As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Food "Thread": Things Man Was Not Meant To Digest

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    if you covered a slab of fried chicken with marinara and mozzarella I'd eat that no question

THAT'S JUST A CHICKEN PARMA

YOU CAN GET IT AT OLIVE GARDEN

This shit makes my brain leak out of my nose

why

because those crazy cooks at KFC have done it again with another mind blowing innovation

of calling something you can buy in any number of pubs and family restaurants a different name

It feels like you're upset that a fast food chain has failed your culinary expectations.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    This does make me want to explore more Hawaiian-Italian Fusion cuisine, however

Like Osso Buco on a base starch of poi instead of polenta.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    This does make me want to explore more Hawaiian-Italian Fusion cuisine, however

Like Osso Buco on a base starch of poi instead of polenta.

Spam Musubi Risotto

That sounds pretty good

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oh no.

I've got a craving for five guys.

But it's snowing and I hate driving in snow.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Oh no.

Depending on where you are there may be one of those delivery companies that will bring you the food. I think Skip the Dishes will bring Five Guys to my door if I ever want to experience sloth and gluttony at the same time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Oh no.

Depending on where you are there may be one of those delivery companies that will bring you the food. I think Skip the Dishes will bring Five Guys to my door if I ever want to experience sloth and gluttony at the same time.

When would you ever not want to experience sloth and gluttony at the same time?
    I mean, being lazy and eating? That's win win right there.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Well, looks like it's only available in Singapore, so @Lost Salient you're going to have to be our test subject.

Oooh yeah, hmm, okay

I'll uhh

I'll put my best men on it.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    That Chizza bullshit reminds me of one epiphany I had once.

Cold Chicken Parmesan is one of the greatest foods.

Why?

Because it effectively combines cold pizza and cold fried chicken.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    think i've finally figured out how to pan fry dumplings without having them stick to the bottom of the pan and split open, while still doing the "fill it up halfway with water" so they come out nice and moist

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Bad Food Thread, I just wanted to let you know that today is National Pizza Day.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Bad Food Thread, I just wanted to let you know that today is National Pizza Day.

It's also national bagel day, so I think you know what that means.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I imagine there is a national day for any kind of junk food but just out of curiosity, is there a national kale day? In the junk food vein, when is national cookie day?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    I imagine there is a national day for any kind of junk food but just out of curiosity, is there a national kale day? In the junk food vein, when is national cookie day?

http://nationalkaleday.org/
    http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-cookie-day-december-4/

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

Well, I know what that means in the morning, and what that means in the evening, but what about at supper time?

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

speaking of bagels, I just found out that Thomas' is releasing Pizza flavored bagels

not Pizza bagels

pizza flavored bagels

this is a crime against bagels

the bagel purists and the bagel reformists can all agree: this is bullshit

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

speaking of bagels, I just found out that Thomas' is releasing Pizza flavored bagels

not Pizza bagels

pizza flavored bagels

I saw some in the grocery store the other day and just started screaming and would not stop

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I have to eat very strictly gluten free for forever and lemme just say I just want some good fucking junk food?? who knew a banquet pot pie would apparently be too hard to replicate well and cost four fucking dollars

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »

Well, I know what that means in the morning, and what that means in the evening, but what about at supper time?

Anytime!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    I have struck upon an idea for a sweet grilled cheese, using Brunost and brioche slices

I will not rest until I try this or forget about it

Oh! Oh my! That cheese is generally not used in melts. And for the life of me, I can't remember why, though if you suggest that here in Norway, people will think you're really weird. Please go for it and let me know how it goes. It is very good on warm things like waffles, though.

Actually, I'd offer to send you some, but isn't it problematic to mail dairy internationally?

@MrGrimoire thank you for the kind offer, but I was able to source some from a local cheese shop.

I tried it today. I think I know why Brunost isn't used in toasties: it doesn't get particularly sticky, so the sandwich was flopping about a bit. It was also incredibly oily; if I were to make another one, I would cut back on the butter, as between the brioche and the cheese I think there was enough oil in there already.

