As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

U mad?

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    JoeUser wrote: »

It's too bad there wasn't a good guy with a gun around who could shoot her before she dropped it.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm mad Freddos are 30p now

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Woo! Driving to work in -40 and below, with the wind gusting at 80mph to blow snow making it so you can barely see past the hood of your own car.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Today I am mad at 401k loans. They are the bane of my existence

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    The two neighbors near me who cleared snow out of their driveways by shoveling it into the street are now first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Woo! Driving to work in -40 and below, with the wind gusting at 80mph to blow snow making it so you can barely see past the hood of your own car.

Did you hear about that 100 car pileup in Ontario a couple weeks back?

that was 1 KM north of my work, and I was at work at the time. Luckily it didn't affect my drive home..... but it screwed over a lot of people

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm mad today because some jackass(es?) broke into many of the storage units at my condo, including my own.
    Fortunately, I didn't have anything of any value stored in mine, just empty plastic storage totes that I used for moving, but I'm still pissed that I have to replace the padlock.
    Just, a shit thing to have to deal with when I'm trying to get to work.

Also, I just realized they stole my backup windshield washer fluid. That's gonna cost me a buck, a buck fifty to replace.

Replacement lock bought. I got one with the extended shroud to make it harder to squeeze in a pair of bolt cutters. Also a thicker than usual shackle on it so if they do manage to squeeze in the bolt cutters it'll still be hard to cut.

Of course, the storage unit is still made out of siding material and the hopes and dreams of small sickly puppies, so anyone with 30 seconds and a crowbar could pop the locking mechanism off the door (or just break through the door) far more easily than they could get the padlock off. So, still not storing anything of any marginal value out there.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Today has been shit. Just shit.

• Options
    Today has been shit. Just shit.

This week has been shit and I will be very happy to see the back end of it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Just drove across town just to have the person I was going to see not answer the door or their phone or anything.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Just drove across town just to have the person I was going to see not answer the door or their phone or anything.

I had a friend do this to me 3 times and I've not talked to him since the third time. He called me like twice when I was already halfway home and I knew if I answered the phone I'd tell him some shit that would get me on an FBI watch list, so I just didn't answer and drove angry, listening to Rammstein.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I once had a friend who I hadn't seen in years offer to hang out and play board games

I said "yes", started making dinner, got the board games out and... dude fucking ghosted me, and hasn't spoken to me since

I dunno wtf is up with that guy buuut

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I once had a friend who I hadn't seen in years offer to hang out and play board games

I said "yes", started making dinner, got the board games out and... dude fucking ghosted me, and hasn't spoken to me since

Look, I'm sorry! God!

• Options
    Maybe he hadn't figured out a way to get out of the ocean without suspicion.

• Options

Look, I'm sorry! God!

I'M HEARTBROKEN

• Options

Look, I'm sorry! God!

I'M HEARTBROKEN

I told you I was abducted by aliens

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's quiet now, but the next apartment over has a dog that will not shut the hell up. Barking constantly all day, every day.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I found out last night that an ex-coworker and friend has stage 3 stomach cancer. He is also refusing treatment.

So I am mad at both cancer and him simultaneously.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I found out last night that an ex-coworker and friend has stage 3 stomach cancer. He is also refusing treatment.

I'm sorry, dude. Hugs.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Tonkka wrote: »

aww for fucks sake.

stage three ain't the end of the world, not at all.

he might be shook and all, but he's fuckin up right now.

Label on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    If someone didn't use logic to get where they are currently, logic is not going to be the thing that will change their mind.

(I think I read that here, actually.)

agreed. So what's the solution.

so far my list is "face-stabbing" or "lock them in a matrix-type virtual reality where they think they're still in power"

I think i'm just going to try to avoid news and lie around the floor with my dog sitting on me. maybe forever.
    I'd say protest and vote in elections to change the status quo, but not enough people feel that particular burning desire, as evidenced by the current political situation.

So.... wait until they die off?

problem about waiting for those folk to die off
    is that a lot of other people who need change NOW will die first

I would also argue that this is one big justifiers of incrementalism (which doesn't work): "We'll get change! We just have to be patient and take what we can get!"

you can raise a stink - I know speaking out is constantly talked down on but it's actually kind of a big deal letting folk that people with your POV exist, and if there's enough like you making noise, lawmakers can and have been scared away from pulling the trigger on shitty laws

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    If someone didn't use logic to get where they are currently, logic is not going to be the thing that will change their mind.

