As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Secret Santa 2016

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

@TimFiji -- IS THIS FROM YOU!?!?!

dhmccthuux8p.png

No haha, but I like how your G&T santa and CF Santa just kind of cross threads to get you presents. I wish I could take credit, but that is a fantastic game - enjoy!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
      Good job, everybody. This looks like a great Secret Santa this year.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    • Options
      mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
      edited December 2016
      Getting slightly concerned about my santee's present reaching it's destination :/

I ordered it directly from a place who said around 10 days to get there (other side of the world basically) but it's been 17 days now.

mere_immortal on
      Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    • Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      I thought I clicked Interceptors, but that works as well.

And... there is one more package coming. Smaller, lighter, but it shipped first, arrived in your town first, and will get delivered last.

Go Figure.

GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

A package! Along with 3 other packages of stuff I had ordered from Amazon!
      9YDxZDil.jpg
      Funny that I'm trying to get you to guess my name and this card game is about that! May you and your henchmen enjoy this expansion and New Year!
      xDZOROM.jpg
      Monikers Something Something! Yes, that's the actual name. I have Monikers and Monikers Shmonikers and its one of our favorite games when the whole family is together! This will be FANTASTIC for Christmas! Thank you!

Thank you @Grunt's Ghosts! Some awesome stuff you have provided for entertainment all around! I've already got my ships tucked away in their case. Working on a new squad to use them as well.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
      edited December 2016
      Wait there are expansions to Monikers!?

<adds to future wish list>

crimsoncoyote on
    • Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      Wait there are expansions to Monikers!?

<adds to future wish list>

Yup! Shmonikers has a bunch of blank cards to make your own as well. Something Something doesn't come with any blanks. Both add some great options. Plus, they're not too expensive.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
      Gift Away!

Steam ID: Webguy20
      Origin ID: Discgolfer27
      Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    • Options
      DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Cz7h1v0VQAAbfPx.jpg
      Cz7h1v1VEAMoLth.jpg
      Cz7h1v0UkAAzu84.jpg

Thanks so much @mere_immortal !
      This guy is a beast! I can't wait to get him on the painting table!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    • Options
      Wow I just looked up a finished version and that thing is going to be amazing!

• Options
      Yay it got there! Hopefully it will be useful, the thing I mostly know about 40k is that people seemed to love forgeworld stuff so I picked what looked the coolest and stuck to your brief!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    • Options
      Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
      Holy schneikes! Noice!

• Options
      Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
      edited December 2016
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

While I was out with my four year-old yesterday afternoon, a Mysterious Package arrived! Were those winged dice on the packing tape?
      zs86tkv.jpg

I opened the box and found several beautifully-wrapped packages inside! My daughter, looking on, asked the most pressing question of all: can I play with the bubble wrap? (Yes.)
      bXXljYA.jpg

I managed to convince my daughter to help me unwrap the gifts before she took off, though - and what a bounty within!
      tlK6vb5.jpg
      (The dark object behind Time Stories is my daughter cheekily not-photobombing)

In the accompanying card, my Santa explained that my suggestions had been disregarded in favour of some games that he thought I'd enjoy - and what a wise decision that turned out to be! Getting a Secret Santa gift is rad - but a gift you never expected? Double rad.

Mysterium is a cooperative game quite well-received here, in which the ghost of a murder victim tries to help a team of psychics identify their killer. Time Stories is the oft-discussed game of time-travelling cops, and Kodama: The Tree Spirits is a sweet card game about trying to please adorable, pot-bellied fairies by growing the most magnificent tree possible. My brother and I were supposed to go meet friends ahead of Rogue One last night, but we ended up skipping the restaurant to play Kodama instead.

A very sincere Thank You to my Santa and fellow Canuck @ArcticLancer for your great thoughtfulness and amazing generosity!