It tasted fine: nutty and sweet, as I expected. Overall, though, I think that Brunost is good enough on its own to not be wasted in a toastie. I might try the waffle idea with what's left - or pancakes, as Shrove Tuesday is coming up.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    I have struck upon an idea for a sweet grilled cheese, using Brunost and brioche slices

I will not rest until I try this or forget about it

Oh! Oh my! That cheese is generally not used in melts. And for the life of me, I can't remember why, though if you suggest that here in Norway, people will think you're really weird. Please go for it and let me know how it goes. It is very good on warm things like waffles, though.

Actually, I'd offer to send you some, but isn't it problematic to mail dairy internationally?

@MrGrimoire thank you for the kind offer, but I was able to source some from a local cheese shop.

I tried it today. I think I know why Brunost isn't used in toasties: it doesn't get particularly sticky, so the sandwich was flopping about a bit. It was also incredibly oily; if I were to make another one, I would cut back on the butter, as between the brioche and the cheese I think there was enough oil in there already.

It tasted fine: nutty and sweet, as I expected. Overall, though, I think that Brunost is good enough on its own to not be wasted in a toastie. I might try the waffle idea with what's left - or pancakes, as Shrove Tuesday is coming up.

You're welcome.

That sounds about right, to be honest. Do try it with jam, though.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    pizza.jpeg?x20609

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

not Pizza bagels

pizza flavored bagels

I don't understand, they just look like bagels made with like tomato and pizza sauce herbs???

I was expecting like nuclear red monstrosities but they look alright

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I tasted a pizza bagel last night at the grocery store sample zone

A double pizza bagel, really, as it was a pizza flavored bagel that someone had put sauce and melted cheese and too much oregano on

It was excruciating

Bagels from the grocery store are already bad enough, why would you make them so much worse

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty comfortable compartmentalizing bagels

the ones from the grocery store are so different to the ones from a good deli that they fall into different boxes.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I stopped at a random Ralph's on my way home yesterday and they were close-out pricing Totino's Pizza Sticks for $1.20 a box. Grabbed a couple, even if they're just big pizza rolls I feel like that's an excellent deal.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The discontinued taco bell sauces are back, nabbed a few of the chipotle ones from walmart. ^.^

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    pizza.jpeg?x20609

We are doing these stupid things for Valentine's at my work, they are a prep nightmare and I hate them.

triple the nightmare for the Gluten free version

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    nothing says I love you like a heart shaped pizza!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    One year I ordered a pizza from somewhere local on a valentines day, and included a note asking if they would arrange the pepperoni as a smiley face.

So I received a heart shaped pizza with a smiley face on it.
    The taste was okay. The shape was not appreciated. The smiley face was.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    WHY DON'T WE JUST EAT BREAKFAST FOR DINNER, HUH?

Challenge accepted!

df45ul5zauy9.jpg

I give you...the breakfast pizza!

A blind-baked crust of biscuit dough, topped with sausage, gravy, scrambled eggs, and cheese.

I think I'm going to add mushrooms next time, although at that point we're veering dangerously into frittata territory.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    "Unicorn" Hummus

16729336_10154935420899259_2504069952282401741_n.jpg?oh=ac388db5241b82921f901e4ec39987dc&oe=590B82B1&__gda__=1493501402_aabaca80cb8044cd17834b6119694654

the blue is eggplant tahini, the pink is curry tahini; in the middle you got some paprika, pine nuts, chopped parsley and regular tahini

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hey Bad Food nerds, the Shamrock Shake is back at McDonald's! I've had 3 in the past 2 days! My poop was green today!

WAHOO SHAMROCK SHAKES!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Hey Bad Food nerds, the Shamrock Shake is back at McDonald's! I've had 3 in the past 2 days! My poop was green today!

WAHOO SHAMROCK SHAKES!

Why can I only read this post picturing you naked , drunk, running through the streets screaming it at me?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    How else could it be read?

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    nothing says I love you like a heart shaped pizza!

My favorite Nirvana song.
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

WAHOO SHAMROCK SHAKES!

You sound like Charlie Bucket'a grandpa but... Sad.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    One year I ordered a pizza from somewhere local on a valentines day, and included a note asking if they would arrange the pepperoni as a smiley face.

I once ordered a pizza. No special instructions, just a normal pizza. It came shaped like a fish.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »

I once ordered a pizza. No special instructions, just a normal pizza. It came shaped like a fish.

a531242d09h.jpg

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just bought some Timm Tamms and ate one.

Thank you Australia. You did good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.