As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [2016 Presidential Election] October Advent Calendar

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Hm, maybe I'll wait until day 2 of early voting...

nah, I need this.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular

Please Clinton, ask him how he's supposed to stand up to Iran, Russia and Djina when he needs to ask his spouse to go out and excuse his bragging about sex crimes with peer pressure.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular

Is it just me or is his hair getting more unkempt and growing?

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Ah, the Republican dilemma of having to choose whether to blame a Bush for something or acknowledge that the Bushes exist.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    NY state has no early voting provisions because the NY state legislature is corrupt and garbage fyi hth

poo
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    glimmung wrote: »
    The artist behind Pepe the frog drew a response to the alt-right meme crazyness.

Pepe the Frog: to Sleep Perchance to Meme

I only just now made the connection that Jon Rosenberg is the same guy who did Goats. And more specifically this strip.

goats030808.jpg

And then made an assload of money on bumper stickers. And probably still does.

2003, man. 2003.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    glimmungglimmung Registered User regular
    doomybear wrote: »

Is it just me or is his hair getting more unkempt and growing?

It might be that the weave needs maintenance.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Has the GOP commented on the Trump supporters who were planning to burn down a Somali apartment building on the day after the election?

Because that would be a good contrast for Hillary to draw if he brings up the NC incident.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Spectrum wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsIX0uF2n-M

I, uh...wow. That is some interesting historical information for the current campaign.
    I just now got a chance to watch this. Holy Shit. Is this an open secret, just something I've never heard before, or is this all new information on these people?

There's no way he's not a Russian plant. He's actively using his position as nominee to convince his voters that their government is illegitimate. This is Destabilization 101.

Houn on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    NY state has no early voting provisions because the NY state legislature is corrupt and garbage fyi hth

On the plus side, I don't think the NY State Legislature is racist enough to intentionally make it a multi-hour ordeal for African-Americans and/or poor people to vote, unlike some other states.

• Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular

"...the Department of Justice, the State Department and the FBI colluded (got together) to make Hillary Clinton look less guilty, look a lot better, than she looks."

I like how he defines 'colluded' like he just learned what it meant 5 minutes before recording this.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Phasen wrote: »
    What were the numbers to call incase people are being obstructionists on election day? Cursory glance at Google isn't giving me much.

Living in NC I feel like I need this number in my phone.

In case no one has posted it yet, I culled it from my facebook:

CubvGaTUMAEofyj.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    There's no way he's not a Russian plant. He's actively using his position as nominee to convince his voters that their government is illegitimate. This is Destabilization 101.

Disagree, I still think his rise and fall (and collateral damage from said fall) is an entirely organic phenomenon of pre-existing circumstances. Not that Russia hasn't tried to help it along.

A loose version of Hanlon's Razor applies here. He's not trying to delegitimise an election as part of a plan to destabilise the US, it's because he's always been a sore loser who cannot accept the idea that in a fair fight he actually loses.

And just to clarify, what he is doing is indeed awful.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    VP Candidate Tim Kaine Delivers Full Speech In Spanish
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YcqfL15C_c
    Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine spoke to a church group in Miami over the weekend.

That wouldn't be remarkable except that he spoke entirely in Spanish — a first for a candidate on a major-party ticket.
    Can't wait to hear what perceived slight Trump has over this.

huh, I did not give Tim Kaine enough credit before. he does speak Spanish better than I thought he did. English speakers are always going to have a hard time in both German and Spanish (and just about every other language I imagine), especially when switching languages and pronounciations.

but he is doing really well there and you can see him get into a rythm after a minute or two. freestylin'

sorry, Tim, your Spanish is better than fine. sorry I ever doubted you.

if you need a German tutor my fees are... not too steep.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

I, uh...wow. That is some interesting historical information for the current campaign.
    I just now got a chance to watch this. Holy Shit. Is this an open secret, just something I've never heard before, or is this all new information on these people?

@Houn

No. Its not new. Welcome to exhibit A in evidence that there is media bias against the Democrats.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I expect the topic of the entire last debate to be hillary's e-mails

• Options
    QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular

Yup, it's Chris Wallace. The entire thing will be him trying to make Hillary look as bad as possible while mentioning Trump as little as possible.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

They'll find time to go over and blame her for bills adultery.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/301323-trump-campaign-left-out-of-alaska-voter-guide
    Trump campaign left out of Alaska voter guide

Alaskans won’t find any information about Donald Trump in their voter’s guide this year, after the GOP presidential nominee's campaign failed to submit biographical data and a candidate statement.

