As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Simpsons] did it first. A love thread to Thrillho

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    'Homer?' Who is 'Homer'? My name is Guy Incognito.

(Which is such an awesome name btw. I use it for online forms when I don't need to put real information down.)

Maaaaaaax Power

https://youtu.be/R2YiKCCDPmA

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    so this is what it feels like when doves cry

as a dude with a silly name, I occasionally get to throw that one out and it makes it all worthwhile

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The naaaaame that you want to touuuuuch.

But you mustn't tooooooouch

• Options
    BigPointyTeethBigPointyTeeth run away! run away! MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Do you want to change your name to Homer junior? The kids can call you "Ho Ju"!

This is still one of my favorites. Any game where you name your character, I have to use Hoju.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    And the talking coyote was just that talking dog.

Hey, Homer! Find your soulmate!

Wait a minute, dogs can't talk!

Bark!

Damn straight!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    there's ralph, he knows the score

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    So I have this friend Umm... Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadu

That's the worst name I ever heard

Ahhh hahahaaaa

Hey! Joey Jo Jo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANh2rF7NIM

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    "Ah, i just threw on an old rerun. Nobody will know the difference."

"Okay children, remain calm. The Falkland Islands have just been invaded. Repeat: the Falkland Islands have just been invaded."

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    "Ah, i just threw on an old rerun. Nobody will know the difference."

"Okay children, remain calm. The Falkland Islands have just been invaded. Repeat: the Falkland Islands have just been invaded."

I love that he has a map and pointer ready to go.

"The disputed islands lie here, off the coast of Argentina..."

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Are you ready? Sideshow Luke Perry?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Sweet can, sweetsweet can

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    ["Marge Be Not Proud"] is made all the more jarring by having Bart be the one who sinks into guilt and self pity. Bart was America’s bad boy, the underachiever who was proud of it. Here he acts like every sitcom kid since television began, haunted by something he did and crushed that his mother is disappointed in him. The Simpsons had never before handled emotions that clumsily.

What show are you watching, dude

Remember the episode where Bart is devastated that he can't pass a test, and puts his best effort into doing better? The one that was from the second season?

Bart having a conscious is like, every single Bart plot. That time he strung along his teacher romantically but then saw that she was real person and felt bad about it. The time Bart accidentally got Skinner fired and spent the rest of the episode trying to get him his job back.

Bart was never half the little hellraiser he was portrayed as.
    Well he was.

The point is that when he saw the consequences of his actions he regrets them.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I know you can read my thoughts, Bart. Just a little reminder. If I find out you cut class, your ass is mine. Yes, you heard me. I think words I would never say.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Bart Gets an F is one of my favorite simpsons show because that was my entire school career

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I know you can read my thoughts, boy.

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Say it! Say chowdah!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Say it! Say chowdah!

Shou-dere
    What!? I am not some bumbling Clouseau-type character (Caricature?) I-waaaaaahh!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    That's it, MacGarnagle, you're off the case.
    No Chief, you're off your case!
    What does that even mean?

It means he gets results you stupid chief!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    ["Marge Be Not Proud"] is made all the more jarring by having Bart be the one who sinks into guilt and self pity. Bart was America’s bad boy, the underachiever who was proud of it. Here he acts like every sitcom kid since television began, haunted by something he did and crushed that his mother is disappointed in him. The Simpsons had never before handled emotions that clumsily.

What show are you watching, dude

Remember the episode where Bart is devastated that he can't pass a test, and puts his best effort into doing better? The one that was from the second season?

Bart having a conscious is like, every single Bart plot. That time he strung along his teacher romantically but then saw that she was real person and felt bad about it. The time Bart accidentally got Skinner fired and spent the rest of the episode trying to get him his job back.

Bart was never half the little hellraiser he was portrayed as.
    Well he was.

The point is that when he saw the consequences of his actions he regrets them.

I do not agree. That episode where get Skinner fired was on accident. Really Im hard pressed to find find any time that he ever did anything truly terrible out of malice.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I heard your dad went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.
    Hey, my dad my have gained a little weight, but he’s not some food-crazed maniac!
    yojg3t9eim2c.png

^^^edit: Summer of 4 ft. 2

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Never, Marge. Never. I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Say it! Say chowdah!

I'll kill you! I'll kill all of you! Especially those of you in the jury!

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Inflammable means flammable?
    What a country!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think Freddy Quimby should walk out of here a free hotel!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    bs6fab2175w7.png

additionally,

toodgx7zfsq8.jpg
    The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    bs6fab2175w7.png

additionally,

toodgx7zfsq8.jpg
    The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side!

That's a right triangle you idiot!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    There is three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Powers way!

... isn't that just the wrong way?

Yes, but faster!

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    'Homer?' Who is 'Homer'? My name is Guy Incognito.

(Which is such an awesome name btw. I use it for online forms when I don't need to put real information down.)

Oh my god! That man is my exact double!

OH MY GOD! THAT DOG HAS A PUFFY TAIL! Here puff......here puff.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Sweet MERCIFUL crap! My car!

Might be one of the all time best line reads of any show ever

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Up and at them!

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    14 pages of this, and no mention of the goggles, or the fact that they do nothing?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    that joke is so old its grandchild is running for president.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    My favorite joke so far is probably
    "My name is Hans. Drinking has ruined my life. I'm thirty-one years oooooold."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    14 pages of this, and no mention of the goggles, or the fact that they do nothing?

Why would we?

They do nothing

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    0ubv05ta83aq.png

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    "Barney's movie has heart. But Football In The Groin has football in the groin."

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Tell them what you saw Billy!
    But I'm so scared McGarnagle..
    You've gotta do this one for me Billy, McGarnagle.
    Okay for you, McGarnagle.
    Well McGarnagle, Billy is dead! They slit his throat from ear to ear.
    Hey! I'm trying to eat lunch here!

• Options
    Hello muddah, hello faddah
    Yes it's me from, camp Granada

Maaaaarge......is Lisa at camp Grenada?

LxX6eco.jpg