Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

South 2017 Room Shares - please read the OP!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
While strict enforcement of the one post per person rule has cut down heavily on the reposting to get on the front page, it has also caused some problems with posts that need modified late in the game but are stuck on an old page.

There is still a one post per person policy, but I will be starting to cull posts from the thread that have been struck out or marked as no longer valid. I will try to do this as necessary, but there will not be a hard schedule for this purpose. This will mean that there should not be a wall of inactive posts to sift through in order to find active ones. Also it means that if someone had a post that was culled from early on, they can freely re-post it later if shit went south. If you abuse this, your ability to post in this thread will be revoked entirely.

----

Post here if you are looking to share your room, or looking for a room to share. Please keep your posts up to date!

YOU MAY NOT POST HERE TO TRADE ROOM SPACE FOR BADGES.

You get ONE post in this thread per UNIQUE room share situation. Do not re-post your offer/request. Re-posts will be deleted.

If you need to modify your post and cannot edit it yourself (accounts below a certain participation threshold), PM me and I will make the edit for you. Not having permission to edit is not a valid excuse for re-posting.

If you *really* think you have a good reason to post for a second time, PM me first.

This is not a discussion thread; ONLY POSTS IN THE DESCRIBED FORMATS BELOW WILL BE ALLOWED.

If you have a room and want to fill space, use this format:

----

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:
Total Cost:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Number of Spots Available:
My Gender
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:

----

If you are looking for a place to sleep, use this format:

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes:

----

aFMEwKc.png
5ErTbVb.png
TheBurntWaffles

• PuritysanPuritysan Lady Purity San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    edited 3:34AM
    this message has been removed by the user

Puritysan at
  • Clairity95Clairity95 Registered User new member
    Need space:

Date arriving: The Thursday night, possibly Friday morning
    Date leaving: The Sunday
    Number spots needed: 2
    My gender: two females
    Your gender: prefer females
    Best contact: c.landry320@gmail.com

• sythesythe Registered User new member
    edited October 2016
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Best Western Plus Medical Center South
    Total Cost: $143 USD (286 split equally)
    Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Monday
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Any
    xaviersythe or Skype - xavier.syth e (without spaces)

Breakfast is included, hotel is rated 3.5/5 on Tripadvisor. Though not adjacent to the venue, sharing an Uber will mean cheap + fast transport.

sythe on
  • AshTRAshTR Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 19
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Sunday
    Spots Needed: 1
    Your Gender: Any, but preferably male
    Best Contact Method:
    Just about anything you have I'm probably on it as AshTR. PM on here works too though.

The absolute best contact method that I'll see instantly is going to be Twitter at said username or Discord at AshTR#2736 because I'll see it instantly.

Additional Notes:
    Looking for sharing a bed in a room because I'm not sleeping on the floor, but I'm small enough that sharing a bed is pretty easy with anyone that's not large. Hoping to room with someone that doesn't turn the temp in the room down below 70F.

EDIT: Still looking for a room.

EDIT EDIT: Found a spot. Thanks for all the people that asked. :biggrin:

AshTR on
    dxu649p.png
    Kingdom1232
  • Hobbes.CaltousHobbes.Caltous Registered User regular
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Hampton Inn and Suites San Antonio Downtown market Square
    Total Cost: $482.00
    Date Arriving: Jan 26th
    Date Leaving: Jan 30th
    Number of Spots Available: 1-2
    My Gender: we're both male
    Your Gender: doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: x9mmhobbesx@gmail.com or 414-807-2975(hobbes/ call between noon and 4am CST)

we'll gladly take two people if you're travelling together, otherwise we'd prefer just one person.

• Senior_CyclopsSenior_Cyclops Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: January 26th (Thursday)
    Date Leaving: January 29th (Sunday)
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: PM or e-mail at moaazkoshul@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I was looking for an open spot at the Grand Hyatt and if anyone has space. I tend to buy a lot of board games so the closer the better! Other than that, I'm just looking for somewhere to sleep and don't mind the floor at all. This is my 9th or 10th PAX. I may be Enforcing once I get an answer back from my application. I don't drink or smoke and am pretty neat. Let me know if there's any info you'd need from me. Looking forward to it!

