As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[World of Warcraft: Legion] Patch 7.1 out now - Return to Karazhan!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I really really hate that this Kara attun quest doesn't have the fragments coming off of the last boss. People keep dropping after they get the fragment.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I really really hate that this Kara attun quest doesn't have the fragments coming off of the last boss. People keep dropping after they get the fragment.

Yeah that seems like poor design.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Those people need to be reminded there's a weekly quest that incentivizes them to finish said dungeons. But I understand your pain.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Preacher wrote: »

There's a hot fix for this.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=257177/patch-7-1-october-25th-hotfixes

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

There's a hot fix for this.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=257177/patch-7-1-october-25th-hotfixes

Doesn't help you for HoV though.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    So as a new 110 who just started doing world quests a couple days ago
    Got a legendary ring from doing one of the turn-ins after

s6zjibjhoiia.jpg

We both know its tradition for the clueless newbie to get the super rare drop without knowing the struggle. :)

The other person in my guild who got a legendary item last night also got it from an emissary chest. So if they boosted the drop rate from those specifically, it was just my good luck to be running world quests last night.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I got a legendary for my Paladin last night from the emmisary caches. Saw another one drop from VH from a priest I was running with. If you dont have one yet, just stay positive. Im sure one will drop soon.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    The quests you have to do in Kara after the 4 mythics? Do you have to do the dungeon as a group or do you just go in on your own?

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    The quests you have to do in Kara after the 4 mythics? Do you have to do the dungeon as a group or do you just go in on your own?

No, you do those outside of the instance. They're found in the two underground areas nearby.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    One last thing, is it account wide? No one seems to know in my guild.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    "No"

(I have no idea)

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    They finally added Artifact Knowledge to the Legion App

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    I spent two hours in M HoV last night. Never killed Odyn. f my life.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Nija wrote: »
    I spent two hours in M HoV last night. Never killed Odyn. f my life.

Mythic HoV was one of the first mythics we tried when we were poorly geared. Cruised through the instance up to Odyn and wiped 20 times on him. This was not a scrub group too, it was our raiding MT, our top healer and some of our best dps. We finally got him on the 21st pull but I wouldn't expect any pub group to stick together for that long.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Biggest reason people die to Odyn is ignoring the add. It will single handedly wipe you and basically has its own mini enrage. It just has to die asap and is a number 1 target when it spawns.

The rest of the damage really isn't that high. Only other issue is people thinking the large aoe is no big deal when its a 100% instant kill.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    The combo of the add plus the large area thing sucks

• Options
    Ranged interrupt is really really really useful for that fight. Unfortunately ranged dps have to interrupt a lot less often because of their longer CDs, meaning they tend to be the ones to forget to interrupt in our groups. I wish everyone got resources for interrupting like Demon Hunter, it feels like a real kick in the pants comparing a ranged interrupt that gives pain to rogue's kick. :(

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    reVerse wrote: »
    Oh hey, the blood trader has BoA order resource boxes. That's awesome for alting.

Thank you for this post. I went and bought a zillion so I could finally research the 2 legendary ability.

And found my second legendary yesterday off of Fenryr while doing the Kara busywork. Weight of the Earth for my Arms offspec. Yay RNG! Now no one in the guild will talk to me (only 3 other people in the guild have one, the rest are getting grumpy).

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Aumni wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Oh hey, the blood trader has BoA order resource boxes. That's awesome for alting.

Thank you for this post. I went and bought a zillion so I could finally research the 2 legendary ability.

And found my second legendary yesterday off of Fenryr while doing the Kara busywork. Weight of the Earth for my Arms offspec. Yay RNG! Now no one in the guild will talk to me (only 3 other people in the guild have one, the rest are getting grumpy).

Shamans have a ranged interrupt, and it's only on a 12s cooldown.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Ranged interrupt is really really really useful for that fight. Unfortunately ranged dps have to interrupt a lot less often because of their longer CDs, meaning they tend to be the ones to forget to interrupt in our groups. I wish everyone got resources for interrupting like Demon Hunter, it feels like a real kick in the pants comparing a ranged interrupt that gives pain to rogue's kick. :(

I have to admit that I like that Balance druids get that big beam of light interrupt. People know I'm doing my job as best I can because they can literally see it happening. I also let my healers know that I'm innervating them over discord instead of targeted whispers, both because it's more effective and to let people know I'm using my utility.

Balance druid dps may be mediocre, but damnit I've got some utility.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »

I have to admit that I like that Balance druids get that big beam of light interrupt. People know I'm doing my job as best I can because they can literally see it happening. I also let my healers know that I'm innervating them over discord instead of targeted whispers, both because it's more effective and to let people know I'm using my utility.

Balance druid dps may be mediocre, but damnit I've got some utility.

That works out well for my wife too. She throws down the solar beam and my DK brother tank just keeps them all bunched up inside it. Fantastic utility in that ability. Wish they'd get Stampeding Roar back too but can't win them all.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    DK tank does alright against the Odyn add. Like most casts, it gets cancelled if your forcefully move the mob. Which means you have a short range silence, a stun, and a reposition, and you can gorefiends grasp it too.

