As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel] Now! No no, the new one.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Is it too late to just get Greg Pak to draw it himself instead?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Web Wings 4 Life

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    A good enough writer will make me tolerate Greg Land.

Mighty Avengers had Al Ewing and that made it good enough to stick around until a better artist came on board. Greg Pak does some of my favorite Marvel works so I'll ride out this Greg Land storm as well.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I assume jubilee is still a vampire?

Time for my bi-monthly google, "Is Jubilee still a vampire"

It's weird how quickly my computer can auto-complete that question

Mine is "Is Dani Moonstar still depowered?"

She must be the only mutant left by now.

weird how the only mutants that have never gotten their powers back after M-day are women and PoC, huh

Mirage, Jubilee, and Prodigy are the only ones off the top of my head

I've said it before, but it makes no sense that the end of AvX didn't repower every depowered mutant

I agree with you that the mutants should have gotten their powers back after AvX, but did anyone other than Magneto get their powers back after losing them post M-Day?

Iceman - turned out his power loss was actually psychosomatic somehow

Professor X - fell into the M'Kraan crystal

Quicksilver - stuck some Terrigen crystals in his chest

Chamber - Legion kind of gave him his powers back on accident as a result of Age of X

Rictor - Scarlet Witch gave him back his powers in Avengers: The Children's Crusade

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    In footage shown at a Brazillian comic convention, the Spider-Man: Homecoming suit is confirmed to have the little web wing armpit gliders.

Yeasssss

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    CysFxFuUQAEKe9R.jpg
    Super dig that new helmet on Thor

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I realize it's a controversial opinion in this thread but... I feel like greg land has gotten quite a bit better over the years? There are times in (for example) ewing's mighty avengers when it's obvious how many corners he's cutting, but it doesn't smack you in the face every couple pages the way it did in some of the mid-00s books he drew

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

weird how the only mutants that have never gotten their powers back after M-day are women and PoC, huh

I've said it before, but it makes no sense that the end of AvX didn't repower every depowered mutant

I agree with you that the mutants should have gotten their powers back after AvX, but did anyone other than Magneto get their powers back after losing them post M-Day?

Chamber - Legion kind of gave him his powers back on accident as a result of Age of X

Rictor - Scarlet Witch gave him back his powers in Avengers: The Children's Crusade

Wait what Scarlet Witch could just fix what she did? Why didn't she do that for everyone who wanted it? Though Rictor is the only POC to be repowered of the group. Your larger point still stands, as it still is only one person.

never die on
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular

Polaris: repowered by Apocalypse (originally intended to be technology that simulated her powers, but in practise just her old powers in every way)

Marrow: Wasn't reading X-Force, but she seemed to have her powers back in that.

And some more minor characters that just appeared again later with their powers.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

Wait what Scarlet Witch could just fix what she did? Why didn't she do that for everyone who wanted it? Though Rictor is the only POC to be repowered of the group. Your larger point still stands, as it still is only one person.

Scarlet Witch couldn't repower everyone because she was stuck in a terrible story where everything was Doom's fault.

• Options

Polaris: repowered by Apocalypse (originally intended to be technology that simulated her powers, but in practise just her old powers in every way)

And some more minor characters that just appeared again later with their powers.

Marrow kind of got her powers back, but it was an experimental thing that caused her bone spikes to grow out of control and she had to wear a device to keep them under control, it was pretty gnarly

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Marrow kind of got her powers back, but it was an experimental thing that caused her bone spikes to grow out of control and she had to wear a device to keep them under control, it was pretty gnarly

I mean, it's Marrow

If it wasn't pretty gnarly, would it really have been appropriate?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Greg Land is one of like.. two, maybe three artists where I cannot get past the art to enjoy the book no matter how good the writing

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Greg Land is one of like.. two, maybe three artists where I cannot get past the art to enjoy the book no matter how good the writing

He was decent for me in Colin Bunn's run on Uncanny X-Men until the most recent arc with Exodus, where his old habits became very apparent and it took me out of the arc. I dunno if the art was rushed on that issue or what, but the inappropriate facial expressions and body language was really noticeable.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Surprising no one. No amount of good writing will make a comic work for me if the art's (more specifically the storytelling of the art) bad. And vice versa.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Surprising no one. No amount of good writing will make a comic work for me if the art's (more specifically the storytelling of the art) bad. And vice versa.

And then you have a perfect storm where BOTH are terrible, like the Robby Reyes Ghost rider

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    One day Tradd Moore will get the writer he deserves

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Tradd Moore is doooooope

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Tradd Moore is fucking the bee's god damn knees.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

Justin Jordan?

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I. Love. Armpit gliders.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite was just announced at Playstation Experience

Iron Man and Captain Marvel were shown

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Captain Marvel had normal long hair, not her usual comic book look.

So maybe they are leaning towards the MCU as rumored?

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

Justin Jordan?

I don't know man

I really liked Luther Strode for the art but I found the writing in volume 3 to be kind of awful

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Yessssssssssss

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I'm fairly certainly that if anybody ever got a chance to examine Parker's homemade webshooters close-up, they'd notice things like a repurposed nozzle from a helium tank, a used CO2 canister from an airsoft rifle, and bits and pieces from online electronics sets.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    UMVC3 is also back!*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KctMDsHVF8

*If you're on PlayStation 4. It won't be out on PC and Xbone until next March :/

Also, some more info on MVC:Infinite (aka MVC4): http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-hits-ps4-in-2017-2v2-battles-infinity-stones-more/
    First look at gameplay will be during the Capcom Cup broadcast on ESPN on Sunday.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Whats the price on mvc3

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Whats the price on mvc3

25 bucks

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The fighting game thread people don't care about this, so I need to chat on this with you nerds

Who do we want in MvC4, keeping in mind there probably aren't any X-Men and they've already shown Iron Man and Captain Marvel

Here's who was in 3
    Captain America
    Deadpool
    Doctor Doom
    Doctor Strange
    Dormammu
    Ghost Rider
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Iron Fist
    Iron Man
    Magneto
    MODOK
    Nova
    Phoenix
    Rocket Raccoon
    Sentinel
    She-Hulk
    Shuma-Gorath
    Spider-Man
    Storm
    Super-Skrull
    Taskmaster
    Thor
    Wolverine
    X-23

I'm really pulling for Star-Lord and Ms. Marvel

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rocket Raccoon, Dr Strange, Thor, and hulk are basically guarenteed

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Ooh, I bet Black Panther will be in it too, that'll be cool

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    We'll probably get Ant-Man and Black Panther as well, Strange too.
    I'm hoping they bring Taskmaster and Dormammu back.

• Options
    If we dont get x-men I feel like black panther is a good pallette swap for wolverine

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    If we dont get x-men I feel like black panther is a good pallette swap for wolverine

Great, now I want to hear T'Challa shout "Drill Claw!"
    Basically all the movie heroes are locked, I'd be shocked if there was no Loki, what are the odds on the F4 showing up?

• Options
  • Options
    Star-Lord seems like a given

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Goddamnit Guardians, why did you have to get me all looking forward to you

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
This discussion has been closed.