• GlakeGGGlakeGG Registered User new member

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 1/26
    Date Leaving: 1/30
    Your Gender: Doesn't Matter
    Best Contact Method: GlakeMicoleRiuno@yahoo.com

I honestly don't mind sleeping on the floor as long as their is space for a sleeping bag. Preferably looking for a place that's close to the venue.

Kingdom1232
  • ekar07ekar07 Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 1/26
    Date Leaving: 1/30
    Best Contact Method: edkarwacki@gmail.com

Additional Notes: Happy to settle for floor space for a sleeping bag or air mattress

PuritysanKingdom1232
  • HTownMastodonHTownMastodon Registered User regular
    edited January 2
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Friday, Janurary 27th (between 1pm-2pm to be specific)
    Date Leaving: Sunday, Janurary 29th
    Spots Needed: Just Myself so 1
    Your Gender: Does not matter to me.
    Best Contact Method: PM, email @ mastodon616@yahoo.com

Additional Notes: I'll be fine on the floor if need be, and I do apologize by my later arrival because I have to work the night before and I rather drive to SA in the daylight when I'm rested.
    I did originally have a place already set, but due to a mutual breakup, (and her selling her ticket), I'm having to come alone.

Edit: I have already accepted an offer. I do still thank those for offering a space to me, which I declined.

HTownMastodon on
  • Kingdom1232Kingdom1232 Registered User new member
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

AirBnB: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14165875
    Total Cost: $100 Per Person ($515 overall)
    Date Arriving:1/26
    Date Leaving:1/30
    Number of Spots Available:3
    Your Gender: Human
    Best Contact Method:
    • Discord: Kingdom1232#7983
    • Twitter: Kingdom1232
    • Email: Kingdom1232@gmail.com (Flag email as High Importance)

I will be bringing an Air Mattress so somebody can sleep on that, The pink Room is mine.

To alleviate us having to get a Uber I don't mind excess driving, hopefully we will be migrating as one group to the convention center, as for returning well... we will figure that out when the time comes.

Discord would be a good way to for us to get in touch all together since i already have a group chat for it set up.

• TetricideTetricide Registered User new member
    edited 4:45AM
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE: updated January 10th

Hotel: Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
    Total Cost:
    Room: $931.85 (taxes included)
    Valet Parking: $22.73 per day (taxes included)
    Date Arriving: Thursday, 26 January
    Date Leaving: Monday, 30 January
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    My Gender: 3 males
    Your Gender: Human
    Best Contact Method:

**I snore loudly, and even worse when I'm passed out drunk. Fellow snorers are welcome.**

This is an oversized 2 room suite (a bedroom and living room) with 2 queen beds in the bedroom. There is a sofa in the living room, but it is not a sleeper. I will be bringing a comfy air mattress and linens . If you are bringing a car, it costs $22.73 (that's including taxes) a day for valet parking.

PERKS: Free breakfast and dinner. Pool and hot tub on like the 20th floor, so bring your swim suit! Within walking distance of all the things.

zerzhul at
  • TheBurntWafflesTheBurntWaffles Dallas, TexasRegistered User new member
    edited January 13
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:
    Hotel: La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
    Address: 303 Blum St, San Antonio, TX 78205
    Check In: Thursday January 26, 2017
    Check Out: Sunday January 29, 2017
    Max Roomies: 4 (1 spot currently available)
    Price per person: $200 (This includes taxes, BUT NOT PARKING)
    Perks: Free Breakfast is included.
    My Gender: Female
    Best Contact Method:
    Additional Notes: We have one spot left on a pull out Queen bed, and have a full suite with microwave, and fridge. If you don't want to share a spot on the queen pull out, I do have a queen blow up mattress I can bring. I do require a 50% down payment on your spot, and the rest in cash upon check in. Every roommate gets there own keycard, and we will only have a max of 4 people staying in the room. Any additional questions please text or email me!

