As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Secret Santa 2016

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    An LED with _how_ many lumens stuck _where?_

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hey I can see my insides from here!

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Well all can, man, we _all_ can. :bigfrown:

So there I was, unloading groceries, when I noticed a box tucked under the meter. I was expecting some stuff from Amazon, then I noticed the label said 'Games Workshop.' I hadn't ordered anything from Games Workshop!

(lately)

I opened it up, and-

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Thanks @Halos Nach Tariff !!! Yeah, it's a shame that GW didn't put out rocking new sisters models in time for Christmas, but the Sister Superior and Annhilation Barge are going to be put to good! I'll reeanct the battle of Sanctuary 101, but this time, the Necrons will looooooooooose!

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Yo, Santee your final present goes out tomorrow!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
      Thanks @Halos Nach Tariff !!! Yeah, it's a shame that GW didn't put out rocking new sisters models in time for Christmas, but the Sister Superior and Annhilation Barge are going to be put to good! I'll reeanct the battle of Sanctuary 101, but this time, the Necrons will looooooooooose!

You're quite welcome!

In Santa related news today i received a letter from Parcelforce informing me they have a package for me, though to pry it from their curmudgeonly fingers they do want some of hard earned British pennies alas.
      The toll payed hopefully I should have whatever treats santa has prepared for me in my clutches by tomorrow.

• Options
      crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
      I got a thing the other day that said a gift was on its way to my Santee, but I have no idea when it's set to arrive so that's a thing!

• Options
      DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif
      I came home tonight to find a mysterious package under my door, one that I did not remember ordering. Eagerly, I tore into it to discover...
      IMG_20161209_000826_zpsn7jbh2q2.jpg
      The fabled Tome of Comrad'or, He Who Is Friend, in which he "set downe rulls fyr gettyng alonge wyth othirs". Countless folks have used this book as a guide to a richer and more rewarding life, and now I can be one of their number!

This is super-exciting! "Fellowship" is one of those games that's Different And Unique, which is something that I treasure. Also, the book is just beautiful: the pages have a gentle beige tint to them, the art has a feel pretty distinct from the more mainstream games like D&D and its ilk (it looks like high-quality fan-fic, which I think plays well with some of the themes of the game), and each chapter is designated with one of those seven symbols from the cover. Just having this on my shelf is going to be a joy!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any indication of my Santa's identity! There was no note packed in (indeed, there's no definite indication that this was a gift from my Santa, but I can't imagine any other scenario), so I don't know whom to thank! Oh Santa my Santa, please make yourself known!

• Options
      Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
      Holy shit, that is a gorgeous book.

ALSO: My Santee's gift was delivered today, well ahead of schedule! Dear beneficiary: you live in the UK. Get your stuff from your neighbour and enjoy!

Currently Playing:
      The Division, Warframe (XB1)
      GT: Tanith 6227
    • Options
      crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
      Delduwath wrote: »
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif
      I came home tonight to find a mysterious package under my door, one that I did not remember ordering. Eagerly, I tore into it to discover...
      IMG_20161209_000826_zpsn7jbh2q2.jpg
      The fabled Tome of Comrad'or, He Who Is Friend, in which he "set downe rulls fyr gettyng alonge wyth othirs". Countless folks have used this book as a guide to a richer and more rewarding life, and now I can be one of their number!

This is super-exciting! "Fellowship" is one of those games that's Different And Unique, which is something that I treasure. Also, the book is just beautiful: the pages have a gentle beige tint to them, the art has a feel pretty distinct from the more mainstream games like D&D and its ilk (it looks like high-quality fan-fic, which I think plays well with some of the themes of the game), and each chapter is designated with one of those seven symbols from the cover. Just having this on my shelf is going to be a joy!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any indication of my Santa's identity! There was no note packed in (indeed, there's no definite indication that this was a gift from my Santa, but I can't imagine any other scenario), so I don't know whom to thank! Oh Santa my Santa, please make yourself known!
      I got a thing the other day that said a gift was on its way to my Santee, but I have no idea when it's set to arrive so that's a thing!

For those playing along at home, "Today" (well, yesterday) was the correct answer!