Iron Weasel on
      Currently Playing:
      The Division, Warframe (XB1)
      GT: Tanith 6227
    • Options
      ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
      Yay, it arrived even quicker than I expected~
      So, I knew what I wanted to get you basically since the day targets went out. The trick was that I was being a good employee and not buying our stock off the shelves, and placed orders for the games. And then EVERYTHING was backordered. :P Mysterium actually isn't going to come back until the new year, so one of my bosses (knowing this was for a gift exchange) snagged a copy from our other location for me. But yeah, one of the biggest benefits you could have gotten was that I get games basically at cost, so I was allowed to go all-out on you without destroying the budget. How fortuitous for you. ;)

Really glad to hear you enjoyed the alternative picks (and that your daughter enjoyed the bubble wrap). The packing tape does have flying dice, but it's actually the logo for Hawk Wargames, as I sent your gift in the box my kickstarter stuff came in. I hadn't even considered that it was a cool theme ... it was just the right size. >_>

Merry Christmas, weasel family~ Don't forget to share some pictures of completed Kodama games. ;)

• Options
      [...]
      And then EVERYTHING was backordered. :P Mysterium actually isn't going to come back until the new year, so one of my bosses (knowing this was for a gift exchange) snagged a copy from our other location for me[...]
      This is super-cool. Please give your boss a high-five for me.

Currently Playing:
    • Options
      see317see317 Registered User regular
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

First order of business: tribble inspection.
      49od7zq2al3j.jpg

Everything seems to be safe, the tribble assures me that there are no high explosives.
      I don't stop to think about the wide variety of other adjectives that can be used to describe explosives and dig in. Sometimes a bomb sniffing tribble can be a real monkey's paw...

The tribble seems particularly interested in the plastic containers.
      b249z6r0cdcw.jpg
      The letter says they contain gingerbread cookies, so I can understand the tribbles attachment. I don't look forward to the coming fight for gingerbread, but I will do what must be done.

The haul, unwrapped:
      nljwu702rkn2.jpg
      Apologies for the poor picture.
      That's a Protectorate Choir, High Executioner Servath Reznik, Visgoth Rhoven and his Bodyguards, a Wold Wyrd and a Wold Watcher (packed in the same box as Reznik and Rhoven in what must have been an amazingly uncomfortable silence).
      Also, a copy of What We Do In The Shadows, which I am sad to say I've not heard of before today, but certainly looks like my sense of humor.

And, what needed to be done has been done.
      5l8awx594y6r.jpg
      The taste of gingerbread is only made better by the taste of victory.
      Tribble innards look suspiciously like a red kitchen towel. Who would have guessed?

Thanks @Gizzy, this is some great stuff here.
      And the gingerbread is awesome. I don't think it's going to last long.

• Options
      DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
      Be aware, Santee, that the Spell of Giftening has been cast. You should be reaping its dark harvest before the end of the week.

• Options
      AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
      Yay, it arrived even quicker than I expected~
      So, I knew what I wanted to get you basically since the day targets went out. The trick was that I was being a good employee and not buying our stock off the shelves, and placed orders for the games. And then EVERYTHING was backordered. :P Mysterium actually isn't going to come back until the new year, so one of my bosses (knowing this was for a gift exchange) snagged a copy from our other location for me. But yeah, one of the biggest benefits you could have gotten was that I get games basically at cost, so I was allowed to go all-out on you without destroying the budget. How fortuitous for you. ;)

Really glad to hear you enjoyed the alternative picks (and that your daughter enjoyed the bubble wrap). The packing tape does have flying dice, but it's actually the logo for Hawk Wargames, as I sent your gift in the box my kickstarter stuff came in. I hadn't even considered that it was a cool theme ... it was just the right size. >_>

Merry Christmas, weasel family~ Don't forget to share some pictures of completed Kodama games. ;)

Kodama is a great game that I would enjoy more if I wasn't mysteriously incapable of winning it.

Like, just once would be nice.

You're gonna have a good time with that.

• Options
      The package I sent to my Santee is out for delivery.

Watch the skies.

(I hope I put in the right address...)

• Options
      edited December 2016
      Mine show delivered but I haven't seen anything posted here yet. The anticipation is killing me! :)

webguy20 on
    • Options
      Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
      edited December 2016
      The front office has just notified me that a package was delivered! It might be awhile until I can open it, but wanted to let Santa know it got here alright!

Excited!

Edit: I should clarify that "awhile" means days, not hours. I found out i had a package when i was in the airport to leave Phoenix...

Zombie Hero on
      Steam
      Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
      Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
      3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    • Options
      edited December 2016
      My Santee has actually mentioned that they got their gift, but hasn't followed up with a post.

The anticipation is killing me, too.

Iron Weasel on
      Currently Playing:
    • Options
      Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
      If it's me, I haven't gotten anything yet...

I sad Santa panda.

