As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For Honor: When three honours isn't enough and you forgot your "U"s.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So I am trying to find a way to download the open beta for this for this weekend on PS4 and cannot seem to find it. And the button on their website is grayed out. Is there not going to be a PS4 open beta?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    So I am trying to find a way to download the open beta for this for this weekend on PS4 and cannot seem to find it. And the button on their website is grayed out. Is there not going to be a PS4 open beta?

There is a ps4 beta, I just did a search for For Honor Beta on the store and it came up, it might have shown up late?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    oh is there an open beta now?? been wanting to try this sucker out

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Apparently there was some kind of background snafu with the PS$ beta, it's going to be up for preload later this morning per Ubisoft.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Open beta is the 9th to the 12th

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Open Beta is live and this game is DOPE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    downloading nowwwww

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    This game is Extremely Good

Add me (scroogedriver) on uplay

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Headbutting Samurai as a Viking Warlord is cool and fun, I recommend it wholeheartedly

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    So far I am liking the Peacekeeper a whole lot

The guard break->shiv combo makes a lot of folks panic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Might as well ask in here too

Anyone down for a PS4 group tonight? Stabbing is better with friends!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    If anyone needs PC pals I'm AvalonTwo on uPlay and AvalonGuard on Steam.

There's a lot of this game in my near future.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The beta of this was fun, for the most part.

There's a few things I have issues with:
    • If you don't have the recommended specs, probably stay away. The game kicks you to the main menu if you're running it under 30fps for more than a few seconds.
    • The room locking is terrible coming and going; about 2/3rds of my attempts to search for multiplayer games were foiled by a room being full, leading me to get kicked back out to the main menu and having to start the search over, and then you get basically locked into your room in between rounds if you don't quit at the right time. Once you get to the next round, you're stuck with that shit through about a minute and a half of loading screens.
    • A few classes are comically unbalanced if you know the right move or moves. There's a couple matchups that are way out of whack as well.
    I don't know whether the gains in Steel are going to be the same as they were in the beta, but I hope so. You can pretty much kit out a class with a few hours of play, so you probably won't be struggling in obscurity for ages against people who just have straight up better gear than you.

I like the dude with the flail, although I'm afraid he'll get busted when people realize that most of them can get in their bash attack (X/square) without being in any danger. The samurai vanguard feels like cheating.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    the beta was fun to play around in, I'll probably pick this up when it's like £20? not particularly interest for full price

Warden was my go to. Never stop shoulder bashing.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I like the dude with the flail, although I'm afraid he'll get busted when people realize that most of them can get in their bash attack (X/square) without being in any danger. The samurai vanguard feels like cheating.

Yeah the Kensei being able to do an unblockable attack just by spamming heavy swing is pretty silly. I feel like they should take that out but leave the light light heavy combo, because at least that involves some timing and switching your attack button.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Also getting an unblockable out of the bash attack combo is ridiculous.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i am unsure where i should get this game. i got a pc that can run it, and a ps4. where can i likely get the most regular group?

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I know a bunch of people are picking it up on PC in G+T and my own friend group. Not sure where SE++ folks are gonna be.

• Options
    also, real disappointed the one class i've wanted to play since i saw it was never in the beta. what the heck?

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Had a lot of fun with the open beta! I think I'm sold on it, but not for $60 -- I just don't feel that there's enough content for that. I liked that it had a mode with a bunch of scrub soldiers, but it felt like a minor throw-away mode instead of some huge Dynasty Warriors type thing that it really should be.

Spent most of my time with the Kensei. I don't think its unblockable move is especially broken. It has a long wind-up with a visible fiery tell; all you have to do to avoid it is dodge back. Then you can dodge forward to punish.

I'd like to come back to this when it's on sale, though that means I'll be jumping in as a low-skill player against some long-refined badasses. The skill match thing should help there, especially if sales result in a large influx of new players.

Hope they support it well. They're onto something here, but as with Splatoon, it feels like it isn't quite enough just yet to stand alone.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Yeah the Kensei being able to do an unblockable attack just by spamming heavy swing is pretty silly. I feel like they should take that out but leave the light light heavy combo, because at least that involves some timing and switching your attack button.

Kensei unblockable is only upper heavy. So, from one direction, and slow. And unlike left or right attacks, uppers will not land if all you do is a side dodge. Even off of a grab, that unblockable requires you to start with the second hit of a combo, and replace the third with the upper heavy.

• Options
    THIS GAME WAS P GOOD

BUT NOW IT HAS LAWBRINGER

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    also, real disappointed the one class i've wanted to play since i saw it was never in the beta. what the heck?

Valkyrie?

She's the one I'm most interested in too.

• Options
    The story mode is a lot more boilerplate than I'd hoped so far, but I am only at 1.3
    The biggest badass of the Knight faction, and also that faction being based on Roman military doctrine are both cool surprises

• Options

Valkyrie?

She's the one I'm most interested in too.

no, lawbringer. pole axes are the way.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I returned to the ways of the conqueror after abandoning them during the last beta. It feels so good to be home.

• Options
    i got it on PC after seeing it was on sale there.

My uplay name is Meldisaur. I have been playing Conqueror and Lawbringer.

I have nicknamed my lawbringer "Guns" and i got yelled at in a match for just constantly saying "Guns!"

So, i am playing this game right.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular

I have nicknamed my lawbringer "Guns" and i got yelled at in a match for just constantly saying "Guns!"

You're getting there, but you can't say you've played correctly until you get someone to rage-quit as a result of your free cliff diving lessons.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Blue map wrote: »

You're getting there, but you can't say you've played correctly until you get someone to rage-quit as a result of your free cliff diving lessons.

oh, i did that in the alpha.

• Options

oh, i did that in the alpha.
    Oh yeah, you're good then.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'm shocked I like this game as much as I do.

LockedOnTarget is my PSN if anyone wants to play on PS4 sometime.

• Options
    did three brawls with the same teammate, they got progressively worse. First round we both died, then we kept doign pretty well, but he kept dying. out of a total of 10 rounds, he died 4 times.

Luckily Guns is unkillable.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I am loving Iron Pineapple and yung maestro's videos.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Playing through the story and 'You have lost connection to ubisoft servers'

Urgh why did I forget that Ubisoft likes this dumb bullshit

• Options
    so, anyone else get this for PC? i'm getting real good at conqueror

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    This game is radddddd.

Rented it on PS4 but I might buy the PC version next week.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options

iMOyYCB.png

• Options
    I like this game, play it on PC, and would like to play it with other people. My Uplay is EightFrameHero if anyone wants to add me.