As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sacred vines! Secret Shamblers starts page 89. [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    get extremely optimised gear

practice your opener until you have the muscle memory perfect

luck into bis legendaries

and uhh no thats it

Don't practice until you get it right

Practice until you can't get it wrong

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    i won 4 bgs im the pvp god

carried by legendaries

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    well I mean I'm playing marksman hunter that's right up there with fire mage right
    I just lucked into two self-healing legendaries instead of two damage-dealing legendaries, and also I am bad or something
    Marksman can be very proc-reliant so you could just be getting bad luck

nah my meters are poor even on my best individual attempts

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    If you are tying to hit 80+% parses there are a few of things I'd recommend.

1) related to what beasteh said - know your opener but even more than that you should be able to do most if your rotation without looking at your bars. If you have a lot of procs/CDs use weak auras to help. If you aren't hitting your simmed dps on dummies go into your class hall and do it
    Until you are (and then some)

2) use a sim program. Guides are great starting out but will only get you to mediocre. To pull every inch out of your character you need to know exactly which stats to gear for and when your stat priorities change and when a certain trinket becomes better because you hit a haste threshold

3) know the fights inside and out. Be aware if the progression of the fight and thinking ahead.

knowing when certain mechanics come up and how to best use your abilities to handle them is how you do consistently good dps. Getting better at s fight as dps isn't just about learning to survive, it's about learning what you can do to maximize your uptime on the boss while fulfilling your duties.

Think about cenarius - if you are just living in the moment watching your bars you might use a dps CD as soon as it comes up, but uh oh, it's time for adds to spawn and you need to move or hold dps to prevent p2 or whatever. So you've lost most of the cd. Or maybe you don't realize how close to p2 it is and your cd doesn't sync with lust

There's tons of little things that come up like this all the time. As Ret I know if ursoc is about to charge I might depriorotize my ranged attacks so that I can use them as he charges away instead of twiddling my thumbs.

i can't tell you what those things are as marks but as you become more familiar with your class and the fights they should become clear

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Top parsing involves

1. Doing mechanics incorrectly
    2. Killing the rest of the top DPS so you can outparse them

Source:

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    So AkimboLegs and Angry answered this for me in game earlier tonight, but I figure I should ask in the thread as well just to get as much input as possible.

Basically; having never played endgame content before Legion, what's the most efficient way to get geared for Heroic/Mythic Dungeons and Raid content? I'm hitting the point where I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels waiting for something to do, and I really want to jump into next level group content as quickly as possible.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    What is Asmongold's deal other than being a tremendous shitlord

• Options
    edited October 2016
    So AkimboLegs and Angry answered this for me in game earlier tonight, but I figure I should ask in the thread as well just to get as much input as possible.

Basically; having never played endgame content before Legion, what's the most efficient way to get geared for Heroic/Mythic Dungeons and Raid content? I'm hitting the point where I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels waiting for something to do, and I really want to jump into next level group content as quickly as possible.

1. Make sure you've finished every zones Pillar quest. It's a dungeon quest, and you get an ilvl 800 piece for it
    2. Go do the "Lock stock and two smoking goblins" quests in Stormheim. That rewards 2x 820ilvl pieces IIRC
    3. Do all the gear WQ's. Gear from WQ's can titanforge. Nothing will bounce up your ilvl like getting an 800 piece that suddenly leaps to 830.
    4. Class order hall set is expensive both in terms of gold and order resources, but several pieces of it can be unlocked quickly, and then upgraded to 840! (It does however require nightfallen rep, so you'll want to raise that asap, by doing those WQ's, quests, ETC.)
    5. I dont consider this optimal but, if you have tons of gold lying around you can buy or make crafted gear to round out super bad pieces. If you're holding some super bad 780 green that just never got upgraded for whatever reason a cheap crafted piece will bring that up to 815.

Once you hit 810(?) you can queue for heroic dungeons. Which reward 825 gear. This will most likely jump up your average ilvl to 820+ very rapidly. Especially as that gear can also warforge and titanforge.

As your ilvl increases from heroics, you'll find that the WQ's on the map are also scaling with you. This gear will eventually hit a point where it's more or less sitting at 830-840 from everything.
    Your emissary boxes will also now scale. Eventually they'll start spitting out 835's that once again can upgrade higher through titanforging.

