As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] FFX Ultimates available, including the dreaded Geocities at U+ diff.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I only have celes three hit wind thing for vi. Woo.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Strange that her actual limit break would be her worst SB.

And it's kinda weird that Terra still doesn't have Riot Blade.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I thought I'd take stock of what I have available... and fuck me, I didn't realize how jacked I am with VI gear.

-Setzer's Dive Bomb. So at least he won't be dragging things down.
    -Shadow's Ichigeki. That should be fun, stack it to 3 bars then unleash hell.
    -Celes Indomitable Blade. Pity Ultros doesn't seem to do much magic attacks towards the end. Still, holy boost and she can use Saint Cross now? Fun times.
    -Kefka's Magic Infusion and Havoc Wing. A haste if I don't take shout, or damage if I do.
    -Cyan's Bushido Flurry. A B- character who gets promoted to A with synergy I guess. Better than nothing.
    -Mog's Heroic Harmony. Well I've got no Relm items save for a VI shared medica, so I guess he might as well be the healer.
    -Locke's Mirage Dive. 'Sup Thief's Revenge user.

I'm guessing... Mog, Setzer, Celes, Shadow, Cyan/Locke, Shout RW, and hopefully buzzsaw him down into calamari. Being careful not to "waste" a move when he's on the verge of changing phases.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Does anyone know with the five dooms if you get enough class motes to get all characters to rank 3 in their respective skill (Spellblades et al.)?

Not even remotely! It takes a total of 30 motes to get the capstone skill. In JP, the more common classes (Monk, Knight) got 80 motes, the rarer classes (Spellblade, Samurai, Thief, Ninja, Machinist, Dragoon) only got 40 motes.

Just the third level by itself costs 15 motes, which is the same as the first two levels put together (5 + 10). So every capstone bonus you unlock has an opportunity cost of "another copy of the skill" and its corresponding crystals for shattering. It'll be a tough decision for sure.

Fry on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Hrm I thought it was 15 motes to get the skill, and then another 15 to get the +damage sphere after the skill. Is that wrong?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Does anyone know with the five dooms if you get enough class motes to get all characters to rank 3 in their respective skill (Spellblades et al.)?

Not even remotely! It takes 30 motes to get the capstone skill. In JP, the more common classes (Monk, Knight) got 80 motes, the rarer classes (Spellblade, Samurai, Thief, Ninja, Machinist, Dragoon) only got 40 motes.

Just the third level by itself costs 15 motes, which is the same as the first two levels put together (5 + 10). So every capstone bonus you unlock has an opportunity cost of "another copy of the skill" and its corresponding crystals for shattering. It'll be a tough decision for sure.

Where do you get your info? I dug around muketsu and couldn't find anything.

• Options
    Fry wrote: Β»

Not even remotely! It takes 30 motes to get the capstone skill. In JP, the more common classes (Monk, Knight) got 80 motes, the rarer classes (Spellblade, Samurai, Thief, Ninja, Machinist, Dragoon) only got 40 motes.

Where do you get your info? I dug around muketsu and couldn't find anything.

Cost for 6* job spheres is in Enlir's spreadsheet. For the mote income, I broke my own rule and followed a link to kongbakpao from reddit.

• Options
    Oh, wait, I forgot. I also have cyan's Bushido Dragon and Kefka's Forsaken Null.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Hrm this Cid Mission I might go ahead and give a try, since I now have hastega/faithga from Kefka, Terra's new enFire SSB, Celes' BSB and Relm's Portrait of Lakshmi. Add in Setzer for support duties and I think that's a competent team.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thrown out 90 stamina going into ++ and not pushing auto coming back to dead party. Hmm.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: Β»
    Hrm this Cid Mission I might go ahead and give a try, since I now have hastega/faithga from Kefka, Terra's new enFire SSB, Celes' BSB and Relm's Portrait of Lakshmi. Add in Setzer for support duties and I think that's a competent team.

I was thinking the same thing. I could even rw wall if I wanted to.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I have pretty good synergy for VI, but most of my SBs are outdated other than Portrait of Lakshmi. I think I'm going to bring Sabin for his boostga, and try rolling with RW Echo SSB for Haste + Shell + more resist. Team will probably also include Celes for her old wind SB and of course Setzer for Full Break. Last spot will probably be Gau for Powerchain + Full Charge, but there are a lot of great options in VI, so we'll see what jumps out at me as I'm building the team.

Fry on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    100 gem got me... Relm's Hastega+Crit Buff. That's intriguing, I suppose

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Yeesh, Hidon was a joke.

Or to put it another way, Relm's only white magic usage was one cast of Holy (and I guess technically Shellga/Protectga from the RW), and Lightning got a grand total of four turns Chain Charging before it was dead. R1 of each would've been enough.

