As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Civilization 6: The Thread

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    So the Aliens from War of the Worlds, basically.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    You can build APCs without the wheel.

Somebody fucked up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    You can get Scythian mounted archers right off the bat without ever touching archery. Civ games have never been terribly consistent.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

Somebody fucked up.

Well all their practice with wheeless battering rams and siege towers gave them plenty of experience throughout history.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    gilgamesh gets War Carts (giant chariots) on Turn 1

by the way

Gilgamesh is a fucking rad leader in this game I think. Ziggurats are OP, tribal bonus from barb camps is off the scale nuts.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    pro tip

if you're Arabia you have to unlock Theology in order to get the university, not education

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Damnit Pedro we've been over this! You always attack me when you've only got one city and are a whole era behind me, you don't stand a chance against my Legions!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The difference in how the game runs between the end of one game and the start of the next one is stark

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »

and probably a dozen or so other civilizations from TNG

when you can't afford to build sets, everyone gets to be space amish!

• Options
    Kongo beats my Settler to a spot right next to my border by one turn

it's nowhere near his own land

next turn he goes HEY QUIT SETTLING NEXT TO ME MAN

Fuck you, buddy.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Pedro

go away

why are you in every single game I play

no one likes you

you're a dick

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Pedro

go away

why are you in every single game I play

no one likes you

you're a dick

Playing islands and he dun settled on mine then started spreading his religion at me. It. Is. On.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I've resorted to denouncing him every single chance I get because he gets so pissy about the fact that I have more great people than him.

It is just hilarious

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    In my current game I long since stopped caring about my religion, except using it as an impetus to wage holy wars across the globe. Thanks for converting my cities!

Plus using all my faith to instead snatch every great person I've wanted has been nice too.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    yeah faith is way more reliable in GP recruitment and also just spending in bulk to raise an army faith prices for advanced units are completely reasonable

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Kongo beats my Settler to a spot right next to my border by one turn

it's nowhere near his own land

next turn he goes HEY QUIT SETTLING NEXT TO ME MAN

Fuck you, buddy.

the AI in these games is always basically an eight year old child in terms of their all-consuming solipsism

• Options
    I'm gonna go pitch a tent just outside the White House then pick up a bullhorn and go "HEY, OBAMA

QUIT TREADIN' ON ME

UH TO BE CLEAR I DON'T ESPOUSE SYMPATHIES WITH THE CONFEDERATE MOVEMENT, I MEAN YOUR WHITE HOUSE IS WAY TOO CLOSE TO MY TENT, STOP IT"

because that's basically what he did (I'm Roosevelt)

sig.gif
  • Options
    Me: "Saladin, I see your settler, don't you dare create a city in between my two cities."
    Saladin: "Oh, sorry, didn't see your cities nearby!"

Rumors has it that Saladin has expanded his territory with the founding of Damascus

Saladin: "I see you have military near my borders, remove them unless you intend to start a war"

Yeah, cause I'm the one who started it. The only one left on the continent after I wiped out Brazil is Gorgo and I'm pretty sure if I raze Saladin's entire nation off the map she'll ally with me instead of denouncing me.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I noticed Egypt apostles surrounding one of my cities again, and was already to declare War on Cleopatra again to get 'em out, but then I noticed that they're apostles for... My religion. And the city they were surrounding already had it.

That's an, uh... Interesting strategy, Cleo

• Options
    Listen

my hand isn't touching your nose, I don't see why you're so upset

sig.gif
  • Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Me: "Saladin, I see your settler, don't you dare create a city in between my two cities."
    Saladin: "Oh, sorry, didn't see your cities nearby!"

Rumors has it that Saladin has expanded his territory with the founding of Damascus

Saladin: "I see you have military near my borders, remove them unless you intend to start a war"

Yeah, cause I'm the one who started it. The only one left on the continent after I wiped out Brazil is Gorgo and I'm pretty sure if I raze Saladin's entire nation off the map she'll ally with me instead of denouncing me.

I see Saladin subscribes to the Beijing method of dealing with problems ala south china sea.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Gandhi got mad at me because I was too warlike. Having declared on 2 other empires via Casus Belli. Whatever.

So a few turns later he demands tribute and when I refuse. He declares war on me!

All I could think was the achewood "oh my God that is the worst possible answer"

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    I had Russia request my assistance in a joint war. I was like, "Fuck it, why not." Russia then got mad at me for being a warmonger and declared war on me.

Fuckin'... Be cool, Russia. Jesus.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Gandhi got mad at me because I was too warlike. Having declared on 2 other empires via Casus Belli. Whatever.

So a few turns later he demands tribute and when I refuse. He declares war on me!

All I could think was the achewood "oh my God that is the worst possible answer"

Casus Belli gives you a 50% penalty, so 2 of them = formal war declaration.

However it is really hard to gain a standing relationship with a civ. I think switching governments is the way to go since government type isn't nearly as important as it was in V

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    I had Russia request my assistance in a joint war. I was like, "Fuck it, why not." Russia then got mad at me for being a warmonger and declared war on me.

I love Peter's response if you decline something

"Stupid, Stupid..."

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Shortly after I wiped China from the globe

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    This is a screenshot I took last night, if you want to see some funny shit:
    7mw6weav7p3n.jpg

• Options
    thats pretty typical, unfortunately

the AI is really playing to type right now and it actually is kinda bad

like you expect montezuma to try and shit on people, but you don't expect him to literally not play the game except to keep pressing Jaguar until he has enough

• Options
    If you declare war on the country that owns the missionaries, and start killing them all, it lowers the level of that religion's influence on cities in a 10-ish tile radius

Which is interesting, and a solid mechanic, but also kinda horrifying when you start to think of the implications

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Why should I listen to you? You're Hitler!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Gandhi's AI personality seems to be "no one can monger war except Gandhi".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    If you declare war on the country that owns the missionaries, and start killing them all, it lowers the level of that religion's influence on cities in a 10-ish tile radius

Which is interesting, and a solid mechanic, but also kinda horrifying when you start to think of the implications

Some of my Apostles got the ability that turns them into relics if they die in a faith fight.

...Oh good, you brought me his skull back...and covered it in gold....didn't waste any time on this did you?

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    This is a screenshot I took last night, if you want to see some funny shit:
    7mw6weav7p3n.jpg

And that's why you don't settle Utah.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    There have to be some shenanigans going on with AI and resource generation because that's well over 3000 faith worth of missionaries and apostles, at least, and I guarantee even if all those were wiped out they'd just have that same amount a couple turns later.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    There have to be some shenanigans going on with AI and resource generation because that's well over 3000 faith worth of missionaries and apostles, at least, and I guarantee even if all those were wiped out they'd just have that same amount a couple turns later.

I mean, if that game was being played on King or up, that's correct

Above Prince, the game cheats in the AI's favor.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I wish there was some way to implement difficulty in 4x games without simply blatantly giving the AI access to things a human can't possibly replicate.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Some of my Apostles got the ability that turns them into relics if they die in a faith fight.

...Oh good, you brought me his skull back...and covered it in gold....didn't waste any time on this did you?

We need to get this in a museum quick, 50 Cent is outside and he has that gold skull look to him again

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    I wish there was some way to implement difficulty in 4x games without simply blatantly giving the AI access to things a human can't possibly replicate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlBR1z-ue-I

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

Somebody fucked up.

nah if you lift up that armor it's just horses under there