.2_build524.15 and v1.3_build524.17 that can be used to switch back to previous versions.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DX12 is on the way also save caps have a fix http://steamcommunity.com/games/337000/announcements/detail/917995046550733178
    *snip*

Oh thank god.

Thank you!

I just opted in to the DX12 beta preview. Will check it out in a minute.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hopefully the Prague performance fixes are real, it was the one thing that kept me from playing the game. Nothing is more annoying than the game hanging in the one area you spend most of your time in.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Still runs like ass with MSAA 8x enabled. Everything else is still at ULTRA/max.

It maybe seems a little smoother with MSAA back at 2x, but I dunno. It ran fine before.

I have a 6GB 980 Ti (EVGA Classified edition).

I'd like to see if it's any smoother at the greenhouses, the only place it really chugged for me before.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Anything is going run like ass with such a high level of MSAA. That shit is computationally expensive.

• Options
    I run most games at 1,000,000x MSAA, no problems.

• Options
    Anyway, I love the way they advertise/their disclaimer of the DX12 feature. It basically boils down to "DX12 may improve performance for you but it may not. Whatever."

lol

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    The gamebreaking bugs bundled with the excessively low save slot count is still my biggest beef with this game.

I can save on 11 slots across all characters (7 if I want to play Desperate Measures that needs 4 deleted saves to even start, because reasons)... I have already lost several hours of progress because of the few saves coupled with the bugs, I mean, how can you fuck up such a basic thing?

Am I supposed to just power through everything and not looking back? I like taking my time in RPG's, I also like having a decent amount of saves because of bugs/glitches/missing important things etc.

I'll take a hard look at FFXV before I buy that at least, if FFXV has a 7 or 11 save slot limit, they can keep it and go fuck themselves.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Still in Golem, kind of lost interest in the story, tbh.

Doesn't help that I spent several days of playtime in Prague not advancing the plot, but still. I need to complete it at least once for my precious game completion percentage, but beyond that... meh.

Absolutely a blast to dick around in.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Tried about a dozen things but I somehow made it past the cutscene crash.

Up to the bank heist now, then GARM. At this point I'm pretty sure not dying won't be a problem since if something goes really bad I have enough biocells to keep me in stealth for 5 minutes.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Prague 3 is so annoying.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Late game question:
    I saved Allison and got the Killswitch, but now that I'm facing Viktor I don't seem to have the option to use it. Don't see it in my Story Items, either. What gives?[\spoiler]

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Late game question:
    I saved Allison and got the Killswitch, but now that I'm facing Viktor I don't seem to have the option to use it. Don't see it in my Story Items, either. What gives?[\spoiler]
    You should have had the option to use it after he gives his spiel and you ducked behind cover. It's a timed reaction to conversation if you have it.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Late game question:
    You should have had the option to use it after he gives his spiel and you ducked behind cover. It's a timed reaction to conversation if you have it.
    Jensen just stands up and says, "I'm taking you down."
    Is the Killswitch something I have to pick up? I thought story items went straight into the special inventory...

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Late game question:
    Is the Killswitch something I have to pick up? I thought story items went straight into the special inventory...
    You don't need to equip it or anything. It's just a dialogue option after you talk to each other for awhile.

• Options
    Late game question:
    You don't need to equip it or anything. It's just a dialogue option after you talk to each other for awhile.
    Yeah, I'm not getting that - it's straight into a gunfight.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Late game question:
    Honestly, you're not missing much. Victor has a lot of health in a standup fight but has the same weaknesses as an exo-suit policeman and can be taken down extremely quickly.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Late game question:
    Also does using that break the non lethal achievement?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Late game question:
    Honestly, you're not missing much. Victor has a lot of health in a standup fight but has the same weaknesses as an exo-suit policeman and can be taken down extremely quickly.
    Yeah, but I have no interest in a fight with a zillion drones, etc.
    Also, the decision to go after Allison was supposed to be really important. For it to literally not count is pretty galling, and I kinda don't care much anymore.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Late game question:
    Saving Allison doesn't get you the killswitch, it gets you an item that disables his detonator for the bombs. The problem is that this item, for some reason, isn't a story item and goes into your normal inventory. If you don't have the room for it it should spawn at your feet right after the Allison dialog cutscene and is very easy to miss.
    The killswitch is an item that you can find during the last mission and instantly kills Viktor.
    If you have any of them, they both show up as (timed) dialog options right after you show yourself to Viktor.