Still Odyn is about 2x as easy if he does the big AoE first, and the add second. The other way around can be really nasty on some group compositions, in a way that very few mythic bosses are dependent on comp.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Kara was pretty good. The best remixed instanced so far. The only boss I had issues with healing wise was Attumen. I couldn't see the effect he puts on his primary debuff target reliably unless people moved. Guess it's just a case of figuring out what to look for. All the bosses were really cool and fun.

Pugging that place is going to be dire. Fortunately I only have to do it this week on my druid. Is the unlock account wide?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I thought Karazhan remade was the perfect mix of elements from the old dungeon while making sure to introduce enough new stuff so that it wouldn't be boring after two runs.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If karazhan was their test case of 'can we make 5 man 'raids' work?' Then the answer is a resounding and enthusiastic yes

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Also the new Suramar quests are very good.

I'm a real fan of the increase sense of permanence they're going for in the story this time around.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Ugh, so, if.. uh.. if I get on Discord some time in the following weeks, would I be able to convince some of y'all to help me with some of the Mythic dungeon quests I have in Suramar? Since I can't LFR that nonsense and I'd like to close in on the story line.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Ugh, so, if.. uh.. if I get on Discord some time in the following weeks, would I be able to convince some of y'all to help me with some of the Mythic dungeon quests I have in Suramar? Since I can't LFR that nonsense and I'd like to close in on the story line.

That's what the Discord is for! :+1:

• Options
    I'm CorriganX#1802, I play mainly on horde side but have alliance priest and rogue at 850/840. Im happy to help with mythics if needed for folks.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I'm CorriganX#1802, I play mainly on horde side but have alliance priest and rogue at 850/840. Im happy to help with mythics if needed for folks.

join the discord, it's really hard to organise things via battletag.

https://discord.gg/ZrDh6u5

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So a friend of mine has been maining Elemental Shaman since WotLK, and he's pretty much always been unhappy with the spec. But he keeps playing it. And now he sent me this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5BkS3SCUU

But he keeps playing the spec.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    that will never not be funny, no matter the subtitles

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Is there something wrong with elemental? I want to level a resto shaman soon and was thinking of going elemental. Guess enhancement is the way to go for leveling/world quests?

I want a second alt healer since my holy paladin isn't really working out. I'm clearly doing something wrong so AOE healing is a slog and mythic+ is a pain to get through in places. Things like the mana devourer and garrote in kara were a real strain. Mainly though it's just not enjoyable. It's a shame since prot is so good for world questing. How's resto shaman?

danx on
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Well damn. Here I went all "zen" about being cool about not getting a legendary and my last Daily Cache from a world quest drops a legendary for me!

And not just any legendary but the Anger of the Half-Giants for Havoc which seems to be the best single target one I could get (which is where I struggle given DH Havoc state right now with Single target). Hot damn. 1 in 8 chance to get this. Double down on the luck.

Not even as bitter I still won't see the Headless Horseman mount since when I started playing in Wrath.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    danx wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with elemental? I want to level a resto shaman soon and was thinking of going elemental. Guess enhancement is the way to go for leveling/world quests?

I want a second alt healer since my holy paladin isn't really working out. I'm clearly doing something wrong so AOE healing is a slog and mythic+ is a pain to get through in places. Things like the mana devourer and garrote in kara were a real strain. Mainly though it's just not enjoyable. It's a shame since prot is so good for world questing. How's resto shaman?

Enhancement is miles better than Elemental at everything. The one exception is 5-man boss DPS where Ele can pop Ascendance and dominate the damage meters (unless she has to move).

edit: Enha is especially good at leveling and soloing rares. You're no blood dk or vengeance dh, but you can still self-heal yourself through almost any situation. You're suprisingly good at PvP (to the extent that Enha got a PvP nerf in the latest patch). Also, your artifact is far more awesome than anyone else's artifact.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I mean, they can dominate a heroic boss sure..

Everything in that video is the absolute truth too. Just a horrendous spec.

• Options
    If Resto is your goal, you could also just level as Resto. They buffed healing spec damage for all/most classes, and currently resto shammy is certainly able to kill stuff in a somewhat reasonable time. Pulling too many mobs has been a threat in some zones this expansion, but Resto doesn't care about that. You drop healing stream, keep riptide up, spam chain lightning, and hope to emerge victorious before you die of boredom.

But if you want thunder and fire and lightning and survivability and the feeling that you're accomplishing something, Enhancement is the way to go. Just avert your eyes whenever you see a WW monk.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Level as enhancement. The spec is very enjoyable right now. More enjoyable than it has been in years.

As for Kara, I think it's great. The first half is a 100% throwback to the original raid, the second half is all new and fresh. What I want to know is why they didn't take 10% of the design inspiration they had for Kara's second half and use it to give Xavius a better boss arena than a plain white room.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Two bosses down in Kara. Opera was Wikket and it was quite fun. Maiden took a few wipes but dragging her along the wall was our best strat. In any case, I got a new hat from opera so it's a nice start.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I was planning on ping Kara today but the horde decided to start camping and griefing at the quest giver yesterday and have been at it all day so it took a few hours to find a group name another server that I could run with.

Really looking forward to hopefully running the this weekend. I really enjoyed the music in the old Kara raid.

Is the old raid still accessible?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
This discussion has been closed.