You can do Mythic dungeons, which drop 840+ gear. It will be... difficult, to find a random group for them at a lower ilvl. Honestly I wouldnt try finding a group for them below 830 because you'll get declined like 99% of the time. But they are fully doable at, or even below, that ilvl. If you make your own group, or tag along with another person, etc.

Lastly, the Emerald nightmare has an LFR difficulty. The ilvl requirement is 825. But it drops 835+ gear. You can queue for it like a heroic dungeon. I fully recommend doing it as soon as you hit that ilvl.

Zenyatoo on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular

World quests are still very good

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Jasconius wrote: »

World quests are still very good

Do every gear world quest and then queue for random dungeons until you get 810. Then queue for heroics or see if there's a guild mythic group going.

I will be doing random dungeons tonight on my freshly leveled blood dk.

rhylith on
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular

One time he got banned for loving wow too much

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

You forget there's a huge market for people who absolutely hate WoW and also play for 80 hours a week.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So, the only thing I've heard of that Asmongold guy is that stunt that he did to prove that Blizz used auto moderation and it could be easily gamed. What's his deal? Is he WoW's Forsen or something?

• Options
    edited October 2016
    i cannot take anyone who unironically uses the term 'big dick' seriously

also he's a trump supporter so, lol

Beasteh on
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    But what if they're referring to an actual big dick, please be reasonable ross

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    my dick is turgid

mythic ursoc down, 400k dps, feelsgoodman

• Options
    my dick is turgid

#TurgidDickDPS ?

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    my dick is turgid

#TurgidDickDPS ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs8LFwViPmo

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    my dick is turgid

#TurgidDickDPS ?

Good burst, sustains kind of eh

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    finally after however many years of farming

mimiron's head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W77xbWW4kTY

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Got Heroic Xav down in a Pug. Phase three is just madhouse trying to squeeze all the dps out before getting mc'd/killed by folks who forget to run blades out.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    holy priest is really good, yo

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    holy priest is really good, yo

The difference in performance between holy and disc is silly. The things I would have to do in disc to get even close to the efficacy of a single holy word was nutso.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Playing through the Illidan Quests makes me want to re-read the War of the Ancients trilogy

I haven't read them since I was like 13 and I am sure they have aged very well

i mean there's a thirty year old human mage who is just ridiculously good looking with an immortal elven wife who goes back in time and just shits all over a bunch of elven spellcasters who are so inexperienced at magic, having only been practising it for ten thousand years, because FUCK YEAH HUMANS and then he basically saves everybody except nope everything is fucked anyway

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Got Heroic Xav down in a Pug. Phase three is just madhouse trying to squeeze all the dps out before getting mc'd/killed by folks who forget to run blades out.

Pugs have a very bad success rate against him, so congrats. There's too many things to fuck up as individuals, and it's a fight that you can have more or less lost even though everyone is still alive due to the corruption mechanic.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    so glad I missed most of that and now the Kirin Tor guy is dorky magedad Khadgar.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    so glad I missed most of that and now the Kirin Tor guy is dorky magedad Khadgar.

Dadgar gives me all the little mana cummies.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I hate it so much

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Meant to do this at legion launch but w/e

Give me your wow tunes friendos

https://open.spotify.com/user/moocowrawrz/playlist/3q3YqHyXaKh00BmHunWUVC

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    as a mage this is the only track i ever need to listen to during raids (and all other times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA

So for like a month now Warriors have been searching EVERYWHERE for the arms Hidden skin.

Turns out it just doesn't activate until 7.1 and everyone can just get the quest

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    that

is garbage

• Options
    meanwhile frost dks are on suicide watch

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh and by the by, tomorrow night I'm off, and have nothing going on as far as I can tell.

SKRAGG RAID?!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

I wonder if it has anything to do with those illusions of arthas like one I found in Thunder Totem downstairs.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

I wonder if it has anything to do with those illusions of arthas like one I found in Thunder Totem downstairs.

Someone would have found it by now if it did.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    destro's is summoning a demon inside our class hall and hoping for it to drop

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Just going over the most recent unlocked PVP talent on my warrior.

Just noticed that the prot version is Bodyguard, which lets me absorb 40% of a friendly target's damage for a full minute.

That's.... actually really awesome.

That makes prot way less of a liability in an arena. Hmm.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    If you want to troll the 1100s sure.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Oh and by the by, tomorrow night I'm off, and have nothing going on as far as I can tell.

SKRAGG RAID?!

You will be the very first warrior to come on a shambler raid this expansion

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.