zerzhul on
  • KzordKzord Registered User regular
    edited January 13
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: evening of Thursday the 26th for one person. The second gets there Friday night.
    Date Leaving: Sunday 29th
    Spots Needed: 2
    My Gender: 1 F 1M, not a couple so don't worry about that.
    Your Gender: doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: krs293@outlook.com

Additional Notes:
    if this doesn't work I am willing to get a two bed room if there are two others that want to split a place 4 ways or 6 for floor people.
    Prefer over 21 and if you're going to the I've and fire bar crawl, even better!

zerzhul on
  • d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    edited January 17
    HAVE SPACE:

Hotel: Motel 6 San Antonio Downtown - Market Square
    Total Cost: $263.00
    Date Arriving: 1/25
    Date Leaving: 1/29 (I can help you bring your stuff to the convention center bag check if you want)
    Spots available: 1-3 (costs are split evenly depending on the nights you stay and the # of people)
    Your Gender: N/A
    Best Contact Method: email. unlucky777 at gmail

Additional Notes:

They offer free parking and its about 1.5 miles from the center so easily walkable. It's a 2 bedroom so the other bed and floor space is up for grabs.

*** I MAY OR MAY NOT SNORE *** Some people I've shared rooms with say I snore, but some say I dont. It's never been an issue with people I've shared rooms with though.

d3c0y on
  • Darksolstice99Darksolstice99 Registered User new member
    edited January 16
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Wyndham La Cascada Square Footage - 1,898 to 2,260 FP_LaCascada_4B_Pres.gif

Distance from Hall: About 3 blocks from HBG and it's on the Riverwalk.
    Total Cost: $150
    Date Arriving: 1/26/2017
    Date Leaving: 1/31/2017
    Number of Spots Available: 4
    My Gender: Male (However the room is mixed with male and female pax goers)
    Best Contact Method: darksolstice1379@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: Basically we've rented out 2 penthouse suits in this hotel. They are 4 bedroom giant things on the top floor of the hotel but it's costing me a little more then I was originally expecting so while i have the number of people needed to pay the price of the 2 rooms (20 guests lol Yeah its going to be a party!!) I cannot afford to buy snacks and drinks for all 20 people myself! So I figured I'd over book the room by 2 each ( I could do more if you really wanted to I mean these are huge spaces you won't feel squished lol) that way I can use the money yall pay to stay to by buy snacks and drinks and what not! The normal cost of the hotel is $200 for the whole weekend but since I don't have bed space, I will provide yall with a brand new air mattress, I wouldn't feel right charging full price ya know so I am only asking $150 from yall for 5 nights, sounds fair right? lol

Check in is Thursday the 26 since there are a few coming in from out of town and it lets us store our stuff without having to worry about it on Friday and check out is Tuesday the 31st so if you leave a little later you don't have to leave immediately and can relax a little bit. Also expect to pay for parking if you bring a car. We're going to try and get carpooling together so just me know if you'd rather do that! Also while we have no restrictions on who can stay with us please keep in mind that there will be 20 people across 2 penthouse suites. It will be loud and everyone will be having a good time so if you cannot function well in that sort of place please keep that in mind. Also since we are all adults 18-35 (only one guy is that old but he's awesome lol) there will be alcohol. You will not be required or pressured to drink just be okay with people getting drunk and playing video games!!

Let me know if you have any other questions!!!

Darksolstice99 on
    lordcheeto
  • Matidaus Tauntulas GreenwoodicusMatidaus Tauntulas Greenwoodicus Registered User new member
    Has Space

Hotel:Hyatt Regency San Antonio
    Total Cost: $1,022.72 split evenly between 4 people $256
    Date Arriving: Thu Jan 26, 2017
    Date Leaving: Mon Jan 30, 2017
    Number of Spots Available: 3
    Best Contact Method: Tauntulas@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: exclusively a PC gamer, coming from out of town to meet my internet friends.