(I think I read that here, actually.)

agreed. So what's the solution.

so far my list is "face-stabbing" or "lock them in a matrix-type virtual reality where they think they're still in power"

I think i'm just going to try to avoid news and lie around the floor with my dog sitting on me. maybe forever.
    I'd say protest and vote in elections to change the status quo, but not enough people feel that particular burning desire, as evidenced by the current political situation.

So.... wait until they die off?

problem about waiting for those folk to die off
    is that a lot of other people who need change NOW will die first

I would also argue that this is one big justifiers of incrementalism (which doesn't work): "We'll get change! We just have to be patient and take what we can get!"

you can raise a stink - I know speaking out is constantly talked down on but it's actually kind of a big deal letting folk that people with your POV exist, and if there's enough like you making noise, lawmakers can and have been scared away from pulling the trigger on shitty laws
    I do not disagree with you, but not enough people think they can make a difference.

Which, to tie it back to the thread, makes me mad.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    The belief that present is somehow static and unchanging is what pisses me off

Things do change! We have thousands of years of recorded history to indicate this!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options

Things do change! We have thousands of years of recorded history to indicate this!
    Show me the stone tablet that says so!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Show me the stone tablet that says so!

Best I can do is this stoned tablet, though I don't think you can read much on it.

7inaomzc44tm.jpeg

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The other downside with that wait to die out route, is the science they constantly shit on is constantly extending their life span.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    The other downside with that wait to die out route, is the science they constantly shit on is constantly extending their life span.

Also shitty people are very good at raising new young people to be just as shitty. The best way to combat that is to fight back now and show all those young people they're being taught wrong. If you just quietly wait for the problem to go away, it won't.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I goddamn hate winter, so many nose bleeds.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Due to the way my workplace is set up, I have a toilet that is 99% mine alone. The price I pay for this privilege is that it's the one closest to the front entrance, so if a customer or delivery person ever needs to poop here, it's in my toilet. This happens maybe once every three or four months.

Somehow the FedEx guy broke the toilet seat. He's a skinny dude, maybe 2/3rds my size at most, so I can't imagine he was placing some specific stress on it that I wasn't. Unless he was standing on it? Now my boss is suggesting that I check the ceiling tiles above the toilet, just in case the FedEx guy stashed some contraband up there.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Due to the way my workplace is set up, I have a toilet that is 99% mine alone. The price I pay for this privilege is that it's the one closest to the front entrance, so if a customer or delivery person ever needs to poop here, it's in my toilet.

Somehow the FedEx guy just broke the toilet seat. He's a skinny dude, maybe 2/3rds my size at most, so I can't imagine he was placing some specific stress on it that I wasn't. Unless he was standing on it? Now my boss is suggesting that I check the ceiling tiles above the toilet, just in case the FedEx guy stashed some contraband up there.

Let us know what you find.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    I would like to register my discontent with James Comey.

Treason Is A Crime, asshole.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Due to the way my workplace is set up, I have a toilet that is 99% mine alone. The price I pay for this privilege is that it's the one closest to the front entrance, so if a customer or delivery person ever needs to poop here, it's in my toilet.

Somehow the FedEx guy just broke the toilet seat. He's a skinny dude, maybe 2/3rds my size at most, so I can't imagine he was placing some specific stress on it that I wasn't. Unless he was standing on it? Now my boss is suggesting that I check the ceiling tiles above the toilet, just in case the FedEx guy stashed some contraband up there.

That draft was saved from this afternoon, and I wasn't able to find the stepladder. So I'll share my findings tomorrow morning probably.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

We had something similar at my old work, kept noticing whenever the new kid would use bathroom, there'd be a footprint on toilet seat.

Checked the ceiling one day after he used it found a half ball of coke.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Did you steal or contaminate or boobytrap the cocaine

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Did you steal or contaminate or boobytrap the cocaine

Sadly bosses dealt with it, and I left on delivery. Cops and everything were involved by end tho.

I still have a feeling that the bag was smaller by the time the cops arrived and bosses seemed more energetic than usual tho.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ what narc called the cops, this is something that could've been dealt with in a civilized fashion, like a mousetrap or sprinkling of borax

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Jesus Christ what narc called the cops, this is something that could've been dealt with in a civilized fashion, like a mousetrap or sprinkling of borax

Or replace it with an identical bag filled with powdered sugar and see if he says a goddamn to word to anyone in the office. And also make sure everyone is eating those powdered donuts that day and has white dust all over their fingers and under their nose to really fuck with him.

Fucking amateurs calling the cops.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Super edgy posting up in here no call the fucking police

This discussion has been closed.