Ultros CM was pretty simple too, but I have great FF6 RS. Although for some reason, despite only one person ever being even slightly close to death once, I lost two medals for damage taken. Weird.

Ran dual white mages (Relm - Lakshmi, Mog - Heroic Harmony), Celes (Indom Blade) with two spellblades for phase 2/3, Edgar with Drill and the standard knight loadout (Banishing/Saint Cross), and Setzer to carry Power/Magic Breakdown, with a Shout RW. Some of his attacks can hurt pretty badly, so watch out. The third phase may as well be called "juice your SB meter." 8 hits for ~200 damage. Oh no. Please don't. Mog Heroic Hamonied as soon as phase 4 and 5 began, and he was pretty much neutered. Some of his damage can hurt pretty badly though. He got off a single target Thundaga just before Indom Blade went up and before I could apply Magic Breakdown, and it nailed Setzer for about 3.5k through Shellga. His early AoE physical stuff smacks for around 1.5k through Power Breakdown and Protectga too. In hindsight, I should've put Mako Might/Dr. Mog on Edgar to get the Drill def bonus up sooner, but I just focused on damage.

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=260oetpb9mM

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ultros is wrecking my shit

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: Β»

What, really? How? You have most of the FF6 relics, right?

• Options
    edited September 2016
    yeah, Hidon was a joke. Got a lot of mileage out of my dances, and Greg's shiny new Flashing Blade. For style points, I finished Hidon off with a Flashing Blade that also took out all his remaining Erebuses. Gearing up for Ultros now. Gonna try and ace him with one team, and then go in for a CMission later.

Cid Mission team is likely to be Cyan, Mog, Setzer, Kefka, and either Celes (packing Saint Cross and Drain Blade) Gau (Chainchargin') or Relm (if a second WHM is needed)

Enlong on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Beasteh wrote: Β»

Here's my setup. I had a pretty easy time of it. Got it in one, no S/Ling.

SBs: Indom Blade x2, Lakshmi x1, Drill x2, Heroic Harmony x2
    fooEDbm.pngNB8DT71.png

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, Ultros is kinda rough. But it was... fun rough I guess? But man, I took a Shout RM, and even with crazy damage SB, it's very much a "burn him before he burns you" deal. Mog had Protect, and I actually had a shared Shell that I gave to Setzer (probably not the brightest idea since breaks are really important here, but I wasn't sacrificing my other SB's). I first took Power and Magic Breakdowns, but this was a mistake. Given the whole "dying/resetting stats" thing, Full Break was better, and often the only thing he had on him most times. It wasn't even his def/res ignoring moves that were the big deal. Even with Shell and MB, his Firaga was hitting 2k+. It might have been smoother all around to have just taken a wall instead of going all YOLO with Shout.

edit: Actually dwelling on it a bit, it might have been better to give some of the dps Power/Magic Break, and Setzer with the breakdowns. Would have had the same overall effect. But Celes had Saint Cross and Banishing Blade, which melted p1, Cyan had Flame Blossom and Lifesiphon, which really helped p2, and Shadow had Dismissal and LS, and I was leaning heavily on Dismissal procs.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I don't have portrait of lakshmi or Kefka's hastega so had to RW shout

None of my SBs were actually that useful besides Edgar, Setzer and Shadow

Ended up getting full medals with this setup and managing to dodge the 8k thundajas/6k gigavolts

Edgar @ Excalibur/Crystal Helm++/Maria's Bouquet | Saint Cross R3/Banishing Strike R4 | Mako Might (SB: Drill)
    Gau @ Dragon's Claw/Dragon Armlet++/Lucky Coin | Power Chain R3/Full Charge R3 | Fist of Dawn (SB: shared shellga)
    Shadow @ Ichigeki+/Thief's Bracer/Aries | Lifesiphon R4/Power Break R4 | Adventurer's Dagger (SB: Shadow Fang)
    Setzer @ Rising Sun+/Thief's Bracer/Necrophobe Ward | Magic Breakdown R4/Full Break R3 | Dr Mog's Teachings (SB: Prismatic Flash)
    Mog @ Wyrmfang++/Tungsten Bangle/Cat's Bell | Curaja R5/Protectga R3 | Healer's Prayer (SB: shared medica)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Ulroturosu can definitely crank out some damage, that's for sure.

• Options
    Hrm. Perhaps forgoing Shellga on my CM team for Ultros was a bad move.

• Options
    New plan of attack. Drop Cyan, because Bushido Dragon is sorely outdated by now. Replace with Relm, packing Shellga and Curaga. Dual WHM strategy.

Rest of party is Celes (Runic Blade), Kefka (Forsaken Null), Mog (Heroic Harmony) and Setzer (Dive Bomb).