Glad you like it @Delduwath! Pretty RPG books scratch an itch for me as well, so I was excited to have a Santee that shares those sensibilities. I'm happy it came out so nice and shipped so quickly!

• Options
      Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

ALSO: My Santee's gift was delivered today, well ahead of schedule! Dear beneficiary: you live in the UK. Get your stuff from your neighbour and enjoy!

Instructions unclear
      Bought ticket to London

• Options
      Oh man, the puzzle pieces were right in front of me!

Thanks, @crimsoncoyote! These were some really great gifts!

For those spectating at home, apparently Fellowship also came with digital versions of the book (the regular book; a version of the regular book but with plain white pages; the "playbook", which is an abbreviated 40-page version with just the essential rules; an art-free version of the playbook; and a high-quality version of the playbook), which crimsoncoyote sent my way this morning. I grabbed the books, cc, so we're good to go on that front. Thank you for your attention to detail!

• Options
      Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
      edited December 2016

Instructions unclear
      Bought ticket to London
      As you disembark at Heathrow, a non-descript man walks up beside you, mutters "Hello, neighbour," and hands you a manila envelope before disappearing into a cluster of travelers. Inside the envelope: a handwritten note that reads, "You have completed the first leg of your journey. But if you would taste of the Bugbear Special, you must next find your way to a secluded shrine at the base of Mount Fuji ..."

Iron Weasel on
      Currently Playing:
      The Division, Warframe (XB1)
      GT: Tanith 6227
    • Options
      Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
      Gifts Sent sooner than I was expecting!

Expect them in 5-7 Days!

• Options
      Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
      Having wrested my mysterious parcel from the claws of Her Majesty's Customs Office I was greeted with this entirely intact and undented box, such treasure!

DSCN0464_zps0q0ctb5t.jpg

Within the box, another, different, glossier box:

DSCN0465_zpszdmy8yfz.jpg

Possibly within here lie smaller boxes? Further investigation required.

But, yes, a new game in which I might crush my friends and enemies, or, more likely, feel the wrath of their dice-based acumen.
      Also in the box was a missive noting that my somewhat limited forum time has me rather typecast, which is not entirely unaccurate, sorry for making things difficult @Bursar and thank you very much for this shiny new game, which I greatly look forwards to busting out when everyone is immobilised from Xmas overindulgence.

• Options
      BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
      Also in the box was a missive noting that my somewhat limited forum time has me rather typecast, which is not entirely unaccurate

What? No! That was an attempt at humor!
      "You're a hard person to nail down... except for (list of 5 things you post about a lot)"

I'm glad it got to you! Surprisingly, both my Secret Santa presents were delivered on the same day, so now my part of the deal is complete. Time to sit back and wait...

GNU Terry Pratchett
      PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
      Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
      Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
    • Options
      Haha, don't worry, I was also attempting humour, your note got a good laugh out of me.

• Options
      BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Something was waah-ting for me in the mailbox, but luckily I have the appropriate man for the task.
      IMG_20161209_1919241_zpsbfzrasaq.jpg
      Private waah-curity.

Inside was a quartet of gifts!

IMG_20161209_1921551_zpsgythz84f.jpg
      Two sets of Chessex dice, in fancy black-red gold (magma fortune) and green-purple gold (Mardi Gras at the Joker's).
      An expansion for Ninja Dice!
      And a Metal Earth metal folding AT-AT Walker, which will be sure to keep me busy and pinch my fingers like a mofo. It certainly looks like a challenge, and will do well in my quest to keep my house as child-unfriendly as possible.

Thank you, @ElderCat !

GNU Terry Pratchett
      PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
      Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
      Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
    • Options
      Hey Santee:
      Updated Delivery Day: Saturday, December 10, 2016

• Options
        ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
        Bursar wrote: »
        GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Something was waah-ting for me in the mailbox, but luckily I have the appropriate man for the task.
        IMG_20161209_1919241_zpsbfzrasaq.jpg
        Private waah-curity.

Inside was a quartet of gifts!

IMG_20161209_1921551_zpsgythz84f.jpg
        Two sets of Chessex dice, in fancy black-red gold (magma fortune) and green-purple gold (Mardi Gras at the Joker's).
        An expansion for Ninja Dice!
        And a Metal Earth metal folding AT-AT Walker, which will be sure to keep me busy and pinch my fingers like a mofo. It certainly looks like a challenge, and will do well in my quest to keep my house as child-unfriendly as possible.

