As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

First [Presidential Debate] Monday Sept 26, 9 PM EST at Hostra University

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I think there are nine segments of 10 minutes each? Topics in terms of importance:

1) How to deal with climate change
    2) How to respond to domestic challenges because of climate change
    3) How to respond to foreign challenges because of climate change
    4) Campaign finance and voting rights
    5) Income Inequality
    6) Racial injustice/policing
    7) Syria/ISIS
    8) Immigration
    9) Guns

Topics I would ask about:

1) Climate
    2) Campaign Finance and voting rights
    3) Policing
    4) Syria/ISIS
    5) Immigration
    6) Fuck the banks, yo
    7) Guns
    8) Afghanistan
    9) SCOTUS lightning round

Projected topics:

1) E-mails
    2) Charities
    3) Trump: racist?
    4) Terrorism
    5) ISIS
    6) Immigration
    7) Policing
    8) Taxes
    9) "Show Your Personality"

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    The game is called "Don't die of alcohol poisoning"

I've got about 2.5 Liters of Sangria (wine), so I think that's not a problem for me. I could chug it and only get a mild buzz. -_-;;

On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Screen_Shot_2016-09-26_at_1.00.05_PM.png?1474920047

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

I hate everyone so much.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So, has anyone set the rules for the accompanying drinking game? ^_^;;

The police are correct in this case.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    That image isn't that bad, they're calling Trump an egotistical liar with no policy. Clinton is being treated like an actual presidential candidate...aside from the stupid "make with the funny" bullet point.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    That image isn't that bad, they're calling Trump an egotistical liar with no policy. Clinton is being treated like an actual presidential candidate...aside from the stupid "make with the funny" bullet point.

The issue is Trump has a laughably low ball for what he needs to do compared to Clinton. Which is this election in total.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Can we please apply the No Satire rule to this thread as well?

That's not satire, you say?

*drinking intensifies*

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    • Stop Lying
    • Be less of an arrogant ass
    • Actually talk about things using details we can fact check

Yeah, the Trump list is actually pretty on point. The Clinton list is basically
    1. Embrace the wonk
    2. Be less of the caricature we love to paint of you as a cold, unfeeling lizard person

So not great, but probably exactly what her team has been saying for weeks.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    This is going to be a clusterfuck, because reality is not going to be agreed on, and one candidate will conveniently have a reality oddly favorable to his policies, even if those policies are amorphous bluster and contradictory nonsense belied even by statements made only 2 minutes earlier

Hard hitting commentary from cheery sunshine pundit Hakks here, get your baseless expectation setting here folks, only one agree a pop

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    i think the biggest issue is that Trump isn't going to do a single one of those things and he'll still be given credit no matter what. Hillary will most likely hit every one of those points and will still get slated for not doing enough. its not just about the expectations placed on both candidates, its about the hand wringing afterwards because both sides are the same, HORSE RACE!!!

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I don't know that I'll actually be able to watch the debate tonight. I get nauseous just thinking about it.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I am bad at time zones, how many hours from now is the debate? I have multiple bottles of Cornish Cider ready to be demolished!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Oh hey, I was just about to stupidly ask in the Pres thread if there was going to be a thread on the debate. Cool stuff, guuuuuuuys. So, we gonna be talking about this is discord or anything?

Crayon on
  • Options
    I am bad at time zones, how many hours from now is the debate? I have multiple bottles of Cornish Cider ready to be demolished!

just under 3 hours.

• Options

2 hours, 49 minutes.

• Options
    Crayon wrote: »
    Oh hey, I was just about to stupidly ask in the Pres thread if there was going to be a thread on the debate. Cool stuff, guuuuuuuys. So, we gonna be talking about this is discord or anything?

discord link is in OP

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Crayon wrote: »

discord link is in OP

I don't read no stinkin' ops. In as much as I hate Donald Trump, I really do follow his life advice of never reading any pertinent info that may help me in life. Thanks!