• Options
      CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
      If you have sent a gift, but the recipient hasn't posted it yet, send me a PM with the approximate time it arrived and I'll poke them.

santasig.jpg
    • Options
      My sources* tells me that the Yuletide Lump of Coal I sent has been delivered.

* - The UPS website.

• Options
      I got an email saying my Santee's gift has shipped!
      There was no choice for a message, so if you get a mysterious package from Wayland Games perhaps its from me...

• Options
      GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
      Last night I returned home from visiting family to find a mysteriously festive package waiting for me! Pics forthcoming!

• Options
      I got a package! Pictures once I get a camera....

• Options
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So yeah, I opened this up hours ago but one thing about 13th Age is those books are like TVTropes for me. I start reading one thing, think of something, jump to that, start reading that, and the cycle continues....

921n944csvlu.jpg

So I got the 13 True Ways and 13th Age Bestiary, which look lovely next to my 13th Age Core Book.

I guess the fates have decided that I run more 13th Age, which is good, because I'm still writing out ideas for my Warehouse 13th Age game.

Santa didn't leave a calling card, so you'll have to speak up.

• Options
      The box, and its contents!
      With Donnie for scale
      LinwfFc.jpg

Waiting inside, a multitude of plastic bags!
      Xh6hxRz.jpg

Oh, and some things as well. Things like Love Letter! I've gotten to play this before and I thought it was pretty fun. Glad I have a copy of my own now!
      qjSeP9M.jpg

Coup! I've heard good things about this but I've never gotten a chance to play!
      JSLTwJN.jpg

THOR, GOD OF THUNDER! I don't have a lot of Marvel hardcovers, so this is definitely a treat. I've been trying to read this all day but I have to keep socializing with friends and family because of the holidays. WHATEVER MAN, I JUST WANNA READ COMICS.
      18xGXXc.jpg

Eternal Masters packs! YASSS. I know my Santa expressed some concern that these may not have been the right packs, but they are! I ended up pulling a few useful pieces for a Commander deck I'm building!
      cJT7Ohn.jpg

Invincible! One of the few comics I follow in single issues and hardcovers! VERY glad to see this!
      ikYpR6P.jpg

All together now! (Also holy crap, my phone has a shitty camera!)
      Isquyeg.jpg

Thank you so much, @Delduwath !

• Options
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

I got a box! It had a thing in it! Looks like it's from Wayland games, hmmmm I wonder if anyone mentioned anything about something being delivered by Wayland games recently *cough* @Dayspring *cough* .Picture background sponsored by the fabulous catstronauts duvet.

The box!

K8jxgRu.jpg?1

And insiiiiiiiiiide.....

D3WqkQI.jpg?1

Holy crap! It's the new edition of Blood Bowl! A few of our group have picked this up recently and I was going to borrow a team to compete in a small tournament, but now I have my own!

@Dayspring this is insanely generous and I can't thank you enough. After a day of frantic final Christmas shopping yesterday and a final day of work before the Christmas break today this has cheered me up no end. Thank you Santa (and Santee!) from the other side of the globe!

• Options
      Green wrote: »
      The box, and its contents!
      With Donnie for scale
      LinwfFc.jpg

Waiting inside, a multitude of plastic bags!
      Xh6hxRz.jpg

Oh, and some things as well. Things like Love Letter! I've gotten to play this before and I thought it was pretty fun. Glad I have a copy of my own now!
      qjSeP9M.jpg

Coup! I've heard good things about this but I've never gotten a chance to play!
      JSLTwJN.jpg

THOR, GOD OF THUNDER! I don't have a lot of Marvel hardcovers, so this is definitely a treat. I've been trying to read this all day but I have to keep socializing with friends and family because of the holidays. WHATEVER MAN, I JUST WANNA READ COMICS.
      18xGXXc.jpg

Eternal Masters packs! YASSS. I know my Santa expressed some concern that these may not have been the right packs, but they are! I ended up pulling a few useful pieces for a Commander deck I'm building!
      cJT7Ohn.jpg

Invincible! One of the few comics I follow in single issues and hardcovers! VERY glad to see this!
      ikYpR6P.jpg

All together now! (Also holy crap, my phone has a shitty camera!)
      Isquyeg.jpg

Thank you so much, @Delduwath !