Thank you, @ElderCat !

I did Slave I last year from secret Santa and man, carefully read the instructions and twist the pegs to make sure it is tight. So satisfying when it's done though.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
      • Options
        MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
        Putting this in the right thread.

So it looks like TimFiji was my G&T Santa! Which is so funny, because he was my CF Santee!

PCSrAYV.jpg
        yy1NRdO.jpg

My girls love the TIE and X-Wing. And my oldest is already looking at the pictures in the 5th Edition book (she does this to all my RPG books). Thanks so much and I am glad you liked your Inis game.

Timm, was I your G&T target or your CF target? I might need to re-post this on the other thread!

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
        Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
      • Options
        MagicPrime wrote: »
        Putting this in the right thread.

So it looks like TimFiji was my G&T Santa! Which is so funny, because he was my CF Santee!

PCSrAYV.jpg
        yy1NRdO.jpg

My girls love the TIE and X-Wing. And my oldest is already looking at the pictures in the 5th Edition book (she does this to all my RPG books). Thanks so much and I am glad you liked your Inis game.

Timm, was I your G&T target or your CF target? I might need to re-post this on the other thread!

Yay! did my first wave games/presents make it too?! Hanabi and Love Letter?!

• Options
          Yes, they did! I posted them earlier.

• Options
          MagicPrime wrote: »
          Yes, they did! I posted them earlier.

Oh sorry. I thought I read em all. Well hope you enjoyed everything!

• Options
            MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
            Gift is on the way!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
          • Options
            WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
            Gift should be dispatching in a day or two. Mwahahaaaaaaa.

Also, I must post about my own gift when I return home this evening!

• Options
            Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
            edited December 2016
            My Santee should be getting their gift on Friday

Correction: Apparently the tracking now says Wednesday, but I've seen it moved up then back again before.

Zombie Hero on
            Steam
            Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
            Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
            3ds: 3282-2248-0453
          • Options
            Be aware, Santee, that I have gathered all the material components for my Spell of Givening. I believe that the stars shall be right for it to be cast sometime this week.

• Options
            UPS has alerted me that a 9 lb box is heading my way today. I am excited! I am also curious as to what it can be and who it is from!

Santa if you sent me something please have someone boop me in PM and let me know which santa it is from! I signed up for a few secret santas this year

• Options
            GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
            My person should be getting their presents on Monday :D

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
            Island Name: Felinefine
          • Options
            No gizzy it got delivered today I just got the email. I know it was you! Even though im at work still. I know things. Via guesses

• Options
            GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Ok well I was right about the couple, but suspected the wrong person!

So a rather large box appeared on my doorstep today. Better send someone in to investigate. Someone who's... already dead?
            lGWV5Hkl.jpg

He says it's fine. Korra agrees.
            3QmVj7al.jpg

Oh hey look! Warm wishes and warm sweaters
            USzSrHHl.jpg
            LFdpjQbl.jpg

I love shooting my friends! And hearing about critters! And looking out for beasts!

So the first thing I opened was the DVD of What we do in Shadows, which is an awesome funny vampire documentary. I am happy to add this to my collection! My phone was not happy to take a picture of it. Every time I did, it just ended up being a shot of the bare floor. Apparently that's.... a thing?

The next package is a game called Dead Last, which I had not heard of before but the back of it sounds like it will fit in with our game group PERFECTLY. It's a 'social collusion' game where you can basically betray anyone and everyone and it sounds nuts and hectic and like a thing i very much want to try out.
            9NCoPRHl.jpg

Next up is a book I heard a bunch of really good things about but haven't had the money to look into getting just yet. Now I don't have to worry!
            05gf0Fkl.jpg
            As a DM for a podcast, I will be making much use of this for reference info or creature society ideas or, really, the possibilities are endless. There's some gorgeous artwork in here and I can't wait to dig into it more.

And last but certainly not least, the biggest present of them all.
            HqtLfTGl.jpg
            Holy shit. I've been wanting this game for ages! I saw some folks play it and it seemed like such a cool idea that it sort of needled its way into my brain and I knew I had to make it mine at some point. Once again, you knocked it out of the park.