• Options
    Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Aww, I guess drinking games got banned. I guess I'll just drink whenever Trump lies ... so whenever his lips are moving. Fortunately I'm safe at home so no worry about binge drinking here.

Thanks for the 411

On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Aww, I guess drinking games got banned. I guess I'll just drink whenever Trump lies ... so whenever his lips are moving. Fortunately I'm safe at home so no worry about binge drinking here.

Thanks for the 411

Well, I mean, you can still binge drink at your own house there just less threat to public health if you do it there

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

The issue is Trump has a laughably low ball for what he needs to do compared to Clinton. Which is this election in total.

I 100% understand your point so don't take this as a real argument but how easy do you actually think it is for Trump to tell the truth and be humble? seems impossible for him.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »

I 100% understand your point so don't take this as a real argument but how easy do you actually think it is for Trump to tell the truth and be humble? seems impossible for him.

Its not about what Trump actually does Vari, its what the media perceives him doing it. And in that they have set their perception at a laughably low amount for "success."

"Don't lie even though we won't fact check you." And humbleness is easy in the face of what the media considers "humble".

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    God damn I wish I didn't have to work tonight, this would be a great opportunity to get alcohol poisoning

• Options

Its not about what Trump actually does Vari, its what the media perceives him doing it. And in that they have set their perception at a laughably low amount for "success."

"Don't lie even though we won't fact check you." And humbleness is easy in the face of what the media considers "humble".

I disagree there, I think you're gonna see plenty of fact checking floated around for a few days. but that's fine to disagree on, my point was that I don't think those bullet points are actually easy for trump. it was more about anti trump snark than anything.

• Options

I disagree there, I think you're gonna see plenty of fact checking floated around for a few days. but that's fine to disagree on, my point was that I don't think those bullet points are actually easy for trump. it was more about anti trump snark than anything.

Seeing as this came from the network employing Chuck Todd I think your personal bias towards neutral is seeing this in a more favorable light than mine. Media already showed their hand on the curve they are grading.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
  • Options

Seeing as this came from the network employing Chuck Todd I think your personal bias towards neutral is seeing this in a more favorable light than mine. Media already showed their hand on the curve they are grading.

I was trying to go around that and just have a laugh! I even said I totally saw your point, I don't think it's a fair list just because it's hard for trump to be honest, I just wanted to mock the dude. I swear!

• Options

I was trying to go around that and just have a laugh! I even said I totally saw your point, I don't think it's a fair list just because it's hard for trump to be honest, I just wanted to mock the dude. I swear!

I get what you are saying Vari, but honestly there is nothing funny about this election anymore. It's terrifying.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Boo. My flight won't have wifi. I'm going to be in the air for the entire debate wondering if Trump finally calls her a cunt or bitch on live television.

A man can dream at least.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    How can I watch this in VR?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »

You can apparently through NBC.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    FUCK "EXPECTATIONS"

whoa sorry *dabs at blood trickling from nose*

I haven't read any of the thread yet.

• Options

You can apparently through NBC.

Altspace VR App

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options

Conspiracy theory time: Trump has been secretly buying stock in liquor companies for the past year and a half. At the end of tonight's debate, he'll unveil his latest ruse: His entire campaign has been orchestrated explicitly to drive people to tonight's increased alcohol purchases.

• Options
    Huh I guess I should set that up. It's Oculus-compatible?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Conspiracy theory time: Trump has been secretly buying stock in liquor companies for the past year and a half. At the end of tonight's debate, he'll unveil his latest ruse: His entire campaign has been orchestrated explicitly to drive people to tonight's increased alcohol purchases.

Trump's standing in the polls will increase two percent.

• Options
    Huh I guess I should set that up. It's Oculus-compatible?

yeah but the Oculus version will throw in dank alt-right memes throughout the debate.

• Options
    Like Fight Club but with Pepe instead of penises.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    God help me im going to watch this.

This discussion has been closed.