As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Times you did Goofy

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Or - Or

Leave the sex toys in plain sight and when they see them start talking about how open you are about your sexuality and how it's perfectly natural

Then follow them from room to room, never stopping talking about how mature you are

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    They're conversation pieces, make conversation.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Other people cleaning up my shit makes me uncomfortable. If I hire a cleaning person their only job will be to look at my mess disappointedly, forcing me to go "no no, I'll get that" until the house is clean.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Sex toys in the hutch, next to the nice china.

When I need to clean my floors, I invite people around and then look at the floor five minutes before they get here and be all 'welp, so much for that idea.'

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Man you guys are missing the point. These people have seen shit. Literal shit.

If you dont have human waste on your kitchen floor they wil consider you a god of some kind

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    And some of these sex toys are vintage.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My mom had a housecleaner come over every so often when I was younger, and I remember one time after the housecleaner came over a bunch of my Magic cards had been thrown out. They weren't particularly valuable at the time (fucking like $800 worth of cards by today's economy, somehow) but I was really upset. So my mom just straight up fired her.

I no longer trust housecleaners to not throw shit that I deem valuable away.

Someone threw away the box and cart case (which had the GB link port cover in it) for my copy of Link's Awakening while I was on school camp. Mum said she didn't, but no one else cleaned my room while I was gone...

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    And some of these sex toys are vintage.

This was my grandfather's buttplug. They built things to last in those days. Not like today's buttplugs.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

If you dont have human waste on your kitchen floor they wil consider you a god of some kind

Have they though?

I dunno, if I had shit on my floor I wouldn't pay to have someone come over and look at it (and clean it as well).

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Pfft I ever hire a cleaner ? I'm gonna get my money's worth, screw pre-cleaning, I'll like Pre-mess! go around knocking over my shelves and shit, tornado my house!

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Dedwrekka Jet Fuel burns high five!

Another guy and I were tasked with fueling a Falcon 20 that had just brought in freight. You wouldn't have noticed right up close, but the plane was actually on a slight slant because it was near a drain on the ramp. This is important, because the fuel tanks for the Falcon 20 are pressurized.

The left wing's cap popped fine with it's normal decompression and hissing and scariness. But the right wing had all the fuel against the cap because of the slant, so when I popped the cap jet fuel geysered into the air, covering me in a jet fuel. Because I was expecting the normal decompression I'd turned my head, so I didn't get it blasted straight in my eyes, but of course when it showers down on you, it still ends up in your eyes anyways. I closed the cap as quickly as possible and rushed into the hangar to the eyewash station. It was at the end of my shift, so I got to go straight home, but then they made a guy who'd just come in try the cap again and it geysered on him.

Ugh, jet fuel and hydraulic fluid were my banes. Hydraulic fluid isn't as actively evil as fuel but it got everywhere and stains ($70) uniforms. Plus it turned the bomber hangars into a slip and slide. Also leads to what I call "phantom aircraft", which is that from an aerial view of any distance there appear to be twice as many of that airframe on the apron because the fluids leaking out have permanently formed a shadow in the concrete in the shape of the aircraft.

Blake T wrote: »

Have they though?

I dunno, if I had shit on my floor I wouldn't pay to have someone come over and look at it (and clean it as well).

Ive worked at walmart.

I know what people are capable of when it comes to excrement.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Like the house has to be basically clean before they arrive right

that's how this works

My sample size is limited but I think you are supposed to keep it pristine at all times by terrifying anyone who might muss it up so that the cleaner just has to come through and dust, yes.

You're supposed to give them the keys to every door in the house. And then inform them they must never open one particular door no matter what.

But not the door where you keep the preserved body parts.
    You need to keep those jars dusted and clean, otherwise they start to attract flies. And who wants to deal with that annoyance?

Especially when you've been busy dealing with annoying door to door sales reps.

...don't tell me I'm the only one here with a room full of preserved body parts...

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

that's how this works

My sample size is limited but I think you are supposed to keep it pristine at all times by terrifying anyone who might muss it up so that the cleaner just has to come through and dust, yes.