I'm starting to notice that a lot of the games I play with my friends involves betrayal. Hrm. Should I be worried?

Here's a shot of the group of things before they go to their respective home locations!
            OAuuZCCl.jpg

And now the board games settle down into the neighborhood
            8Qrmp5ml.jpg

Thanks a ton, @Zombie Hero ! You killed it and I am smiling from ear to ear and can't wait until the next game night so I can play these games with friends.
            Cheers!

• Options
            KoregKoreg Registered User regular
            I have been informed by my coworkers that I have a box awaiting me when I come in to work tomorrow! Oh joyous day! I can't wait

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
          • Options
            ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
            edited December 2016
            GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

A package arrives! It's super heavy!
            UngznJql.jpg

My oldest helps me investigate the box of mystery.
            XDSPMavl.jpg
            Incoming Transmission - Level 5 ENCRYPTION
            Admiral ArcSyn, Your loyalty to the Empire and skilled command has not gone unnoticed. These interceptors, once part of the Suicide Squadron will serve you well.
            HDdguhP.jpg
            Imperial Veterans! This is so fantastic because I need another defender and bomber and the cards that come in this are AMAZING. Hopefully I can get a few games in over Christmas vacation and destroy some filthy Rebels. Also perfect timing because I'm going to see Rogue One tonight!
            A Spirit Am I Giving Rice Treats This Christmas Panda Santa Claus
            BZoJME0l.jpg
            I've been wanting to play this since I saw it on Tabletop. I love the drafting mechanic (I have 7 Wonders) but more quickly played and lighter. Plus my wife and I and some of our kids love sushi, so this will go over extremely well!
            You can't just send me a miscellaneous list and not expect something odd to show up in the mail! I know we are supposed to send games, but random skillet is just too funny!
            lxlzxQF.jpg
            Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! This is hilarious! I had added this to my misc wish list because Amazon gives you some rudimentary price tracking so I could watch for a sale. My wife has been saying it would be nice to have a cast iron skillet but I can't buy it as a Christmas present because it's a house utility item and her dad got her mom a vacuum one year and any presents like that are called "a vacuum".

So great, Santa! I feel like you have given me clues as to who you are but I haven't figured it out yet. If these aren't clues, then feel free to let me know! Thank you!

Edit: @Grunt's Ghosts Thank you!

ArcSyn on
            4dm3dwuxq302.png
          • Options
            Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
            I thought I clicked Interceptors, but that works as well.

And... there is one more package coming. Smaller, lighter, but it shipped first, arrived in your town first, and will get delivered last.

Go Figure.

• Options
            KoregKoreg Registered User regular
            My research technician just rushed in a new patient!

"Sir, this just arrived for you!" He said
            IMG_20161215_095822_zpsloajpdic.jpg

I take one look at it "Good lord, it's literally bulging we need to operate star!"

My snot nosed tech replies "But sir! You're not a medical doctor, you can't operate!"

Of course I ignored him, he doesn't even have a Bachelor's degree.

I don my gloves and begin the first incision.
            IMG_20161215_095828_zpsd9lknyiz.jpg

After opening I find a note. Someone purposefully did this!
            IMG_20161215_095910_zpsc7aqddnp.jpg

Also it appears as if all of the organs are wrapped in some sort of...paper!
            IMG_20161215_095944_zpskpipyaxn.jpg

I carefully remove the paper and begin the work of rearranging the organs back into their proper shape.

After hours of sweaty work it appears that I am a horrid surgeon. The patient is dead.

But that's OK, I can write this up as a vivisection and not get sued!
            IMG_20161215_100243_zps24mv3fow.jpg

Thank you so much Mamawolf! This is a hell of a haul. You're absolutely amazing.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
          • Options
            MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
            Koreg wrote: »
            My research technician just rushed in a new patient!

"Sir, this just arrived for you!" He said
            IMG_20161215_095822_zpsloajpdic.jpg

I take one look at it "Good lord, it's literally bulging we need to operate star!"

My snot nosed tech replies "But sir! You're not a medical doctor, you can't operate!"

Of course I ignored him, he doesn't even have a Bachelor's degree.