edit:
    The item you get from Allison also looks just like a multitool in your inventory, so maybe you sold it? Not even sure if vendors take it.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Man that crime scene in Prague 2 is grim as fuck

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Question about SM07, the one where you're looking for your coworker. The 3rd step of it:
    So you went back to the first area to meet the contact, and then 2 thugs followed her. Is there a way to take them down nonlethally without sending the nearby civilians into a panic?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Question about SM07, the one where you're looking for your coworker. The 3rd step of it:
    So you went back to the first area to meet the contact, and then 2 thugs followed her. Is there a way to take them down nonlethally without sending the nearby civilians into a panic?
    As far as I know, there's no need to. Theoretically you could use sound to lure them to a secluded spot. I guess

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    As far as I know, there's no need to. Theoretically you could use sound to lure them to a secluded spot. I guess
    I mean, wouldn't that break the no alerts achievement?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    You aren't noticed if you just talk to her and follow her lead.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    That's basically every major issue I've had in the patch notes. Will fire it up and see how it goes.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

The achievement is about not triggering alarms, the ones guards run to when they see you or find a body, I think cameras/turrets turning red, stuff like that.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Late game question:
    Saving Allison doesn't get you the killswitch, it gets you an item that disables his detonator for the bombs. The problem is that this item, for some reason, isn't a story item and goes into your normal inventory. If you don't have the room for it it should spawn at your feet right after the Allison dialog cutscene and is very easy to miss.
    The killswitch is an item that you can find during the last mission and instantly kills Viktor.
    If you have any of them, they both show up as (timed) dialog options right after you show yourself to Viktor.

edit:
    The item you get from Allison also looks just like a multitool in your inventory, so maybe you sold it? Not even sure if vendors take it.
    I like multi-tools too much to sell, and I thought story items went into the Story Item tab and thus didn't take up space. Anyway I got over my irritation, beat up Marchenko and finished the game.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    The only perfect infiltration is one with no living witnesses. <3

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    The only perfect infiltration is one with no living witnesses. <3

Honestly it is the most humane thing to do.

If you leave everyone alive you know their boss will fire everyone for failing their job. Then they go home to their loved ones and children, unemployed. Tension and arguments will rise in the home until their spouse decides they need "time apart" and takes their kids to the in-laws.

Having lost everything the guard becomes an alcoholic to numb the pain of their failed life. Wondering how it all went wrong the guard finally succumbs to their inner demons and takes their own life.

So yeah, if you want all that to happen by all means leave those guards alive. You monster.

At least when you take them out their families will get a life insurance payout.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    My bank heist on permadeath mode was to hack security and let the robots kill everyone inside the bank.

Definitely the easiest way to play the game.

sig.gif
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    non-lethal typhoon is so hilariously bad when you drop down into the middle of a room, thinking you're about to take everyone out in one fell swoop, and then you see that everyone but, like, one idiot is wearing a mask. For all other times there's rapid icarus dash into multiple double takedowns, I guess, as they seem to have a lot of trouble hitting you while you're dashing around.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    After dissapointment of Mankind Divided, i returned to Human Revolution DC for a third playthrough. Now i have 100 % achievements, Foxiest of the Hounds aquired.

HR story is not really great but goddamnit, it at least was a proper, closed story with beginning and ending, and compelling characters of Sarif, Malik, Pritchard and Eliza, all of which are hilariously marginalized in sequel, no doubt because of Square Enix "advice" to make this game more "accesible" for new players.

Jesus, do i hate Square Enix after all this.

Asthariel on