The voter guide, which hit mailboxes this weekend, includes candidate statements from Democrats Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine, Green Party nominee Jill Stein and her running mate, Ajamu Baraka, the Constitution Party nominee and an independent candidate. But state elections officials say the Trump campaign and Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson did not submit materials ahead of an Aug. 30 deadline.
    Josie Bahnke, Alaska’s director of elections, sent letters to the Republican National Committee, Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Tuckerman Babcock, the chairman of the Alaska Republican Party, seeking information from the Trump campaign. But none of those groups responded in time to be included in the pamphlet.

Trump’s campaign in Alaska is run by Jim Crawford, a conservative businessman. The campaign in May named former state Rep. Tom Anderson, who served a five-year prison sentence in 2007 after being convicted of money laundering and bribery charges during his time in office, as its state spokesman, the Alaska Dispatch News reported.

Recent surveys have shown a surprisingly close contest in the normally reliable Republican state. A poll released Sunday by the Lake Research Group, a Democratic firm that used to conduct surveys for former Sen. Mark Begich (D), showed Trump leading Clinton, 37 percent to 36 percent, The Midnight Sun reported, with Johnson taking 7 percent.

Another poll conducted for Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R), who is seeking reelection this year, showed Trump ahead by just 3 points, 37 percent to 34 percent, with Johnson at 10 percent. An Alaska Survey Research poll conducted for the Dispatch News in early October showed Trump leading 36 percent to 31 percent. Johnson took 18 percent in that survey.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Ever since someone pointed out his hair makes a gaussian blur on his forehead I cannot look directly at it.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

@Houn

No. Its not new. Welcome to exhibit A in evidence that there is media bias against the Democrats.

Ya that video is like "Ever wonder what an actual conspiracy looks like? Here:"

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Ever since someone pointed out his hair makes a gaussian blur on his forehead I cannot look directly at it.

If this is my sole contribution to American political discourse, I will be satisfied.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Hasn't eichenwalds stuff been mostly over hyped?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

Yeah he's the wikileaks of "breaking" trump news. Like I'm sure his story tomorrow is that Trump has had 3 wives.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2016
    Taramoor wrote: »
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/301323-trump-campaign-left-out-of-alaska-voter-guide
    Trump campaign left out of Alaska voter guide

Alaskans won’t find any information about Donald Trump in their voter’s guide this year, after the GOP presidential nominee's campaign failed to submit biographical data and a candidate statement.

The voter guide, which hit mailboxes this weekend, includes candidate statements from Democrats Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine, Green Party nominee Jill Stein and her running mate, Ajamu Baraka, the Constitution Party nominee and an independent candidate. But state elections officials say the Trump campaign and Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson did not submit materials ahead of an Aug. 30 deadline.
    Josie Bahnke, Alaska’s director of elections, sent letters to the Republican National Committee, Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Tuckerman Babcock, the chairman of the Alaska Republican Party, seeking information from the Trump campaign. But none of those groups responded in time to be included in the pamphlet.

Trump’s campaign in Alaska is run by Jim Crawford, a conservative businessman. The campaign in May named former state Rep. Tom Anderson, who served a five-year prison sentence in 2007 after being convicted of money laundering and bribery charges during his time in office, as its state spokesman, the Alaska Dispatch News reported.

Recent surveys have shown a surprisingly close contest in the normally reliable Republican state. A poll released Sunday by the Lake Research Group, a Democratic firm that used to conduct surveys for former Sen. Mark Begich (D), showed Trump leading Clinton, 37 percent to 36 percent, The Midnight Sun reported, with Johnson taking 7 percent.

Another poll conducted for Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R), who is seeking reelection this year, showed Trump ahead by just 3 points, 37 percent to 34 percent, with Johnson at 10 percent. An Alaska Survey Research poll conducted for the Dispatch News in early October showed Trump leading 36 percent to 31 percent. Johnson took 18 percent in that survey.

Rigged! Crooked! SAD!

