As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Simpsons] did it first. A love thread to Thrillho

XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
edited September 2016 in Social Entropy++
So we vastly improved the politics thread by talking about the Simpsons. So lets talk about it even more!

What began as a series of shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show (she was Latrine in Robin Hood Men in Tights) eventually became the longest running sitcom and animated show in american history.

Along the way, there were music albums (DO THE BARTMAN!), a full length movie, comic books, video games, roller coasters, anf guest stars including all of the Beatles living at the time, Leonard Nimoy, and The Smashing Pumpkins.

COUCH GAGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDsKaHGDfw

I could go on and on with this post but really, I just want to hear everyone's favorite Simpsons moments

also, I was originally going to title this thread "No TV and No [Simpsons Thread] Make Homer Something Something and the content would have simply read "feeling fine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EwwJnJPs8A

help me Dr. Zaius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA

Xaquin on

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    :redface:

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    the old intro is so much better than the HD intro

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    For anyone wanting to dive deeper into "why are the old seasons so much better" then I present to you: Zombie Simpsons

@#pipe or @larlar told me about it months ago and it is very good reading if you have strong feelings about this subject.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Let's talk about Simpsons jokes you didn't get the first time you saw them

I didn't realize this couple was based on the couple from Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ax9dPOgaaI

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    excuse me hello pardon me

ahem

DENTAL PLAN

• Options
    Lisa needs braces

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I prefer The Thompsons

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Let's talk about Simpsons jokes you didn't get the first time you saw them

I didn't realize this couple was based on the couple from Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ax9dPOgaaI

I got it just this second

However, I've been using "Queen of the Harpies" for decades

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2016

Some men hunt for sport
    Others hunt for food
    The only thing I'm hunting for
    Is an outfit that looks goooood
    See my vest, see my vest
    Made from real gorilla chest
    Feel this sweater, there's no better
    Than authentic Irish setter
    See this hat, 'twas my cat
    My evening wear vampire bat
    These white slippers are albino
    African endangered rhino
    Grizzly bear underwear
    Turtles' necks, I've got my share
    Beret of poodle, on my noodle
    It shall rest
    Try my red robin suit
    It comes one breast or two
    See my vest, see my vest
    See my vest
    Like my loafers Former gophers
    It was that or skin my chauffeurs
    But a greyhound fur tuxedo
    Would be best
    So let's prepare these dogs
    Kill two for matching clogs
    See my vest, see my vest
    Oh please, won't you see my vest

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I was just barreling through seasons 5 and 6. They pack so much stuff into those episodes, it's crazy.

My brother and I can speak Simpsons quotes at each other alone. My dad says it's like the "Darmok" episode of Star Trek, but with Mr. Burns and Cheif Wiggum.

As for my favorite bits, the Frogurt exchange and the Soviet Union montage always make me grin and giggle like an idiot when they're on.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I still answer my phone "ahoyhoy"

and I plan to until the day I die

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    I was just barreling through seasons 5 and 6. They pack so much stuff into those episodes, it's crazy.

My brother and I can speak Simpsons quotes at each other alone. My dad says it's like the "Darmok" episode of Star Trek, but with Mr. Burns and Cheif Wiggum.

As for my favorite bits, the Frogurt exchange and the Soviet Union montage always make me grin and giggle like an idiot when they're on.

Frogurt exchange just makes me sad anymore, because I can't help but associate it with that comic strip.
    You know the one.
    If you don't, I'm sure that someone will be happy to post it for you.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Frogurt exchange just makes me sad anymore, because I can't help but associate it with that comic strip.
    You know the one.

no one do it!

I still love that exchange!

• Options
    I ran the math, and I have probably seen seasons one through twelve forty times each

and to this day

to this DAY

I will catch something new whenever I watch

• Options

You know the one.

someone post it since I don't know what he's talking about

• Options
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i liked the *nsync episode

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    it's German for The Bart, The

• Options
    One of my favorite bits

Good practice, kids. Now its time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Wendell is cut. Rudy is cut. Janey, you're gone. Steven, I like your hustle... Thats why it was so hard to cut you.

Congratulations! The rest of you made the team... Except you, you, and you.

• Options
    One of my favorite bits

Good practice, kids. Now its time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Wendell is cut. Rudy is cut. Janey, you're gone. Steven, I like your hustle... Thats why it was so hard to cut you.

Congratulations! The rest of you made the team... Except you, you, and you.

we drove three thousand miles for this?

• Options
    Beer! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    nuke the whales?

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    nuke the whales?

gotta nuke somethin

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Brolo wrote: »

You know the one.

someone post it since I don't know what he's talking about

Spoiling the link here.
    Just remember, you've been warned. The following comic may destroy any enjoyment you ever get from "The Frogurt Exchange" for a substantial amount of time.
    @Brolo

Granted, I've been in a bit of a funk due to multiple instances of unpleasant family news recently, so it may not be just the Frogurt Exchange.

see317 on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVK39HyjjdY

As someone who grew up on the simpsons, I had an extensive knowledge of movie history, popular culture and trivia from previous decades, based purely on simpsons references. Like every movie I saw which was made before the simpsons I'd recognise and go "OH so thats what that simpsons bit referenced"

Prohass on
  • Options
    You mean the mob only did me a favor to get something in return? Oh, Fat Tony! I will say good day to you, sir!

• Options
    hpsu67ctjjhs.gif

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    "I shot him" and "Now im off to emmetts fixit shop to fix emmette" is like one of my favourite quotable lines. Simpsons quotes are just so fun to say.

Prohass on
  • Options
  • Options
    i also love non-charles bronson moments

such as

https://youtu.be/scYBqFyFDZc

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Should probably link this for those that don't know

https://frinkiac.com/

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    My favourite thing to do when watching old episodes again is looking for great frames in the animation that are really bizarre or beautiful.

jnt3j8fn4dh9.pngtpq7ev1pam69.png
    9rabuq8o43vc.pngvwmnct4jv6ea.png

• Options
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I prefer The Thompsons

True story: when @Blake T and I got married, we wanted to play "The Thompsons" over the audio at our wedding immediately after the celebrant announced as man and wife. So we borrowed a friend's Simpsons DVDs, extracted the soundbite, and had it all queued up ready to go.

UNFORTUNATELY, people were so happy for us being married that they cheered on the announcement of man & wife, completely drowning out The Thompsons soundbite.

We both remain (not so) bitterly disappointed about this, like HOW DARE OUR FRIENDS BE SO HAPPY FOR US.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    That's what you get for having friends.

• Options
    okay last one before i pass out in a coughing fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4fHsV0UcoE

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    We got married like, two years ago (ish).

I still haven't given back those dvds.