I'm glad you like it! Despite being into literally every other stereotypically-geeky hobby, I somehow managed to completely pass Magic by. Not that I'm completely unaware of it or anything, but I'm glad that you named a specific set in your suggestions message; otherwise, I would have been a bit lost. I feel like tearing open a booster is one of life's great pleasures, so I'm glad I was able to provide that. The fact that there was something useful inside is even better!

Happy holidays!

• Options
      On a related note, GIFT FINALLY SENT AAHHHH

Had to take care of some last-minute bills and other shopping first, but the deed is done at last! I hope my Santee doesn't mind some after-Christmas gifts! (Also to compensate for the lateness I threw in another whole gift. Please don't be mad!)

• Options
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

I got a box! It had a thing in it! Looks like it's from Wayland games, hmmmm I wonder if anyone mentioned anything about something being delivered by Wayland games recently *cough* @Dayspring *cough* .Picture background sponsored by the fabulous catstronauts duvet.

The box!

K8jxgRu.jpg?1

And insiiiiiiiiiide.....

D3WqkQI.jpg?1

Holy crap! It's the new edition of Blood Bowl! A few of our group have picked this up recently and I was going to borrow a team to compete in a small tournament, but now I have my own!

@Dayspring this is insanely generous and I can't thank you enough. After a day of frantic final Christmas shopping yesterday and a final day of work before the Christmas break today this has cheered me up no end. Thank you Santa (and Santee!) from the other side of the globe!

Merry Christmas! <3
      I was super lazy about ordering it so I'm glad it arrived before Christmas :D

• Options
      WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Really sorry it took me so long to post this!

I received a mysterious box a few days ago. What could it be?

FAOHPSc.jpg

Hmm. That's a ... worrying message.

tmubq3W.jpg

Aha! The game is afoot!

EOoAhzG.jpg

uaCpFDQ.jpg

A lovely copy of Letters from Whitechapel, the Jack the Ripper-hunting game. This is going to be an excellent addition to my collection and gaming nights. Thank you so much, Iron Weasel! :biggrin:

• Options
      ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
      edited December 2016
      Letters from Whitechapel is so damn good. It's also super hard and rewarding to play Jack and win when the detectives are smart, competent players.

ArcticLancer on
    • Options
      ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
      Looks like there won't be a secret santa gift for me to put under the tree for Christmas Morning. :(

Anyway, is there enough information to start this years gift chain yet?

IWBRLjC.png
    • Options
      KoregKoreg Registered User regular
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So yeah, I opened this up hours ago but one thing about 13th Age is those books are like TVTropes for me. I start reading one thing, think of something, jump to that, start reading that, and the cycle continues....

921n944csvlu.jpg

So I got the 13 True Ways and 13th Age Bestiary, which look lovely next to my 13th Age Core Book.

I guess the fates have decided that I run more 13th Age, which is good, because I'm still writing out ideas for my Warehouse 13th Age game.

Santa didn't leave a calling card, so you'll have to speak up.

I knew I forgot to add something when I ordered it! I'm glad you like it.

Hopefully the bestiary has something nice and evil you can include as a reoccuring pain for your heroes to fight!

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    • Options
      NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
      Hmm I received a set of fancy metal dice in the mail yesterday, but no name or note indicates who may have sent it. I've received most of my other secret santa gifts so I'm guessing it's probably from here?

I'll get pics when I can get some decent light - and if it did originate here, thank you mystery Santa! I'm GMing a 13th Age game and a varied set of metal polyhedrals is just the ticket to spook my players >:D

• Options
      Wildcat wrote: »
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

[Snip]

A lovely copy of Letters from Whitechapel, the Jack the Ripper-hunting game. This is going to be an excellent addition to my collection and gaming nights. Thank you so much, Iron Weasel! :biggrin:
      I'm glad you're happy. I don't know anything about 40k anymore, but I thought that another FFG hidden movement game might serve you well when you aren't slaying xenos in the name of the Empra'.

Currently Playing:
    • Options
      WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
      Wildcat wrote: »
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

[Snip]

I'm glad you're happy. I don't know anything about 40k anymore, but I thought that another FFG hidden movement game might serve you well when you aren't slaying xenos in the name of the Empra'.

Absolutely! I understand that Whitechapel also works better than Fury with a smaller number of players, so it'll likely be very useful when the attendance is lower. Thank you very much once again!