Starting to think back to the Reagan family guy sketch every time I see one of his tweets lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAES1HUIVkE

Morkath on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    TetraRay wrote: »
    Thread's too grim. This is the tweet you all need, AND the one you deserve:

I believe Michelle refers to that as his greatest weakness. :winky:

Too soon, man. Too soon.
    That's what she said?
    Noone can accuse @TetraRay of being too early though... :winky:

Edit: Oh snap, thread moved leagues ahead.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Trump was a joke for a long long time. In many ways the Apprentice was all about recreating his image after he had been a punchline for a good decade.

This.

Trump is a relic of the 80s/early 90s. He was perfect as the irrelevant has-been determining the game-show fate of other irrelevant has-beens from that era embarrassing themselves for a buck.

I felt really bad that they had to give winnings to charity- they were charity!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Phasen wrote: »
    What were the numbers to call incase people are being obstructionists on election day? Cursory glance at Google isn't giving me much.

Living in NC I feel like I need this number in my phone.

In case no one has posted it yet, I culled it from my facebook:

CubvGaTUMAEofyj.jpg
    Should probably be in the OP for the next thread (we should be getting a new thread soon, right?)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

The Laura Ingram connection is kinda interesting (I didn't know that one), but in general it's not really a big secret. A lot of people in the 'alt-right' or right wing media or whatever have basically made careers out of slagging the clintons (ex: roger ailes)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

So...how did Ann Coulter fail to get in on this shit?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Zython wrote: »

So...how did Ann Coulter fail to get in on this shit?

I dunno but I can't help feel grossed at the idea of Keith was on a date with Ingraham.

Ugh.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

For people who are following politics yes. But his stuff has been effective because it reaches an audience that does not tend to get into the weeds like we do, and because of that the information is actually novel and important.

Essentially he is doing the job that the press should be doing with regards to Clinton, detailing her policy plans which are on her website and in her speeches. But which people don't know about because very few people read candidate websites and speeches.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Thread's too grim. This is the tweet you all need, AND the one you deserve:

"No I'm not fired up and ready to go. It's five o'clock in the fucking morning."

I love this.

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Instead of insinuations, please describe in plain terms the wrongdoing this story exposes. Because I'm not seeing it. I'm open to being accused of bias, being a partisan hack, but this is weak.
    Certainly! According to the FBI's report, the seniormost State Department manager contacted the FBI and asked that one of Hillary Clinton's emails on Benghazi be "buried forever" with the wrong classification. The FBI said yes (in return for more agents allowed overseas) but then changed its mind when it found out the email's topic.

I think that's corrupt, pure and simple. But like everyone else here said, the Republican Party has been crying wolf for so long that when a real wolf shows up no one listens. They have no one to blame but themselves.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I want to remind everybody that the first time i read about trump,was when he was trotted out as argumentive proof that the red snapper pizza crust was actually not too dry.

40 years later i gotta admit that Brett Easton Ellis was right on the fucking money by associating Trump with a deranged sociopath.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Instead of insinuations, please describe in plain terms the wrongdoing this story exposes. Because I'm not seeing it. I'm open to being accused of bias, being a partisan hack, but this is weak.
    Certainly! According to the FBI's report, the seniormost State Department manager contacted the FBI and asked that one of Hillary Clinton's emails on Benghazi be "buried forever" with the wrong classification. The FBI said yes (in return for more agents allowed overseas) but then changed its mind when it found out the email's topic.

I think that's corrupt, pure and simple. But like everyone else here said, the Republican Party has been crying wolf for so long that when a real wolf shows up no one listens. They have no one to blame but themselves.

To me, that's just sausage-making. I expect three scenes like that to appear in every episode of any political drama.`

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I waffle pretty hard on how aware I think Trump is of the fact that he's being played by the Russians. I would say that a few of his remarks (regarding Ukraine and Putin) seem pretty damning, though that may just be out of a sort of reciprocity for the fact that they seem to be the only nation in the entire rest of the world that are favoring him. It's the fact that all of his stated positions are all so bizarrely in line with Russian propaganda that makes me awfully worried.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Captain marcus, are you the guy who had a band of mysterious disco ravens?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    CBS national: 4 way Clinton +9, head to head +11.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
This discussion has been closed.