As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

America: a [chat]rospective

simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a differencetoday, a differenceRegistered User regular
Hey friends, I am currently in a car so I cannot write up my full review of America! This OP is a placeholder until I get back to my computer! For now here are some of my dynamite tweets from America

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Fascinating.

Writes notes in doughnut.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I knew Kishibashi's latest album was going to be about his marriage, which was crumbling to pieces for a bit there and is maybe kind of stable now, but

jeez

he doesn't talk about it much in interviews but he like.. never sings like this, it's really different, and just really

like, knowing the rest of his work, this is really vulnerable and raw in comparison and it's almost hard to listen to

I'm amazed he's going on tour with this

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    also here's a tweet that isn't America (except that I acquired the second print in Atlanta) which has a heap of likes because both artists retwooted it

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You're killing me, Smalls.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Bloody Beach was goddamn awesome live

One of my friends at the front with me knew nothing about them and then they started with this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wmO_JeFP3T8

And after five seconds she was like okay this is the best

It's the perfect song for starting a concert. Do you feel like dancing? Dang dam dadam

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I'd post some lyrics but the album just came out today and nobody's got them written up yet

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    But did you go noodling with a fat redneck?

• Options
    edited September 2016
    also like, his attitude in interviews is so muted compared to how he usually is

I'm just like

uh

a-are you ok over there kaoru

are you sure

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Simon may be more American than me now

*eagle weeps*

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    As always, i dedicate this time at the burger joint to @surrealitycheck

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I knew Kishibashi's latest album was going to be about his marriage, which was crumbling to pieces for a bit there and is maybe kind of stable now, but

jeez

he doesn't talk about it much in interviews but he like.. never sings like this, it's really different, and just really

like, knowing the rest of his work, this is really vulnerable and raw in comparison and it's almost hard to listen to

I'm glad I ended up not buying tickets then

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Wow I finished a C project and it's more than an hour before it's due, it must have been divine intervention.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    On the one hand, Guinan feels poorly written in meeting the Borg; she should have been more forthcoming, more quickly and more urgently

On the other hand, this early Q who only cares about the lives of the mortals who interest him and then only barely is pleasantly unsettling like the classic kind of mercurial fey

Also weird that the Borg are a collective mind but preserve the individual bodies? The show really doesn't engage with AI too much aside from Data, and even then only through the lens of simulacrum

Oh man I forgot about the Borg babies

They did a really good job of making them super creepy and vast with minimal sets

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

jeez

I'm glad I ended up not buying tickets then

I mean it's still dancy pop music and beautiful strings etc., it's honestly some of his better stuff in a lot of cases and I'll be happy to go see him perform (also I'm sure he won't just perform stuff of this album)

it's just

obviously written from a not-so-great place

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Is there no goddamn way to tell Google to stop showing me NY Post stories?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Honestly though

After the trauma of assimilation I bet being part of the Borg might be a relief, or even a kind of paradise

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Is there no goddamn way to tell Google to stop showing me NY Post stories?

stop reading them, transfixed like a man watching a trainwreck

• Options
    Like, this is really fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nau9z_YiGJA

but in the larger context of the album it's like, painfully idealistic -- and his usual pop-sweetness is interspersed with these occasional lines that pretty much interrupt the theme, questioning it directly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNCKIautZzQ

and this one is also super fun and dancy and great and has been a favorite jam since it was released (these two were singles) but again, in the context of the album, it's kind of devastating

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    garcon means boy.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    garcon means boy.

nothing
    means
    boy like garçon

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Porp was bored waiting to pick #1 from school so she streamed on FB from the car...and got 60 viewers. What.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    @Hahnsoo1

RE: Scrubs as the most accurate medical show

It's always the comedies, isn't it?

Down Periscope is by far the most accurate depiction modern submarines in film, and it's a silly formulaic underdog comedy.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    gars con means dumb guy.

the little ç is importante.

• Options
    Porp was bored waiting to pick #1 from school so she streamed on FB from the car...and got 60 viewers. What.

next step - streaming from the bedroom

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

next step - streaming from the bedroom

Ayyyyyyy

• Options
  • Options
    Hey Landshark.

Nice Avatar.

• Options
    21st you have until monday

• Options
    21st you have until monday

i won't do it.

Put your money where your mouth is right now.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Wearing a cactuar seems risky. Any random passerbye with a charged overdrive would unload on you on general principle.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Vinnie Jones singing a love song still hasn't gotten old

https://youtu.be/T85y4s4RPPk

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Amazing things built in DQ Builders. Read a review that that said it had great boss fights.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8500251.html

Here is another cool thing about it. From Wikipedia:

"The game is set in Alefgard, the world of the original Dragon Quest. The game is based on a parallel ending of Dragon Quest: before the final battle, the hero accepted the evil Dragonlord's suggestion - each rules a half of the world. But that's indeed a trap, and the hero was eliminated, then the world was dominated by monsters. With time passing by, a new hero (the player character) appears to revive the desolate world. Players gather "material" all over the world in order to rebuild the land of Alefgard from scratch."

Krathoon on
  • Options
    there is literally a song on this album with the subtitle "A slow dirge"

I just

buddy

• Options
    I dont post much over the weekend. Friends just came over to drink and game. See ya Monday.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Wearing a cactuar seems risky. Any random passerbye with a charged overdrive would unload on you on general principle.

Or they may drill you instead, which may be fun?

• Options
    I dont post much over the weekend. Friends just came over to drink and game. See ya Monday.

Remember, Landshark.

Threats lose all credibility if not enacted.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Remember, Landshark.

Threats lose all credibility if not enacted.

*monitors you from one province over*

This discussion has been closed.