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Hidon fight is extremely susceptable to drawtaliate. Thank you minions for helping me kill your boss that much faster. Bring a dancer with multibreak to gain all your medals and make the fight that much faster.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Mmm. yeah, gonna have to bail on the Cid Mission. Perhaps if I had a BSB or two in this realm, but as it stands, I don't have what it takes.

----

Why is Hidon even a fight in this event? Strago has nothing to do with Celes or the opera sequence.

Enlong on
  • Options
    His damage output gets easier to deal with if you've got Power and Magic Breakdown ready/casting when the new copy spawns. Or steal power, on Locke.

• Options
    I'll wait and see if someone on Reddit has a poverty team.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    CM U+ mastered with full medals first try...
    I had bigger problems with Hidon because I had a very bad team for it.

U+ team was
    Celes - Banishing Strike, Fira Strike
    Relm - Curaja, Shellga
    Terra - Blizzaja, Alexander
    Locke - Thief's Revenge, Steal Power
    Setzer - Full Break, Magic Breakdown

Unique/Shared SBs used:
    Portrait of Lakshmi
    Magitek Missile
    Power Sash XI (Protectga)

RW:
    Shout
    Only Celes and Terra were level 80. Everyone else was level 65.
    Celes had 461 ATK, Locke had 423. Terra had 510 MAG

Relm and Setzer put their party buffs up first. Celes used Shout, Terra started spamming Alexander and Locke Power stole.
    Fired off all 3 charges of Alexander in the first phase, Celes assisted with some banishings but the first phase was a bit of a conservation/observation. Didn't use Magic Breakdown which is a mistake because he used an Aqua Breath that did ~2k damage and I didn't need to take that much damage. Full Break was held off because I knew I had the most damage in this phase with both Alexander breaking the 9999 round cap and Banishing Strike capping out.
    Second phase went in with a timed immediate Full Break + Power Steal and a follow up Magic Breakdown and Celes led the way in damage. Terra fired off a Blizzaja to test the waters; ~6-7k damage non weakness hit so she's going to be good for the last two phases.
    Third Phase was Terra's turn to shine while Celes was burning off her Fira Strikes as well as the usual timed debuffs from Locke and Setzer. I did a refresh of my buffs during this phase as well as starting to use the Portraits that have been charging up. I also took a turn for Celes to use her default SB, Magic Shield so I had a bit more res against any magic AoEs (which was a good decision IMHO. Gigavolt did nothing)
    Fourth and fifth phases were shorter than I expected. Banishings, Magitek Missiles which did 12-13k a pop, TRs and the padding Blizzajas knocked him out quickly.

Thoughts:
    Terra did a lot more damage than I dared to hope. I knew Ultros had relatively low defenses in all metrics; HP, Def, Res but in the age where bosses take like no magic damage unless they were weak to the damage type, I was nicely surprised that the ajas were still hitting hard on a U+ wihout exploiting weaknesses. Which come to think of it, should be a given that this is Terra's realm and she does have more than 500 MAG without buffs.
    Ultros' tentacle attack hurt Locke a lot even with 253 def. ~500 damage per hit he took but TR made life a lot easier because he was self-sufficient in healing for the most part. I was actually rather fortunate that he didn't hit Celes too much because she had no self-support.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Ultros CM done with mastery, lost one medal for damage. Setzer died in Round 4. HH casts in Rounds 4 and 5 were crucial to keeping the rest alive.
    My only VI SBs are Heroic Harmony and Razor Gale... But I've got a generic 5* sword and spear, a 6* crystal helm and a 5* crystal helm, so not hurting for stats. Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Setzer (65), Mog (65), the DPS had about 570 atk buffed. Locke carried magic break, Edgar had Banishing Blade. Brought Thief's Revenge, Saint Cross and Full Charge, one cast of each plus a 4* skill each per round was enough to dispose of an Orthros health bar (skipped Full Break first round, guess I shouldn't have). RW MGVIII.

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    One shot Ultros CM, but it was with a wacky team that I wouldn't recommend.

The jerk also once countered my banishing strike to remove his buffs with a counter protect.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    100 gem got me Setzer's Fixed Dice, so I may actually go back and try to do the CM for this event, if I can level up enough characters. I found a random Partisan that I'd totally forgotten about (Edgar already learned the SB), so my VI team would be:

Celes - Drain Strike/Saint Cross, Maria's Song, Unbreakable Spellblade
    Edgar - Banishing Strike/Full Charge, Bioblaster, One-Eyed General
    Setzer - Full Break/Magic Breakdown, Fixed Dice, Battleforged
    Locke - Lifesiphon/Armor Break, Valiant Strike, Adventurer's Dagger

Plus either Mog or Relm as a healer with no unique SBs. I'd have to RW Shout, or possibly a Curaga-level medica to make up for the Cure/Cura-level shared SBs. I'm honestly not sure it's even worth trying with no native VI medica and low-level characters (Celes/Edgar/Locke are all around level 65, but everyone else is at level 1).

