As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] Where it Happens

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    In the line of Six's thinking

how would you feel if the costume continue onto the face? Same quality and attention to detail.

Does it change?

If yes, why?

I think it changes and I think it's unfortunate that it changes. But I'm not sure why.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    god I've had way too much coffee

I feel like I am officially done studying for today (not that I got much done but)

time to dance while listening to røyksopp and susanne sundfør making sweet sweet love to my earballs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK5EK7V88ns

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    i have been listening to some old james blake this week after going to his concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOT2-OTebx0

"Blameless Cleric" maybe you should just play sad james blake songs

I'm at work so I'll save this for later but I'll give it a listen

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    that piece was great

him going down to chinatown

a+

good tag hakkes, you got it to me before i checked fb and saw it there so you win the prize

Finally climbing the Shazbert leaderboards

Do you know the code?

#injustice

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    UGHHHHHH They're touring the southwest right now and I am like NOOOO COME SEE ME AAAA

my best friend's mom LOVED them growing up, they are music central to my childhood

So this is what a generation gap feels like

hahaha

I'm 20 and um I'm talking about like.. 8-10 years ago being the first time I heard them?? I think they only had one album out, and my friend's mom had to send them a check in the mail to buy it, because she couldn't find their stuff anywhere online

Yes, that's about the same time I heard them for the first time, around when Emotionalism came out.

It was not my childhood, let's say.

honestly they are so so SO good and probably the cause of my enjoyment of the "Sad Men Yell-Singing Over Acoustic Guitar" genre

The Ballad of Love and Hate is among my favorite songs. For a while my wife hated listening to it because it made her cry.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C5sB6AqJkM

to get this gosh darn hamilton gone

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    ALSO couldn't put any of the long compilations of excellent weird synthy music @surrealitycheck sends me on there

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i have been listening to some old james blake this week after going to his concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOT2-OTebx0

"Blameless Cleric" maybe you should just play sad james blake songs

I'm at work so I'll save this for later but I'll give it a listen

girllll u ain't listened to james blake

get on that

overgrown is such a good album

his last album is pretty good too and very feels

his self titled album is very good too

poo
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    jake, you think you're miserable?

I'm torn between my knee jerk reaction to hating things that are getting shoved in my face a bit too much and my desire to see your criterion collection of a soul crushed into powder

Ludious on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

how would you feel if the costume continue onto the face? Same quality and attention to detail.

Does it change?

If yes, why?

I think it changes and I think it's unfortunate that it changes. But I'm not sure why.

I don't think it changes because it's not meant to be a take on (shitty) humor or patronizing.

But I don't get offended by literally everything so, I may not be the best barometer for tumblr's hot take.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    bowen wrote: »
    At least it's not Poppy.

in posting this, you have made it about her

• Options
    UGHHHHHH They're touring the southwest right now and I am like NOOOO COME SEE ME AAAA

my best friend's mom LOVED them growing up, they are music central to my childhood

hahaha

I'm 20 and um I'm talking about like.. 8-10 years ago being the first time I heard them?? I think they only had one album out, and my friend's mom had to send them a check in the mail to buy it, because she couldn't find their stuff anywhere online

Yes, that's about the same time I heard them for the first time, around when Emotionalism came out.

honestly they are so so SO good and probably the cause of my enjoyment of the "Sad Men Yell-Singing Over Acoustic Guitar" genre

The Ballad of Love and Hate is among my favorite songs. For a while my wife hated listening to it because it made her cry.

yeah that is easily among my favorites too, I know all the words, it's on the morning commute playlist

that and Living of Love

of course Will You Return is also really good

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I wanna be in the [chat] where it happens, the [chat] where it happens, the [chat] where it happens

MY GOD in god we trust but we'll never really know what GOT DISCUSSED

This [chat] is lovingly dedicated to y2jake

You kept me from the [chat] where it happens for the last time!

I look back on where I failed, and in every place I checked the only common thread has been your disrespect

~Your obedient servant, A. Burr

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Hakks think about this

when you first met PAers you were younger than BC is now

• Options
    I'm not really looking for a Tumblr hot take so much as a more sensitive but not batshit take

• Options

Does it change?

If yes, why?

