As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] 2016 Season Summed Up in a Single Photograph

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I thought football teams didn't pay taxes. What would they be writing off?

the nfl is a non profit. the teams very much are not.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Ah, okay.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    FYI both days are featuring a late afternoon and night game. Apparently there's a storm in KC and they decided to push the game back.

NFC will be the late afternoon game and AFC will be the night game, both today and Sunday

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    davis is taking out a loan to move to LV. he definitely can't fund a new stadium

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    And according to a national guy, papers are going to be filed after the next owner vote (Ian Rapoport tweeted it today).Geez NFL, looking to rip the band-aid off in one season? I'm sorry, Oakland.

Vladimer on
    you think rivers will retire rather than move to LA. he's been pretty clear about now wanting to leave

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jars wrote: »
    you think rivers will retire rather than move to LA. he's been pretty clear about now wanting to leave

Maybe. It's not like he has to move his family. It's only 2 hours away.

He has been pretty adamantly against it though. Maybe he'll get traded. Rivers can be a self-righteous douche but let's not pretend he isn't a good quarterback

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    At this point Rivers is in the upper 50% of QBs in the league but he would have to go to a team that's a QB short of being good. He's only got a few years left.

At this point Rivers is in the upper 50% of QBs in the league but he would have to go to a team that's a QB short of being good. He's only got a few years left.

I agree. With the dearth of quarterbacks these days it might not be the hardest situation to find, though. There's a pretty good chance he stays with the Chargers but given his level of bellyaching about it I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up somewhere else.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Vladimer wrote: »

I agree. With the dearth of quarterbacks these days it might not be the hardest situation to find, though. There's a pretty good chance he stays with the Chargers but given his level of bellyaching about it I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up somewhere else.

I imagine him complaining a bunch but ultimately his day-to-day life won't change nearly as much as it would if he left. I see him begrudgingly staying till he retires in 3 years.

Houk the Namebringer on
    Houk wrote: »
    Vladimer wrote: »

I imagine him complaining a bunch but ultimately his day-to-day life won't change nearly as much as it would if he left. I see him begrudgingly staying till he retires in 3 years.

Also extremely possible! Has he had an official stance since it was actually announced? I think we're all just going off of the posturing he presented while it was still a "maybe".

alright we are down to the 7 best teams in then nfl, plus the texans

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular

Maybe. It's not like he has to move his family. It's only 2 hours away.

One way. So 4 hours of commuting every day. Except when there's traffic and it turns into 4 or more each way, now it's up to 8 hours a day driving. Because NFL players have thay kind of free time?

Assuming he enjoys seeing his wife and 47 children semi-regularly I don't think that's going to work.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    so long Georgia Dome

Devin Hester still going

Falcons up and get the ball back

looking good

this is a rout. get an oline and try again seahawks

VIC BEASLEY

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    turns out earl thomas is important and without him the entire defense is way worse. who would have thought.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    The D I can eat with, Earl's out AND we're down a corner.

Cable needs to finally get fired, though. This run defense is absolutely terrible, but you wouldn't know it to watch our OL try to block them...and that's what they're GOOD at, comparatively. He's got his hands in ever OL pick they make and since Okung they've completely missed on every OL they've ever drafted.

Ryan calm down

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    0 for 5 on good games so far this playoff. About to be 0 for 6.

Wonder how they'll blame Kaepernick for these ratings.

you ain't got a chance in hell to win this, Baldwin

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    mad8tA5k1.jpg

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    remember when people were interviewing cable for HC positions. what the fuck was the mentality behind that

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If you stop pressing against the Seahawks you will lose.

phew

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Hahahaha

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    remember when people were interviewing cable for HC positions. what the fuck was the mentality behind that

He WAS a head coach, of the Raiders in 2008-2011. And honestly, I thought he did an okay job given how badly the Raiders were hampered by Al Davis' interference in personnel matters. He built a pretty mauling run attack with the roster he had.

He probably wasn't a great head coach, generally, but the Raiders were 5-11, 4-12 under Turner, 2-14 under Shell, 4-12, 5-11 under Kiffin, then 5-11, 8-8 under Cable. Then 8-8 under Hue Jackson, before sliding back to 4-12, 4-12, 3-13 under Allen. Relatively speaking, Cable's tenure there was a high point, and bracketed by worse tenures by well-respected head coaches.

hippofant on
    was that the year they traded for palmer?

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I'm sure the niners will hire cable, unless they can find someone worse

edited January 2017
    Seattle Penaltyhawks

Xehalus on
    Classy!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Off by half a season. Fired Cable, traded for Palmer. Jackson coached Palmer's first season with the Raiders.

Cable worked with a combination of JaMarcus Russell, Brad Gradkowski, JP Losman, Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller, and Charlie Frye.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Jackson was responsible for that.

Cable was responsible for getting drunk and beating up one of his assistants.

Well, Atlanta might be tough to beat. Seattle played right into their strengths and they're going to be confident going into the next game.

This discussion has been closed.