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Darklyre wrote: Β»
    100 gem got me Setzer's Fixed Dice, so I may actually go back and try to do the CM for this event, if I can level up enough characters. I found a random Partisan that I'd totally forgotten about (Edgar already learned the SB), so my VI team would be:

Plus either Mog or Relm as a healer with no unique SBs. I'd have to RW Shout, or possibly a Curaga-level medica to make up for the Cure/Cura-level shared SBs. I'm honestly not sure it's even worth trying with no native VI medica and low-level characters (Celes/Edgar/Locke are all around level 65, but everyone else is at level 1).

I'd want Setzer and Mog/Relm to be at least level 60... But give Celes the Lifesiphon, use MGVIII as your RW, switch Magic Breakdown for Power, give Locke magic break, and cast Celes' boostga ASAP - MM/Dr Mog? - with Curaja and Protectga on your healer, and you should have a real shot at winning. Take a look at my win, a few posts above yours. I had higher levels than you, but MUCH weaker SBs.

Daffydd on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yep, Auron with Drawtaliate made the Ultimate a peace of cake.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Daffydd wrote: Β»
    Darklyre wrote: Β»

I'd want Setzer and Mog/Relm to be at least level 60... But give Celes the Lifesiphon, use MGVIII as your RW, switch Magic Breakdown for Power, give Locke magic break, and cast Celes' boostga ASAP - MM/Dr Mog? - with Curaja and Protectga on your healer, and you should have a real shot at winning. Take a look at my win, a few posts above yours. I had higher levels than you, but MUCH weaker SBs.

Celes can't use Lifesiphon.

E: Which is okay, if you use Spellblades and have an Imperil SB effect.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Really struggled with the cm as well, even though I have a ton of ffvi rs.
    No hastega/boostga/medic just hurts a lot. If I took shout I ate too much damage and if I took wall it took too long.

In the end I got him with wall, double healer and terra bursting down the last 2 phases with ssb spam.
    Way harder for me than bartz was.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    100gem pull gave me Sabin's SSB, so now I have 2 phys blink sources. I might actually be able to do the Cid mission. I have Realm/SSB, Sabin/SSB, Terra/BSB, Edgar/Drill and I can fill the last slot with something.

Artereis on
  • Options
    Finally scraped together 50 myth for a pull on Opera 1.

Thief's Bracer (#2), Valiant Knife, and Circlet!

Lightbringer would've been nice, but dang those are some good relics, regardless! Now I can try that Burn Everything strat with Terra. Might even try another shot at Ultros + Cid Mission, now that I have considerably more FFVI firepower.

What's the usual method for Locke with Valiant Knife? Steal (stat) + Thief's Revenge?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Finally scraped together 50 myth for a pull on Opera 1.

Thief's Bracer (#2), Valiant Knife, and Circlet!

Lightbringer would've been nice, but dang those are some good relics, regardless! Now I can try that Burn Everything strat with Terra. Might even try another shot at Ultros + Cid Mission, now that I have considerably more FFVI firepower.

What's the usual method for Locke with Valiant Knife? Steal (stat) + Thief's Revenge?

I use Shout so Steal Power has fallen by the wayside lately.

I do Lifesiphon + Thief's Revenge these days with Valiant Knife.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Makes sense.

Still gonna give him Steal Power for Ultros, though. Gotta have that dual breakdown.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    U+ CM Bartz dead:
    Bartz (459 ATK, 328 DEF, Dragoon's Determination)
    Full Charge R3/Steal Defense R2
    -No SB-

Gilgamesh (348 ATK, 383 DEF, back row, Rebel's Might)
    Leeching Leap R5/Blood of the Wyvern R3
    -No SB-

Faris (373 ATK, 297 DEF, back row, Pride of the Red Wings - whoops, she was using a bow -)
    Full Break R2/Power Breakdown R4
    -No SB

Exdeath (309 MND, 374 MAG, 347 DEF, back row, Healer's Prayer II)
    Drainga R1/Curaga R5
    Neo Almagest SB

Lenna (317 MND, 240 DEF, back row, Zeal)
    Protectga R2/Curaja R5
    Shared Medica h35

RW Shout

S/L count: many times
    Medals lost: 6 (2 damage taken, 1 party members KO'd, 3 remove Bartz's haste)

This ended up being mostly about getting an attempt where the two scripted abilities hit at good times for me, hoping that things mostly targeted my absurdly tanky Gilgamesh, and not fucking up any of my DPS. Final attempt ended with Faris and Lenna dead, but Bartz and Gilgamesh were able to finish off the fight. Already cleared with a non-CM team, so I don't need to worry about the medals lost here.

This discussion has been closed.