I don my gloves and begin the first incision.
            IMG_20161215_095828_zpsd9lknyiz.jpg

After opening I find a note. Someone purposefully did this!
            IMG_20161215_095910_zpsc7aqddnp.jpg

Also it appears as if all of the organs are wrapped in some sort of...paper!
            IMG_20161215_095944_zpskpipyaxn.jpg

I carefully remove the paper and begin the work of rearranging the organs back into their proper shape.

After hours of sweaty work it appears that I am a horrid surgeon. The patient is dead.

But that's OK, I can write this up as a vivisection and not get sued!
            IMG_20161215_100243_zps24mv3fow.jpg

Thank you so much Mamawolf! This is a hell of a haul. You're absolutely amazing.

Glad you got it!!! Hope you enjoy it!! I tried my best!! Hope the holiday season is great to you!! <3

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
          • Options
            MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
            edited December 2016
            ArcSyn wrote: »
            Incoming Transmission - Level 5 ENCRYPTION
            Admiral ArcSyn, Your loyalty to the Empire and skilled command has not gone unnoticed. These interceptors, once part of the Suicide Squadron will serve you well.
            HDdguhP.jpg

The Suicide Squadron comment was a dead giveaway. Nimbles FTW!

MNC Dover on
            Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
            Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
            Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
            Steam ID
            Twitch Page
          • Options
            Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
            GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Ok well I was right about the couple, but suspected the wrong person!

So a rather large box appeared on my doorstep today. Better send someone in to investigate. Someone who's... already dead?
            lGWV5Hkl.jpg

He says it's fine. Korra agrees.
            3QmVj7al.jpg

Oh hey look! Warm wishes and warm sweaters
            USzSrHHl.jpg
            LFdpjQbl.jpg

I love shooting my friends! And hearing about critters! And looking out for beasts!

So the first thing I opened was the DVD of What we do in Shadows, which is an awesome funny vampire documentary. I am happy to add this to my collection! My phone was not happy to take a picture of it. Every time I did, it just ended up being a shot of the bare floor. Apparently that's.... a thing?

The next package is a game called Dead Last, which I had not heard of before but the back of it sounds like it will fit in with our game group PERFECTLY. It's a 'social collusion' game where you can basically betray anyone and everyone and it sounds nuts and hectic and like a thing i very much want to try out.
            9NCoPRHl.jpg

Next up is a book I heard a bunch of really good things about but haven't had the money to look into getting just yet. Now I don't have to worry!
            05gf0Fkl.jpg
            As a DM for a podcast, I will be making much use of this for reference info or creature society ideas or, really, the possibilities are endless. There's some gorgeous artwork in here and I can't wait to dig into it more.

And last but certainly not least, the biggest present of them all.
            HqtLfTGl.jpg
            Holy shit. I've been wanting this game for ages! I saw some folks play it and it seemed like such a cool idea that it sort of needled its way into my brain and I knew I had to make it mine at some point. Once again, you knocked it out of the park.

I'm starting to notice that a lot of the games I play with my friends involves betrayal. Hrm. Should I be worried?

Here's a shot of the group of things before they go to their respective home locations!
            OAuuZCCl.jpg

And now the board games settle down into the neighborhood
            8Qrmp5ml.jpg

Thanks a ton, @Zombie Hero ! You killed it and I am smiling from ear to ear and can't wait until the next game night so I can play these games with friends.
            Cheers!

Awesome, I'm glad you like them. Dead Last seems like a really interesting game, let me know how that one goes. Dead of Winter seemed to be the exact game you were describing in your provided wish list description. I wanted to get you something you could use for your podcast, because i know you put in a ton of work for it, and Volo had good reviews as far as i could tell. I flipped through a copy at the bookstore and it looked really awesome (disclaimer: monster manuals are by far my favorite part of any rpg system)

Steam
            Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
            Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
            3ds: 3282-2248-0453
          • Options
            (disclaimer: monster manuals are by far my favorite part of any rpg system)
            Yes.

A thousand times yes.

I want monster manuals without any stats or rules. Just dozens of pages of weirdo creatures with lore, and discussions of their cuisine, and so on.

• Options
            edited December 2016
            GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

@TimFiji -- IS THIS FROM YOU!?!?!

dhmccthuux8p.png

MagicPrime on