You're supposed to give them the keys to every door in the house. And then inform them they must never open one particular door no matter what.

But not the door where you keep the preserved body parts.
    You need to keep those jars dusted and clean, otherwise they start to attract flies. And who wants to deal with that annoyance?

Especially when you've been busy dealing with annoying door to door sales reps.

...don't tell me I'm the only one here with a room full of preserved body parts...

I mean... at least mine aren't terrestrial body parts.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Have they though?

Ive worked at walmart.

That's different (but still terrible and I am sorry), that isn't in their own house.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

that's how this works

No.

It needs to be clean enough that you don't feel ashamed having someone in the house, but dirty enough that the cleaner still feels they have something to do.

I mean if there is nothing for them to clean you are just paying them to show up to your house for half an hour and talk. I think. I don't know, even thinking about this is stressful.

Also lock all the sex toys in a hidden compartment. Including the one with the harness, diesel engine, and gyroscope.

Look the only room the powered gimbal rig sybian is going to fit in is the living room so that's where I'm keeping it.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

that's how this works

No.

It needs to be clean enough that you don't feel ashamed having someone in the house, but dirty enough that the cleaner still feels they have something to do.

I mean if there is nothing for them to clean you are just paying them to show up to your house for half an hour and talk. I think. I don't know, even thinking about this is stressful.

Also lock all the sex toys in a hidden compartment. Including the one with the harness, diesel engine, and gyroscope.

Look the only room the powered gimbal rig sybian is going to fit in is the living room so that's where I'm keeping it.

At the very least put a cover on it. Maybe a nice knitted cock-cosy or something?

Have they though?

Ive worked at walmart.

That's different (but still terrible and I am sorry), that isn't in their own house.

Babies/toddlers.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    looking up renters insurance at 1am has led me down a dark and twisted path of zero-fee credit card comparisons. Now I'm thinking about getting an extra degree just to take advantage of my workplaces' alumni card.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    This is why you treat your cleaners as subhuman, so you don't have to deal with the social anxiety

PNk1Ml4.png
  • CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    This is why you treat your cleaners as subhuman, so you don't have to deal with the social anxiety

Actually, yeah, that's probably where the bias came from. Rulers/rich people didn't want to admit they poop, because poop is dirty and that kind of tarnishes a leader's image as having God-granted power. So they decided to make the people who would be aware of their pooping seem like lesser beings, so nobody would want to admit their job is cleaning excrement, and therefore, not talk about their employer's shit.

Anyway, a house cleaner won't judge you for not having a perfect living space. They just want to be able to do their job and get paid without incident, just like everybody else. The reason you tidy is to make sure they can clean, and that cleaning takes less time (therefore, costing less,) not to keep them from judging you.

And by clean, I mean like, actually dusting, vacuuming and scrubbing. Picking your stuff up and putting it away = tidying or picking up, and isn't actually "cleaning." You can have a neat, organized house that's still filthy.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I think you will find that looking after the ruler's pooping was a highly sought after and respectable position that came with a lot of influence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groom_of_the_Stool
    Heneage and Denny, as servants 'whom he used secretly about him', were privy to Henry VIII's most intimate confidences about Anne of Cleves. He told them he doubted her virginity, on account of 'her brests so slacke'.[19]

ChicoBlue on
    Heh, privy

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh! I just remembered a goof!

One time I was commissioned do to a portrait of a young lady and I went and did it and she was very nice and I thought I did a pretty good job! I took it to the person who commissioned it and he fell in love with the subject of the portrait and sent for her that he might wed her, but when she showed up the guy was like, "UGH WHAT? YOU DON'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE YOUR PICTURE UGH YOU'RE SO LAME!"

Luckily for me I had to good sense to keep my head down, which meant I got to keep my head on, and Thomas Cromwell was blamed for the whole thing for some reason.

Anyway, nowadays I mainly do caricatures just to be safe.

