As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tokyo Game Show 2016 starring The Last Guardian

CenoCeno pizza timeRegistered User regular
edited September 2016 in Social Entropy++
The Playstation Meeting has ended and TOKYO GAME SHOW 2016 rises to take its place!

slideshow01.jpg

Here is a link to the livestreams scheduled for the event, which begins on September 15: gematsu.com/2016/09/tokyo-game-show-2016-live-stream-schedule

Several major sites will be covering the event as well (IGN has a hub, I think) so we might see some good coverage this week, but Persona 5 also hits in Japan so beware of spoilers while searching (if you care about that sort of thing). The NX will not be covered. The Last Guardian will not be covered (and just got delayed again). Final Fantasy VII Remake will not be covered.

Otherwise, have fun kids!!

Ceno on

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Forget the Neo, I wanna know if those rumors about the Playstation 4 Slim are true.

You know, the completely unsubstantiated rumors about the console that multiple people own and have done reviews of?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    You can't make a console that slim! You're drunk with power!

I added an actual link to the livestream because, hey, that's helpful to the OP. Not sure yet if I want to watch the raw feed or one being commented on. Probably the official one.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    man, the ps4 slim looks pretty dumb

uc3ufTB.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

It has real buttons on it so now it is an objectively better console, throw all original PS4s in a landfill and set the landfill on fire

6F32U1X.png

Yeah, but there's so much less of it to look at.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    How much is the slim model

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't need a new PS4, especially since I upgraded the HD in my current one

but man, real-ass buttons is tempting

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    If I get a new PS4, and keep my old PS4, and put the old one in our bedroom, and the new one in our living room...

Can I log in on the new one, download games I purchased to it - then have my fiance log into the original one, and we play the same game co-op.

Because if in 2016 thats the closest we can get to playing fucking couch co-op anything I'll take it.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    If I get a new PS4, and keep my old PS4, and put the old one in our bedroom, and the new one in our living room...

Can I log in on the new one, download games I purchased to it - then have my fiance log into the original one, and we play the same game co-op.

Because if in 2016 thats the closest we can get to playing fucking couch co-op anything I'll take it.

don't quote me on this

but I believe if you purchase a game using one PS4 user and install it

you will still be able to play the game as a different user on the same PS4 so I think you should be able to play together yes.

That would be awesome.

And I realize this may skirt the legality issues of ownership (but it also may not as I know Sony for awhile was like "Hey go nuts" with stuff like this), so if anyone wants me to delete or modify the question, let me know.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    How much is the slim model

Alleged slim model.

(Real answer: They haven't even confirmed it exists yet, so we don't know the official price or how it might affect the price of the original version).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

My thinking, which is probably stupid and dumb

Original model PS4 goes down to $250 while supplies last

Slim starts at $300 with a $350 memory upgrade

Neo is $400

6F32U1X.png
    I think Neo at $400 is the right call, but only if they can demonstrably show the benefits that system will provide to people who don't have 4K TVs (like me).

Show me existing games running at better framerates with better graphics and textures at 1080p and I'll probably give in.

Ceno wrote: »
    I think Neo at $400 is the right call, but only if they can demonstrably show the benefits that system will provide to people who don't have 4K TVs (like me).

Show me existing games running at better framerates with better graphics and textures at 1080p and I'll probably give in.

They'd have to do this, since they literally can't show you games running at 4K

All the leaked policies and plans show that being a big part of what the Neo does, which I find interesting in contrast with Scorpio, which will do nothing for 1080p gaming

6F32U1X.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The idea of 4k gaming doesn't do much for me.

I bought a new 1080p TV last year after I realized it's going to be quite some time before I can really enjoy 4k anything. Netflix streams some stuff...but that's assuming you have an internet provider who can handle it, and FiOS where I am certainly struggles with 1080p some days. Local channels are literally about a decade out from 4k.

So I am all about the Neo but I will tune out rather fast if it is just catering to the 4k crowd.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    For me, if the Neo has a 4k bluray player in it, that will be enough to get me to seriously consider one, especially in the light of Microsoft's shift towards their exclusives being Windows exclusives rather than XBox exclusives.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    4K is struggling to catch on a bit because the upgrade difference from 1080p to 4k isn't nearly as noticeable as SD to 1080i even.

There's no avoiding that 4K is most certainly the future of all this stuff, but until I literally cannot buy a 1080p TV any easier than a 4K one, I'm fine with 1080p

6F32U1X.png
    edited September 2016
    Mr. G wrote: »
    There's no avoiding that 4K is most certainly the future of all this stuff, but until I literally cannot buy a 1080p TV any easier than a 4K one, I'm fine with 1080p

It's the WAY distant future. They still have a long way to go to maximize 1080p yet.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for OLED TVs to be not insanely priced and by then, they'll probably all be 4K anyway

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Oh sure, I've noticed that it's getting to that tipping point now if you want a biggish TV, so the next one will be a 4k one which means I'll need something that can play 4k discs eventually due to having mediocre internet, plus Sony has some pretty interesting stuff in their stable, especially as someone who's only had a PC since PS2. So it makes a compelling case vs a standalone player going forward.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO

It's the WAY distant future. They still have a long way to go to maximize 1080p yet.

People tend to forget that 2009 was when local TV stations finally had to go to some form of HD, and analog was done away with (for the most part). I was working at a TV station who spent millions of dollars into finally upgrading new cameras and such to be compliant...and even then, we upgraded to 720p. And upconverted to 1080. Because its super expensive.

It's easily going to be another decade, if not more, before stations decide to go to TRUE 4k, and not just upconvert.

My next TV will be 4K because... Why not?

My living room TV is getting old. When it goes I'll move the theater TV up there and buy a new TV for the theater

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    My next TV will be 4K because... Why not?

My living room TV is getting old. When it goes I'll move the theater TV up there and buy a new TV for the theater

What you meant to say there was 4k PROJECTOR for the theatre room.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Welp that poll was wrong. Sony beat Giant Bomb and started first.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Welp that poll was wrong. Sony beat Giant Bomb and started first.

Their YouTube stream is broken, move to Twitch

6F32U1X.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Well I had Giantbomb.com open. I assumed it would have the working one.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Slim officially announced, Sept 15 $300

That is what that thing should cost!

6F32U1X.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

We're already at the point where if you're going to buy a tv anyway, 4k is not much more expensive than 1080

PNk1Ml4.png
    Looking forward to getting a great deal on the original PS4 in a couple months.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

PS4 Pro official name

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    PS4 PRO

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I like that name

PS4K WAS RIGHT THERE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING

6F32U1X.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Ok but where does it plug in the rechargeable pencil?