As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Wrestling] Thread Has Been Appointed Secretary Of Education

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    My favorite TNA thing is them messing up the Bound for Glory series two years in a row, because they don't understand how tournaments work.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    In his latest podcast, Bruce Pritchard talks about pay issues that went down when he was head of talent relations in TNA.

Bruce said he got made aware by 5 different wrestlers that hadnt been paid for 3 to 4 weeks.
    Bruce does payroll, turns it every week. So he calls accounting in Dallas, and is told checks with this check number was sent out on this day. He gets emails showing this information. So Bruce goes to the talent and tells them this. By insist they haven't got it
    the excuse from Dallas was that it must have been their (the talents) post office. But the problem was there was a guy in tampa, l.a., sf, and they are not getting their checks...it isnt the post office.
    so 3 to 4 weeks turns into 5 to 6 weeks, and guys are saying they cant afford to go to tv. Accounting insists they were sent out. Bruce advises that those checks be stopped, since they haven't been sent yet, and send it overnight to Orlando. Accounting says they cant do overnight...has to be 2 day air.

Bruce shows up at TV and everyone got overnights. When he arrives, he has 3 guys waiting on him holding fedex envelopes saying "look at this shit." Inside were checks in envelopes, with a postmarks on them that matched the ones Accounting sent to Bruce...meaning TNA didnt stop payment and reissue checks, the fedexed the original checks to them, in the envelopes that were ran through for postage, but never mailed.

Bruce doesnt name who these 3 guys are, but says they no longer work in TNA.
    Also says that Hulk Hogan had pay issues while he was there.

Bruce concluded saying he brought the check issue to Dixie THAT DAY, and her reaction was "well they got paid."

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Magell wrote: »
    Jack Evans got fired from AAA because of this interview

Well if he ends up in NXT they only need Sydal to come back and Shelley to join for an entire Generation Next reunion.

Wonder how blackballed Matt Sydal is from WWE, I actually would like to see him and Jack Evans join up with Strong and Aries to form Generation NXT.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Well if he ends up in NXT they only need Sydal to come back and Shelley to join for an entire Generation Next reunion.

Wonder how blackballed Matt Sydal is from WWE, I actually would like to see him and Jack Evans join up with Strong and Aries to form Generation NXT.

If they were even considering it, they'd probably want to see how his legal issues and possibility of being banned from an entire country turn out.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    So I was checking my bank statement from the last month and I realised somehow, Dixie Carter owes me $20.

Y'all might wanna double check your recent transactions.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

you know Becky was in creative fighting for that to be her name.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

If they were even considering it, they'd probably want to see how his legal issues and possibility of being banned from an entire country turn out.

Much smarter than TNA who let Jeff Hardy be their champ when he couldn't go to England.

• Options

Much smarter than TNA who let Jeff Hardy be their champ when he couldn't go to England.

Investing in a performer who can't travel when you're a traveling performance company is just a dumb business decision.

So...yeah, that makes sense.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I really, really liked Almas' explanation for his heel turn on NXT.

"I worked all my life to get here, I took off my mask, my fucking mask, and did everything that was asked of me and still you assholes booed me and didn't give a shit about my legacy, meanwhile Cedric Alexander is here for 2 minutes and gets cheered out the building" is a pretty fucking great motivation

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Dorks. The cool kids have the laser background!

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Xavier Woods absolutely made that face in every elementary school photo.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Xavier Woods absolutely made that face in every elementary school photo.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    From a Miami Herald interview of Ember Moon
    On the Game of Thrones character that inspired her: “I became heavily influenced by Game of Thrones with the book. When the show came along, I was all about that life, too, but there is one character who I loved in the book, and his name was Patchface. He’s a minor character who popped up. He’s the jester, fool character, playmate for Stannis’s daughter [Shireen Baratheon] in the book, but the cool thing about him is that he always speaks in tongues, and he’s very witty and been known to prophesy. That’s one thing that I absolutely love, the whole prophesy thing, being destined for something, because I do believe that everyone has a destiny. As long as you’re willing to rise to that challenge, you can make anything happen.”

• Options
    She is the biggest goddamn nerd holy crap

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

YEAOHHHHHHH!!! Kefin chats with Jo about The King of Strong Style and the most effortlessly cool wrestler we've come across to date, Shinsuke Nakamura!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Wait...was she a half-black Dragon Monk? A half-black-dragon Monk? A half-black dragon Monk?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Wait...was she a half-black Dragon Monk? A half-black-dragon Monk? A half-black dragon Monk?

Definitely a monk who is half Black Dragon

Then you get a sweet breath weapon to pair with your flurry of blows

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Big E. is a treasure.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I once had a gold half-dragon monk.

I was never very good at that dnd stuff though.

That Patchface stuff is pretty cool too. Go Ember Moon!

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Patchface is a really deep cut. Like, holy shit. We have got to get this woman on UpUpDownDown.

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    Patchface is a really deep cut. Like, holy shit. We have got to get this woman on UpUpDownDown.

ideally to play Dungeons and Dragons: Shadows over Mystara!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRfKjj90ND8

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Dave Mastiff, national treasure.
    aQmyaXh.jpg

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Besides Becky Lynch, previously injured star Kalisto made his in-ring return at last night’s WWE house show, which was held in Sioux City, Iowa. Kalisto was recently on the shelf with a back injury.

Finally

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Rich Swann and Xavier talk video games and wrestling while playing Saturday Night Slam Masters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcJMgB9Fak

Also, Kofi Kingston's trash talk is A+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSpDu1iOuds

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Another TNA lawsuit
    Dave wrote:
    This one has been filed in Cook County, Illinois for late charges, interest and attorney fees.

This lawsuit is for $207,612.29 and it was filed against TNA Entertainment, LLC on 9/29. BankDirect paid TNA $400,146.00 so that TNA could pay insurance premiums. An agreement was made for TNA to give money back to BankDirect, but they are still $207,612.29 behind on paying them back. TNA was supposed to make ten monthly payments of $41,032.45.

• Options
    ah there's the government

• Options
    What? The government isn't involved in that.

It is BankDirect vs. TNA

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    banks and government are close like Enzo and Cass
    hit ya with the 1-2 like Becky Lynch with a gutkick and pumphandle suplex on a lass

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Geth, kick @Xehalus

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Whippy. @Xehalus banned from this thread.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Nah I'm just playin

Geth, forgive @Xehalus

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Whippy. @Xehalus is allowed back into this thread.

• Options
    this thread is more of a roller coaster than the ongoing TNA drama

just kidding, nothing is crazier than the ongoing TNA drama

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »

One theory on that is the WWE Network announcing a bunch of indy feds will now be streamed on the platform.

This discussion has been closed.