ChicoBlue on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Chico you're the humble itinerant immortal portraitist we deserve.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I just remembered a goof.

I went over to a friend's then-girlfriend's house, because she was having her birthday party or something. Right before we walked in, the friend told me that her parents and littlest brother were going to be there, so keep the "rough language" to a minimum. I nod, saying it's no problem since I do the same around my parents and such.

Yeah, that didn't last two minutes. Whoops!

sig.gif
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    So here's a live goof ongoing. Apparently your career can be called into jeopardy because it's possible for me to harass people without actually realizing it?

Like I'm so fucked in the head right now I don't even know if I'm guilty or not. I don't want to be a creep. I want to be a normal person people want to be friends with and socialize with, but fuck telling me I'm not acting normal or saying hey back off, nope let's go straight to the top.

I'm pretty sure the life I was dreaming of is over. Fuck me and fuck everything.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Sex toys in the hutch, next to the nice china.

When I need to clean my floors, I invite people around and then look at the floor five minutes before they get here and be all 'welp, so much for that idea.'

Oh joy sex toy has lovely examples of this.

edited October 2016
    Falx wrote: »
    So here's a live goof ongoing. Apparently your career can be called into jeopardy because it's possible for me to harass people without actually realizing it?

Like I'm so fucked in the head right now I don't even know if I'm guilty or not. I don't want to be a creep. I want to be a normal person people want to be friends with and socialize with, but fuck telling me I'm not acting normal or saying hey back off, nope let's go straight to the top.

I'm pretty sure the life I was dreaming of is over. Fuck me and fuck everything.

Ok first off Breathe deep and calm down.
    If you were guilty you'd probably know so chalk this up to a misunderstanding.

Go to your boss/HR rep ask them exactly what youre accused of and calmly refute any discrepancies after they finish. Dont get defensive or flippant about it just state the facts as you see them.

Then I cannot stress this enough never go near that person again.

King Riptor on
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    So the person who decided to break the news to me may have grossly exaggerated things. I'm not sure yet, I'm waiting for my requests for a meeting to go through so I can hear it directly. Also someone I thought I could trust implicitly may have made things worse? Either way I've either lost a job or the ability to trust someone I thought was a really close friend so shitty day overall.

When I say job it's future prospects... I don't think I'm about to be fired here, just thought I'd mention it.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Look if you're gonna go to the trouble of getting a bunch of fancy sex toys, might as well leave them out so people can be suitably impressed by them.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I don't think I've involuntarily clenched my anus shut as many time as I have reading any other thread on this forum as I have reading this one

congratulation , all

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    falx

it may be a good idea to stop talking about whatever is about to happen until you know more

if there are legal implications surrounding the situation, stop talking to anybody about it. I know it helps to talk, but it may not be in your best interest to do so right now.

8406wWN.png
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Oh! I just remembered a goof!

One time I was commissioned do to a portrait of a young lady and I went and did it and she was very nice and I thought I did a pretty good job! I took it to the person who commissioned it and he fell in love with the subject of the portrait and sent for her that he might wed her, but when she showed up the guy was like, "UGH WHAT? YOU DON'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE YOUR PICTURE UGH YOU'RE SO LAME!"

Luckily for me I had to good sense to keep my head down, which meant I got to keep my head on, and Thomas Cromwell was blamed for the whole thing for some reason.

Anyway, nowadays I mainly do caricatures just to be safe.

Chico I just want to give you 100 kisses

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I just goofed in looking my exwife's name on Google.

While the address for her was old (I helped her move out as a witness) the same website had my current address with just my name and my city.

I shall sleep poorly tonight.

RoyceSraphim on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Oh, car goofy.

I been driving around with expired tags from 12/16 with no excuse but laziness on my part. Finally got pulled over.

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Oh, car goofy.

I been driving around with expired tags from 12/16 with no excuse but laziness on my part. Finally got pulled over.

Expired tags from the future?

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    No no, this is a UK date format/US date format thing. "12/16" in this context means "the 16th month of the 12th year".

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Ah, the dreaded Febtober.