Yeah that's what I was thinking about. Is there a way to do it on a face that isn't insensitive? Also how awfully you could do it, by exaggerating features or something and make it really offensive even with the same intent. That's harder to do on just a hand (though probably not impossible).

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    also I totally dumped the chat on her lap cuz I'm busy

• Options
    Hakks think about this

well I mean

I met @OnTheLastCastle when I was like 15 or something

• Options
    Hakks think about this

These young whippersnappers gots to learn like i dids yo

• Options

hahaha

yeah that is easily among my favorites too, I know all the words, it's on the morning commute playlist

that and Living of Love

I and Love and You has come on a few times in the car when we've been driving home to Brooklyn from somewhere kind of far, so that's a favorite.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm not really looking for a Tumblr hot take so much as a more sensitive but not batshit take

It'd take more care for sure.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    c6LBdPT.jpg

• Options
    c6LBdPT.jpg

I think it's ridiculous to suggest that this isn't at least somewhat possible.

• Options
    YnQYgCK7RAmrXCpL4RMDst2znabEYzjzCbB7emqZDd2xGaHcm7RNGtsYcHEOjgGt5.jpg

WERK

• Options

hahaha

that and Living of Love

I and Love and You has come on a few times in the car when we've been driving home to Brooklyn from somewhere kind of far, so that's a favorite.

Bring Your Love to Me and Part From Me always make me tear up some

Head Full of Doubt and Never Been Alive are two faves as well

• Options
    I'm really glad I live alone sometimes because there is nobody around to die of embarrasment when I loudly sing along to myself

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Doctor Hakke "Peggy" Kage

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Doctor Hakke "Peggy" Kage

This may sound like an insult but there are so many great Peggy-isms.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I2ZbLeV.png
    Japanese Animation

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    to me there are two kinds of blackface

there's the straight up racist charicature bullshit we all know and love

and then there's, like, the more benign and kind of unfortunate kind where you're just using a white person in place of using a person of color, which ties in to whole lots of cultural baggage and underlying issues but to me isn't really the same kind of overtly offensive thing, it's just a bad thing that sort of erases the capability of people of color

and then there's, like, a kid who wants to dress up as luke cage for halloween and since the character is black, the kid blacks his skin, and like, it's completely not racist, but also it's like

dude you don't have to do that just because the character you love has been presented to you as a black man

which, i mean, luke cage maybe not the best example since his is an explicitly black story but

okay pretend i said i dunno for some reason some kid wants to dress up as hancock after seeing the will smith movie in 2016 i don't know why that would happen but

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    and as a middle class white male i of course get to define these things but

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

and then there's, like, the more benign and kind of unfortunate kind where you're just using a white person in place of using a person of color, which ties in to whole lots of cultural baggage and underlying issues but to me isn't really the same kind of overtly offensive thing, it's just a bad thing that sort of erases the capability of people of color

and then there's, like, a kid who wants to dress up as luke cage for halloween and since the character is black, the kid blacks his skin, and like, it's completely not racist, but also it's like

dude you don't have to do that just because the character you love has been presented to you as a black man

which, i mean, luke cage maybe not the best example since his is an explicitly black story but

okay pretend i said i dunno for some reason some kid wants to dress up as hancock after seeing the will smith movie in 2016 i don't know why that would happen but

isn't the second thing usually called whitewashing and not really ever blackface

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I just left my brother a message in full-on "phone voice"

Embarrassing

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm really glad I live alone sometimes because there is nobody around to die of embarrasment when I loudly sing along to myself

sometimes when i am drunk i rap to my cats when the roommate isn't home

• Options
    i am a terrible rapper

• Options

i sing anyway and beasto and the kitties protest but they cannot stop me i am an off key force of nature

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

isn't the second thing usually called whitewashing and not really ever blackface

yeah

i dunno if distinctions like that aren't eroding these days though

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Does it change?

If yes, why?

Gonna go nope, at least at that level of attention of detail and absent any behavioral cues tied to specific parts being specific races.

One of the reason that blackface feels offensive is that the anatomical differences are more than just melanin content. I mean, that's like the very least of it and lots of the other reasons are about the behavior and assumptions presented while portraying it. I'm kinda assuming stitched together zombie isn't going to be making racial jokes or whatnot.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
This discussion has been closed.